wolverine vs Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

capt it up
Ko or kill is a win.

who wins this fight?

bigbran
Been done before.
Closing....

rotiart
Wolverine eventually chips away at Thing until he wins. Ben would never be able to put down wolverine, where as wolverine would just keep coming until the job is done.

Grimm22
One post here and thats it. Im not going to waste my life arguing with a persistant Wolverine fanboy who refuses to see the truth.

One word:

Thunderclap

bigbran
Originally posted by rotiart
Wolverine eventually chips away at Thing until he wins. Ben would never be able to put down wolverine, where as wolverine would just keep coming until the job is done. Just keep cumming, until the job is done... laughing laughing Happy Dance Happy Dance laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing sick Happy Dance

Jesse7
I agree with rotiart in the idea that current Wolverine would not be put down by anything the Thing can muster up without outside assistance or help, Wolverine will keep chipping Ben away untill he kills him.

capt it up

rotiart
Thing has thunderclapped before, but not on the level of hulk. its always had a smaller radius. Whether that's things choice or not... its up for debate i guess... but thing has done it... and good point about wolverine not being koed by a clap....

now a bfr.... thing tosses wolverine into orbit... what the hell would wolverine do. :P

Lucid Lui
1. http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3443/thingslash01wx3.jpg
2. http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8517/thingslash02tb9.jpg
3. http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/5267/thingslash03nl2.jpg

shifty

capt it up
Originally posted by rotiart
Thing has thunderclapped before, but not on the level of hulk. its always had a smaller radius. Whether that's things choice or not... its up for debate i guess... but thing has done it... and good point about wolverine not being koed by a clap....

now a bfr.... thing tosses wolverine into orbit... what the hell would wolverine do. :P

thanks
when has thing ever thrown any one into orbit?

also it far far more likly wolverine would kill thing before beeing thrown into orbit.

MightyEInherjar
Thing is faster in combat than Hulk, or so it's been said, and Wolvie isn't exactly the fastest of opponents Thing's gone up against. If the fight got long and boring, and the supposed uber healing factor is soaking every punch, Thing could always uppercut Wolverine so far away, that by the time Wolverine gets up and runs back, Thing will be long gone.

Thing 9/10, I never go 100% on anyone...most of the time.

capt it up

MightyEInherjar
Who has Thing fought faster than Logan? Are you serious? How about Gladiator, Savage Hulk, Dragon Man, Hercules, and so on. Thing's stood up to snuff with a lot more than difficult foes than Logan.

First, Logan does not possess any type of superhuman speed

Second, Logan does not possess any form of super strength

Third, What proof is there he'd take down the Thing in one hit?

Heh, that's funny, if he could do that, I wonder what happened here?
http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=logan12jz.jpg

jinzin
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
\First, Logan does not possess any type of superhuman speed
wrong...

http://x11.putfile.com/11/32117164844.gif

Second, Logan does not possess any form of super strength his strength is a non factor in this fight he has superhuman durability and his claws are an equilizer for the strength he lacks...

Third, What proof is there he'd take down the Thing in one hit? ummm confused

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=7211777

what's funny is that you wonder what happened there even though mr fantastic states ON PANEL that wolvie was already dazed... hmph...

Ricodrayz
Originally posted by jinzin

what's funny is that you wonder what happened there even though mr fantastic states ON PANEL that wolvie was already dazed... hmph... He doesn't read it, he just looks at the pictures laughing

capt it up
wrong...

http://x11.putfile.com/11/32117164844.gif

his strength is a non factor in this fight he has superhuman durability and his claws are an equilizer for the strength he lacks...

ummm confused

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=7211777

what's funny is that you wonder what happened there even though mr fantastic states ON PANEL that wolvie was already dazed... hmph...
dam you beat me too it

capt it up
Who has Thing fought faster than Logan? Are you serious? How about Gladiator, Savage Hulk, Dragon Man, Hercules, and so on. Thing's stood up to snuff with a lot more than difficult foes than Logan.

First, Logan does not possess any type of superhuman speed

Second, Logan does not possess any form of super strength

Third, What proof is there he'd take down the Thing in one hit?

jinzin has answered your question for me, but I also like to add a few things

thing fighting gladiator is PIS. Gladiator could speed blizt him and thing would never beable to react.

savage hulk reflexes and agility are no were near wolverines

hercules reflexes and agility are not on wolverines level

who the hell is dragon man?

also wolevrine has beaten hercules.

wolverine has taken savage hulk on.

X-Logan
Wolverine takes it 7/10. Logan is much faster, much better fighter and it has been proved that his adamantium claws can easily cut Thing's skin.

Soleran
Originally posted by X-Logan
Wolverine takes it 7/10. Logan is much faster, much better fighter and it has been proved that his adamantium claws can easily cut Thing's skin.

That sounds pretty fair however even a 6/10 in logans favor sounds fair. Logan can and has been knocked out by far less then Ben and thats all he has to do for a win here........................

golem370
Try this senario Thing and Wolverine is walking towards one another and start talking Wolverine calling Thing a pile of **** and Thing calling him inch high private eye and runt and Wolverine gets angry and jumps at Thing and with Things huge hands grabs Wolverine and slams him into the payment and while Wolverine is dazed he grabs Wolverine and punches him into a concrete wall then while Wolverine is humbled up against the wall here comes a man hole cover at about 100 miles an hour and K.O's Wolverine then while Wolverine is down Thing grabs the Man hole cover and repeatedly slams into Wolverine head. Then take a Taxi cab and wraps Wolverine in it binding his arms and hands and then sets it a blaze tell wolverine thats what you get messing with a former member of the Yancy Street Gang.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by capt it up
jinzin has answered your question for me, but I also like to add a few things

thing fighting gladiator is PIS. Gladiator could speed blizt him and thing would never beable to react.

savage hulk reflexes and agility are no were near wolverines

hercules reflexes and agility are not on wolverines level

who the hell is dragon man?

also wolevrine has beaten hercules.

wolverine has taken savage hulk on.

Do you think the idea of Gladiator and Wolverine fighting for six days straight is okay though?

Metalmanx
On topic...

Thing wins 8/10.

capt it up
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Do you think the idea of Gladiator and Wolverine fighting for six days straight is okay though?
no I dont and I have enevr said it was

capt it up
Originally posted by Metalmanx
On topic...

Thing wins 8/10.
why does thing win 8/10? can you even give a good reason for thing winning the majority?

Dinalfos
There's not much Wolverine can do. He's faster, but that's it. Although if Wolvie really went for the kill I suppose he could slash his ballsack.

capt it up
Originally posted by Dinalfos
There's not much Wolverine can do. He's faster, but that's it. Although if Wolvie really went for the kill I suppose he could slash his ballsack.
wolverine far faster
more agile
better reflex
a far better fighter.
wolverine has the means to take thing out in a single attack while thing on the other hand is not nearly that lucky.

wolverine has and can eailiy cut through thing so I don't get were your comming from that wolevrine could not do any thing.

Dinalfos
You're underestimating Thing. He's a better fighter than Wolverine is a speedster. Wolvie can play it smart and go for Ben's weak spots(his eyes, for example), but if he gives him one chance it's lights out for Wolvie.

And no, Wolverine can't take punches from Thing.

capt it up
You're underestimating Thing.
Not at all. You are the one doing the underestimating as always.

He's a better fighter than Wolverine is a speedster.
What does that have to do with any thing? Logan far more skilled then Ben and far faster he will be scoring the majority of the hits. Every one of Logans hits will go right through things hide.

Wolvie can play it smart and go for Ben's weak spots(his eyes, for example),
He would not need to go for the weak points. Wolverine can and has easily stab thing and does not need to go for any week points since his claws will easily cut through thing as seen below.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...;postid=7211777

but if he gives him one chance it's lights out for Wolvie.

And no, Wolverine can't take punches from Thing. \
Really now? That odd since wolverine has taken hits from thing and not been nocked out hell he taken hits from people stronger then thing as seen below when Sas attacked wolverine and as you can see wolverine is far from KOed
http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cheapshotke4.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=morecheapnessvy3.jpg

Also when hulk went rip on wolverine as you can, see Logan is again far from out of the fight.
http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smashfk5.jpg

Dinalfos
Not at all. You are the one doing the underestimating as always.

Right roll eyes (sarcastic)

The difference is minimal. Thing has good combat speed and enough durability to withstand his assaults. Remember, this is a fight without PIS. Wolverine can't put enough force behind his claws.

Where?

Please, that was total PIS. Both cases. Wolverine can't take punches like that. Period. He's been knocked out by far less than that, including a casual backhanding from Juggernaut. Hell, it was more like a lovetap.

capt it up

Jesse7
Gotta hand it to Cap it up here, Wolverine is highly underrated here on these forums as well as highly disliked.

I say Wolves 7-8/10

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Jesse7
Gotta hand it to Cap it up here, Wolverine is highly underrated here on these forums as well as highly disliked.

I say Wolves 7-8/10

I agree. Unless further evidence is provided on behalf of Ben, Wolverine's got this.

Tha C-Master
Gotta hand it to Cap it up here, Wolverine is highly underrated here on these forums This statement is SO wrong, that I am putting it in my profile. Congrats.

batdude123

I say Wolves 7-8/10

Highly underated!!!! eek!

I about pissed myself!!! hysterical

darthgoober
The fact that Wolverine can cut Thing may not be PIS, BUT the fact that Thing didn't thunderclap his ass IS. And while a single thuderclap might not take Wolverine out, repeated thunderclaps in rapid succession woluld daze Wolverine enough that Thing could literally pound Wolverine into the ground.

