Mugen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shorty G
Does anyone else play it, I just started yesterday and have got a few characters, but I want more, mostly heros like flash and stuff, and maybe Mortal Kombat and Street fighter, does anyone have links to any good ones that still work, or can they send over MSN please.

So who do you want to be out in the game next ?

If this has been made you can close it, sorry but it didn't come up in search.

MysteryRidah
No i use 2dfighter and if you want it, let me know. Its easy , much easy then mugen. And it provides better results smile

Kurosaki Ichigo
Can you send me the link to the game?

Shorty G
Originally posted by MysteryRidah
No i use 2dfighter and if you want it, let me know. Its easy , much easy then mugen. And it provides better results smile Yes please !!! eek!

JacopeX
I know how to get the game, its just that its sooooooooo confusing downloading stuff to it. I need a tutorial video of how to do it......someone please help me.....

S.G
Look for tutorials on youtube.

Fallin Angel
I've seen a couple of matches for this game on YouTube. I'm thinking about trying it but I don't know where to get it. So far I defiently want Ella ^_^

S.G
I don't know her.

Kayne Archeron
i'm surprised i don't have this game yet... oh wait, fighting games on the keyboard suck, and i don't have money for a PC controller right now

S.G
Actually theyre fine on the keyboard.

Broly_Reborn
let me break mugen down for yall

---------------------------------THE FOLLOWING IS FROM MUGEN FIGHTERS GUILD-

Quote from: MUGEN's readme.txt file by Elecbyte, slightly edited to remove a typo
MUGEN is a 2D fighting game engine, but you probably knew that already. MUGEN is also an acronym for something, but we forgot what it is. smile

We created MUGEN not only to make a fighting game, but also to let others create their own fighting games. You can control almost every aspect of the engine to suit your tastes. That's the primary goal of MUGEN. Since this is a work in progress, there are many things that it can and cannot do, but here's a short list of some of the things you can do...

- Customizable title screen, character select screen, life and power bars, game sound effects, fonts and more
- Characters can have any number of sounds and sprites of any size limited by your computer's memory
- Up to 12 different color schemes for each character
- Background music can be mp3, mod, midi or CD audio
- Supports keyboard, joystick and Playstation joypads (through the use of a converter).

Game Engine
- Use up to 6 buttons for a character (7 if you count the Start button)
- Regular moves/Special moves/Supers
- Projectiles
- Multiple air jumps
- Move cancel/2-in-1 or whatever you want to call it
- Multi-part moves/throws
- What your character can do is defined by how you build his state machine

Development of MUGEN by Elecbyte has apparently ceased. Nevertheless, it is still widely regarded as the best free 2D fighting game engine in existence. The lastest known beta versions were from 2002, for Linux and Windows. The outdated DOS version is from 2001.

Screenshots can be found throughout this topic, for example.

You should be aware that using any of these versions today is in direct conflict with the License Agreement:

Quote from: Linux/Windows MUGEN's License Agreement by Elecbyte in readme.txt
4. Agreement to this license grants you the right to use the MUGEN environment, version 2002.04.14, until and not beyond 12:01 AM (Greenwich Mean Time) on June 1, 2002. After this time, Elecbyte may, at its sole discretion, choose to offer, or not to offer, a new public license. If a new license is offered, its terms shall govern any continued use of the MUGEN 2002.04.14 beta. If no new license is offered, all use of the 2002.04.14 beta must cease.

5. Failure by Elecbyte to enforce any of the terms of this agreement shall not constitute forfeiture of Elecbyte's right to enforce said terms.

In other words: it is illegal to use MUGEN by now.

* 2002.04.14 for Linux can be downloaded from Random Select, for example.
* 2002.04.14 for Windows was a restricted secret beta and never officially released. After Elecbyte's disappearance a hacked and unlocked version of it has spread to become probably the main M.U.G.E.N version that is still used today. It has a made-up version number and a faked version date because of an initial nonsense hack by "Elecbyte1." Rouhei then further hacked this version to remove the restrictions, so don't let some 2003 date fool you, it is really just the hacked 2002.04.14 version without actual engine updates or improvements. Get this hacked WinMugen here.
* 2001.04.14 for DOS can be downloaded from Random Select, for example. Keep in mind that several standards have changed in the 2002 versions so that creations made for DOS MUGEN may not work at all or as intended in 2002 versions, and the other way round.

