Making deals with the devil...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

katelovespirate

lovethemtigers
Me too...I like the fact that he was trying to seduce her....he was trying to get her to come over to his side so he could have her...he is a pirate after all....Love Jack Sparrow....DMC was definitely all about JACK> tha's why I loved it so much...

willofthewisp
It's not really piracy to sacrifice something to save your child, is it? I agree with all the rest, but this is Gov. Swann's daughter we're talking about. She's all he has and I bet he loves her more than anything. I don't have kids yet, but I just think a truly good parent would be willing to sacrifice just about anything, including their honor, to save their child.

willofthewisp
Just another thought. If the second movie's theme was that anyone can be corrupted, there is a good chance that the third movie's theme will be that anyone can be redeemed. Barbosa already has an opportunity to be redeemed. We'll see what happens to the others, too.

LovelyOne
I've been saying for weeks that he has seduced her because he loves her..I'm going to stick by it and call it love..people dont put their own lives on the line and and blow up krakens all in the name of sex.. they do it because they want to protect the person they love...thats why she freaked out at the end lol..he won her heart over.."quite literally" Davy's heart resembles hers..

It does get kidnapped by norrington though because of jack..He foolishly misplaces it..

davy also gets the key to the heart at the end..but the chest is empty so he hasn't gained the heart..I think that we are going to be tricked into thinking that Liz is calypso in movie 3 and so is Davy and when he thinks he has her back we are gonna find out that its NOT Liz..and its infact Tia.

This is what makes me think Jack has definatly won her..he won the heart fair and square..he got the key he protected the chest from the baddie and gained the heart because of it..Just like Jack became the key to her heart, killed the kraken for Liz..and won her over..

willofthewisp
Wonderfully said, LovelyOne. I think people are missing the point if they think there is only playful sex banter going on between Liz and Jack. Whether or not it's love or just close to it, it's definitely a special relationship.

LovelyOne
Exactly^^ and thanks lol..They share more heat than Will/Liz thats for sure..otherwise Will wouldn't have lost the key to Jack laughing out loud ..Will isn't worthy enough to have that key because he's put Liz in the backseat of his life whilst he takes care of his dad..thats why he doesn't win the chest or the heart..Norrington gains the heart in an unworthy way..he kidnaps it..he's not worthy of it..

jack wants it for is to save himself..and GUESS what he totally redeems himself for Liz once he realises he loves her..she saved him as a man..

willofthewisp
I hope she gets a chance to really come through for him. While she is tough and has saved Will several times and inserted herself between Norrington and Jack, she hasn't physically saved him like he has saved her or they both have saved Will. Being peas in a pod as they are, it would only make sense that she will come through for him.

LovelyOne
I feel that she has saved him in the best way possible..Jack is pretty capable of saving himself when he needs to but she saved him in a way that he couldn't have possibly done without her...She saved his honor and dignity because he went back for her..

but she tries to make him die a coward because she's desperate at the moment for him not to love her...he's having none of it..he STILL escapes and wants to kill that bloody kraken for her..I cant wait for her to find out that he did it.

willofthewisp
Don't get me wrong, I agree with everything you said. I just want her to physically save his life in this next one. She is the one who, for lack of a better word, deserves to save him the most since they have a special relationship. Plus I like her better when she's pulling her own weight. I get really tired of everyone out there to save her when she usually escapes or at least attempts escape on her own.

LovelyOne
LOl yeh just to prove that she loves him laughing out loud..Jack actually lets her handle herself but when she needs it the most he is there..He was there for her like that since the beginning of movie 1. big grin

Yeh I really want to see her put her life on the line in a time of danger to save him....that might be the moment wher she chooses Jack instead of Will...and Will becomes all tempted to be Davy..but I doubt he actually will.

CaptinJackLover
I dont think that Will will end up like Davy if Liz chooses Jack. He will be heart broken and depressed, but he wont do what Davy did. Or maybe he will realize it wasnt meant to be and move on. O i just thought of something. We dont know who the dragon lady is yet so maybe Will falls in love with her! lol sry just a thought although not likely to happen. big grin

LovelyOne
He will probably almost do it..but his dad will save him from it..Just like he saved will froma horrible destiny 3 times in movie 2..