MightyEInherjar
Oh, I thought the great Wolverine was -never- dazed and that his healing factor would -always- compensate? If he was dazed from fighting before, he'll be dazed again from getting hit by an 85-tonner a couple times.

Hulk has reflexes no where near wolvierines? How about catching a tank shell? Or slaping Quicksilver out of the way? The average bullet leaving a handgun travels 1000 feet per second, and I'm pretty sure a shell leaving an 125mm tank cannon is going to be flying at considerably higher velocity.

Wolverine does NOT has superhuman speed.
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/w/wolverine.htm

Healing factor, claws, enhanced scences...that's it.

Logan fighting GREY Hulk? Thing's knocked around Grey Hulk plenty of times..

Dinalfos
I know I am right.

How is it minimal? Wolverine far quicker and more skilled.

The difference isn't THAT big.

Again, the difference isn't that big. Btw, dodging a laser does not equate to combat speed, because otherwise he would not be taking full punches. By forum standards, Wolverine is just a slightly enhanced human with an adamantium skeleton. I really doubt that's enough to put someone with Ben's toughness down.

It's PIS because it conflicts his power set. It's basically the same story with Captain America. They scale up and down.

Wolverine was enhanced by Apocalypse in that Hulk panel.

But why are you showing me that? Because those type of occurances are exactly what I'm talking about. Wolverine is made out to be a super god of durability, while he simply can't be. I would believe that he can heal from most attacks, but he really just can't survive such severe full on punishment from characters like Hulk, Sasquatch and Wendigo. Sure, Wolverine has been amped over the years, but the way they make him shrug off these attacks is just plain ridiculous. Even a calm, unsuspecting Hulk(still leaps and bounds ahead of Wolverine in durability and healing) has been knocked out by similar punishment from equally or more powerful guys.

I'm not saying he can't survive an encounter with these. Because he can. But when the punishment is direct and severe, he should at the very least be ko'd. This is based on the idea behind the Wolverine character.

Yes, it's upgraded. I keep thinking about the classic versions. My bad. But still, Hulk glanced him on their first meeting. Before you start moaning, staying conscious doesn't have a lot to do with healing. So it does count.

Also, what was the Daredevil incident about?

Healing factor or not, it has nothing to do with being kayoed. You can be kayoed without sustaining damage to your brain tissue. His natural durability was practically the same. And two full on punches proof that he can be easily knocked out.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
This statement is SO wrong, that I am putting it in my profile. Congrats.

I agree, that statemenet is in a leauge of its own. Very quoteable

ExtraMision5555

Again, the difference isn't that big. Btw, dodging a laser does not equate to combat speed, because otherwise he would not be taking full punches. By forum standards, Wolverine is just a slightly enhanced human with an adamantium skeleton. I really doubt that's enough to put someone with Ben's toughness down.

It's PIS because it conflicts his power set. It's basically the same story with Captain America. They scale up and down.

Wolverine was enhanced by Apocalypse in that Hulk panel.

But why are you showing me that? Because those type of occurances are exactly what I'm talking about. Wolverine is made out to be a super god of durability, while he simply can't be. I would believe that he can heal from most attacks, but he really just can't survive such severe full on punishment from characters like Hulk, Sasquatch and Wendigo. Sure, Wolverine has been amped over the years, but the way they make him shrug off these attacks is just plain ridiculous. Even a calm, unsuspecting Hulk(still leaps and bounds ahead of Wolverine in durability and healing) has been knocked out by similar punishment from equally or more powerful guys.

I'm not saying he can't survive an encounter with these. Because he can. But when the punishment is direct and severe, he should at the very least be ko'd. This is based on the idea behind the Wolverine character.

Yes, it's upgraded. I keep thinking about the classic versions. My bad. But still, Hulk glanced him on their first meeting. Before you start moaning, staying conscious doesn't have a lot to do with healing. So it does count.

Also, what was the Daredevil incident about?

Healing factor or not, it has nothing to do with being kayoed. You can be kayoed without sustaining damage to your brain tissue. His natural durability was practically the same. And two full on punches proof that he can be easily knocked out.

Good post, this is actually a good fight IMO

jinzin
Originally posted by golem370
Try this senario Thing and Wolverine is walking towards one another and start talking Wolverine calling Thing a pile of **** and Thing calling him inch high private eye and runt and Wolverine gets angry and jumps at Thing and with Things huge hands grabs Wolverine and slams him into the payment and while Wolverine is dazed he grabs Wolverine and punches him into a concrete wall then while Wolverine is humbled up against the wall here comes a man hole cover at about 100 miles an hour and K.O's Wolverine then while Wolverine is down Thing grabs the Man hole cover and repeatedly slams into Wolverine head. Then take a Taxi cab and wraps Wolverine in it binding his arms and hands and then sets it a blaze tell wolverine thats what you get messing with a former member of the Yancy Street Gang. so thing has to use plot devices like crazy then? and unheard of speed he's never had before? confused

jinzin
There's not much Wolverine can do. He's faster, but that's it. Although if Wolvie really went for the kill I suppose he could slash his ballsack. not much he can do? What the f**k?

chop off limbs, stab thing through, remove his face, stab his eyes, his heart, stab through the mouth.. etc etc etc....

he's faster, more agile, can take more damage hit for hit, a better fighter, more experienced, smarter, and has proven to have better reflexes... he's got all the tools he needs to down thing.. period.

Soljer
As much as I hate to admit it, there are plenty of people on these forums who are BOTH A) constantly OVER rated, and B) constantly underestimated. Usually the popular characters, too. Superman, Wolverine, Spiderman, Captain America, Silver Surfer, Thor, Batman etc.

There are three types of people when it comes to these characters;

1. The ones that support them no matter what, and will often over estimate their characters abilities to suit the thread.

2. The ones that dislike these characters either for their popularity, or because of the aforementioned group of people's constant OVER estimation, and will try to 'equalize' that with bashing, spite, hate, etc.

3. The group that is consciously aware of their own biases, and can see both sides of the argument.

Should Wolverine be able to be taken out by Daredevil? Should he be able to be one shotted by the Hulk? If so (to both questions), why has he been written as otherwise? And before the screaming of "PLOT!! PLOT!!!!" we must remember that PIS no longer really applies when the showings are repeated.

As I just mentioned in reply to another thread. You see, someone asked, "If Jarvis the butler is repeatedly written taking hits from the Juggernaut, should we just accept that as fact?"

And truly, the answer is yes. If Wolverine can get hit by the Hulk, over and over, and not get knocked out, then perhaps the Thing could not one-shot him either. Likewise, if Wolverine can be put down by a few nerve strikes, or some blows to the throat, perhaps skilled combatants (fighters at his skill level or higher) should be able to take him.

Don't call me a fanboy (for any character), don't call me a hater (likewise); I try to keep my personal biases out of debates. I acknowledge both that Wolverine has shown the skill to take out Shang Chi with minimal effort, AND I also can see that he is often depicted as retarded; his answer to everything being, "snikt."

I know that he has taken shots from class hundred characters, and got back up, I know that all he did was smile at Spiderman as Pete pounded away at him. But I also know that Wolverine has been knocked out by well placed nerve cluster strikes, or by bullets.

He isn't immortal, nor invincible, but neither is he Joe Blow, walking down the street.

He is BOTH incredibly over rated at times, and ridiculously under rated at times.

It's funny, I haven't even mentioned this particular thread in my post, but it doesn't matter. I don't really care about Wolverine versus Ben; really, people....stop letting your biases and personal feelings (vendettas?) for or against characters get in the way of common sense.

jinzin
You're underestimating Thing. He's a better fighter than Wolverine is a speedster. Wolvie can play it smart and go for Ben's weak spots(his eyes, for example), but if he gives him one chance it's lights out for Wolvie. why would wolverine go for things weaks spots when his claws go through thing's skin just fine? confused

And no, Wolverine can't take punches from Thing. wrong again... thing is on the same level of strength and durability as warpath... except.. warpath has better durability feats in some cases.... what happened when warpath hit wolverine? did wolverine get KOed? uhhh no.... warpath hurt his own damned hand actually... confused

and yeah ben's already punched logan several city blocks.. logan got right back up and in ben's face..

thing's hit logan with a huge pillar.. wolverine got right back up and stab him in the torso... you're being ridiculous.

jinzin
Please, that was total PIS. Both cases. Wolverine can't take punches like that. Period. He's been knocked out by far less than that, including a casual backhanding from Juggernaut. Hell, it was more like a lovetap.

actually that's a feat that's in the minority of his showings... the showings of him NOT KOed by people far stronger than thing ALONE heavily outwiegh the crap you're trying to pull...

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Soljer
As much as I hate to admit it, there are plenty of people on these forums who are BOTH A) constantly OVER rated, and B) constantly underestimated. Usually the popular characters, too. Superman, Wolverine, Spiderman, Captain America, Silver Surfer, Thor, Batman etc.

1. The ones that support them no matter what, and will often over estimate their characters abilities to suit the thread.

2. The ones that dislike these characters either for their popularity, or because of the aforementioned group of people's constant OVER estimation, and will try to 'equalize' that with bashing, spite, hate, etc.

3. The group that is consciously aware of their own biases, and can see both sides of the argument.

Should Wolverine be able to be taken out by Daredevil? Should he be able to be one shotted by the Hulk? If so (to both questions), why has he been written as otherwise? And before the screaming of "PLOT!! PLOT!!!!" we must remember that PIS no longer really applies when the showings are repeated.

As I just mentioned in reply to another thread. You see, someone asked, "If Jarvis the butler is repeatedly written taking hits from the Juggernaut, should we just accept that as fact?"