On the topic of Windows MUGEN and the acceptance of the hack, there is something I want to say. People usually give it as the commonly accepted answer to the question about justification, and indeed even the final version of the "History of WinMUGEN.txt" file included in Rouhei's download archive ended up saying as much, unfortunately:

Quote from: History of WinMUGEN.txt
This gave no other alternative than to forcibly allow all functions of the original WinMUGEN, which runs faster and optimally on new-generation computers.

This is no excuse. It means: No other alternative (whether there was really no other is another question) to ensure the continued long-term existence of a MUGEN community. That is still no excuse.

"We needed the hack because the MUGEN community probably needed it to exist for a few more years" is leaving something out, unsaid. Something important. Because there is absolutely no need for a continued existence of a MUGEN community. We might want that, but that does not make it any more of a reason or excuse and justification for breaking license agreements.

It makes it more honest, though. The hack was accepted not because it was necessary and necessity made us do it, because we had to. It's similar to people still using MUGEN despite the License Agreement. Ultimately, we just wanted to. And there is no excuse.

Of course, from that point of view there rarely is. Just sayin'. Don't just rationalize it away. As author of the original draft of "History of WinMUGEN.txt" and one of the main influences behind the acceptance of the hack I feel like I have to say something about it every now and then.

Have to? Woah!?

there are several sites for mugen

but since it wont let me post them yet. yall will have to wait..or go check out the M.U.G.E.N fighters guild

SainoX
yep mugen rules it first it's a bit hard but i have been playing for like a couple of years and the creators are getting better and better.

i got 600+ charz so if you want sum holla at ya boy!

DarkC
Best partners I've found so far in Team Arcade are Ryu and Super Mario.

JacopeX
I played arcade team mode with my cousin. I was Evil Ryu and he was Broli. We pwned everyone. big grin

I have the EVE screenpack but still have problems downloading some characters.

Violent2Dope
I'll tell ya'll one thing right now, the cheapest character without a doubt id SSJ5 Goku. I never thot Broly could get beaten so bad.

BlaxicanHydra
I downloaded thsi recently, but don't know how to make it work. It's all in ZIP form.

ThoraxeRMG
*Pulls out jacket flap*
I got the rarest Mugen chars, like God Orochi.
Who wants? big grin

Yoshi Fanatic
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
I downloaded thsi recently, but don't know how to make it work. It's all in ZIP form.

You have to extract the files from the ZIP archive to a folder. Then you can extract the files from the "setup" application to the same folder. If you're still confused, just check the tutorials on Youtube.

Do any of you all have the following characters?

1. Cyber Shredder
2. Tails by Ssonic
3. Kamek the Magikoopa
4. Yoshi (I've seen a screenshot of him in action)
5. Cloud Strife

JacopeX
I have found God Sakura. Took awhile though. big grin

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by S.G
Does anyone else play it, I just started yesterday and have got a few characters, but I want more, mostly heros like flash and stuff, and maybe Mortal Kombat and Street fighter, does anyone have links to any good ones that still work, or can they send over MSN please.

So who do you want to be out in the game next ?

If this has been made you can close it, sorry but it didn't come up in search. Originally posted by Broly_Reborn
let me break mugen down for yall

---------------------------------THE FOLLOWING IS FROM MUGEN FIGHTERS GUILD-

Quote from: MUGEN's readme.txt file by Elecbyte, slightly edited to remove a typo
MUGEN is a 2D fighting game engine, but you probably knew that already. MUGEN is also an acronym for something, but we forgot what it is. smile

We created MUGEN not only to make a fighting game, but also to let others create their own fighting games. You can control almost every aspect of the engine to suit your tastes. That's the primary goal of MUGEN. Since this is a work in progress, there are many things that it can and cannot do, but here's a short list of some of the things you can do...

