Why isn't Technology that much differant from Kotor era

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kreiger
in the Clone Wars, and Imperial Eras? I would think after 5000 years they would have MUCH better technology, I'm sure they have tiny advances like we do in RL, the Guns are more accurate, more powerful, etc etc, but nothing really big

Null ARC Avis
it was less than 4000 and i dont really know. maybe there are subtle things like death stars and SSDs and SDs and Galaxy Guns and planetary shields and DDs. I dont know at all...

Quinlan_Vos
See, technology in the SW universe has reached so high that very few advancements can be. This is so because hyperdrive was invented 25,000 BBY. Therefore, in 25,000 BBY people were flying ships through space. That tells you the slow advancement rate of SW.

Captain REX
Death Star, subtle thing. Hah!

Hyperdrive was invented 25,000BBY, but ships were being flown way before.

TheBalance
There has been tons of advancements in ecerything in cultural technological, physical, astronomical and in gonvermental (also Jedi Knowledge)

Ushgarak
There does seem to be a vibe that the Republic is stagnant.

So development does not really resume until the Clone Wars.

Brotz
The slow rate of technological advances might have something to do with the damage that the Republic suffered in the New Sith Wars, looking at the Republic Dark Age and the condition of the Army of Light by the Ruusan campaign. It took centuries for the Republic to recover from that war.

Even so, the pre-Clone Wars Republic had at least evolved centuries ahead of the KOTOR-era Republic:

1. Droids in non-military fields had gotten better (more intelligent) and produced in a larger scale.

2. Speeder bikes and swoops of relatively the same size had been made, and podracing had been established and became a popular sport on many worlds.

3. Medical technology had clearly evolved, with disease becoming a rarity on civilized, developed worlds like Coruscant. Epidemics only occured on isolated worlds such as Jabiim.

One thing that has to be taken into account is technology is harder to spread and update on a galactic scale than a global/planetary scale, especially in a intersellar society with millions of different sentient species, which is one of the reasons why most technological advances are shown in military applications.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.