CaptinJackLover
yeah but i still dont think he would do that. If you want to be realistic, we wouldnt liev through that like Davy did. He would just be killing himself if he took his heart out. and if he did kill himself, Liz would be terribly depressed knowing she was the reason. Because she does still care for him, just not in the same way. So it wouldnt be a very happy ending, even if his dad did stop him. He wouldnt be happy. Liz would feel horrible. Jack would feel horrible for being the reason everyone feels horrible. So in the end, everyone would feel horrible. See, now if thye dont do the whole thing of Will doing what Davy did, then things will end on a much happier note.

lovethemtigers
Girls, I agree...I think at first it starts off as playful banter but then as it goes on Jack realizes its different with Liz....That's why I say I love the serious Jack at the end...from the longboat scene to his return when he fires the rifle to the part where he says "it's only a ship mate." to "We're not free yet, love" look at Jack's face - he is so serious...at do believe at this point he has realized that it's more than casual flirting with Liz - he wants Liz for himself...and then once she chains him to the mast he realizes that he has won her - she has come over to his side...that it is possible that he could have her - so that's why he faces the Kracken - so bravely - he's going to survive this and fight his way back to Liz and fight for her - I think Jack - though - will tease Liz in the next movie, play around with her emotions so he can tell if she really is willing to give up Will for him....we shall see I guess....This looks like love, not lust

CaptinJackLover
Yeah it definatley is LOVE and i think ryour so right about Jack coming back and teasing her a little. If he didnt then he wouldnt be himslef. Its such a "Captain Jack Sparrow" thing to do. And i think she will catch on to what he is doing though. She knwo s who he is. And she will probably tease him back. Thats their way of flirting.

katelovespirate
lovethemtigers in your siggy you can totally see Liz's wierd hickie on her neck. LOL.

Good points all around.
I DO still think Gov Swann was making a "deal with the devil" though i applaud him for it... you should always be willing to sacrifice for your family, ya know? but i still have to call it what it is. hehehe.

I hope i didnt give the impression that the jack/liz relationship is just sexual/physical banter. I think they have an incredibly special bond of how alike they are and what they've been through together and how they understand each other, which i think is beautiful, imperfect, unique, and the most interesting relationship in the story. I mean we all know Disney intended the first story to be ABOUT the lovers, with a pirate rogue thrown in to cause mischief, but Jack stole the film and the franchise and no one really cares about the lovers any more. It makes me think sometimes they put the Liz/Jack stuff in to try and cause tension for all the fans who wanted liz/will to get together, but didnt realize it would just make everyone want liz/jack to get together. I hope they know what they made happen, and film the next one accordingly. wink

katelovespirate
sorry i forgot to add,
i also totally love the idea of the next one being all about redemption. I support that! smile

LovelyOne
Originally posted by CaptinJackLover
yeah but i still dont think he would do that. If you want to be realistic, we wouldnt liev through that like Davy did. He would just be killing himself if he took his heart out. and if he did kill himself, Liz would be terribly depressed knowing she was the reason. Because she does still care for him, just not in the same way. So it wouldnt be a very happy ending, even if his dad did stop him. He wouldnt be happy. Liz would feel horrible. Jack would feel horrible for being the reason everyone feels horrible. So in the end, everyone would feel horrible. See, now if thye dont do the whole thing of Will doing what Davy did, then things will end on a much happier note.

he probably would be happy if his dad stopped him..it means he still has someone in his life that he can love...and he wanted his dad to be in his life since before he even met Liz...people seem to forget that...His dad is what is most important to him now..subconsciously he always has been whats more important to him. Liz has taken a backseat in his life

Same goes for Liz..subconsciously its always been a pirate life/pirate that is more important to her..Will has now taken a backseat in her life

Jack has always subconsciously wanted one person to love him...Material possessions are now less important to him than they once were..See with Jack love cant be shown as a physical thing on screen its an emotion..thats why the compass was there..to show that his heart wants it from Liz.

With Will its obvious that its his dad he cares for most its right there on screen.