- Customizable title screen, character select screen, life and power bars, game sound effects, fonts and more
- Characters can have any number of sounds and sprites of any size limited by your computer's memory
- Up to 12 different color schemes for each character
- Background music can be mp3, mod, midi or CD audio
- Supports keyboard, joystick and Playstation joypads (through the use of a converter).

Game Engine
- Use up to 6 buttons for a character (7 if you count the Start button)
- Regular moves/Special moves/Supers
- Projectiles
- Multiple air jumps
- Move cancel/2-in-1 or whatever you want to call it
- Multi-part moves/throws
- What your character can do is defined by how you build his state machine

Development of MUGEN by Elecbyte has apparently ceased. Nevertheless, it is still widely regarded as the best free 2D fighting game engine in existence. The lastest known beta versions were from 2002, for Linux and Windows. The outdated DOS version is from 2001.

Screenshots can be found throughout this topic, for example.

You should be aware that using any of these versions today is in direct conflict with the License Agreement:

Quote from: Linux/Windows MUGEN's License Agreement by Elecbyte in readme.txt
4. Agreement to this license grants you the right to use the MUGEN environment, version 2002.04.14, until and not beyond 12:01 AM (Greenwich Mean Time) on June 1, 2002. After this time, Elecbyte may, at its sole discretion, choose to offer, or not to offer, a new public license. If a new license is offered, its terms shall govern any continued use of the MUGEN 2002.04.14 beta. If no new license is offered, all use of the 2002.04.14 beta must cease.

5. Failure by Elecbyte to enforce any of the terms of this agreement shall not constitute forfeiture of Elecbyte's right to enforce said terms.

In other words: it is illegal to use MUGEN by now.

* 2002.04.14 for Linux can be downloaded from Random Select, for example.
* 2002.04.14 for Windows was a restricted secret beta and never officially released. After Elecbyte's disappearance a hacked and unlocked version of it has spread to become probably the main M.U.G.E.N version that is still used today. It has a made-up version number and a faked version date because of an initial nonsense hack by "Elecbyte1." Rouhei then further hacked this version to remove the restrictions, so don't let some 2003 date fool you, it is really just the hacked 2002.04.14 version without actual engine updates or improvements. Get this hacked WinMugen here.
* 2001.04.14 for DOS can be downloaded from Random Select, for example. Keep in mind that several standards have changed in the 2002 versions so that creations made for DOS MUGEN may not work at all or as intended in 2002 versions, and the other way round.

On the topic of Windows MUGEN and the acceptance of the hack, there is something I want to say. People usually give it as the commonly accepted answer to the question about justification, and indeed even the final version of the "History of WinMUGEN.txt" file included in Rouhei's download archive ended up saying as much, unfortunately:

Quote from: History of WinMUGEN.txt
This gave no other alternative than to forcibly allow all functions of the original WinMUGEN, which runs faster and optimally on new-generation computers.

This is no excuse. It means: No other alternative (whether there was really no other is another question) to ensure the continued long-term existence of a MUGEN community. That is still no excuse.

"We needed the hack because the MUGEN community probably needed it to exist for a few more years" is leaving something out, unsaid. Something important. Because there is absolutely no need for a continued existence of a MUGEN community. We might want that, but that does not make it any more of a reason or excuse and justification for breaking license agreements.

It makes it more honest, though. The hack was accepted not because it was necessary and necessity made us do it, because we had to. It's similar to people still using MUGEN despite the License Agreement. Ultimately, we just wanted to. And there is no excuse.

Of course, from that point of view there rarely is. Just sayin'. Don't just rationalize it away. As author of the original draft of "History of WinMUGEN.txt" and one of the main influences behind the acceptance of the hack I feel like I have to say something about it every now and then.

