Loki v.s. Dr. Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galan7777777
ok this is an all out battle of magics.........these 2 can use any powers that at their disposal, and both of them are bloodlusted, i think loki takes this one.......what do u think?

galan7777777
or dr. strange?

galan7777777
bump

tru-marvell
Bloodlusted or not I think Strange has the overall power to win this...remember when Loki accidently absorb all of Dormammu's power and it was too much for him? And Stange has beatin ol'dready more than once. So I would say Strange 7/10 wins

galan7777777
Originally posted by tru-marvell
Bloodlusted or not I think Strange has the overall power to win this...remember when Loki accidently absorb all of Dormammu's power and it was too much for him? And Stange has beatin ol'dready more than once. So I would say Strange 7/10 wins yes but strange hasent outright beaten dormammu with magical power alone..... i really think loki has the advantage here

galan7777777
bump

Whittdawg92
My vote's on Strange, cuz Loki sux.

Comicbook_kid
Loki takes this EASY........because I already have the issue where they fight (Strange Tales #182), and Loki (In just his WEAKENED, ASTRAL form) is more than a match for Doc Strange....and almost kills him. If not for Thor's intervention, Loki most SURELY would've killed Strange......

If you don't believe me, read the issue..............Loki is WAAAAAAY out of Strange's league........

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Loki takes this EASY........because I already have the issue where they fight (Strange Tales #182), and Loki (In just his WEAKENED, ASTRAL form) is more than a match for Doc Strange....and almost kills him. If not for Thor's intervention, Loki most SURELY would've killed Strange......

If you don't believe me, read the issue..............Loki is WAAAAAAY out of Strange's league........

Every interaction between Loki and strange depicts Loki as Strange's superior. However, there are situations where Strange, as the Sorceror Supreme, is depicted as being nearly all powerful due to his possession of certain items. He even briefly matched the Infinity Gauntlet. Quite silly but it has happened.

BuzzKiller
as loki is mortal in a round about way, i think strange takes this. while loki may be able to put strange down he could not kill strange. strange could kill loki. besides strange when written at his most powerful his a very powerful dude and loki could not beat a bloodlusted well written strange.

strange 6 or 7/10

DigiMark007
The lone meeting Loki had the upper hand was very, very early in Strange's career.

By feats, and even some brief head-to-heads since then, Strange has proved himself to be the more powerful and versatile. I had this battle with a poster years ago and he was able to sway me over to Steve's side.

No prep, I almost want to say Loki (since his magic is inherent), but with any sort of forewarning, Strange should be able to take this.

Good fight though. And Loki's sweet. cool

MJOILNIR
In a preped know your coming fight I just cant bet against Strange. In a suprise, on the spot fight Loki would fair far better. Strange actually casts his spells, Loki dosnt. Like Digi said his magic is internal and natural which kinda leads me to believe its a bit faster than Strange's magic. This could make a difference. I like both characters and even though I like Loki better I would probably give a slight edge to Strange here as well. Not much of one though. Ill take a look at the spell casting speed and may change my mind after that.

long pig
Originally posted by galan7777777
yes but strange hasent outright beaten dormammu with magical power alone..... i really think loki has the advantage here
He has beaten Dormammu with magic and skill alone...twice.

As for Loki gaining the upperhand in Strange's 3rd appearance, it really didn't happen. In fact, Loki used prep against Strange and could only stalemate. Then, Strange flat out beat him in a telepathy fight.

Strange then overwhelmed Loki by creating...get this...perfect duplicates of himself, all with magical powers and telepathy. He simply ran Loki off.

As for "internal" vs "external" magic sources, it doesn't make a lot of a difference imo. Loki is a natural mage with tons of personal magical reserves, Strange is a 5000 year vet of learning his craft with limitless sources to call power from.

Don't see Loki winning.

Grimm22
Its hard to take Loki seriously with that stupid hat laughing

Either way Strange is by far a better magician

long pig
Originally posted by Grimm22
Its hard to take Loki seriously with that stupid hat laughing

Either way Strange is by far a better magician
I agree, dod or no, Loki just isn't as powerful.