Liz its to have a pirate..its right there on screen

but wanting love most..that cant be shown so they use the compass to show it.. Jack is after a heart but its not really Davy's chest that he's after...he's subconciously after Liz..who resembles the chest in the movie..the REAL chest that Jack is after...its the one his heart wants most..he just doesnt think that it should be the most important thing in the movie..until the end when he decides that it is..

CaptinJackLover
yes, i agree with you katelovespirate. I think Disney just wanted to play with the WIll/Liz supporters minds and just make it SEEM like the Jack/Liz relationship was going to happen. But they completelky screwed it up and Now has practicvally everyone thinking Jack and Liz will last. Which i am sure they will. Or they wnat us to think the only reason there is a Jack/liz relationship is too keep us a from thinking the Will/Liz relationship is going to happen so that Liz and Jack ending up together will surprise to us! does that make sense? big grin

CaptinJackLover
Originally posted by LovelyOne
he probably would be happy if his dad stopped him..it means he still has someone in his life that he can love...and he wanted his dad to be in his life since before he even met Liz...people seem to forget that...His dad is what is most important to him now..subconsciously he always has been whats more important to him. Liz has taken a backseat in his life

Same goes for Liz..subconsciously its always been a pirate life/pirate that is more important to her..Will has now taken a backseat in her life

Jack has always subconsciously wanted one person to love him...Material possessions are now less important to him than they once were..See with Jack love cant be shown as a physical thing on screen its an emotion..thats why the compass was there..to show that his heart wants it from Liz.

With Will its obvious that its his dad he cares for most its right there on screen.

Liz its to have a pirate..its right there on screen

but wanting love most..that cant be shown so they use the compass to show it.. Jack is after a heart but its not really Davy's chest that he's after...he's subconciously after Liz..who resembles the chest in the movie..the REAL chest that Jack is after...its the one his heart wants most..he just doesnt think that it should be the most important thing in the movie..until the end when he decides that it is..

yeah your right...i agreee

gish you are right A LOT! itys hard to argue with oyu. you always win

LovelyOne
LOL^^ I'm very persistant with my views laughing out loud
Disney know exactly what they are doing I think..

The script writers for PotC have said that when writing a screenplay for a movie..they always have a teaser kiss just slap bang in the middle so it keeps everyone wondering...and then the real kiss happens at the end..

movie 1
Beginning: Liz starts off with Norrington..
Middle: teaser kiss Will/Liz possibility
End: They kiss at the end

movie 2
Beginning: She starts off with Will.
Middle: teaser kiss Liz/Jack possibility.
End: They Kiss at the end

If you take their rule and put it over the trilogy as a whole which is ONE BIG STORY..you can see what they are doing:
Movie 1: they have started with Will/Liz
Movie 2: teaser moment Jack/Liz possible relationship
Movie 3: Jack/Liz

katelovespirate
Originally posted by LovelyOne
LOL^^ I'm very persistant with my views laughing out loud
Disney know exactly what they are doing I think..

The script writers for PotC have said that when writing a screenplay for a movie..they always have a teaser kiss just slap bang in the middle so it keeps everyone wondering...and then the real kiss happens at the end..

movie 1
Beginning: Liz starts off with Norrington..
Middle: teaser kiss Will/Liz possibility
End: They kiss at the end

movie 2
Beginning: She starts off with Will.
Middle: teaser kiss Liz/Jack possibility.
End: They Kiss at the end

If you take their rule and put it over the trilogy as a whole which is ONE BIG STORY..you can see what they are doing:
Movie 1: they have started with Will/Liz
Movie 2: teaser moment Jack/Liz possible relationship
Movie 3: Jack/Liz

by this theory she will end up with norrington... hahaha just kidding.

will we really have to wait the entire next film to find out?!?! GAH!

willofthewisp
She doesn't really start out with Norrington. They're not the established couple and no one in the audience thinks she will choose him. Plus, at the end of movie 2, it's up in the air on whether or not Will will ever even speak to Liz again. The overall trilogy theory is correct, though. They're more like acts in a play than sequels.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by willofthewisp
She doesn't really start out with Norrington. They're not the established couple and no one in the audience thinks she will choose him. Plus, at the end of movie 2, it's up in the air on whether or not Will will ever even speak to Liz again. The overall trilogy theory is correct, though. They're more like acts in a play than sequels.