Have to? Woah!?

there are several sites for mugen

but since it wont let me post them yet. yall will have to wait..or go check out the M.U.G.E.N fighters guild Originally posted by DarkC
Best partners I've found so far in Team Arcade are Ryu and Super Mario. Originally posted by JacopeX
I played arcade team mode with my cousin. I was Evil Ryu and he was Broli. We pwned everyone. big grin

I have the EVE screenpack but still have problems downloading some characters. Originally posted by Violent2Dope
I'll tell ya'll one thing right now, the cheapest character without a doubt id SSJ5 Goku. I never thot Broly could get beaten so bad. Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
*Pulls out jacket flap*
I got the rarest Mugen chars, like God Orochi.
Who wants? big grin Originally posted by JacopeX
I have found God Sakura. Took awhile though. big grin WTF KIND OF GAME IS THIS?! hysterical

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by Guilty Gear
WTF KIND OF GAME IS THIS?! hysterical

MUGEN is basically the game engine that was used to make Street Fighter 2, I think. When you download MUGEN you can make characters and upload them, or download characters from nearly any 2-D fighting game. You can also make your own stages.

These are things that you can do with MUGEN:

ZTA6a4fOgqs

ZVeejfzna08

JH4TGPNRfiQ

BlaxicanHydra
Okay, I've now succesfulyl installed MUGEN, but now I dunno how to get new characters on there. I've looked at several different tut's on Youtube but I'm still confused.

BlaxicanHydra
Nevermind, I figured out how.

Just got Spiderman, woot!

Guilty Gear
MUGEN is basically the game engine that was used to make Street Fighter 2, I think. When you download MUGEN you can make characters and upload them, or download characters from nearly any 2-D fighting game. You can also make your own stages.

These are things that you can do with MUGEN:

ZTA6a4fOgqs

ZVeejfzna08

JH4TGPNRfiQ LOL

It's alright...but it seems so...broken...

And, leaving my house? 131

BlaxicanHydra
Broken? Neg. I've been playing it for a about na hour now. It runs smoothly as far as 2-D games go. It plays kind of like Marvel vs. Capcom.

And yes, I was playing KH:II at your house but you didn't want me playing anymore sad

So I'm on my way out.

SaTsuJiN
I think by broken he means imbalanced...

I had mugen with the 150 chars / 200 stages... but it crashed like every 3 minutes lol

BlaxicanHydra
Oh yeah it's incredible imbalanced.

Chun-Li can get a new special every few seconds, and each one takes away half your health. Also, she has infinite juggles.

Guilty Gear
That's what I meant by broken 131

BlaxicanHydra
Well, the guy who made her said that he made her that strong because her AI sucked ass. So.. dunno.

SaTsuJiN
I really liked the 'evil ryu, ken, etc.' thing they have going though.. they were highly combo-able and their super moves were just the right amount of crazy... I'd like to play a mugen based on all the evil incarnations of characters

CbfzkK3Pfjw

BlaxicanHydra
Orochi... dominated. Wow.

And yeah I have Evil Ryu and wifebeater Ken. They're fun. Ryu is godly fast too.

Guilty Gear
Orochi rocks.

Though, after watching similar videos to that one I've come to realize why 2D characters are overrated in versus. All those flashy animations and quick executions typically make 2D characters look a lot more powerful then they really are.

BlaxicanHydra
Indeedy. Before I knew more about 3-D fighters I always thought Street Fighter was the best. I mean, look at that video and then compare it to a Tekken fight. It's boring, and slow in comparison.

Guilty Gear
Yes, I mean if we were to discuss Bryan Fury from Tekken 3 versus Guile from Street Fighter Alpha or MVC, Guile would seem a lot stronger. Characters in those games are portrayed as big and very muscular, and their attacks seem as if they could annihilate anything. Though in actuality, Bryan would subdue Guile with hardly any effort.

JacopeX
I have 200 characters. I runs just fine. wink

BlaxicanHydra
uLpMIYarF0Y

Vs.

n6V5hRzwKsg

JacopeX
I choose Mugen please. smile

Guilty Gear
I'd much rather play the second game. Looks a lot more balanced.

Now think if that really was made into a 2D game. It would look exactly if not virtually the same as the first video you posted. That's what Namco's 2D fighting games would look like. I think Namco X Capcom is a prime example of that. It features characters made by both Namco and Capcom, but it was still produced by Namco.ZWqLu9tsMsA

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
I'll tell ya'll one thing right now, the cheapest character without a doubt id SSJ5 Goku. I never thot Broly could get beaten so bad.