And truly, the answer is yes. If Wolverine can get hit by the Hulk, over and over, and not get knocked out, then perhaps the Thing could not one-shot him either. Likewise, if Wolverine can be put down by a few nerve strikes, or some blows to the throat, perhaps skilled combatants (fighters at his skill level or higher) should be able to take him.

Don't call me a fanboy (for any character), don't call me a hater (likewise); I try to keep my personal biases out of debates. I acknowledge both that Wolverine has shown the skill to take out Shang Chi with minimal effort, AND I also can see that he is often depicted as retarded; his answer to everything being, "snikt."

I know that he has taken shots from class hundred characters, and got back up, I know that all he did was smile at Spiderman as Pete pounded away at him. But I also know that Wolverine has been knocked out by well placed nerve cluster strikes, or by bullets.

He isn't immortal, nor invincible, but neither is he Joe Blow, walking down the street.

He is BOTH incredibly over rated at times, and ridiculously under rated at times.

It's funny, I haven't even mentioned this particular thread in my post, but it doesn't matter. I don't really care about Wolverine versus Ben; really, people....stop letting your biases and personal feelings (vendettas?) for or against characters get in the way of common sense. Good post but PIS is not contingent upon consistency, otherwise flash would be in bad shape.

darthgoober
Good post but PIS is not contingent upon consistency, otherwise flash would be in bad shape.
So would Superman. laughing

Dinalfos
why would wolverine go for things weaks spots when his claws go through thing's skin just fine? confused

wrong again... thing is on the same level of strength and durability as warpath... except.. warpath has better durability feats in some cases.... what happened when warpath hit wolverine? did wolverine get KOed? uhhh no.... warpath hurt his own damned hand actually... confused

and yeah ben's already punched logan several city blocks.. logan got right back up and in ben's face..

thing's hit logan with a huge pillar.. wolverine got right back up and stab him in the torso... you're being ridiculous.

Argh. Read my post. This is the stuff that I'm arguing.

Tha C-Master
Before this goes further, I'm curious what people are seeing this out of ten, I've known some people to argue one side but still think they lose, or it's a draw.

Dinalfos
actually that's a feat that's in the minority of his showings... the showings of him NOT KOed by people far stronger than thing ALONE heavily outwiegh the crap you're trying to pull...

Yes, they do. But do they MAKE SENSE? Ask yourself this question, because comic book physics and logic are not what we're going by. And we shouldn't.

Dinalfos

It's funny, I haven't even mentioned this particular thread in my post, but it doesn't matter. I don't really care about Wolverine versus Ben; really, people....stop letting your biases and personal feelings (vendettas?) for or against characters get in the way of common sense.

If this is aimed at me, I'm not biased in anyway. In fact, I love both characters pretty much equally.

jinzin

yes.. yes it is.. until thing is showcased dodging optic blasts and automatic gunfire like it's his dayjob.. then wolverine is faster...

until thing's showcased speedblitzing people faster than they can react, or then their eyes can trace, or their minds can follow... wolverine is faster...

until thing is displayed moving his hands so fast that he can dismantle skin tight body armor in as much time as it takes to say "a clean shave" then wolverine is faster....

Again, the difference isn't that big. Btw, dodging a laser does not equate to combat speed,

okay how about combat speed then... where does thing move this fast? I challenge you:

By forum standards, Wolverine is just a slightly enhanced human with an adamantium skeleton. I really doubt that's enough to put someone with Ben's toughness down. uhhhh no.. that's by YOUR standards... which are irrelivent here...

conflicts with his power set? What the f**k?

he has indestructable claws that were reconted to cut through hulks skin since his first appearance.... how the hell is thing more durable than hulk by your assessment? no expression

Wolverine was enhanced by Apocalypse in that Hulk panel. prove it.. give me ON PANEL evidence.. not just some half assed speculation...

But why are you showing me that? Because those type of occurances are exactly what I'm talking about. Wolverine is made out to be a super god of durability, while he simply can't be. I would believe that he can heal from most attacks, but he really just can't survive such severe full on punishment from characters like Hulk, Sasquatch and Wendigo. he's been doing it since his first appearances so I guess he can.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes, it's upgraded. I keep thinking about the classic versions. My bad. But still, Hulk glanced him on their first meeting. Before you start moaning, staying conscious doesn't have a lot to do with healing. So it does count. it counts sure... but it's a bad example.. considering the fact that wolverine got put out by gases strong enough to KO hulk... when he woke up hulk slammed him to the ground with earth shattering force and then punched him in the head when he wasn't lookin...

unless of course you think that you'de be just fine from getting slammed to the earth by hulk after recovering from a KO

Also, what was the Daredevil incident about? which one?

Healing factor or not, it has nothing to do with being kayoed. You can be kayoed without sustaining damage to your brain tissue. His natural durability was practically the same. And two full on punches proof that he can be easily knocked out. no it doesn't all it does is show that there's a CHANCE to KO wolverine with 3 punches backed by superhuman strength... but a CHANCE is all it means.. considering the amount of evidence that contradicts your one feat.

Creshosk
Yes, they do. But do they MAKE SENSE? Ask yourself this question, because comic book physics and logic are not what we're going by. And we shouldn't. Oh please subjectivly choosing what makes sense to listen to in comic book?

Like a ferral samurai and governemnt trained mutant from canada makes sense, or a radiation induced mutation that's beneficial makes sense...

You have to wheigh in what happens frequently enough to make sense of things..

jinzin
Argh. Read my post. This is the stuff that I'm arguing. and you're doing a pathetic job at arguing your points...

jinzin
Yes, they do. But do they MAKE SENSE? Ask yourself this question, because comic book physics and logic are not what we're going by. And we shouldn't. wrong it's a comic book forum so it infact IS what we're going by... otherwise thing isn't a rock monster he's just dead drifting in space.

jinzin
Before this goes further, I'm curious what people are seeing this out of ten, I've known some people to argue one side but still think they lose, or it's a draw.
ummm I'll say logan will take this about 7 to 8 out of ten....

possibly a 6/10 split with 2 draws thrown in there...

things best bet is to thunderclap... but that's contingent on how far apart they are when the fight starts.. we've seen wolverine cover a lot of ground before a man can even pull a trigger.. so unless they start a considerable distance away thing will have a touch time beating wolverine with thunderclaps...

If, however, things allowed to use lamp posts, and throw sections of earth at wolverine etc etc.. i could easily see him getting a high majority over logan.. but a win by plot device isn't what I'm debating here.

Soljer
If this is aimed at me, I'm not biased in anyway. In fact, I love both characters pretty much equally.

Yes, it's aimed at you. And Jinzin. And myself. And Creshok. And C-master, and Grimm, and Capt it up.

In short, it's aimed at the forum. EVERYONE needs to get over their preconceived notions of how they WANT characters to be; be that superior or inferior to their consistent showings.

Though, some are guilty of having their biases show more often than others.

Creshosk
Yes, it's aimed at you. And Jinzin. And myself. And Creshok. And C-master, and Grimm, and Capt it up.

In short, it's aimed at the forum. EVERYONE needs to get over their preconceived notions of how they WANT characters to be; be that superior or inferior to their consistent showings.

Though, some are guilty of having their biases show more often than others. Dude speaks the truth. And it is something I try to do.

Dinalfos
yes.. yes it is.. until thing is showcased dodging optic blasts and automatic gunfire like it's his dayjob.. then wolverine is faster...

until thing's showcased speedblitzing people faster than they can react, or then their eyes can trace, or their minds can follow... wolverine is faster...

Again, there's a difference between dodging lasers and fighting someone.

And Wolverine is not that fast. If he's really that fast, then why is still considered as a slightly enhanced human? If we go by his comic feats hen there's absolutely no way of telling how fast he really is. That would make his speed unusable in debates, because it's wildly fluctuating.

Wolverine is NOT that fast. But yes, he's faster than Thing. But combat does not always = combat.

Wrong.

conflicts with his power set? What the f**k?

Yes. Wolverine, physically speaking, no matter how you look at it, is a human with increased durability and a healing factor. Marvel's own words.

Again, if we are to go by his feats in deciding who would win in a hypothetical fight between certain characters, which feats are supposed to count?

They didn't go through his skin. The Hulk from the past didn't have a healing factor like he has now. He was just insanely durable.

Erroneous reasoning doesn't become correct just because it happens consequentially. I would like to stress that I accept Wolverine's more outrageous feats in comics because of suspension of disbelief. But that must be ignored in favour of reason in forum fights.

He also head-butted Hulk, causing a bloodbath. Hulk is several times more durable than Wolvie, yet this happens? Does that seem right to you? No.

Anyway, he was barely touched by that punch(because he rolled with it), so it really didn't matter at all that he wasn't looking.

So Wolverine can't be kayoed by class 100 characters, but the Hulk, at his base(still physically superior in every way) can?

Dinalfos
wrong it's a comic book forum so it infact IS what we're going by... otherwise thing isn't a rock monster he's just dead drifting in space.

Read the Captain vs. Spidey thread. MarvelPrince or what's his name wrote a good post about this.

Dinalfos
and you're doing a pathetic job at arguing your points...

Meh, **** it. I'm done with you already.

Dinalfos

Though, some are guilty of having their biases show more often than others.

Okay, agreed.

Creshosk
Again, there's a difference between dodging lasers and fighting someone. Marignally.. though I'd like to see you explain this one.

How is dodging one attack not like dodging another?

Prediction and moving out of the way isn't it?

