Critics praise DMC characters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willofthewisp

willofthewisp
Comparing it to Star Wars all the time isn't really fair, though. They do have a lot in common, but have differences.

Luke and Leia were never really a "couple" like Will and Liz are/were. All they really had was Luke's attraction to her (boy does he regret that later) and Leia kissing him out of spite.

Who the hell is Chewie in the pirate world? Gibbs? Then for that matter, who is Darth Vader? Davy? Barbosa? Someone else? Tia?

Han Solo turns it around a little quicker than Jack. Sigh, my two favorite guys....

Anyone else have a general comment on the characters or what this guy's saying?

Chiki Mina
i agree with u will but though i cant compare to the star wars couple to the pirates couple cus im probably the only person in this universe who has never seen star wars!

katelovespirate
han is hott.

jack might be hotter.

i dont like to mix my trilogies. i like them seperate. big grin

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by katelovespirate
han is hott.

jack might be hotter.

i dont like to mix my trilogies. i like them seperate. big grin

this post surprised me - I thought you were a die hard Johnny/Jack fan...IMO - Han doesn't even come close to Jack....Johnny Depp is way, way, millions times hotter, sexier, lovelier than Harrison Ford could ever be....IMO.....to each his own I guess...No way does Han Solo compare to Captain Jack Sparrow in my book....I do Love Star Wars though...now, Anakin is hot...but not as hot as Jack..

Chiki Mina
i feel so left out lol i dunno star warssad

willofthewisp
It's okay, chiki. But I do recommend the movies to you, at least the first trilogy made back in the 70s and 80s.

And Han is pretty sweet. He's clever, resourceful, brave, tough, a smartass but with a huge heart to match. Come on! What's not to like? He's awesome.

LovelyOne
Sao Feng is jabba the hut laughing out loud kidnaps Liz..makes her dress all like a pretty orient princess,,

the empire is the EITC?

Tia..now she's obviously calypso..so I don't see how she can be yoda..but she is the character that helps everyone out..

R2d2
C3PO

are pintel and ragetti

darth veda must be davy J cuz he's now under control of the eitc..maybe tia is in fact the emperor in disguise pulling the strings of Davy..

but then there is the whole Will mirroring Davy aspect of the movie..which I think is meant to replace the brother sister excuse to end the Layah/Luke relationship..cuz pirates cant use that one...movie 1 showed us that Liz/Will don't share the same blood...they shot themselves in the foot

I agree though..Pirates is a LOT deeper than Empire strikes back.there's alot of hints and deeper meaning things going on in this movie compared with starwars.

there are only a few similarities when you look at whats happening with the story.

willofthewisp
I think if you talked to some Star Wars fans, they would argue that Star Wars has a lot of deeper meanings rooted in the movies, primarily the first three. Sure, it's about a big good/evil struggle, but Empire Strikes Back incorporates mind over matter, Eastern philosophy, temptation, redemption, etc. The theme of redemption is crucial to all the movies since they all are pretty much about Anakin and his descent into evil and then redemption through his children.
Sao Feng as Jabba? I love it!
I can see how someone who thinks Tia is good is like Yoda. But I agree with you, she's more like the Emperor, pulling Vader's (davy's) strings, er, tentacles. I think in the first movie, Jack had the roles of Obi Wan Kenobi and Han Solo since he was basically introducing Will to a new world and sort of teaching him the basics.
Gibbs is kind of like Yoda too, just taller, and smellier, and more dramatic.
"Aye. Sea turtles!"

Chiki Mina
*pretends to know star wars*....*and smiles*

CaptinJackLover
lol ^DITTO!

willofthewisp
Aw, chiki, rent the movies! Now! They're really good and they're more character driven than a lot of people give them credit for being. Luke, Leia, and Han have a great trio going and all the supporting cast is great, plus Vader, best villain ever. Stop missing out! See it! I command you!

lovethemtigers
Yes, it is true...Han is a great character...I didn't say I didn't like him I just said compared to Jack...I just like Jack so much better...I don't spend half my life thinking about Han and how he got Leia...like I do with jack...and Pirates....I had to rewatch Star Wars the other day...for the first time since all this Pirate stuff has been going on...and it was interesting to see how the three characters in a way are a lot like the three in Pirates....one girl, two men...cept Star Wars Leia ends up being Luke's brother....so no way he could end up with her...but in the first movie made in 1977 - you don't know that...so you are not sure who she will end up...but just like all good romances...she and Han don't care much for each other in the beginning, although you can feel the chemistry oozing from them...same with Jack and Liz....they don't particular care about each other...well, Liz she is in awe of Jack til he takes her hostage then she calls him "dispicable" and he says "sticks and stones, love...i saved your life, you save mine, we're square." But you can feel the chemistry pulling these two together, too.

