The Eternals vs the New Gods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

complexbrother
The Eternals
http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/4images/data/media/4/newetern1.jpg

vs

The New Gods
http://www.adamkoford.com/NewGods.jpg

they are on Apoclypse , but the eternals had time to plan . which group wins ?

Thanos_THOTU
Thanos is with the Eternal's right?
And he's immortal right?

complexbrother
I'm sorry , here's a list ...

New Gods

Yuga Khan
Highfather Izaya
Darkseid
Takion
Stayne
Orion
Lighray
Big Barda
Fastbak
Kalibak
Granny Goodness

Eternals

Kronos
Zuras
Thanos
Mentor
Cybele
Makaari
Ikaris
Starfox
Sersi
Sprite
Forgotten One

And also...

Walker vs. the Black Racer - who is the more powerful death god?

juggernaut66666
Ill go with new gods

B dot Rob
Def the Eternals. Uni-Mind ftw.

nvrbeenwthagirl
NO takion? he's more def a big gun for the new gods. NG wins any way. High Fther and Darksied are a killer combo

complexbrother
High Father and Darkseid are stalemated by Zurus and Thanos. with the Forgotton one, Ikkaris, and Sersi it's a wrap.

juggernaut66666
never both highfather and darkseid are above odin

Superherovandal
High father isn't going to be stalematerd by anyone on that list he's a very high Skyfather at least. and true Darkseid would be hard pressed to be stopped add Takion and i'd say NGs win.

manjaro
hmmmm eveolved humans vs actual "gods" hhmmm i say

golem370
Kronos Thanos and Zuras and Walker for the win

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by golem370
Kronos Thanos and Zuras and Walker for the win
higfather takion and darkeid woul murder these guys

boriquaking55
Wow you guys don't know anything about Kronos - he's near abstract level. In fact, why is he in this match at all?

Kronos over the new gods 10/10

Superherovandal
obviously you know nothing about Highfather and Darkseid. both of them are about abstract too. Highfather can control the Source. and DS's OE is quite powerful.

juggernaut66666
highfather and darkseid are supposed to be equal although darkseid has beaten highfather

darkseid was able to hurt spectre and wound the antimonitor very badly

Juntai
Also, most put Yuga Khan up with the Celestials, him being a powerful Promethian Giant and all... and Celestials created the Eternals.

MJOILNIR
Originally posted by Juntai
Also, most put Yuga Khan up with the Celestials, him being a powerful Promethian Giant and all... and Celestials created the Eternals.
Different celestials. Way different.

Juntai
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Different celestials. Way different. Nope. Same ones.
Arishem and friends.

Then there's a few skyfathers on the NG team.

MJOILNIR
BHow are they the same when ones marvel and ones DC? same names or not. Dc has a Thor and Herc but thier not the same.

Juntai
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
BHow are they the same when ones marvel and ones DC? same names or not. Dc has a Thor and Herc but thier not the same. Apperently you're not getting what I'm saying --- most posters consider the Promethians and the Celestials to be around the same level of power. And then I noted that; the Celestials created the Eternals. Then added that- there's also a few skyfathers on the New Gods team.

MJOILNIR
I see what your saying. Power levels. Ive never delved into that subject. I honestly dont know much about the giants, I do know quite a bit about the celestials though.

Validus
Yuga Khan seemed more like Galactus to me except without the hunger. Both devour planets though in different ways.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The new Gods also have metron and his mobious chair, sheer power and brains, and the forever people who have the infinite man. very powerful. They would probably beat the eternals in a long drawn out battle.

Rols
Kronos is an abstract deity (way above skyfather), add Walker, Zuras and Thanos its a spite thread. Ohh and Takion is not a newgod...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Rols
Kronos is an abstract deity (way above skyfather), add Walker, Zuras and Thanos its a spite thread. Ohh and Takion is not a newgod...

This really isn't a spite thread. Darksied in his true form is beyond any sky father. as is all new Gods. The eternals are more akin to the boom tubed versions of the new gods we are used to seeing. the boom tubes make each new god comprehensible to the human mind. And yes Takion is a product of the New Gods and thus part of thier family.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by Superherovandal
obviously you know nothing about Highfather and Darkseid. both of them are about abstract too. Highfather can control the Source. and DS's OE is quite powerful.

Highfather and Darkseid are nowhere near abstract man, even their Kirby versions who seemed far above current skyfathers- who gives you guys this info?

This is almost a spite thread as the above already stated. Nobody on DC can touch Kronos. He's considered to be a mid-level abstract now around Lord Chaos/Master Order level. He wouldn't concern himself with mere skyfathers or cube-level beings. And even if DS and HF are above skyfather - I doubt they are above cube-level beings.