And Wolverine is not that fast. If he's really that fast, then why is still considered as a slightly enhanced human? If we go by his comic feats hen there's absolutely no way of telling how fast he really is. That would make his speed unusable in debates, because it's wildly fluctuating.Or not... since there is a consistentcy.

Wolverine is NOT that fast. But yes, he's faster than Thing. He feferenced a specific event that happened...

But combat does not always = combat. Combat != combat?

How does that work?

Wrong. Oh so your opinion is better than the truth?

Yes. Wolverine, physically speaking, no matter how you look at it, is a human with increased durability and a healing factor. Marvel's own words. Actions speak louder than words, and Marvels actions (comics) contradict marvel's words. Frequently.

Again, if we are to go by his feats in deciding who would win in a hypothetical fight between certain characters, which feats are supposed to count? the consistent ones.

They didn't go through his skin. The Hulk from the past didn't have a healing factor like he has now. He was just insanely durable. Retconned.

Erroneous reasoning doesn't become correct just because it happens consequentially.That's actually what makes something a fact.. scientific process and consistency of action.

I would like to stress that I accept Wolverine's more outrageous feats in comics because of suspension of disbelief. But that must be ignored in favour of reason in forum fights. And what he does all the time as well?

Why choose only his low showings?

He also head-butted Hulk, causing a bloodbath. Hulk is several times more durable than Wolvie, yet this happens? Does that seem right to you? No. What you mean the adamantium skull?

Anyway, he was barely touched by that punch(because he rolled with it), so it really didn't matter at all that he wasn't looking. But we count circumstance that favors you and disregard noncircumstantial evidence?

So Wolverine can't be kayoed by class 100 characters, but the Hulk, at his base(still physically superior in every way) can? Hulk at his base rarely does.

Creshosk
This statement is SO wrong, that I am putting it in my profile. Congrats. Evidence is in the most hated character thread.

Wolverine is number 2... How can one of the most hated characters be overrated?

ExtraMision5555
This is random but that Scan of Death wolverine, im pertty sure he was infact being controled by APOC

Darth Martin
Thing ftw. Captain America can handle Logan.

Dinalfos
Originally posted by Creshosk
Marignally.. though I'd like to see you explain this one.

How is dodging one attack not like dodging another?

Prediction and moving out of the way isn't it?

Or not... since there is a consistentcy.

Because not all attacks are equal in size, proportion, movement, frequency, leverage etc. etc.

Wolverine seems to have more trouble dodging the Hulk than he has trouble dodging lasers and bullets.

Yes. But how fast is he going to be? Any numbers? Any indication?

What?

Never mind.

Yes, but the actions contradict each other as well. It's quite normal for that to happen though. But it does mean that not everything can be used.

which aren't all that consistent. Sometimes, Wolverine is actually portrayed as the character he is supposed to be: a peak human with excellent fighting skills, not some unbeatable demigod.

I must have missed this. Where?

Marvel's hierarchy of power is grounded in and based on real world hierarchy, albeit proportionally amplified. In other words: nothing changes. And when it does, it throws off the balance.

I don't. It's just that, unlike characters like Hulk and Thing, his lower showings DON'T conflict the character model and design. In fact, they embrace them. Apparently. Maybe accidentally, but they do.

Ofcourse, most of Wolverine's personal arcs are perfectly fine. But some patterns are and always will be ridiculous. Not that it matters..

He withstood worse. Wolverine can never be strong enough to make a head-butt like that count on someone like the Hulk. Adamantium or not. Now, if this was a speeding train made out of the stuff, then you would have a point.

Nah, just presenting my view.

Does what? K.o people? I was talking about BEING k.o'd.

Creshosk
Yes. But how fast is he going to be? Any numbers? Any indication? He pulled a samurai stunt. The person couldn't tell what was happening, and it was after a few seconds the body armor fell apart.

What?That's what I'm asking.

Yes, but the actions contradict each other as well. It's quite normal for that to happen though. But it does mean that not everything can be used. which is why we go for consistency over lower or high showings.

which aren't all that consistent. Sometimes, Wolverine is actually portrayed as the character he is supposed to be: a peak human with excellent fighting skills, not some unbeatable demigod.So if the consistent ones aren't consistent . . . what?

I must have missed this. Where? Wolverine was talking about how he thought he couldn't cut the hulk, and as it turned out it was just the hulk healling fast. I'm sure Jinzin has mentioned this.

Marvel's hierarchy of power is grounded in and based on real world hierarchy, What real world heiarchy?

albeit proportionally amplified. In other words: nothing changes. And when it does, it throws off the balance.Could you rephrase that in a non contradictory way?

I don't. What's funny is that you attempt to justify something that you "don't" do:

It's just that, unlike characters like Hulk and Thing, his lower showings DON'T conflict the character model and design. In fact, they embrace them. Apparently. Maybe accidentally, but they do. You mean the character design where he was envisioned with a real wolverine in mind and thus being able to go toe-to-toe with characters larger and stronger than himself (takeing a full force hit from collosus for example)? Or the redesign of where he is now?

Oh, I know.. the model and design you want to use rather than what's consistent....

Ofcourse, most of Wolverine's personal arcs are perfectly fine. But some patterns are and always will be ridiculous. Not that it matters.. Of course not, why use"most" of which is "prefectly fine" when the "low showings" are more suited to his "model"?

He withstood worse. Wolverine can never be strong enough to make a head-butt like that count on someone like the Hulk. Of course not, he was never designed to be a hulk antagonist.. never...

Adamantium or not. Now, if this was a speeding train made out of the stuff, then you would have a point. Or just a well placed blow to the sniffer... I wonder how many animals that's a sensitive spot on?

Nah, just presenting my view. as opposed to facts, evidence and going for the truth?

Does what? K.o people? I was talking about BEING k.o'd. Thanks for the clearification.

So then.. what was the name of that guy that took Hulk down in three shots? and what did he do to wolverine?

Dinalfos
He pulled a samurai stunt. The person couldn't tell what was happening, and it was after a few seconds the body armor fell apart.

He's not always that fast.

There's different types of combat, obviously.

That's the problem:

"which aren't all that consistent"

That suggests that I don't believe they were consistent to begin with. For every time he dodges a bullet, there's a time where he takes a punch in the gut from someone not as fast as a bullet.

You mean during the fight with Grey Hulk? Not necessarily a retcon, because he's a different incarnation altogether.

Every thinkable hierarchy. The impaired > the normal > the above normal > the gifted > etc. etc.

Everything in the Marvel Universe does adhere to the same basic rules and laws. That's why Wolverine can't always do what he does.

Not necessary. Just stop pretending that you don't understand.

Wolverine has high showings that DON'T defy logic. He has plenty of good, reasonable showings that are to be considered high for Wolvie. The absolute uber-feats is what makes him so hated.

Haha, funny. I meant classic Wolverine.

Of course roll eyes (sarcastic)

Because a lot of showings of Wolverine are within his possibilities. Simple as that. Yes, compared to his higher feats they are low, but that's okay. They suit the character. So yes, they're perfectly fine.

Uhm...Wolverine couldn't do jack shit to Hulk in their first meeting. He didn't stay a Hulk antagonist for very long, you know.....

The Hulk is as durable as an animal? Wrong. He had a Dog'o War(capable of crushing adamantium) biting his neck, yet it didn't do anything to him.

You're not going for the truth, mate.

It's not necessarily what they do to Wolverine. It can also be what they DIDN'T do. Spidey K.o'd Hulk, Spidey never K.o'd Wolverine(as far as I know). So Spidey should be able to k.o Wolverine, since he's been soundly defeated by Hulk. Daredevil pwned Wolverine who's had trouble with Captain A. who has pawned Daredevil.

Creshosk
He's not always that fast. He's pretty consistent about it.

There's different types of combat, obviously. Like fist to cuffs and martial arts and heavy arms combat?

That's the problem:

"which aren't all that consistent"

That suggests that I don't believe they were consistent to begin with. For every time he dodges a bullet, there's a time where he takes a punch in the gut from someone not as fast as a bullet. because dodging bullets is not dodging the bullets themselves. its predicting where the bullet is going to go and then getting out of the way in time, just being faster than the person and making them miss.

You mean during the fight with Grey Hulk? Not necessarily a retcon, because he's a different incarnation altogether.No during any fight in which he was unable to penetrate the skin. it was retconned to Hulk healing fast.

EOriginally posted by Dinalfos
Every thinkable hierarchy. The impaired > the normal > the above normal > the gifted > etc. etc.okay...

Everything in the Marvel Universe does adhere to the same basic rules and laws. That's why Wolverine can't always do what he does. Based on circumstances for the most part.

Not necessary. Just stop pretending that you don't understand. I understand that you contradicted yourself.

Based on that you are missing an argument since contradicting yourself is basically countering your own argument.

Wolverine has high showings that DON'T defy logic. He has plenty of good, reasonable showings that are to be considered high for Wolvie. The absolute uber-feats is what makes him so hated. I consider the uber ones to be the high, the range of consistant showings to be normal, and the low showings to be .. well low showings.

Haha, funny. I meant classic Wolverine. Where he was taking full force hits from Collosus? so how is taking hits from bricks outside of his power set if he was doing it in classic?

Because a lot of showings of Wolverine are within his possibilities. What you define to be within his possabilities which contradicts what you said about using the classic wolverine.

Simple as that. Yes, compared to his higher feats they are low, but that's okay. They suit the character. So yes, they're perfectly fine. in your conflicting veiws of the character....

Uhm...Wolverine couldn't do jack shit to Hulk in their first meeting. Retconned.