AHH but Norrie/Liz are the "supposed couple" that everyone in her life thinks she is suited to..TO START WITH..then she's obviously not suited to him...she's "suited to Will"

Will then seems like the perfect match who everyone thinks she should be with..when its clear she's not suited to him at all by the end of movie 2...by the end of movie 2 (beacuse its ONLY the the middle of the trilogy)..the audience are left thinking "ah she's chosen Will" (lots of people missed the little hint where she went into kiss him again..) So by doing that it gives the writers the means to start their whole "pattern" with the 3rd. Where you dont know who she's gonna choose until the end... When you look at the whole trilogy you can see whats going to happen..

LovelyOne
actually..wait no.I just realized.

Norrie is the supposed perfect match for Liz at the beginning of movie 1..when we all learn that she is more suited to WILL..BUT there is a little hint in there that its actually the pirate life she wants more...(since she was a kid/what she says to Will at the end)

Movie 2. everyone thinks that its will she should be with..but we learn she is more suited to the pirate life...we leave thinking that she is in Jacks words "a pirate" but there is a LITTLE hint there that she actually wants JACK..(the second kiss pull away/compass/ the very act of chaining him up because she is afraid of loving him)

Movie 3...we'll have to wait and see how they do this one..everyone thinks she is happy with being a new found pirate..juggling two men in the middle..but ultimatley ends up with Jack....

LovelyOne
OR if you just look at it in the most sensible way..when they do it with a single film its ONLY about who she is going to kiss at the end

but when you put it over the trilogy its about WHO she is ultimatley going to choose at the end.

CaptinJackLover
^ i agree with you 100%!

although its quite hard not to agree. you have so many points and details that you always end up being right about eveyrhitng. big grin

LovelyOne
LOL thanks^^

actually putting that Kiss in the middle causes a few problems for the writers..and for where they want the trilogy to end up. If its in the middle of the trilogy then they have to make it end so you think she is with someone/something else for example (will/pirate life)..because there is STILL movie 3 where they have to use that pattern again..This was probably the reason WHY they were a bit iffy with using their typical rules in movie 2..they did state that they didnt want that kiss in there during the early drafts of the script..they then decided to put it in..they never said WHY though...if they did it would give away the end of the trilogy..

For the overall trilogy to suit their rules they HAD to put it in there because they obviously want it to end up Liz/Jack and they needed to put that "What if kiss" in movie 2 so that the rules could be placed over the entire trilogy..

its really hard to explain....laughing out loud I'll think harder and try to word it better laughing out loud

CaptinJackLover
its hard to explain?! you explain eveyritng else perfectly fine....you use like 20 paragraphs to explain eveyritng else. butits hard to explain this??! WOW thats a first! lol big grin

LovelyOne
LOl i didnt explain that very well laughing out loud...i'm workin on it though..bare with me laughing out loud

CaptinJackLover
hahah its ok i kinda got it

ivebeendepped43
lol

LovelyOne
OK..For the writers its HARD to put the "kiss rule" in each seperate movie when they are parts of a trilogy, which is one big story...the Overall trilogy and how it all ends is what is more important. The kiss rule NEEDS to be placed over the trilogy BUT the Kiss rule ALSO NEEDS to be in each film otherwise the audience will be like WTF where is the kiss?..this is where they run into problems.

I think they decided from the offset of making a trilogy that they WANTED Liz to end up with Jack . BUT this means that the teaser moment has to be with Jack in the middle of the Trilogy..and they CANT end movie 2 where we know Liz has ended up with Jack (like in a seperate movie when she kisses a character)because it would screw up the ending of the trilogy..the middle film HAS to be a "what if moment"..they probably thought..Ok lets "take the kiss out and just have the chemistry/almost kiss between them as the what if moment"..but the audience will be PISSED if they dont see a Kiss..so the answer to the problem is MAKE the final kiss in movie 2..a "fake kiss"..its STILL a kiss...but its a "Teaser Kiss" so that fits perfecty in the middle of the trilogy as the teaser moment, it fits perfectly with the film on its own, it also works well with the next movie because they NEED to use the pattern again in movie 3..so they needed to make it look as if she had chosen something else BUT WILL SAW THE KISS so we will be wondering in movie 3 who she's going to CHOOSE at the end of it