Han is a pirate of the STar Wars...isn't it great...I love when he teases Luke on the Millenium about Leia...."you think a girl like her and guy like me could ever..." and Luke cuts him off, "No". Great scene.....

And someone mentioned this on the World's End our take thread...can't see Jack actually saying the words "I love you" to Liz...just like Han never really says them to Leia..but you know he does...she says "I love you" and he says, "I know."......that's great too....maybe they'll be a great moment like that for Jack and Liz in POTC 3....oh I so hope....only problem...we know Will can't turn out to be Liz's brother...although we know nothing about Will and Liz's mothers...notice how the Mom's are missing in this trilogy..only Father's are present...weird...

lovethemtigers
Hey, maybe Liz and Will were twins separated at birth, LOL just kidding I don't really think that...just being funny...who knows Gov. Swann's wife may have had an affair with Bill Turner back in England....but i wonder how close in age Liz and Will are....I think at the beginning of POTC 1 they appear to be about 13 years old....then it picks up 8 years later..so that would make them 21....I wonder how old Jack is suppose to be...we know Johnny is 43, but actors always play roles of younger characters....look at Olivia Newton-John in the movie Grease. She's plays 17 year old Sandy when she was 30 years old!!!!!!! When I first saw Pirates I had no idea Keira was only 17 , I really thought she was about 22 or so....and of course, If I didn't know better I would think Jack was about 32ish.....he looks awesome for 43, doesn't he???

CaptinJackLover
yeah same here i always thought Keira was older than she really is. Its probably cuz she is just so beautiful it makes her look older. ANd chyeah! Johhny look damn fine for 43!!!!! big grin

willofthewisp
hee hee, great scene from star wars, when Luke cuts him off.

It's proven Will and Liz aren't relation, or else her blood would have worked.
Missing moms is very common in fairy tales and epics. It was usually women who told stories and it kind of created the idea that the storyteller was the missing mother and she's watching the kids (whoever) doing all this.

T.Maria
I'm liking the fact that even the CRITICS seem to think that jack and Elizabeth have more chemistry than Will and Elizabeth do smile
Makes my day !!smile

I too don't like to mix up my trilogies...i CAN see the little comparisons to a few of the characters...but the completely different stories take the characters on their own paths...

And your damn right Johnny Depp is looking good for 43!!
Schexy!! smile

Im 18, which is around the same age Keira was when she made the first film (or was it 17??) and i look alot younger than she does! ... she was about 15/16 in Dr Zchivago and she was doing sex scenes in that... and i thought she was alot older than me there too!
she must be that mature that she doesnt show her age....whic is a good thing lol

sailorleo
Originally posted by willofthewisp
I think if you talked to some Star Wars fans, they would argue that Star Wars has a lot of deeper meanings rooted in the movies, primarily the first three. Sure, it's about a big good/evil struggle, but Empire Strikes Back incorporates mind over matter, Eastern philosophy, temptation, redemption, etc. The theme of redemption is crucial to all the movies since they all are pretty much about Anakin and his descent into evil and then redemption through his children.
Sao Feng as Jabba? I love it!
I can see how someone who thinks Tia is good is like Yoda. But I agree with you, she's more like the Emperor, pulling Vader's (davy's) strings, er, tentacles. I think in the first movie, Jack had the roles of Obi Wan Kenobi and Han Solo since he was basically introducing Will to a new world and sort of teaching him the basics.
Gibbs is kind of like Yoda too, just taller, and smellier, and more dramatic.
"Aye. Sea turtles!" ..totally agree with you!

ivebeendepped43
JOHNNY DEPP IS THE SSEXXIEST MAN ALIVE!!! what, im sorry, i wasnt listening, i was thinking about Johnnypoo

CaptinJackLover
hahahahha ur soo funny

ivebeendepped43
i no, i was born that way

CaptinJackLover
hahahah funny funny

ivebeendepped43
i keep my friends in stitches

CaptinJackLover
lol

ivebeendepped43
u see? i am just a natural born comedian. maybe someday that will lead me to meeting Johnny!

CaptinJackLover
maybe...you never know....smile

ivebeendepped43
*packs bags* ok, im going to uh, comedian school, ill be backin about 4 years. bi!

CaptinJackLover
hahahha

sailorleo
hey guys i just flew in from KMC forums and BOY are my arms tired!!! lol... couldn't resist mate

Chiki Mina
damn i wasnt online for one single lousy day and look what i missed confused

CaptinJackLover
hahah yupp you missed ALOT!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.