He didn't stay a Hulk antagonist for very long, you know.....Which explains why hulk still hates him and basically attacks him on site in his less inteligent incarnations... including grey hulk.

The Hulk is as durable as an animal? Wrong. He had a Dog'o War(capable of crushing adamantium) biting his neck, yet it didn't do anything to him. Yes, because the nose is the neck...

You're not going for the truth, mate. Not your subjective version of the truth. I'm using the data that's been presented. not what I want, like you already admitted to.

It's not necessarily what they do to Wolverine. It can also be what they DIDN'T do. Spidey K.o'd Hulk, Spidey never K.o'd Wolverine(as far as I know). So Spidey should be able to k.o Wolverine, since he's been soundly defeated by Hulk. See more conflicting veiws.

Hulk takes great hits... yet you can beleive that Spiderman can knock him out and (since you didn't mention it) without plot device.

There fore you beleive that based on Spiderman knocking out the hulk, Spiderman should be able to knock out Wolverine. Despite admitting that Spiderman has never done so . . . despite never ever doing it.

Daredevil pwned Wolverine who's had trouble with Captain A. who has pawned Daredevil. And? now suddenly fighting skill is being interchanged with strength?

Again dwelling on low showings of characters...

rotiart
I still say wouldn't doesn't CUT Thing to death... He chips away at him... and seeing as thing doesn't have anything remotely close to a half decent healing factor... he'll eventually be chipped away.

badabing
Ben one punches Logan like Namor did. no expression

*Runs away before Capt, Cresh and Jin go Ninja and track me down* shifty

Creshosk
Originally posted by badabing
Ben one punches Logan like Namor did. no expression

*Runs away before Capt, Cresh and Jin go Ninja and track me down* shifty *grabs badabing before he can step out the door.*

You're a very funny man.

*lets him go cause he can.*

badabing
*grabs badabing before he can step out the door.*

You're a very funny man.

*lets him go cause he can.*
eek! laughing

Tha C-Master

Though, some are guilty of having their biases show more often than others. Unless you are saying I'm a Wolverine fanboy (which is the most laughable and quotable thing I've heard in ages). You're going to have to show me these "preconceived notions", I call characters right down the line (despite me making fun of them), whether I like them or not. And I could really care less if the "integrity" of my character is being threatened, I have no need to follow and ***** about people insulting a character, in the end those are the biggest fanboys.

Wolverine is a mild superhuman with Peak human strength and speed, anyone with a decent amount of logic can see what is beyond the "suspension of disbelief" here.

Logan vs. DD: Logan wins about 8/10
Logan vs. Spiderman: Spiderman wins about 7-8/10
Logan vs. Cap: Logan should win about 6-7/10
Logan vs Most heavy hitters without PIS: Logan isn't doing so well. That includes Namor, I don't think Spiderman fares any better here.

I give reasons in all of my matches, and come to think of it I haven't actively debated against Wolverine in any threads since my return (only staying in Spiderman vs. Cap), like I said Wolverine is a great character, if written interesting enough and not taking hits from Drax the destroyer.

The one thing I hate is fanboys, I say it loud and proud. Read my signatures, quotes or whatever. And Logan fanboys have a bad rep because they've established it themselves. I've seen in my ridiculous amount of posts here things from Wolverine beating Iron Man by sneaking up on him, to Wolverine beating Metallo and Namor. Wolverine resisting the Phoenix, to Wolverine jumping 5 stories and walking through Cyke's blasts. The list goes on and on, oddly as much as I hate fanboys, I actually get ALONG with the Wolverine fanboys the most which I find ironic in itself. So unless you've been following my arguments more closely, (and not simply when I was goofing around), don't assume what I am or am not, because I am outspoken enough to defend myself. If I had such a "hatred" for something as silly as a comic book character, I would have said it.

Evidence is in the most hated character thread.

Evidence are in the debates here. People think Spiderman loses the majority to Cap, when he has stealth mode. no expression They then go on to say Wolverine beats guys like Godzilla, Metallo, Iron man, (why am I even doing this again?)

Wolverine is number 2... How can one of the most hated characters be overrated? Like said before, people just hate his fanboys. Paris Hilton is overrated, and alot of people can't stand it simply because of that fact. Anyone who says Wolverine is underrated in this forum after reading some of these ridiculous posts (not necessarily in this thread), they are just trying to not see it.

Creshosk
Unless you are saying I'm a Wolverine fanboy (which is the most laughable and quotable thing I've heard in ages). You're going to have to show me these "preconceived notions", I call characters right down the line (despite me making fun of them), whether I like them or not. And I could really care less if the "integrity" of my character is being threatened, I have no need to follow and ***** about people insulting a character, in the end those are the biggest fanboys.

Wolverine is a mild superhuman with Peak human strength and speed, anyone with a decent amount of logic can see what is beyond the "suspension of disbelief" here.

Logan vs. DD: Logan wins about 8/10
Logan vs. Spiderman: Spiderman wins about 7-8/10
Logan vs. Cap: Logan should win about 6-7/10
Logan vs Most heavy hitters without PIS: Logan isn't doing so well. That includes Namor, I don't think Spiderman fares any better here.

I give reasons in all of my matches, and come to think of it I haven't actively debated against Wolverine in any threads since my return (only staying in Spiderman vs. Cap), like I said Wolverine is a great character, if written interesting enough and not taking hits from Drax the destroyer.

The one thing I hate is fanboys, I say it loud and proud. Read my signatures, quotes or whatever. And Logan fanboys have a bad rep because they've established it themselves. I've seen in my ridiculous amount of posts here things from Wolverine beating Iron Man by sneaking up on him, to Wolverine beating Metallo and Namor. Wolverine resisting the Phoenix, to Wolverine jumping 5 stories and walking through Cyke's blasts. The list goes on and on, oddly as much as I hate fanboys, I actually get ALONG with the Wolverine fanboys the most which I find ironic in itself. So unless you've been following my arguments more closely, (and not simply when I was goofing around), don't assume what I am or am not, because I am outspoken enough to defend myself. If I had such a "hatred" for something as silly as a comic book character, I would have said it.

Evidence are in the debates here. People think Spiderman loses the majority to Cap, when he has stealth mode. no expression They then go on to say Wolverine beats guys like Godzilla, Metallo, Iron man, (why am I even doing this again?)

Like said before, people just hate his fanboys. Paris Hilton is overrated, and alot of people can't stand it simply because of that fact. Anyone who says Wolverine is underrated in this forum after reading some of these ridiculous posts (not necessarily in this thread), they are just trying to not see it. And the missing the point award goes to. . .

Tha C-Master
And the missing the point award goes to. . . And the proving my point award goes to...

Creshosk
And the proving my point award goes to... Not me, because once again your point goes unproven. A thread was made, a poll was taken. Superman is the most hated character, Wolverine is the second most.

Tha C-Master
First off, if you are talking in regards to soljer I agree with him, I just hate when people say I am out for a character's blood. That's soo wrong, I'm in reality after fanboy's blood, and that's only when they get annoying enough.

Not me, because once again your point goes unproven. Because it's proof you don't like, ask just about any person why they "hate" Wolverine on this forum, and they'll go, "because of the fanboys".

You however won't accept the fact that he is overrated by what people want him to do. Your correlation is invalid.

A thread was made, a poll was taken. Superman is the most hated character, Wolverine is the second most. It didn't start out that way until some serious modifications were made.

Creshosk
First off, if you are talking in regards to soljer I agree with him, I just hate when people say I am out for a character's blood. That's soo wrong, I'm in reality after fanboy's blood, and that's only when they get annoying enough.

Because it's proof you don't like, ask just about any person why they "hate" Wolverine on this forum, and they'll go, "because of the fanboys". Doesn't matter why. Fact is he is.

You however won't accept the fact that he is overrated by what people want him to do. Your correlation is invalid.My correlation is invalid because I won't accept invalid claims?

Sorry, doesn't work that way.

It didn't start out that way until some serious modifications were made. And?

He still got ranked second most hated character. Not Spiderman, not Namor, not thing...

Tha C-Master
Doesn't matter why. Fact is he is. That's why I said he was hated, and that fact is correct, only seeing what you want to see simply proves my point more. My point was that he was overrated, and yours is that he's hated. Two different points. Honestly in terms of hating a character because they hate that character, Jubilee gets that reward. Wolverine is not the most hated in a full scale view (not just this forum).

My correlation is invalid because I won't accept invalid claims? Your coorelation was, "if a character has people saying they hate him on a joke thread, then I can use it as evidence when people say he is overrated to prove to defend Wolverine when I feel he is threatened."

So my claim is invalid because I won't submit to your bitching about the character's integrity or value to the forum in the first place? Don't think so.

Sorry, doesn't work that way. Because you don't want it to.

And?

He still got ranked second most hated character. Not Spiderman, not Namor, not thing... This means Superman is underrated too, I see a positive coorelation with overrated characters and why people hate them.

The sad part is you are such a hypocrite, seeing how you moan about ad populem and all, discarding it for supported evidence. This argument will just get circular with you anyways seeing as you enjoy this deep down. I need to get work done though, so enjoy your filibuster.

Creshosk
That's why I said he was hated, and that fact is correct, only seeing what you want to see simply proves my point more. My point was that he was overrated, and yours is that he's hated. Two different points.

Your coorelation was, "if a character has people saying they hate him on a joke thread, then I can use it as evidence when people say he is overrated to prove to defend Wolverine when I feel he is threatened."That would be a strawman. wink Not my words.

So my claim is invalid because I won't submit to your bitching about the character's integrity or value to the forum in the first place? Don't think so. So do you want to be the pot this time? or the kettle? Cause it really doesn't matter to me.