They mentioned worrying about putting the kiss in movie 2 but PUT IT BACK IN and never said WHY because it gives away the end to the trilogy..which is Jack/Liz..

ivebeendepped43
i like ur location lovely one! sponge bath lol

LovelyOne
LOl thanks^^

the "fake kiss" wasnt REALLY a fake kiss though..it's meant to look that way but it meant something to her and that almost kiss right after that kiss proved it....that's what made that fake kiss a "teaser kiss"(makes it so the kiss rule can be placed over the trilogy).. and It's still a full on kiss (so it obeys the kiss rule for the movie on its own)

Disney covered themselves pretty well laughing out loud

-savvychick-
man lovelyone...u have some great thoughts...and they all make sense...how do u get all that out of a 2 hour long film???lolsmile

LovelyOne
^^^^LOL I'm a nerd laughing out loud with too much free time on my hands stick out tongue

willofthewisp
Aw, lovelyone, you must think I'm only here to pick on you, but I really do hope for Jack/Liz. I remember distinctly seeing her go in for another kiss and I was waiting for it, and I picked up on a few of the clues you mentioned. Of course, you bring up good points I didn't notice, but I want you to know we're on the same page. I think it only makes sense for Jack to end up with Liz.
That said, I want an explanation for a possible loophole I found. A big part of the theory is that Liz chained Jack mainly because she feared her own feelings and thought "out of sight, out of mind." Jack seems to admire this desperation and "claims" her as a fellow pirate. But it's very uncharacteristic of Liz to act immorally. She's a rebel, yeah, but she's never done anything really immoral. She usually acts nobly and follows her heart.
So then she's going to be a ***** from now on, doing whatever she pleases because she doesn't know herself? It's hard to explain, but any way you look at it, the reason of chaining Jack to the mast and basically killing him is a horrible, horrible thing to do. It's not the selfish act Jack's been wanting out of her, but a real horrible act. It's murder and if that's the reason she did it, then she's out-pirated him and is now just evil whereas he was just kind of naughty.
Sorry. It's hard to put into words the trouble I have with that part. Maybe you'll understand what I'm trying to say and have some words of wisdom.

katelovespirate
you guys are all awesome. seriously.

i agree about the kiss thing. the fact that they didnt originally want the kiss in could actually be a huge plus for the Liz/Jack idea--- because they DID have all those flirty scenes, so perhaps they were planning to end the trilogy with them together and didnt want to make it TOO obvious by having them kiss, but then HAD to have a SLASH BANG finish for 2, and lets face it, the kiss seals the deal we will all come back next year. Especially because everyone has different views on what the kiss meant.

heres a question i struggle with. IF liz and Jack end up together, any film they made as sequel to 3 would HAVE to include liz, right? So we've all heard johnny talking about doing a 4, but anyone heard kiera mention it? or orlando? ya know what i'm saying?
unless, as was hinted, a 4th film would not be a continuation but a prequel or something.

responding to what willofawisp just said, i think Liz CONSIDERS herself to be a moral person... but is she REALLY? not in my opinion. she is manipulative, even from the beginning of one.

wow this film is so hott. 3 is going to be awesome.

willofthewisp
Good, decent, noble things Liz has done:
1. Save Will when he was a child and hide the medallion to keep him out of pirate trouble.
2. Bargained with Barbosa to leave Port Royal, not to just let her go which would have been the more selfish thing.
3. Takes it upon herself to participate in fighting, etc, and as soon as Jack asks where Will is, she goes to find him.
4. Is the only one to go back for Will
5. Sacrifices herself in marriage to save Will
6. Stands with Will between Norrington and Jack
7. Takes the letters of mark to help Jack and Will
8. Takes the terrible risk of becoming a fugitive just to find Will
9. Takes Norrington under her wing to give him a purpose
10. Persuades Jack to do the right thing.
11. Chains Jack to save the others
12. Is among those who volunteer to risk their lives to find Jack
13. PS: argued for Jack to be released after he saved her.

