Doc Sampson vs Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
(Doc Sampson's hair is long enough to put him in the 75 ton range)

Who wins.

B dot Rob
Thing 8/10

complexbrother
Good fight. I say the Thing 5.5/10

Dinalfos
This is an extremely good fight. Btw, both characters are class 100, going by their feats.

Zahit
Thing will beat Doc everytime!
Doc's strong, but not in Thing's class.

darthgoober
LOL, I just thought of something, do you think that Thing could pull out enough of the good Doc's hair cat fight style to weaken him?

golem370
I would say since I seen Doc and Thing fight Hulk and it seemed that Doc was giving better then Thing was I say Doc because he more agile and I would guess faster.

Zahit
Show us ANY example of Doc doing better against Hulk than Thing!!!
I've seen the vast majority of all the fights between these 3 and
I've never seen Doc do better than Thing.
Thing also has WAY better fighting skills and experience!

word.

Grimm22
Ben is stronger, more durable and a much better fighter.

Ben 9/10

Give him 1 win because Ben takes him out for a beer big grin

Jonathanos
Originally posted by Zahit
Show us ANY example of Doc doing better against Hulk than Thing!!!
I've seen the vast majority of all the fights between these 3 and
I've never seen Doc do better than Thing.
Thing also has WAY better fighting skills and experience!

word.

I can't post the links or I would.

Thing generally uses hit and run tactics on Hulk. Samson trades punches with Hulk.

Byrne's Animal-Hulk fought Samson for six hours and failed to defeat him. A few issues later, Samson (with help from the Hulkbusters) fought the Animal-Hulk for hours before Samson was kayoed.

Dinalfos
Originally posted by Grimm22
Ben is stronger, more durable and a much better fighter.

Ben 9/10

Give him 1 win because Ben takes him out for a beer big grin

Stronger? Debatable. More durable? Debatable. Better fighter? Maybe, but Samson is more agile.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Stronger? Debatable. More durable? Debatable. Better fighter? Maybe, but Samson is more agile.

Stronger- Ben 100 tons, Samson 75-80 tos.

More Durable - Ben is made of organic rock like substance that is essentially on second to Colossus's organic metal.

Fighting Skills- Ben has mastered many forms of combat such as wresatling, judo, street fighting, boxing, grappiling..ect. He has also been fighting since he was a boy.

The only thing that Samson might have on Ben is being smarter, however that isnt going to help him here.

Dinalfos

More Durable - Ben is made of organic rock like substance that is essentially on second to Colossus's organic metal.

Fighting Skills- Ben has mastered many forms of combat such as wresatling, judo, street fighting, boxing, grappiling..ect. He has also been fighting since he was a boy.

The only thing that Samson might have on Ben is being smarter, however that isnt going to help him here.

Ehm, Samson is WAY stronger than 70 tons. WAY stronger. He has to be. If you're going by some old Handbook then, yes, Samson would be in the 70 ton range. But that would also mean Thing is class 90(being able to lift 85 tons). But since Samson is as strong as a calm Hulk, who is easily class 100+ at base(according to the handbooks he's capabale of lifting 90 tons), he'd be about as strong as Thing. But we both know that they both have much higher showings, so we still don't know anything.

As for durability, well, Samson can withstand a lot too. More than you think. Punishement from Byrne's Hulk, for example. And yes, Samson is faster and more agile than Thing, which is definitely going to help him.

B dot Rob

Well considering Samson's expertise is in psychology and he's as good in psych as Richards is in science, I'd say Samson could probably **** with Ben's head.

H. S. 6
This is actually a pretty good fight. I'd probably split it 5/10 down the middle.

They're pretty close in strength, I'd say. Ben has the Doc beat in durability, but Doc's got speed and agility. Hmm...

snoopdogg
I think Thing has this in the bag. He's stronger, more durable, and a better fighter than Samson is imo. Samson is class 70 at best unless he is in Woodstock mode.