Because you don't want it to.Because it doesn't.

This means Superman is underrated too, I see a positive coorelation with overrated characters and why people hate them.Yeah too bad it's invalid.

The sad part is you are such a hypocrite, seeing how you moan about ad populem and all, discarding it for supported evidence. This argument will just get circular with you anyways seeing as you enjoy this deep down. I need to get work done though, so enjoy. Again, you want to be the pot? Fine by me.

Tha C-Master
I like how he just called his own proof invalid. smile

Either ways, on topic, in this matchup I see Ben winning about 7/10 on an average day, more if he's all out trying to defeat Logan.

Creshosk
Thought you said you were leaving? Was that a lie?

I like how he just called his own proof invalid. Ooh, another strawman. nice.

Tha C-Master
Thought you said you were leaving? Was that a lie? No, I was on MSN with a friend, and I realized I had to post in my RP as I had promised to do so. Sure seemed rushed to get me out of here, it's ok I understand. My other post was in regards to the match.

Ooh, another strawman. nice. Pay attention, the positive coorelation was in the thread I was talking about, and you called it invalid, covertly saying the thread was invalid without realizing it. You never answered my question about Superman nor do I think you intend to, you will just keep saying those odd words like "strawman" and "pot to the kettle" like you always do when you run out of points.

Maybe you should read what's there and not interpret what you want.

*waits for it*

Night.

Omega-level
One punch and Logan is down.

Creshosk
No, I was on MSN with a friend, and I realized I had to post in my RP as I had promised to do so. Sure seemed rushed to get me out of here, it's ok I understand. My other post was in regards to the match.I know, but these matches have been done so many times.. and I don't know who wins in this specific match.

Pay attention, the positive coorelation was in the thread I was talking about, and you called it invalid, covertly saying the thread was invalid without realizing it.calling a coorelation invalid in a thread isn't the same as calling the thread invalid.

You never answered my question about Superman nor do I think you intend to, you will just keep saying those odd words like "strawman" and "pot to the kettle" like you always do when you run out of points.If you understood what those "odd words" meant you'd understand exactly the point I was making. rolling on floor laughing

Maybe you should read what's there and not interpret what you want.Don't dispense advice you don't follow.

*waits for it*

Night. Yeah see you when you return to post in this thread. . .again. . .

Creshosk
Originally posted by Omega-level
One punch and Logan is down. And C-master wonders why I say that wolverine is not overrated.

He's underrated at times, and there is an animosity towards the character, so any attempt to fix the underrating is seen to be fanboyism...

So as such even if I attempt to point out how your conclusion is invalid you wouldn't accept such an action.

badabing
I know, but these matches have been done so many times.. and I don't know who wins in this specific match. Originally posted by Creshosk
He's underrated at times, and there is an animosity towards the character, so any attempt to fix the underrating is seen to be fanboyism...
Creshosk, you are actually fair. Ugh, I feel nauseated now. sick

stick out tongue

Creshosk
Originally posted by badabing
Creshosk, you are actually fair. Ugh, I feel nauseated now. sick

stick out tongue Your approval fills me with shame...

...is a funny line from order of the stick. I don't really have anything to say, but wanted to acknowledge that I saw what you said.

capt it up
How thing going to win the majority?

thing can not KO Logan in a hit. Logan can KILL thing in a single hit if he hits a vital.

Wolverine has far superior reflexes

Wolverine has far superior agility.

Wolverine is far quicker.

Wolverines far more skilled.

wolverine can take thing htis better then thing can take logans hits.

People keep assumeing thing can one hit Logan when evdience after evidence says he can't. Also why do you all assume Thing the one who more likly to get the one hit when his opponet is the superior fighter and faster.

xmarksthespot
So do you want to be the pot this time? or the kettle?"You can be the pot and kettle all by yourself from now on, biatch!"

darthgoober
Here's how I see this fight going down if there's no PIS involved.
The Two square off, Wolverine moves to close the gap between them- *Thunderclap*, Wolverine is staggered but in otherwise good condition, *Thunderclap* *Thunderclap*- now Wolverine is dazed and clutching his ears and starts to move again as soon as his eardrums start to heal, *Thunderclap* *Thunderclap* *Thunderclap* *Thunderclap* *Thunderclap* *Thunderclap* *Thunderclap* *Thunderclap* *Thunderclap* *Thunderclap* *Thunderclap* *Thunderclap* *Thunderclap* *Thunderclap* *Thunderclap* *Thunderclap*. Now Wolverine is on the ground clutching his head and struggling to regain his composure, before he can the Thing grabs him by the ankles and swings him in a sledgehammer motion towards the ground, slamming his head repeatedly into the pavement, after a half hour or so of this, the Thing releases Wolverines ankles and Wolverine slumps to the ground in a bloody heap, alive but KO'ed. This is of course assuming that he wouldn't be KO'ed by the rapid succession of thunderclaps(which I think would be the case, but I'm trying to give Wolverine as much credit as is reasonably possible).

Horrificus
Wolverine can't do anythinbg if Ben peels the muscle off of his arms, and yanks his guts out.
Then, sits around smoking a cigar, waiting for the healing thingy to start putting him back together, only to peal and yank again.
Just my take on things.

Creshosk
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
"You can be the pot and kettle all by yourself from now on, biatch!" I'm glad that someone gets my vauge little references.

capt it up

capt it up
Originally posted by Horrificus
Wolverine can't do anythinbg if Ben peels the muscle off of his arms, and yanks his guts out.
Then, sits around smoking a cigar, waiting for the healing thingy to start putting him back together, only to peal and yank again.
Just my take on things.
how is ben to do this to a more skilled and fast opponet?

golem370
so thing has to use plot devices like crazy then? and unheard of speed he's never had before? confused

What plot devices this is a fight. He is using his surroundings in the fight and Wolverine is not the most cerebral fighter he is a feral type where as Thing is a smart fighter.

golem370
I still like this story

Try this senario Thing and Wolverine is walking towards one another and start talking Wolverine calling Thing a pile of **** and Thing calling him inch high private eye and runt and Wolverine gets angry and jumps at Thing and with Things huge hands grabs Wolverine and slams him into the payment and while Wolverine is dazed he grabs Wolverine and punches him into a concrete wall then while Wolverine is humbled up against the wall here comes a man hole cover at about 100 miles an hour and K.O's Wolverine then while Wolverine is down Thing grabs the Man hole cover and repeatedly slams into Wolverine head. Then take a Taxi cab and wraps Wolverine in it binding his arms and hands and then sets it a blaze tell wolverine thats what you get messing with a former member of the Yancy Street Gang.

darthgoober

capt it up
Originally posted by darthgoober
I know that Thing doesn't thunderclap multiple times, he doesn't for the same reason that Flash and Superman don't speed blitz EVERY opponent, PIS. If Wolverine outclasses Thing by as much as you say, and both of them are fighting to the best of their ability, then it would be STUPID for Thing to let Wolverine to get in close, especially if he is as vulnerable as you say to Wolverine's claws.
Also, in the scan of Thing's face after Wolverine slashed him, if you look at the panel where that happens, it says that Wolverine let loose with the full ferociousness of his claws(or something to that effect), now notice that Wolverine going all out did not cut the top of Things head off, it just cut (admittedly large) slashes across his face. That means that while WOLVERINE CAN cut into BEN, it's a lot more difficult than some people are making it out to be. Also, Wolverine isn't known for going all out on other heroes unless he's rally on a mad or has a really good reason, so for him to do so in this fight would just as much out of character as Bens multiple thuderclaps for this fight.
not a t all since this fights to the death. thing would not think about multi claping becuase he never does it while wolverine on the other hand kills people all the time. thing is willing to kill in this fight as well, but again being willing to kill is a lot different then just randomly using an attack you never use. Also as I already proved the thunder clap would be useless any ways and it just get thing killed.

also wolverien cut through thing easiliy as seen below
http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wt3mx.jpg

do you notice wolverine has no problem stabbing right through thing.

capt it up
Originally posted by golem370
I still like this story

again with a useless story that woul dnever happen.
wolverine the faster opponet is not going to be hit by thing first. wolverine out classes thign in combat speed and will get many stabbs in before he is hit.
you also seem not to understand that using out side object such as a man hole is a plot device. thing in an areana fight will only have his own body and nuthing elese to aid him.
You do understand wolverine is the superior fighter? wolverine tactical skills and fighting skills are levels over things.
also can you stop with the stores and uses actaully fact instead of making up a bunch of garbage.

darthgoober
Thing doesn't do it BECAUSE he doesn't want to really hurt anybody if he doesn't have to. But if he knows that it IS a fight to the death, and he has no chance of winning otherwise, then what's to stop him? Especially if they are both fighting to the best of their ability. And Wolverine, being completely unphased by Hulk's Thunderclap is BS, Hulk thunderclaps with far more force than Spiderman punches, and Wolverine HAS been affected by those before. He may not have been KO'ed by them, but they did at least knock him down.

rotiart
Wolverine is going to get affected by Thunderclaps... but Ben despite having immense durability and strength... does not have "unlimited" eventually he could tire..

Current wolverien with Adamantium "beta" with is ... he has the benefites of boneclaww healing factor and durability of metal skeleton...

is gonna smack thing. seriously.

capt it up
Thing doesn't do it BECAUSE he doesn't want to really hurt anybody if he doesn't have to. But if he knows that it IS a fight to the death, and he has no chance of winning otherwise, then what's to stop him? Especially if they are both fighting to the best of their ability. And Wolverine, being completely unphased by Hulk's Thunderclap is BS, Hulk thunderclaps with far more force than Spiderman punches, and Wolverine HAS been affected by those before. He may not have been KO'ed by them, but they did at least knock him down.
a thunder clap force means nuthing it what it does to your ears which matter little to a man who heals instantly.