Pretty bad things she does
1. Doesn't tell anyone right off the bat the compass "doesn't work" for her. This could have gotten them in a lot of trouble.
2. Toys with Norrington
3. Is sometimes patronizing with her father.
4. Doesn't keep the chest safe which screws everyone
5. Chains Jack to the mast because she is afraid of her own feelings
6. Cheats on Will

katelovespirate
i cant wait to see Will do something really bad. its his turn to go over the edge.
I say he should try to kill Jack, or swordfight Lizzie, or sell someone, or sleep with Tia, or... the possibilities are endless!

Chiki Mina
well Will will prob do something aweful or ABOUT to do something aweful like try to kill jack what kate say-and yea the possibilities are endless! I think his dad is gonna be there to help him though-yea im pretty sure. I would like to see Will angry at some point u know like getting out of his systme cus i wouldnt blame him..poor thing sad
but hopefully at the end Will will also learn something..

LovelyOne
LOL liz refuses to BE the heart for any of the men..at this point she is pissed off with all the men in her life fighting over it/her..so the chest gets removed from the three men..Liz runs off...

Runs into danger..she needs to protect the chest on her own/needs to protect herself from the baddies she helps out Pintel and ragetti by throwing them the sword..

Later on, on the Pearl Liz is left with no men to protect her she has to fend for herself..she's trying to help Will and at the same time save herself..she thinks she's saving Jack too by this point..

The chest gets taken by shell head and JACK is the one who saves it from shell head..he saved the heart and wins it fair and square...

Liz is in ultimate peril with the kraken..Will is caught up somewhere and JACK is the one who saves her...he wins her heart over..

LovelyOne
Actually no..

Pintel and Ragetti are the ones she runs into who help her when she is fighting to save the chest on her own..the other 3 men are absent

Pintell and Ragetti are ALSO the ones who help Liz when she is trying to kill the kraken on her own(gets dragged by the giant squid)..the other 3 men aren't there to help her..

when she needs help the most..and is in dire need..WILL/Norrington aren't THERE to save her..JACK IS! and HE wins Liz over...

When the baddie grabs the chest JACK is the one who saves it! the other 2 are busy somewhere else Will is concerned about saving his dad whilst norrington is concerned about saving face..so THEY are not worthy Liz/chest.. Jack wins the heart FAIR AND SQUARE..he puts it close to his own heart to protect it.

What happens next with Norrington/Will/Jar of dirt is a hint of what is going to happen in movie 3 with Liz

LovelyOne
He knocks will out when he tries to get to the heart - this means he believes he has won Liz

Jack realises he has won her once she chains him up..He thinks Wll has no chance...thats why he's smiling.

---------------- Movie 3 ----------------- "the released first pages of the script"

Jack foolishly puts the heart into the Jar of dirt - Jack foolishly hands Liz over to Sao Feng thinking that she will be safe for one night and come back the next day.

Norrington KIDNAPS the heart and puts it in the hands of the EITC (in a sack) - Norrington working for the EITC comes and attacks Sao Fengs's ship..and Liz gets taken by him..and the EITC

Jack realises that the heart is NOT in the jar once it smashes..he is TERRIFIED "where is the thump thump"..he wants it BACK! - he's probably going to go and save her..

Davy Gets the chest but inside it there is no heart - We are tricked into thinking that Liz Davy's Calypso when its probably Tia

OR this is a hint that Will is going to start mirroring Davy..he realises he has lost Liz's heart to "JACK SPARROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

this is probably why Disney released the first few pages of the draft script because there's already clear hints in movie 2 as to what is going to happen to Liz early on in movie 3...and they have mentioned that Will is mirroring Davy.

willofthewisp
Where can you see the script?

Chiki Mina
im gonna have to search for the script of the third movie..but i think they havent even finished the script.

Bwa Ha Ha
I have a theory...
What if for some reason Will wants to stab Jack and win Liz but just when he's about to stab him, she gets in the way and he stabs her instead. So then he gets all sad and kind of rips his heart out or something...

It might not make sense but I kind of combined lots of people's theories for this one...