Grimm22
I prefer Ult. Loki, mainly because he dosent have that stupid hat

Lucid Lui
Sure it's a stupid hat, but Loki is badass, and he pulls it off.

complexbrother
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Every interaction between Loki and strange depicts Loki as Strange's superior. However, there are situations where Strange, as the Sorceror Supreme, is depicted as being nearly all powerful due to his possession of certain items. He even briefly matched the Infinity Gauntlet. Quite silly but it has happened.

where do people get their fact from ??? Dr. Strangs has in no way ever even briefly been nowhere close a powerful as the IG. and every time Dr. Strange and Loki met DS has lost or at best stailmated Loki (and that was due only to Loki being trapped in another dimention and severly weakend)

I have the entire IG collection of books (all 3 sets, Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, and Infinity Crusade) and nowhere in the books were any mention and / or showing the Dr. Strange being anything close to equal to the IG.

stop making stuff up people to make your favorite chareter win, it's simple, go and look into their history for your facts, it's all right there in black and white.

complexbrother
Originally posted by long pig
He has beaten Dormammu with magic and skill alone...twice.

As for Loki gaining the upperhand in Strange's 3rd appearance, it really didn't happen. In fact, Loki used prep against Strange and could only stalemate. Then, Strange flat out beat him in a telepathy fight.

Strange then overwhelmed Loki by creating...get this...perfect duplicates of himself, all with magical powers and telepathy. He simply ran Loki off.

As for "internal" vs "external" magic sources, it doesn't make a lot of a difference imo. Loki is a natural mage with tons of personal magical reserves, Strange is a 5000 year vet of learning his craft with limitless sources to call power from.

Don't see Loki winning.

once again where do you get your facts from ??? Strange has never beaten Dormammu only stailmated at best (even Strange has said that and it's in his offical marvel bio, 5000 years ? where in the hell did that come from ? he's powerful but c-mon man . *sheesh*

darthgoober
Originally posted by complexbrother
where do people get their fact from ??? Dr. Strangs has in no way ever even briefly been nowhere close a powerful as the IG. and every time Dr. Strange and Loki met DS has lost or at best stailmated Loki (and that was due only to Loki being trapped in another dimention and severly weakend)

I have the entire IG collection of books (all 3 sets, Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, and Infinity Crusade) and nowhere in the books were any mention and / or showing the Dr. Strange being anything close to equal to the IG.

stop making stuff up people to make your favorite chareter win, it's simple, go and look into their history for your facts, it's all right there in black and white.

It happened in one of the side books(probably Dr, Strange I don't really remember, it was a while back), not any of the core books. Unless I'm remembering wrong, Strange used his Eye of Agam...Damn it, you know what it's called, to bring a lot of his equipment to where they were fight and took Warlock on. It was pretty cool to see actually(even if it was BS, Strange is da bomb, but that's way out of his league).

Horrificus
Loki takes it. Especially with prep.
I think "Bloodlusted" used with characters like these, is actually a negative thing that should count against them. These guys need their wits about them.
Anyway, Loki uses more than just his inherent magic. He also has access to other artifacts, ages of experience, and is far more cunning than Strange.
I thinkif he just goes up against Strange on the spur of the moment, Strange might be able to win a few. I think, if Loki works things out, Strange goes down hard.

galan7777777
bump

rotiart

I can't remember the exact comic, but it was "apart" of what I'd call the infinity gauntlet series. Dr. Strange faced off against Adam Warlock. He arrived there hiding his other artifacts "behind" his eye of agamotto. Then it became a series of Adam Warlock trying to "show off" and get strange to leave him alone. and Strange showing he had a countermeasre for anything adam did.

ie. adam used the space gem to send strange to the ends of space so far in fact that light could not be seen. Strange using an item (i think wand of watoomb) used the winds of something and reppeared beside warlock.

I'd have to reread it, but thats what it showed, that any gem used against strange, strange had a countermeasure.. while the two people who were with strange suffered. Warlock screwed with reality, and the two people were on the floor ... pip i think was one. So strange using something corrected it.

the mind gem created an illusion... and strange fixed that too.

So thats the gist. Adamn with gauntlet created a series of events that Strange "fixed". It was not that adam directly wished death upon strange, attacked him or anything like that... it was more like... look what i can do... well i can do that too... so if you read the entire ig collection like i did. Thanos quest, infinity gauntet, infinity war, infinity crusade, infinity abyss, and marvel the end. you'd know what i was talking about.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Horrificus
Loki takes it. Especially with prep.
I think "Bloodlusted" used with characters like these, is actually a negative thing that should count against them. These guys need their wits about them.
Anyway, Loki uses more than just his inherent magic. He also has access to other artifacts, ages of experience, and is far more cunning than Strange.
I thinkif he just goes up against Strange on the spur of the moment, Strange might be able to win a few. I think, if Loki works things out, Strange goes down hard.