And another thing. People always say Samson is as strong as a calm Hulk. Which he may have been at one time but that's when calm Hulk was a 70 tonner. Now it's pretty much accepted that Hulk base is over 100 tons. But has it been mentioned....say in the last 15 years that Doc is as strong as a calm Hulk? I mean that used to be his moniker but somehow I don't think it's that way anymore.

Grimm22
Wow this is ridiculous, people are either way overestimating Doc Samson here or underestimating Ben.

Ben wins this hands down

RogerRamjet
Yes Samson may be faster and more agile but he's still not in Thing's class..it could be a good fight, and no push over for Ben alright...but since Doc is actually a Doc i can imagine that he could come up with a plan to take the Thing down..it's possible..

7/10 for Ben

rotiart
Doc Samson starts spouting off about how psycology, and about how ben resents the fact that he can almost never be with a human, how reed failed to cure ben... ben becomes sullen, begins to cry, and doc tosses ben into the ocean.

Grimm22
Originally posted by rotiart
Doc Samson starts spouting off about how psycology, and about how ben resents the fact that he can almost never be with a human, how reed failed to cure ben... ben becomes sullen, begins to cry, and doc tosses ben into the ocean.

Wow, you sir are probobly the biggest FF hater on these boards no expression

RogerRamjet
Wow this is ridiculous, people are either way overestimating Doc Samson here or underestimating Ben.

Ben wins this hands down

well Samson got the smarts on his side, some people may underestimate the intelligence factor in a confrontation..

Grimm22
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
Yes Samson may be faster and more agile but he's still not in Thing's class..it could be a good fight, and no push over for Ben alright...but since Doc is actually a Doc i can imagine that he could come up with a plan to take the Thing down..it's possible..

7/10 for Ben

Um considering Reed has a hard time figuring out Ben's biology, im sure that Samson cannot, expecially not in a fight no expression

Grimm22
well Samson got the smarts on his side, some people may underestimate the intelligence factor in a confrontation..

Yes, brains are a big part, however thats not going to help you that much when your fighting a giant brawler made of cosmicly enchanced organic rock.

RogerRamjet
Yes, brains are a big part, however thats not going to help you that much when your fighting a giant brawler made of cosmicly enchanced organic rock. one also must put into consideration that Samson had a crucial part into stopping the rampaging savage Hulk who slapped a lage cast of the Avengers and the FF around..so being confronted with a brute brawler is nothing new to him...

Grimm22
one also must put into consideration that Samson had a crucial part into stopping the rampaging savage Hulk who slapped a lage cast of the Avengers and the FF around..so being confronted with a brute brawler is nothing new to him...

Obviously, however Hulk is basicly a big dumb brute who is really strong.

Fighting Hulk and fighting Ben are two completely different things.

darthgoober
I have a question, does the good Doc have any kind of healing factor(I'm only asking because most people do nowdays)?

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by darthgoober
I have a question, does the good Doc have any kind of healing factor(I'm only asking because most people do nowdays)?

yes he does have a healing factor similar to the Hulks...

batdude123

Figures. roll eyes (sarcastic)

RogerRamjet
Obviously, however Hulk is basicly a big dumb brute who is really strong.

Fighting Hulk and fighting Ben are two completely different things.

i wouldn't say completely different...fighting Jean Grey or The Hulk are two completely different experiences...like the Hulk, Thing will try to take the Doc down with brute strength...

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by batdude123
Figures. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yeah though it is not as efficient as the Hulks...Sampsons healing process is considerably slower than Hulks...yes

Dinalfos

He does, but it's at a lower level than even Abomination.

Grimm22
i wouldn't say completely different...fighting Jean Grey or The Hulk are two completely different experiences...like the Hulk, Thing will try to take the Doc down with brute strength...

Except Hulk has pretty much no skills whatsoever no expression

That and Ben is tougher and smarter than Hulk.

Either way, Ben rips off Samson's hair. big grin

Dinalfos
Ben is NOT tougher than Hulk. And the Hulk has well developed instinctual skills.