K3VIL
New Gods.
Darkseid can grant his manifestation the power he wants to.
There aren't characters with jobber aura, so he gets to win thise all by himself if he wants to.
Yuga Khan is also here, the Highfather too, Marvel team will loose.

UniOmni
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
This really isn't a spite thread. Darksied in his true form is beyond any sky father. as is all new Gods. The eternals are more akin to the boom tubed versions of the new gods we are used to seeing. the boom tubes make each new god comprehensible to the human mind. And yes Takion is a product of the New Gods and thus part of thier family.

Just because they maybe a few hundred or thousand feet tall, doesn't make them beyond skyfathers.

Odin once grew huge. He's still a skyfather.

Yuga Kahn is a hard one to place though.
But he's definitely more PG than New God.

But barring involving Kronos, the New Gods should take it.

MJOILNIR
What about with Kronos???? He is on the list afterall wink

the Darkone
Kronos is a cosmic being higher than any skyfather, Zuras is a skyfather level and so is Thanos. Sersi alone can take out Orion and Big Barda by her damn self.

K3VIL
Originally posted by the Darkone
Kronos is a cosmic being higher than any skyfather, Zuras is a skyfather level and so is Thanos. Sersi alone can take out Orion and Big Barda by her damn self.
Darkseid will own them all by himself, his feats in the respect thread show that when there isn't a writer who gave him the "you are Superman sparring partner" aura, he his a force everyone must reckon with.Zuras is no skyfather, as Prime Eternal he is above any one of the others of his race, but no skyfather.Thanos isn't skyfather too.His current power levels aren't clear, but he hasn't feats who put him on par with a skyfather.Surviving a tough fight with Odin who used a percentage of his abilities, does not mean you are Skyfather level.
Orion's astroforce must not be underrated also.

juggernaut66666
and don't forget takion and highfather

Sixth_Winged
I have 2 questions

1) Is yuga khan or other promethian giants considered part of the new gods? I know DS is one but since when are the giants actually considered as part of their race?
2) Why is the pic on the first post showing the "New Eternals"

Tshern
Is Takion counted as a New God? Takion sure is their product, but does that make him part of the family? If so, then Drax the Destroyer is in the fight, too.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl

so you're saying parademons, big barda, granny goodness, etc can defeat the likes of Odin, Zeus, etc? What the f**k?

And if they are really all above skyfathers, then this doesn't make it a spite thread?

Sixth_Winged

So tell me... Do you really think 2 of the celestials would get to be folded with Darkseid's army like the 2 other promethian giants Apokalips had which were considered his underlings?

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
so you're saying parademons, big barda, granny goodness, etc can defeat the likes of Odin, Zeus, etc? What the f**k?

And if they are really all above skyfathers, then this doesn't make it a spite thread?
WTF?? Do you know anything about darkseid??

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
WTF?? Do you know anything about darkseid??

WTF, did you even read and understand what i posted? erm

Please tell me where did i contest anything about Darkseid on that post?

Juntai
Originally posted by Tshern
Is Takion counted as a New God? Takion sure is their product, but does that make him part of the family? If so, then Drax the Destroyer is in the fight, too. Takion is a character that appears in New Gods. He was made by Highfather, but what does any of that matter if he's already in the fight?

Drax isn't in the fight, only the thread creator can add people.

Sixth_Winged
Takion isn't a new god by birth. he was a normal blind human named Josh Saunders who was chosen by Izaya to be his avatar. So was Stayne who was a normal woman once transformed similarly by Darkseid.

That's why i'm having trouble trusting people saying NG can create entities on other topics. That's not creating.

But if he's already here and Drax isn't, well there's nothing to debate much about. Not that Drax could pass off as an Eternal anyway.

Juntai
Takion isn't a new god by birth. he was a normal blind human named Josh Saunders who was chosen by Izaya to be his avatar. So was Stayne who was a normal woman once transformed similarly by Darkseid.

That's why i'm having trouble trusting people saying NG can create entities on other topics. That's not creating.

How about Darkseid creating Stayne, an equal and opposite to Takion?

http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=takion2125zp7ua.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=takion2137mg5wc.jpg

Not bad, huh?

juggernaut66666
can you give me an issue number cause i collect darkseid comics

Juntai
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
can you give me an issue number cause i collect darkseid comics It's from Takion's series. It was only 7 issues.

juggernaut66666
thanks

Sixth_Winged
How about Darkseid creating Stayne, an equal and opposite to Takion?

http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=takion2125zp7ua.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=takion2137mg5wc.jpg

Not bad, huh?

it's great but i doubt he can do that without the further manipulation of the source. If only there are beings can can create actual sentient life from their own inert powers and not manipulate external sources like PC and the like. It's just near as impressive as Celestials able to create replicants, Galactus able to create Tyrant, etc. It's a good bet he can tip the odds to the New Gods favor by just replicating that feat and increasing their numbers.