What the f**k? are you are smoking. Dr. strange can call upon greater power than Loki has ever seen, Dr. Strange will beat Loki in long battle, Loki isn't that verstail. Strange calls the power of Cyttorak end of battle, strange can pull some much sh** out his ass it wouldn't be funny. Dr. Strange 9/10

rotiart
With Prep. No question it goes to strange..

but with no prep. Against current Strange.. you know.. that guy that was glowing when he came in at the end of the Avengers Disassembled series? the guy that summons eternity... and has knocked down galactus on his own power?

current strange wins 7/10... the strange that you know... did the following feats. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t367940.html

dr. strange's respect forum. its cwazy.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by the Darkone
What the f**k? are you are smoking. Dr. strange can call upon greater power than Loki has ever seen, Dr. Strange will beat Loki in long battle, Loki isn't that verstail. Strange calls the power of Cyttorak end of battle, strange can pull some much sh** out his ass it wouldn't be funny. Dr. Strange 9/10

Not that versatile? This is the man that destroyed and remade Asgard in his image. The same guy that resurrected Surtur, Mangog, Durok etc? The same character that commanded people who would give Strange a run for his money? The same character that has already killed Strange before?

Um think this fight is a little closererm

invisiblewoman
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Not that versatile? This is the man that destroyed and remade Asgard in his image. The same guy that resurrected Surtur, Mangog, Durok etc? The same character that commanded people who would give Strange a run for his money? The same character that has already killed Strange before?

Um think this fight is a little closererm I agree, loki doesn't always get the credit he really deserves

complexbrother
^^^ I agree

galan7777777
loki and strange both have impressive feats, but this fight would not be as easily won by strange as people think!

long pig

Are you serious? It's a mistake telling me about Strange and calling into question whether or not I've read his comics. Please.

First off, he DID hold off the I.G. He completely and totally negated it's every affect. He negated it's affect one more time in IG when he protected a few people from it's power.

Man, you sure don't know how to pick your fights, do ya?

once again where do you get your facts from ??? Strange has never beaten Dormammu only stailmated at best (even Strange has said that and it's in his offical marvel bio, 5000 years ? where in the hell did that come from ? he's powerful but c-mon man . *sheesh*
Jesus christ, man.
He's beaten him THREE TIMES. Once in the dark dimension, and twice on Earth.

No prep, no nothing. Just power.

And, I'm sure you don't know it but Strange is over 5000 years old. He's spent 80 or so years on Earth and spent 5000 years in a skyfather war.

By stats, feats and skill, Loki loses like he's lost to Strange before.

long pig
Originally posted by Soujaboy

Um think this fight is a little closererm
Loki did none of this on his own. Hell, you can't credit it to him anyways because it would have happened no matter what. Even if Loki was born a jerry's kid, his destiny was to do those things and he still would have.

long pig
Originally posted by galan7777777
loki and strange both have impressive feats, but this fight would not be as easily won by strange as people think!
It's not that close, really.

Dorammamu made Loki his ***** like none other...and it was a almost powerless Dormammu. Strange has beaten Dormammu at full power and has flat out humiliated Dormammu at low power.

When Galactus came to asgard, Loki fled. When Galactus went to Earth, Strange blasted a hole in his chest basically knocking him out and before that he mind ****ed Galactus nearly killing him.
Loki has basically lost to Strange in Strange's first couple appearances.
Loki, realizing how powerful Strange is, stole Strange's artifacts and such KNOWING it'd make himself invincible.

Loki is limited to Asgardian magic and he's not even the best at that. Strange isn't limited to any magic, hell, he's not limited to magic at all and he still IS the best at that in the entire universe.

long pig
Originally posted by long pig
It's not that close, really.

Dorammamu made Loki his ***** like none other...and it was a almost powerless Dormammu. Strange has beaten Dormammu at full power and has flat out humiliated Dormammu at low power.

When Galactus came to asgard, Loki fled. When Galactus went to Earth, Strange blasted a hole in his chest basically knocking him out and before that he mind ****ed Galactus nearly killing him.
Loki has basically lost to Strange in Strange's first couple appearances.
Loki, realizing how powerful Strange is, stole Strange's artifacts and such KNOWING it'd make himself invincible.

Loki is limited to Asgardian magic and he's not even the best at that. Strange isn't limited to any magic, hell, he's not limited to magic at all and he still IS the best at that in the entire universe.
Very convincing....

DarkSaint85
Damn, Galan.

Originally posted by Galan007
bump
bump
bump

Get the hint.

Galan007
Bumping threads was the cool thing to do 9 years ago. thumb up

long pig
Bumping threads was the cool thing to do 9 years ago. thumb up
It sure was.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.