That not BS at all there was no reason for the thunder clap to hurt him becuase it not physical damage so much as vibrations damaging ear drums. again what have you been reading that shows spiderman punches doing any real damage to logan.

Thing does not use thunder clap not ebcuase it hruts people but becuase he does not think about using it. Thing is all about fighting fist to fist. If thing new he was gunan die he still fight fist to fist to see who was the better. Hell thing enevr uses thunder clap on hulk and thing knows hulk will win. also who says thing thinks wolverine will win? thing never backs down from any one you are trying to give a new personality to a character that has never shown the type of personality you are givng him.
Thing is not scared of death he will fight that way he always fights to the bitter end and would not change his whole wait of fighting just becuase it's a death match. also things punches>>>>>>>>>>>things thunder clap.

you need to find a better angle. thunder claps don't work and thing does not use them. You should try some thing else becuase this is just getting boring

capt it up

darthgoober
a thunder clap force means nuthing it what it does to your ears which matter little to a man who heals instantly.

That not BS at all there was no reason for the thunder clap to hurt him becuase it not physical damage so much as vibrations damaging ear drums. again what have you been reading that shows spiderman punches doing any real damage to logan.

Thing does not use thunder clap not ebcuase it hruts people but becuase he does not think about using it. Thing is all about fighting fist to fist. If thing new he was gunan die he still fight fist to fist to see who was the better. Hell thing enevr uses thunder clap on hulk and thing knows hulk will win. also who says thing thinks wolverine will win? thing never backs down from any one you are trying to give a new personality to a character that has never shown the type of personality you are givng him.
Thing is not scared of death he will fight that way he always fights to the bitter end and would not change his whole wait of fighting just becuase it's a death match. also things punches>>>>>>>>>>>things thunder clap.

you need to find a better angle. thunder claps don't work and thing does not use them. You should try some thing else becuase this is just getting boring
Wait, thunderclaps don't do physical damage, then what's with the crater that Hulk and Wolverine are standing in?
And you yourself have admitted that Thing HAS thunderclapped before(even if it was only once or twice in the last 40 years), so he would think about it, if they're both fighting to the best of their ability.

From what you're saying, you've set the parameters of this fight so that Wolverine will do what ever it takes to win(including kill), but the Thing is just going to stand there like an idiot, and NOT do anything that could enable a victory on his part. So if those are the parameters of the fight then absolutely, Wolverine 10/10, how could it not be? Of course in that case, this is obviously a spite thread and should be closed, seeing as how you've set it up so that Thing can't possibly win.

capt it up
Wait, thunderclaps don't do physical damage, then what's with the crater that Hulk and Wolverine are standing in?
Yes it does physical damage, but again the attacks focus is to do damage to the ear drums not outer damage.

And you yourself have admitted that Thing HAS thunderclapped before(even if it was only once or twice in the last 40 years), so he would think about it, if they're both fighting to the best of their ability.
Think of all the things, thing has done over the last 44 years. If he only done it twice in the last 44 years he is not likely to think about doing a thunder clap since he done many other things over the year many more times.

From what you're saying, you've set the parameters of this fight so that Wolverine will do what ever it takes to win(including kill), but the Thing is just going to stand there like an idiot,
What the hell are you talking about. Both are willing to kill. All I am saying is that thing is not likely to think of thunder clap since he never does it. Wolverine has taken of his coat before and wrapped it around peoples eyes in combat before, but that does not mean he will do it in a forum battle. Wolverine has kicked dirt in peoples faces while fighting and again in a forum battle that would not be likely for wolverine to do it since he only done it a few times.

and NOT do anything that could enable a victory on his part.
What are you on about. All I said was thing would not likely sue a thunder clap and even less likely to do it repeatedly. Our only argument has been thunder clap because you have nothing else and as I have already proven thunder clap will not win thing that battle becuase it will not work.

So if those are the parameters of the fight then absolutely, Wolverine 10/10, how could it not be?
What parameter for the fight? The one thing you sued was thunder clap which was proven not to work. It not even a likely thing that thing would try yet that the only thing you have been able to argue. Oh by the way I give it 8/10 wolverine. Thing will take some wins.

Of course in that case, this is obviously a spite thread and should be closed, seeing as how you've set it up so that Thing can't possibly win.
He can you just have no good arguments. Your only argument is a thunder clap which thing never uses and is proven not to work on Logan

darthgoober
You know the funny thing is, that for all your talk about how Wolverine can shake off hits from 100+ people like they're nothing, he will always have this hanging over his head. laughing out loud

darthgoober
See that unconsious guy at the bottem of the page, THAT'S Wolverine.

darthgoober
And buy the way, Pip's somewhere in Spiderman's strength catagory.

xmarksthespot
I'm glad that someone gets my vauge little references. I'm a veritable cornucopia of cultural minutiae.

bigbran
It's peak humanshifty vs almost 100 tons....

capt it up
See that unconsious guy at the bottem of the page, THAT'S Wolverine.
every one has low end feats, but wolverine has far far more feats of taken hits from class 100 and being fine. So seeing how wolevrien constant feats shows other wise yoru picture still emans squat and oh by the way wolverine was not knocked out he was up on the next pannel hell in that pannel he getting up, but nice try. Showing just a piece of a comic and trying to lie to some one who read the comic is not such a good idea

capt it up
Originally posted by bigbran
It's peak humanshifty vs almost 100 tons....
wolverine superhuman not peakhuman, oh and by the way strength is not every thign in a fight

bigbran
wolverine superhuman not peakhuman, oh and by the way strength is not every thign in a fight You mean peak humanshifty

Oh and how do you explain Hulk's wins, if strength isn't everything in a fight?

capt it up
You mean peak humanshifty

Oh and how do you explain Hulk's wins, if strength isn't everything in a fight?
NO I mean superhuman.

hulk wins becuase his strength is amazing and keeps increasing, he amazling durable and has a healing factor. no one wins on strength a lone,

bigbran
NO I mean superhuman.

hulk wins becuase his strength is amazing and keeps increasing, he amazling durable and has a healing factor. no one wins on strength a lone, I know it isn't everything.
But also, that is all Hulk has is the things you just said.
Sure he might have others, but they don't really help him in a fight.
He's fast, but he doesn't use it in a fight.
Hulk wins too much on just Strength, duribilty, and hf. He doesn't have fighting skills, super agility.

capt it up
I know it isn't everything.
But also, that is all Hulk has is the things you just said.
Sure he might have others, but they don't really help him in a fight.
He's fast, but he doesn't use it in a fight.
Hulk wins too much on just Strength, duribilty, and hf. He doesn't have fighting skills, super agility.
yes but see hulk can take prittyy much any thing any one can deal out.
this how ever is not true for thing. if thing had a healing factor this fight would, be a much different battle but saddly he does not and thats why he loses.

bigbran
yes but see hulk can take prittyy much any thing any one can deal out.
this how ever is not true for thing. if thing had a healing factor this fight would, be a much different battle but saddly he does not and thats why he loses. He could go roll around in gravel. shifty

darthgoober
every one has low end feats, but wolverine has far far more feats of taken hits from class 100 and being fine. So seeing how wolevrien constant feats shows other wise yoru picture still emans squat and oh by the way wolverine was not knocked out he was up on the next pannel hell in that pannel he getting up, but nice try. Showing just a piece of a comic and trying to lie to some one who read the comic is not such a good idea
Wait a second, that picture comes from the Infinity War #4, and it NEVER has Wolverine conscious again until they are on Galactus's ship. Now if you can post a scan of him up and around before that from one of the side books, I'll admit that I'm wrong about him being KO'ed, because I haven't seen all of those. But if you do that you should show how he WAS taken out, because he's not among the last people to face off agaist the Infinity Watch.

capt it up
Wait a second, that picture comes from the Infinity War #4, and it NEVER has Wolverine conscious again until they are on Galactus's ship. Now if you can post a scan of him up and around before that from one of the side books, I'll admit that I'm wrong about him being KO'ed, because I haven't seen all of those. But if you do that you should show how he WAS taken out, because he's not among the last people to face off agaist the Infinity Watch.
I can't at the moment since there in storage, but when I find the time I will get the issue and post it.

either way it does not matter, because that is an extremely low end feat of wolverines and there are many many other feats that rove that should not have happened.

I also like to mention Thing got knocked around before by black panther which is a low end feat for thing. every one has low end feats to try and use them as evdence ina forum battle is not a good idea since you are supose to use the character at there best, or at least what there more constantly shown to do.

bigbran
I can't at the moment since there in storage, but when I find the time I will get the issue and post it.

either way it does not matter, because that is an extremely low end feat of wolverines and there are many many other feats that rove that should not have happened.