Edit: Well maybe Nate with his sentient psychic construct can.

Juntai
it's great but i doubt he can do that without the further manipulation of the source. If only there are beings can can creat life from their own inert powers and not manipulate external sources like PC and the like. It's just as impressive as Celestials able to create replicants, Galactus able to create Tyrant, etc. It's a good bet he can tip the odds to the New Gods favor by just replicating that feat and increasing their numbers. Darkseid is a monster when one considers his feats. Stuff like this and his other showings is why everyone assumes Superman has yet to actually fight the real Darkseid. However, a win against an avatar is still impressive, as only a few heros have done it.

Sixth_Winged
Yeah, thing is... that was almost a decade now. As much as people hate it, he has finally succumb to editorial butchering of a character. Based on his current showings, it is doubtful he'd even pass off nearing his former glory. I mean, come on, guy's OE(wipeout) already faltered and cracks were beggining to appear like his near defeat against Raker. And as much as we don't like it, Supes cockstrocking writers already declared his loses as the actual DS.

Anyway onto the fight. Dunno much about Kronos, but unless he's anyuwhere near Yuga khan who was absorbing galactic level power, Eternals gets wrecked.

Juntai
Yeah, thing is... that was almost a decade now. As much as people hate it, he has finally succumb to editorial butchering of a character. Based on his current showings, it is doubtful he'd even pass off nearing his former glory. I mean, come on, guy's OE(wipeout) already faltered and cracks were beggining to appear like his near defeat against Raker. And as much as we don't like it, Supes cockstrocking writers already declared his loses as the actual DS.

Anyway onto the fight. Dunno much about Kronos, but unless he's anyuwhere near Yuga khan who was absorbing galactic level power, Eternals gets wrecked. He was at that power level in the late 90s and into 2000 and on. Its just that he lost to Superman, now people think he's weak for some reason, regardless of his feats. Just as Superman has defeated dozens of skyfathers, people don't like it, they see him as barely over street level or something, despite all his high cosmic showings.

Skeets
Losing to Superman wasn't the only Low showing that he's recently had.

Juntai
Originally posted by Skeets
Losing to Superman wasn't the only Low showing that he's recently had. Name some others then?

Anything before 2000-01 has pretty much been retconned ala Jack Kirby's Fourth World and Orion.

He's only appeared a handful of times since then.

Sixth_Winged
He was at that power level in the late 90s and into 2000 and on. Its just that he lost to Superman, now people think he's weak for some reason, regardless of his feats. Just as Superman has defeated dozens of skyfathers, people don't like it, they see him as barely over street level or something, despite all his high cosmic showings.

Seen them. Jimmy San's RT was just as detailed and i've got most of his appearances during the 80's, 90's.

But waitta minute. When has Superman defeated multiple Skyfathers before? I know he has defeated demons, minor cosmic entities, etc, but since when has he ever defeated a head of pantheon(other than DS that is) before?

Skeets
Name some others then?

Anything before 2000-01 has pretty much been retconned ala Jack Kirby's Fourth World and Orion.

How about getting Omega beamed in his face...laughing out loud
Doomsday.

Skeets
Seen them. Jimmy San's RT was just as detailed.

But waitta minute. When has Superman defeated multiple Skyfathers before? I know he has defeated demons, cosmic entities, etc, but since when has he ever defeated a head of pantheon(other than DS that is) before?
He T-vo'd dominus who some say is skyfather level.

I was reading a Spectre book and Supes explained to Bats that t-Vo was just some Kyrptonian mediation technique.how it became the pIS power it is now is beyond me.

Juntai
Originally posted by Skeets
How about getting Omega beamed in his face...laughing out loud
Doomsday. Doomsday died via Omega Beams and then got back up, , retconned. "It is true, you ARE beyond Death."

Omega Beamed in the face happened in the Superman fight. In fact, both his loss to Superman and Orion happened directly after shooting his own face.

Try again.

Skeets
Doomsday died via Omega Beams and then got back up, , retconned. "It is true, you ARE beyond Death."

Omega Beamed in the face happened in the Superman fight. In fact, both his loss to Superman and Orion happened directly after shooting his own face.

Try again.
I didn't even see the year you posted...mhm

Juntai
Seen them. Jimmy San's RT was just as detailed and i've got most of his appearances during the 80's, 90's.

But waitta minute. When has Superman defeated multiple Skyfathers before? I know he has defeated demons, minor cosmic entities, etc, but since when has he ever defeated a head of pantheon(other than DS that is) before? Superman caused the defeat of Imperiex , Darkseid, Dominus, Azmodel,.. as energy Superman he caused the defeat of the Millenium Giants...etc etc.

Magee
Superman is at least Herald level. smokin'

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Validus
Yuga Khan seemed more like Galactus to me except without the hunger. Both devour planets though in different ways.