I think Final Bout SSJ4 goku was the cheapest (he's 3d turned into a 2d sprite)

you can hit them before the dude says "fight".. and if you time it right you can make his slide kick infinite and it just rapes them to death... but if you get stuck in the corner hitting nothing you have to reset lol

the 3rd strike chars on this vid have some nice special effect sprites
U61RwKGHVg8

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I think Final Bout SSJ4 goku was the cheapest (he's 3d turned into a 2d sprite)

you can hit them before the dude says "fight".. and if you time it right you can make his slide kick infinite and it just rapes them to death... but if you get stuck in the corner hitting nothing you have to reset lol laughing out loud laughing Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing eek!
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
the 3rd strike chars on this vid have some nice special effect spritesU61RwKGHVg8no expression

BlaxicanHydra
Paul Pheonix and balanced in the same sentence? laughing

The characters look like they're in chibi form, though erm

Guilty Gear
I don't see how he isn't balanced.

I think that's kind of cool.

Yoshi Fanatic
In my mugen game, I only have video game characters you wouldn't find in normal 2D fighting games, such as Sonic, Wario, and Metaknight.

Guilty Gear
Do you have Popeye? 131

BlaxicanHydra
I don't see how he isn't balanced.

I think that's kind of cool.

Paul's the Raphael of Ken of Tekken.

And the game looks cool, but the sprites need not be so chibi'ish. It diminishes the badass'ery of the characters.

Guilty Gear
Paul's the Raphael of Ken of Tekken.Lol, and they all look alike (if Paul and Raphael's hair are Ken-style which they can be in their games stick out tongue)
And the game looks cool, but the sprites need not be so chibi'ish. It diminishes the badass'ery of the characters. I don't think it's that chibiish. Their heads just seem slightly bigger than what they normally should be.

BlaxicanHydra
Look at there size...

Guilty Gear
They're all captured on screen from a distance...and with their larger heads their bodies seem smaller than they should be.

BlaxicanHydra
is that game ever going to come out to the US?

EDIT: Ona side note Evil Ryu= Most rigged character in the world .I made an all Comp fight of Chun-Li, raging hormone Ken and regular Ryu vs. evil Ryu and he stomped them all in seconds...

Guilty Gear
is that game ever going to come out to the US?No. weep

BlaxicanHydra
harhar. Then Street Fighter shall stay on top of the VS. forumz!!!

BlaxicanHomo. I like it. Cute.

no expression

Guilty Gear
Was running short on characters. Instead of putting "out of" I typed "outta". Even still I had exceeded that character limit by 1. "Homo" had 1 less character than "Hydra".

BlaxicanHydra
ya huh... sure. You just wanted an excuse to call me names sad

Guilty Gear
I tried it. It wasn't showing the entire word "house". It left out the 'e'.

What was I supposed to do?

Guilty Gear
I'm so glad that this thread was made.

Juggernaut Hates PokemonajTmz0eAn9kcrylaugh

BlaxicanHydra
laughing

I just got Jugg's this morning.

JacopeX
Juggernaut was the first char I downloaded. big grin

BlaxicanHydra
Jacope do you have Holy Ken and Angel Ryu?

JacopeX
I have Angel ryu. smile

Holy Ken, not.

But I do have God Sakura. big grin

BlaxicanHydra
HAHAHA. I possess Holy Ken.

He's my favorite so far.

JacopeX
Damn you. cry

Still, I bet I'd kick your ass with Angel Ryu! big grin

But Evil Ryu I am much better with. wink

BlaxicanHydra
Neg. I have too different forms of Evil Ryu. I have the version I think your talking about, and one whose specials take away 75% of your health, and his AI is perfect.

SaTsuJiN
X-Terry Ex is pretty good too... at least I think thats what he's called

BlaxicanHydra
Yeah I think those are liek the devil forms. The super good version I have of evil Ryu os XevilRyux or something like that. Wiked AI.

BlaxicanHydra
4G-P9vWm6FM&NR=1

Guilty Gear
4G-P9vWm6FM&NR=1

131 laughing out loud

BlaxicanHydra
harhar, Penis. You should downlaod it, man. I know your in to that fudge packer shit.

Guilty Gear
That'd be so frustrating to play.

