Cyclops vs. energy/KE/shock absorbers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sixth_Winged
How would cyke fare against another energy absorber? keeping in mind that he just overloaded Bishop in Civil War Xmen 2. Who can't he overload and who'd survive in a fight

1. Agent Zero
2. Speedball
3. Sebastian Shaw
4. Cannonbal
5. Mr. Fantastic
6. Strong Guy
7. Puck

Tron
It's still hard to say, at lesat until the next issue when we find out what happens to Bishop.

Sixth_Winged
I'd hope and pray he explodes and kill the 198 laughing out loud

bitca730
So did Bishop just stand there and let Cyclops overload him? He was at least rechanneling it in some way, right?

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
How would cyke fare against another energy absorber? keeping in mind that he just overloaded Bishop in Civil War Xmen 2. Who can't he overload and who'd survive in a fight

1. Agent Zero
2. Speedball
3. Sebastian Shaw
4. Cannonbal
5. Mr. Fantastic
6. Strong Guy
7. Puck

wait a sec, what comic??

i thought i had all my civil war covered

thiers an x-men civil war comic?

is it uncanny?

Tron
Originally posted by bitca730
So did Bishop just stand there and let Cyclops overload him? He was at least rechanneling it in some way, right?

Bishop took the shot straight on, figuring it would work just like anything else. But at the end of the issue, it implied that it was becoming too much for him to handle.

Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
wait a sec, what comic??

i thought i had all my civil war covered

thiers an x-men civil war comic?

is it uncanny?

Check the Civil War Scan Thread in the Comic Books Forum, both issues are there.

Stripe
I don't think of overload him, but we aren't sure. (Are we)?

complexbrother
Bishop http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop_%28comics%29shoudn't been able to absorb Scott's beams because he can only absorb energy and Cyclops's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclops_%28comics%29blasts are pure force

Soleran
Not to mention with Cyclops being such a good shot and all should really stop aiming at these KE absorbing mutants and shoot up the terrain to own them all.

galan7777777
i dont see him getting past cannonball

Scoobless
Well.... according to the Puppet Master (who has "possessed" Cyclops) ... It appears that Cyclops has only ever used a small fraction of the power at his disposal purely out of fear of killing anyone/everyone around him.... Puppet Master is not exerting that same restraint now that he's taken control of Scotty .... it makes some sort of sense.... I suppose

xmarksthespot
Wait whose taken control? The only X-Men I've been reading lately is Astonishing where he's somewhat comaed out (haven't read 16 yet.)

Draco69
I hope Bishop dies. I hate his character...

complexbrother
I don't like what he's become (a house ni**a, or someone who goes and do the "step n fetch" for his master I.E. Tony Stark). he used to be my favorite X-Man chareter.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Draco69
I hope Bishop dies. I hate his character... Because he's incredibly contrived? Because he's a tool? Or because he's boring?

Draco69
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Because he's incredibly contrived? Because he's a tool? Or because he's boring?

All of the above.

And he's an arrogant SOB. His "knowledge" of the future is useless...

rotiart
I want cyclops to kill bishop. nuke his body, piss on his grave, dig up the body, and the piss on it again. The character is horrible.

Draco69
Anyway, he doesn't get past Speedball.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.