I was under the impression that Darkseid was always more powerful than his Daddy. To be fair i have read little about either. I know slightly more about the New Gods though. I was under the Impression that Takion was literally the Source's representative in this Dimension, and is basically a much More Powerful version of the Surfer. Pre Crisis Darksied was on a level of Galactus. Thanks to Joseph loeb he's been turned into the Hulk with the omega Effect. Although there are hints about how powerful he still is. In OWAW, when he expelled most his power fighting Supes, Apokolips simultaneously ran out of power. This kind of suggest he is intrinsically linked to the power of Apokolips. We also know he was easilly capable of mind controling of Kara Zor El who is a Kryptoninan. Id also watch out for Metron, that chair has some pretty nifty abilities, and he's linked to a powersource that gives the OAN power batterey a run for its monney.

Sixth_Winged
Name some others then?

Actually IIRC, it was 1997 below(okay, forgot which 199_ it was but it was definitely not 2000 above). anything above that ain't retconned yet.

Juntai
Actually IIRC, it was 1997 below(okay, forgot which 199_ it was but it was definitely not 2000 above). anything above that ain't retconned yet. Fourth World was late 90's, but the final issues of Orion, where Darkseid's loss to Orion happened was into the 2000+, I'm sure.

Sixth_Winged
Superman caused the defeat of Imperiex , Darkseid, Dominus, Azmodel,.. as energy Superman he caused the defeat of the Millenium Giants...etc etc.

Didn't defeat imperiex on his own. He was merged around the time and had halp from *sigh* Darkseid himself. Dominus yeah, but then he appeared on Superman: KOTW to be an idiot in using Telepathy. I mean shit if he was actually on that power level, why does he need to manipulate supes and why does he fail against T-VO

As for Azmodel..... defeated? What? i didn't see anything even resembling that.

Beating the Millenium giants was a big fat plot device which also killed both superman, only later to be found out to be returned back to his former state.

Juntai
Didn't defeat imperiex on his own. He was merged around the time and had halp from *sigh* Darkseid himself. Dominus yeah, but then he appeared on Superman: KOTW to be an idiot in using Telepathy. I mean shit if he was actually on that power level, why does he need to manipulate supes.

As for Azmodel..... defeated? What? i didn't see anything even resembling that.

Beating the Millenium giants was a big fat plot device which also killed both superman, only later to be found out to be returned back to his former state. Still notches on the belt, regardless of how you'd like to downplay them.

Anyways, get back to Darkseid.

R.O.T. Yahman
Still notches on the belt, regardless of how you'd like to downplay them.

Anyways, get back to Darkseid.

Can you name some feats that don't involve either his Super strength or the omega effect, Mate ?

Sixth_Winged
Fourth World was late 90's, but the final issues of Orion, where Darkseid's loss to Orion happened was into the 2000+, I'm sure.

Do you have any scan of this? I don't recall any retcon any other page retcon other than these two:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9136/f9cca559jpgorig2ra.th.jpg
http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3973/retcon9ha.th.jpg

and this one for the avatar statement
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/6790/fb977017jpgorig9uj.th.jpg

i don't really recall any other 2000+ statement regarding an avatar or something but i might be wrong.

Juntai
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Can you name some feats that don't involve either his Super strength or the omega effect, Mate ? I showed him creating a being equal to Takion a page back. Or him creating a giant starship in Genesis. What abouts are you looking for?

Juntai
Do you have any scan of this? I don't recall any retcon any other page retcon other than these two:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9136/f9cca559jpgorig2ra.th.jpg
http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3973/retcon9ha.th.jpg

and this one for the avatar statement
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/6790/fb977017jpgorig9uj.th.jpg

i don't really recall any other 2000+ statement regarding an avatar or something but i might be wrong. The point is, he hadn't lost after those retcons in Jack Kirby's Fourth World and Orion until the end of the Orion series, which ended 2000-2001.

His only losses since that time... are Superman.

And against Orion AND Superman, he was winning until he shot himself in the face.

juggernaut66666
darkseid losing to superman is major PIS
since he could turn him into a piece of wood
or go back in time and kill him
or just create kryptonite to weaken him then kill him etc.etc.etc

Sixth_Winged
I know, but all you have to say is yes, he the doesn't have a retcon to whatever bad showings he might've after 97' shifty

It's as if you're talking like Superman didn't have a hand with that.

you know, that applies to so many other characters superman has faced in this board, it's not funny. And yet, so many people are still giving him a chance.

guy222
hmm

does tiamut influence makkari and the eternals

guy222
yes

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/11594083_Hulk_49_024.jpg

Prep-Man
Is this every single New God vs every single Eternal?

guy222
i don't know big grin

Prep-Man
This is a mystery we must solve, right? smokin'

guy222
yes smile

good evening

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.