Guilty Gear
No seriously, there's a character in that game that instantly KO's opponents by reading a line from a book. That's just priceless.

SteelEagle
Yeah, some guy from Death Note or something like that.....lol

Guilty Gear
His name is Light. I like the death cry of that one dude in red clothes. lmao.

DarkC
Scorpion is about the cheapest character in MUGEN as I have ever seen.

JacopeX
Every MK char is cheap. They take most of your life away. I always have to download them from MKmugen.com or something like that.

Does anyone where I can get MK characters that wont take most of your life away? smile

Guilty Gear
Light is a very balanced character.

Guilty Gear
Can someone tell me of a good place where I can get mugen characters? I think they have to be .def files and most of the ones on randomselect are not that kind of file...

JacopeX
Can someone tell me of a good place where I can get mugen characters? I think they have to be .def files and most of the ones on randomselect are not that kind of file... http://www.nolaviet.com/dbz/

http://www.maximummugen.hpg.ig.com.br/index.html

http://gcnmario.free.fr/mugen/characters.html

http://www.angelfire.com/freak2/dwloft/mugenhaves.html

http://www.mugenation.com/index.php/cat=chars/sez=56

http://www.ineffabile.it/games/Mugen/capcom.htm

http://www.randomselect.i-xcell.com/menu.htm

http://mugen_time213.tripod.com/MugenTime/id20.html

www.mugen-infantry.net

www.mugenfury.com

www.mugenguild.com

http://groups.msn.com/MarvelMugen/characters.msnw

DarkC
Originally posted by JacopeX
Every MK char is cheap. They take most of your life away. I always have to download them from MKmugen.com or something like that.

Does anyone where I can get MK characters that wont take most of your life away? smile
I meant in terms of their skills and abilites. They're scaled so that their moves take away about the same percentage as in an actual MK game.

I got Scorpion off of Random Select, the AI that they implemented into their MK is really hard, not insane, just hard. Noob, Ermac, and Tremor are insane.

I'm pretty much expert at Scorpion right now, he's the only person that I can beat Ryu with.

BlaxicanHydra
laughing noob.

Holy ken FTW! I'm best with him. I can pwn everyone I have so far except for Evil Ryu (The version I have has an insnae AI)

Yoshi Fanatic
Could somebody tell me where to download Cyber Shredder? I also would like to find the Battletoads. I already have one of them...

Guilty Gear
http://www.nolaviet.com/dbz/

http://www.maximummugen.hpg.ig.com.br/index.html

http://gcnmario.free.fr/mugen/characters.html

http://www.angelfire.com/freak2/dwloft/mugenhaves.html

http://www.mugenation.com/index.php/cat=chars/sez=56

http://www.ineffabile.it/games/Mugen/capcom.htm

http://www.randomselect.i-xcell.com/menu.htm

http://mugen_time213.tripod.com/MugenTime/id20.html

www.mugen-infantry.net

www.mugenfury.com

www.mugenguild.com

http://groups.msn.com/MarvelMugen/characters.msnw Do any of the downloads in those sites have a DEF file? I found none.

JacopeX
Do any of the downloads in those sites have a DEF file? I found none. I use DEF files in all of them. I have a feeling you are doing something wrong in the notepad title thing.

BlaxicanHydra
Too many of the links in some of thsoe sites you listed take em to sites in SPanish. Despite being Mexican, I can't really understand Spanish.

DarkC
When I opened up the first .def file all of them showed up as Notepad icons. They should still be in there.

BlaxicanHydra
Right. When you download the ZIP fiel you have to extract it first, then simply drag and drop the folder in to the Character folder. That's all you need to do.

DarkC
Also make sure that the name of the folder that the DEF file for the particular fighter matches the name of the DEF file itself. Do the same thing for the SELECT file, everything has to match.

Superherovandal
For some reason on my mugen all of the characters attacks have gotten weaker and i did nothing to the health percentage. is there a way to fix that?

Guilty Gear
I downloaded an SFA Ryu folder and there was no .def file...I couldn't extract files from it either because it said "There's no files to extract"

So, if someone could please directly link me to a page where I could get some nice character downloads (not one that links me to another site of some language I don't understand) that would be nice.