Grimm22
Ben is NOT tougher than Hulk. And the Hulk has well developed instinctual skills.

Hulk's durability is WAY overrated.

Savage Hulk has an amazing healing factor, however he is in no way more DURABLE than someone like Ben or Colossus no

Grimm22

Oh please roll eyes (sarcastic)

All Hulk does is smash, thats not skills. no

Dinalfos
He fights too. You're underestimating his skills. He's not a brilliant fighter by any means, but he can manage.

snoopdogg

Savage Hulk has an amazing healing factor, however he is in no way more DURABLE than someone like Ben or Colossus no I'll back you up on this.

batdude123

Savage Hulk has an amazing healing factor, however he is in no way more DURABLE than someone like Ben or Colossus no

I'll cosign with this. However, his healing factor combined with his durability overall makes him more indestructible than Ben.

Dinalfos

Savage Hulk(classic) didn't really have a healing factor, he was just extremely durable. The healing factor became the focus when PAD took over as the writer. Grey Hulk and Prof. Hulk had reduced durability and amped healing.

You're overestimating Ben's durability.

Grimm22
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I'll back you up on this.

Hmm shifty

All I have to do is say somthing good about Colossus and Snoop will help me eh stick out tongue

Grimm22
Savage Hulk(classic) didn't really have a healing factor, he was just extremely durable. The healing factor became the focus when PAD took over as the writer. Grey Hulk and Prof. Hulk had reduced durability and amped healing.

You're overestimating Ben's durability.

No im not overestimating Ben.

You are overestimating Hulk.

I mean if you want to play it that way go look back at Wolverine's first apperence where he couldnt pierce Hulk's skin. Which is crap.

Hulk has really thick skin. Thats about it. He isnt made of any substance or whatnot

Accel

How so? The guy withstands nuclear blasts, shrugs off blows from guys like Thor, Hercules, and Juggernaut, and even attacks from Celestials...

..and Thing is more durable?

Dinalfos

I mean if you want to play it that way go look back at Wolverine's first apperence where he couldnt pierce Hulk's skin. Which is crap.

Hulk has really thick skin. Thats about it. He isnt made of any substance or whatnot

There were a hell of a lot more things that couldn't pierce his skin. He never even bled once in the first twenty years, as far as I know.

Anyway, can you proof that Ben is more durable?

snoopdogg
Hmm shifty

All I have to do is say somthing good about Colossus and Snoop will help me eh stick out tongue Even if you didn't say Colossus I would agree. I would say Hulk is like Luke Cage with Wolverines healing factor.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Accel
How so? The guy withstands nuclear blasts, shrugs off blows from guys like Thor, Hercules, and Juggernaut, and even attacks from Celestials...

..and Thing is more durable?

Hulk survives Nuclear blasts because he absorbs it no expression

Like I said his healing factor is his saving grace, not his durability.

Oh and Hulk fighting Celestials is possibly the stupidest thing i've EVER heard

Accel
He fights too. You're underestimating his skills. He's not a brilliant fighter by any means, but he can manage.
No, he was never really a fighter, just a brawler, although Planet Hulk may be changing all that.

Maestro, as I recall, did have some skills in H2H, but not Savage.

Grimm22
Even if you didn't say Colossus I would agree. I would say Hulk is like Luke Cage with Wolverines healing factor.

Im just joking big grin

Pretty much though yeah

Grimm22
No, he was never really a fighter, just a brawler, although Planet Hulk may be changing all that.

Mastero is also 1000000000x smarter than any other Hulk so yeah... erm

batdude123
Even if you didn't say Colossus I would agree. I would say Hulk is like Luke Cage with Wolverines healing factor.

Try Wolverine's healing factor x20.

Grimm22
Try Wolverine's healing factor x20.

I think he was just making a point erm

snoopdogg
Try Wolverine's healing factor x20. Yea I forgot to add that but Wolverines healing factor seems on par lately.

