silver age Thor Stronger than HULK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

paolo2143

DigiMark007
The way Stan wrote Thor, he was the strongest character going in Marvel at the time....Hulk included. Stan has mentioned this before in interviews and such.

He kinda hit his peak at the Midgard Serpent in the mid 80's, then Marvel has been slowly bringing him down in pure strength, while Hulk has gotten more and more beastly.

Dinalfos
It's true, Thor was initially as strong or stronger than Hulk. But the latter was a lot weaker in those times and his ability to increase his strength not nearly as ludicrous as it became years later.

I do believe Stan Lee's opinion has shifted a little over the years though. He still believes Thor to be more powerful(and that he would win a fight), but he also said that Hulk could equal or surpass him in the strength department. I don't know what all of this means anymore, though.

badabing
I would like to see Thor's speed and invulnerability increase.

Apolloknight

Mindship
Thor was initially as strong or stronger than Hulk.

Going all the way back to the 1960s, Thor was 3rd strongest. Thing was second, Hulk first. This was from an old Spider-Man comic explaining Spidey's powers and showing how he compared to other Marvel characters at the time.

Skeets
Silver age Hulk was on a league of his own.Sure Thor lifted the snake but that's hardly an equal to what Hulk's lifted back then(the universe).

Juntai
Power should not be confused with physical might.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Dinalfos
It's true, Thor was initially as strong or stronger than Hulk. But the latter was a lot weaker in those times and his ability to increase his strength not nearly as ludicrous as it became years later.

I do believe Stan Lee's opinion has shifted a little over the years though. He still believes Thor to be more powerful(and that he would win a fight), but he also said that Hulk could equal or surpass him in the strength department. I don't know what all of this means anymore, though.

What he said was that perhaps Hulk could eventually become as physically strong as Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.