ThoraxeRMG
http://www.freewebs.com/thoraxermg/mugenchars.htm
There you go Gear.

DarkC
I downloaded an SFA Ryu folder and there was no .def file...I couldn't extract files from it either because it said "There's no files to extract"

So, if someone could please directly link me to a page where I could get some nice character downloads (not one that links me to another site of some language I don't understand) that would be nice.
http://randomselect.i-xcell.com/

Click on Hosted Creations, then Characters.

Every character I downloaded from there works.

Guilty Gear
Damn...the computer that I'm on right now downloads them as music files that I can't open up...I'll have to try my other computer. Thanks guys.

Yoshi Fanatic
Originally posted by DarkC
http://randomselect.i-xcell.com/

Click on Hosted Creations, then Characters.

Every character I downloaded from there works.

All of the characters on Random Select works because they are hosted on that site. Any characters that are hosted on a site would always be available for download.

Guilty Gear
My computer downloads the files from those two sites as music files, wtf...and on randomselect there's an image of Rugal and some other guy standing face to face with Lost Cathedral in the background. Awesome.

From http://gcnmario.free.fr/mugen/characters.html I was able to download the ZIP folders but none of them fave a .DEF file, which I think is necessary to install the characters in mugen.

DarkC
My computer downloads the files from those two sites as music files, wtf...and on randomselect there's an image of Rugal and some other guy standing face to face with Lost Cathedral in the background. Awesome.

From http://gcnmario.free.fr/mugen/characters.html I was able to download the ZIP folders but none of them fave a .DEF file, which I think is necessary to install the characters in mugen.
I just downloaded a version of the Master Hand from SSBM from there and it has a def file. Have to look more carefully and make sure the name of the DEF file matches the name of the folder it's in.

ThoraxeRMG
I found some guy's hidden mugen char stash. And it's full of 'em.
http://hosted.filefront.com/DarkenSlayer/1912269

And another char stash.
http://briefcase.yahoo.co.jp/bc/chinya1988/lst?.dir=/5bab&.order=&.view=l&.src=bc&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.co.jp/

BlaxicanHydra
I don't speak Japanese no expression

ThoraxeRMG
Dame desu! Usso!!!

JacopeX
Usually when I got to a site that speaks a different language from English, Spanish, italian, I never had a problem finding the Chars, stages, screenpacks, etc.

shin_gear
I finally installed a Mugen character. I got Ryu.

Blax_Hydralisk
About time.

I'm up to about 50 people now 13

shin_gear
I've just become a total Ryu fanboy. You can't convince me that Galactus would beat him.

Blax_Hydralisk
Galactus WOULDN'T beat him, so the point is moot.

shin_gear
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
eat him,

shin_gear
Does anyone have God Rugal or know what I can find the character file?

MadMel
hey ive just started playing this big grin
I have 200 characters. I runs just fine. wink
gimme !!!!
please?

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by shin_gear
Does anyone have God Rugal or know what I can find the character file?

Go to here , make an account and request it in the request section.

shin_gear
I've got him already, and downloaded some stages and used my favorite mp3s on them. God Rugal is the most kickass character I downloaded yet.

Blax, every time I see you I think of Halo 3. Damn it!

MadMel
proof that homer couldn't just take rox howard...he could take a group of rox howards laughing out loud
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKyl2wlisNo&mode=related&search=

shin_gear
Originally posted by MadMel
proof that homer couldn't just take rox howard...he could take a group of rox howards laughing out loud
eKyl2wlisNo rofl2

shin_gear
Does anyone know of an arena type stage for Mugen (Mujin rofl2)?

And is there a way I can tone down the volume of the character voices?

Fire Ninja
Somebody post an omega tom hanks vid.

shin_gear
Where can I find movelists for Mugen characters?

Blax_Hydralisk
In the Readme.

shin_gear
Crap...there's only one in the Ryu folder. It didn't come with the God Rugal folder..sad

shin_gear
How can I lower that voice volume of the characters? They're so much louder than the stage mp3s!

shin_gear
The Dante beta file is pretty retarded.