CaptinJackLover
actually that makes a lot of sense...if he kills her i would think that eould be the only possible explanation! good thinking! big grin

ivebeendepped43
yeah

katelovespirate
Originally posted by Bwa Ha Ha
I have a theory...
What if for some reason Will wants to stab Jack and win Liz but just when he's about to stab him, she gets in the way and he stabs her instead. So then he gets all sad and kind of rips his heart out or something...

It might not make sense but I kind of combined lots of people's theories for this one...

i like this theory a ton. it would be very disney... sort of hercules, to do that.

if i were Will, I would probably want to kill Jack. Jack has ruined his life from day one... lol... while also making it much better and more exciting, but will doesnt appreciate that.

i mean, technically, will totally saved jack's life at the end of 1, so jack owed him MAJORLY... he should have given Will the compass without asking him to help him find the key. it would be the decent thing to do.
but of course, Jack is a bit more tricksy than that. wink

Anyways, then Jack gets Will tied up with Davy Jones, they all sword-fight and Will is encouraging Norrington to kill Jack ("be my guest"wink instead of trying to save Jack, and THEN on top of everything Jack kisses his lady--- and with no explanation from either of them, Will is probably blowing that WAY out of proportion in his head-- he's probably thinking Jack and Liz have been fooling around on the ship for a while, ya know?

So yeah, I would imagine Will would want to kill Jack once they get the pearl back.

I can also imagine Liz isn't about to let that happen, whether she intends on pursuing Jack or not. She's seen him die once and the money's on her Never letting that happen again.

Plus that would just be super dramatic... Liz jumps in front of Jack and takes the bullet or the stab or whatever...

then tia would have to get involved, cause the leading lady can't die. smile

blackpearl44
Originally posted by katelovespirate

then tia would have to get involved, cause the leading lady can't die. smile

Exactly.....and if the script for the POTC 3 trailor that is on the 2nd movie DVD is real.....then Will gets mad at Liz for some reason...and I think we all have a good idea of what that reason is. big grin

katelovespirate
that POTC 3 script for the trailor was INTENSE lol... but do they really script out their trailors before they even finish filming the movie???? i doubt it...

katelovespirate
where did the script for that trailor go? i found another one i think is fake, but i wanted to see if it matched up with that one at all...

CaptinJackLover
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-415292-possible-transcript-for-the-potc3-trailer.html

^^ thats the link for it

willofthewisp
That is slightly different from what Kate posted. I like the one she found better and hope they stick with that. The other one just seems to drawn out.

ivebeendepped43
yeah, ditto

CaptinJackLover
yeah me too, but she was looking for the that one

Bwa Ha Ha
HUZZAH! People actually like my theory!!!jawdropjumpsurpriseJumpy

ivebeendepped43
lol

willofthewisp
I thought the theory made a lot of sense bwa ha ha. I don't think Will would consciously hurt Liz no matter how mad he was, but he would easily attack Jack.

ivebeendepped43
yeah, very easily!

willofthewisp
It's not like they ever seemed to like each other. They both think they're better than the other.

katelovespirate
Originally posted by willofthewisp
It's not like they ever seemed to like each other. They both think they're better than the other.

this is really true.
when it comes down to it, they are both more interested in their own well-being. there is so much tension between the two--- cause Jack has been through EVERYTHING and Will has pretty much been through nothing, and so they both have different sets of rules on how to live.

i think they ONLY reason Will saved Jack at the end of 1 was to impress Elizabeth and defy norrington(and it worked).

There is SOOOOOO much tension during the scene in 2 when they have just found the chest and Will shows up, calling Jack a liar and an enemy, and Liz looks completely taken aback (she trusts Jack, but wants to trust Will) and then when Jack draws his sword on Will--- i think that had more to do with Jack's sudden rush of emotions seeing Liz with Will than just the kraken, ya know?

so i am guessing there will be heightened tensions between the 2 next film... and could easily see Will going after Jack and trying to kill him. I dont think Jack would kill Will though.

CaptinJackLover
yea Jack wouldnt kill Will, cuz then Elizabeth would probably never forgive him for doing that. Cuz i think we hosuld all agree that Liz loves Will just not in the way she loves Jack, and she would be terribly hurt. If Jack killed him then Liz would still love Jack but be angry and upset with him ad probably not wnat to be with someone who killed the man she USED TO love...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.