Accel
Hulk survives Nuclear blasts because he absorbs it no expression

Like I said his healing factor is his saving grace, not his durability.

Oh and Hulk fighting Celestials is possibly the stupidest thing i've EVER heard
He doesn't absorbed nuclear bombs. You're thinking of gamma bombs, which aren't guaranteed to ever be absorbed either.

Hulk's taken plenty of attacks without having to heal from them.

batdude123
Yea I forgot to add that but Wolverines healing factor seems on par lately.

Nah, Wolverine's is still plenty slower.

Accel
Yea I forgot to add that but Wolverines healing factor seems on par lately.
Apparently, Marvel's going to retcon his recent healing feats.

Grimm22
He doesn't absorbed nuclear bombs. You're thinking of gamma bombs, which aren't guaranteed to ever be absorbed either.

Hulk's taken plenty of attacks without having to heal from them.

True he has taken attacks without having to heal from them, but overall the majority of things he has to heal from.

Hulk can asorb pretty much any kind of radiation

snoopdogg
Apparently, Marvel's going to retcon his recent healing feats. Serious?

batdude123
Have to go study Etymology now. See ya. ninja

Dinalfos

Oh, I'm not saying his skills match Ben's, it's just that he's not completely unskilled. The respect thread obviously shows that he has enough instinctual intelligence to counter some moves. His sense of timing and accuracy helps, too.

Accel
True he has taken attacks without having to heal from them, but overall the majority of things he has to heal from.

Hulk can asorb pretty much any kind of radiation
Possibly true, but he doesn't absorb attacks from Thor's hammer. Or the sonic attack that destroyed the Dark Cosmos. Or the concentrated antimatter that was shot at him. he didn't really have to heal from these as well.

Hulk's strength and durability are top-tier. The healing factor is just icing on the cake.

Accel
Serious?
Grimm actually posted a link to a list of previews in his "Marvel's fixing their mistakes" thread. Marvel's actually going to go over how Wolverine survived being hit by a plane and being burned to a skeleton.

Jonathanos
I think Thing has this in the bag. He's stronger, more durable, and a better fighter than Samson is imo. Samson is class 70 at best unless he is in Woodstock mode.

And another thing. People always say Samson is as strong as a calm Hulk. Which he may have been at one time but that's when calm Hulk was a 70 tonner. Now it's pretty much accepted that Hulk base is over 100 tons. But has it been mentioned....say in the last 15 years that Doc is as strong as a calm Hulk? I mean that used to be his moniker but somehow I don't think it's that way anymore.

The original Handbook placed Hulk at 90 tons when calm.

'Course Handbooks are notoriously inaccurate, but just saying.

Jonathanos

You're underrating Hulk's durability and overrating Thing and Colossus.

Jonathanos

Hulk has really TOUGH thick skin. The only way Wolverine has cut the green-skinned Hulk is by using Hulk's strength to provide the necessary force.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Jonathanos
Hulk has really TOUGH thick skin. The only way Wolverine has cut the green-skinned Hulk is by using Hulk's strength to provide the necessary force.

What does Hulk throw Wolverine at him or somthing?!? laughing

Grimm22
Originally posted by Jonathanos
You're underrating Hulk's durability and overrating Thing and Colossus.

Not really. I mean he is durable, however he dosent even come close to durability to Thing or Colossus until he gets uber angry

Jonathanos
What does Hulk throw Wolverine at him or somthing?!? laughing

HULK #181- Wolverine could not cut the Hulk.

SIX HOURS #4- The only time Wolverine's claws did penetrate was when Hulk grabbed the claws and Wolverine retracted them. Wolverine was not able to cut Hulk otherwise.

Not really. I mean he is durable, however he dosent even come close to durability to Thing or Colossus until he gets uber angry

Yes, really. I don't believe Thing or Colossus can shrug off shots from a berserk Thor or withstand ground zero nuclear detonations unharmed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.