Why do I often type 'that' than 'the'...I make that mistake way too much.

shin_gear
Originally posted by shin_gear
How can I lower that voice volume of the characters? They're so much louder than the stage mp3s!

Blax_Hydralisk
It's in there character CNF I think. or whatever. CFN? Something like that.

shin_gear
Aren't there several CNF files that are so long? Has anyone here tried decreasing the voices volume on their mugen?

And shit, it should've been an option in the options menu,

shin_gear
Mugen! Evil Ryu! Voice Volumes! Plulz!

shin_gear
weep

MadMel
laughing out loud

shin_gear
Bah.

shin_gear
Mugen's a load of crap. I can't even do this one move for a character unless I've picked his green colored uniform. What the f**k?

Sol Valentine
My friends have it, and everyday at lunch they talk about how many characters they have and who they're gonna download, they sound so ignorant. And the MUGEN gameplay is horrible!

Thye put Naruto characters on who's true abilities haven't even been shown yet, like Tobi.

Horrible.

shin_gear
Mugen's a load bullcrap. I lower voice volume for one character and now hits don't make any noise at all. Mugen's a F*CKING load of crap.

Excuse me.

shin_gear
So, what the "start" button on the keyboard? Knowing so will allow me to use Evil Ryu.

Venomous Yoshi
The "start" button on the keyboard is the "Enter/Return" button.

shin_gear
Thanks.

Edit: Mugen would've been a lot better as a choice on a food menu.

shin_gear
Orochi Iori is on the most serious steroids in existence.

shin_gear
So um...why aren't more than 10 characters appearing on the menu despite after having installed 17 new ones?

Sol Valentine
It happened to me.

I think some character boxes are merged with others.

shin_gear
I was told I had to buy a screen pack...wtf...just make more boxes appear you damn piece of shit.

Sol Valentine
Hey, I was using my friend's MUGEN, and I was in one character box and there was Superman and Shin Akuma in it.

Venomous Yoshi
The only characters I have on my Mugen game are Sega, Nintendo, Namco, etc.

I don't have any fighters from Marvel, Capcom, and SNK.

Ozone
Originally posted by Venomous Yoshi
The only characters I have on my Mugen game are from Sega, Nintendo, Namco, etc.

That's cool.

shin_gear
What Namco characters? 313

And can someone tell me where I can download a f.ucking screen pack? yes

Blax_Hydralisk
mugen infantry, mugen archive. Google. Not that hard.

Ozone
Seriously, it isn't that hard.

shin_gear
K...googled it but doesn't each pack have a limited amount of boxes for characters? Does anyone know packs that have a huge selection of boxes if that case is true?

And I thought characters in Mugen fight 100% exactly like the characters from the games. weep

Jin Kazama slides towards his opponents like a statue. cry

Blax_Hydralisk
EVE has like 600

shin_gear
SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FVCK 313 (MC style)

I'm going to download the DOA screen pack. Does someone know how I can record battles into video files I can upload on youtube? I SO want to know.

shin_gear
So uh, am I supposed to do something to make characters appear on my new screen pack? Because they're not appearing, and you call this shit easy? What the f**k? It surely isn't according to some tutorials.

shin_gear
Damn, I meant it is according to some tutorials, though it actually isn't. I'm told to put a folder called font from the screenpack folder into the Mugen folder, but I haven't seen a font folder in two of the screenpacks I downloaded. srsly

Fvck this shit in the ass.

shin_gear
It seems that just about everywhere I go to download Mugen content I see ???????? for each description of everything. What the f**k?

shin_gear
Meh...and what's with Mugen being so buggy anyway. 50% of the time it plays my mp3s. erm

6 posts in a row, wtf.

shin_gear
Well this would be the 6th, actually. messed

Kind of sucks the CvS screen pack doesn't have many battles in Team Arcade. There's just one battle in that mode. What the f**k?

shin_gear
over

Blax_Hydralisk
Still sucking ass in the MUGEN world... ?

Venomous Yoshi
Of course he is.

shin_gear
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Still sucking ass in the MUGEN world... ? Just have a few questions for you I'd like to ask on MSN kthnx.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>