I also like to mention Thing got knocked around before by black panther which is a low end feat for thing. every one has low end feats to try and use them as evdence ina forum battle is not a good idea since you are supose to use the character at there best, or at least what there more constantly shown to do. Like Thanos being stabbed by Wolverine, right?

capt it up
I would also liek to add. a knocked out person can not keep there body up and as you can see from the scann you posted if logan was knockd out that he be flat on the ground not holding him self up with his arms.

capt it up
Like Thanos being stabbed by Wolverine, right?
dude why do you always say that your a freaken broken record. no one talking about thanos nor do they give a **** about thanos. I did not say Logan stabbing thanos should be allowed, but any ways why are you bringing it up

darthgoober
Hey, your the one that's always saying that there's NO WAY someone of that strength catagory can hurt Wolverine, I was just showing an example of how it WAS possible. But if you ever do get that scan, just let me know, as it is, we'll just have to agree to disagree about how a fight would go down, because we simply DON'T agree.

bigbran
dude why do you always say that your a freaken broken record. no one talking about thanos nor do they give a **** about thanos. I did not say Logan stabbing thanos should be allowed, but any ways why are you bringing it up Because, it was an extremely low showing for Thanos.
And I like to bring it up when your around. evil face

capt it up
Hey, your the one that's always saying that there's NO WAY someone of that strength catagory can hurt Wolverine, I was just showing an example of how it WAS possible. But if you ever do get that scan, just let me know, as it is, we'll just have to agree to disagree about how a fight would go down, because we simply DON'T agree.
k

I never said can't hurt wolverine it would just take constant pounding for them to get a ko that all.( im talking spiderman level guys)

capt it up
Because, it was an extremely low showing for Thanos.
And I like to bring it up when your around. evil face
yes you really do lol.

not really that low of a showing adamatium claws should go through most any one.

darthgoober
I would also liek to add. a knocked out person can not keep there body up and as you can see from the scann you posted if logan was knockd out that he be flat on the ground not holding him self up with his arms.
That would make sense if the ground was flat, but it's not. And sense you can't really see what his arms are doing, it all comes down to interpretation. And I interpret it as Wolverine being knock the F*CK OUT. At least until you provide those scans at which point I will be more than willing to retract that statement.

bigbran
yes you really do lol.

not really that low of a showing adamatium claws should go through most any one. He had the IG no expression
And his duribility is way over Hulk. Plus he also has armour, that has taken direct blows by Odin without any damage. And it took Gungir to actually do anything to Thanos, and it only cracked his armour.

He also did it with bone claws. no expression

jinzin
Like Thanos being stabbed by Wolverine, right?

again I fail to see what the problem is here..

wolverine has shredded through

hulk
namor
hercules
thing
organic steel
silver surfer
king thor
abomination
etc etc etc

but he can't thrust his full body weight to into a gore on thanos?

jinzin
He had the IG no expression
And his duribility is way over Hulk. Plus he also has armour, that has taken direct blows by Odin without any damage. And it took Gungir to actually do anything to Thanos, and it only cracked his armour.

burte force isn't equivolent to cutting effeciency.. hulks blows don't do much to thing's hide.. wolvie's claws do...

capt it up
He had the IG no expression

no he did it with adamatium claws

xmarksthespot

hulk
namor
hercules
thing
organic steel
silver surfer
king thor
abomination
etc etc etc

but he can't thrust his full body weight to into a gore on thanos? http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9821/thanos8da7.jpg vs diminutive Canadian mutant with claws.

bigbran

hulk
namor
hercules
thing
organic steel
silver surfer
king thor
abomination
etc etc etc

but he can't thrust his full body weight to into a gore on thanos? Again Thanos is more duribile, than any of them. King Thor hasn't proved his duribilty. Even beating Hulk and Thing with one arm, wasn't that good of a feat.
But if you want to say he could cut him, I'll throw some duribilty feats around.
This is what happens when Surfer attacks Thanos.(Keep in mind, this was early in Thanos's career.)
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/920/imq7v5pw6.th.jpg
The same attack, that knocked Mangog back.( I didn't have imageshack, back then, so I had to make it smaller.)
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9930/ae3c9thorvj3.th.jpg
Thanos gets trapped in a black hole.
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/14/thanossurviveblackhole9nsqf5.th.jpg
Odin.
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7179/thanos1rl1.th.jpg
I'll skip the other scans, and go right to where Odin, was actually able to hurt him.
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5536/thanos15co5.th.jpg
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/3500/thanos11jn1.th.jpg
Yes! This is all that happened in that attack.
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5079/odinvsthanos11uu6.th.jpg
Now, I know what your thinking, nobody stabbed him in those scans, well if Odin, didn't put him down, then why should bone claws, and adamantium do it(he had the IG during that time. Although it was powered down, by Thanos, it still shouldn't have happened.)
I got tons more scans, to prove Wolverine shouldn't be able to stab him.

capt it up
yo way off topic here

bigbran
yo way off topic here Annnnnnnnd?
Doesn't every thread go off topic?

Darth Vegas
Thing beats Wolverine handily.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
Thing beats Wolverine handily.
Of course he does, I mean if Daredevil can, Thing should have no problem. There's no way someone who's only peak human, has enough speed or power to hang with Ben. big grin

Darth Vegas
Of course he does, I mean if Daredevil can, Thing should have no problem. There's no way someone who's only peak human, has enough speed or power to hang with Ben. big grin

I have no love for Wolverine, but I'll give respect where respect is due: Wolverine is above peak human.

I'll leave it at that.

Still, Ben clobbers the hirsute mutant.

jinzin
Again Thanos is more duribile, than any of them. King Thor hasn't proved his duribilty. Even beating Hulk and Thing with one arm, wasn't that good of a feat.
But if you want to say he could cut him, I'll throw some duribilty feats around.
This is what happens when Surfer attacks Thanos.(Keep in mind, this was early in Thanos's career.)
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/920/imq7v5pw6.th.jpg
The same attack, that knocked Mangog back.( I didn't have imageshack, back then, so I had to make it smaller.)
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9930/ae3c9thorvj3.th.jpg
Thanos gets trapped in a black hole.
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/14/thanossurviveblackhole9nsqf5.th.jpg
Odin.
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7179/thanos1rl1.th.jpg
I'll skip the other scans, and go right to where Odin, was actually able to hurt him.
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5536/thanos15co5.th.jpg
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/3500/thanos11jn1.th.jpg
Yes! This is all that happened in that attack.
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5079/odinvsthanos11uu6.th.jpg
Now, I know what your thinking, nobody stabbed him in those scans, well if Odin, didn't put him down, then why should bone claws, and adamantium do it(he had the IG during that time. Although it was powered down, by Thanos, it still shouldn't have happened.)
I got tons more scans, to prove Wolverine shouldn't be able to stab him.

neither put thanos down.. What the f**k?

if no one stabbed him then you can't prove his durability vs. stabbings can you?

jinzin

except that daredevil CAN'T take wolverine...

unless you're using comics as a standard of evidence.. in which case.. well.. then thing gets downed by logan...
erm

bigbran
neither put thanos down.. What the f**k?

if no one stabbed him then you can't prove his durability vs. stabbings can you? I know, they didn't put him down, but the stabbing is enough.

I think a dark hole can dish out more than a stabbing.

Tha C-Master
I know, but these matches have been done so many times.. and I don't know who wins in this specific match.

Don't care.

I calling a coorelation invalid in a thread isn't the same as calling the thread invalid. Not when both conclusions are drawn fom the same thread it is.

I If you understood what those "odd words" meant you'd understand exactly the point I was making. rolling on floor laughing Don't try your sophism on me, it just further proves the fact that you try to pick on something irrelevant when you are losing the factual debate. Funniest part is you don't like voting, but when it suits your favor it's fine. Sad part is the same people voted constantly in that thread, which makes it even less valid. It's just your last defense when you've run out of arguments, much like you're doing now. It get's all to easy to keep you wrapped around my finger, I figured your valid points would stop after the second post, and you would start messing around, which is why I usually don't argue with you for long. You can make great points, but it usually get's old pretty fast.

I Don't dispense advice you don't follow. This coming from the person who admits to arguing for it's own sake, and has basically had the whole forum on him for filibustering. It seems a majority of people here feel you have a reading comprehension problem.

Yeah see you when you return to post in this thread. . .again. . . No different when you do the same, the difference is I have other things to do than to argue for it's own sake 18+ hours a day. You'll most likely be back within 4-5 hours. Pretty soon probably.

And C-master wonders why I say that wolverine is not overrated. Anyone who has read the comments by Wolverine supporters (objectively) would say otherwise.

He's underrated at times, and there is an animosity towards the character, so any attempt to fix the underrating is seen to be fanboyism... I agree to an extent, but the "fixing" comes from angry fanboys who feel their character is being insulted. He's overrated far more than underrated, unless Wolverine vs. Iron man is underrating to you.

So as such even if I attempt to point out how your conclusion is invalid you wouldn't accept such an action. I could post some "concrete evidence" (according to you guys) that has 100% consistency of Thing ko'ing wolverine, but it wouldn't be accepted and an excuse would be made.

xmarksthespot
if no one stabbed him then you can't prove his durability vs. stabbings can you? Other things that can now injure Thanos. Cyclops optic blasts, because none of those prove that ruby-colored force through dimensional apertures in mutant eyes can't hurt him? Storm's lightning, because none of those show that excitation of electrons to generate weather phenomena and target it at people? Jubilee's fireworks, because none of those prove that PAF energy can't hurt him? Snakes on a plane, because none of those show that snakes on a plane can't hurt him?

bigbran
How does this compare to a stabbing?
Traversing through different Realities.
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7704/thanosquest1105oxlo2.th.jpg

capt it up

jinzin
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Other things that can now injure Thanos. Cyclops optic blasts, because none of those prove that that kinetic energy through dimensional apertures in mutant eyes can't hurt him? Storm's lightning, because none of those show that excitation of electrons to generate weather phenomena and target it at people? Jubilee's fireworks, because none of those prove that PAF energy can't hurt him? Snakes on a plane, because none of those show that snakes on a plane can't hurt him?

difference being that wolverine's already stabbed thanos...
if you're going to try and invalidate the feat than have something that it compares to.. thus far none of those do.

jinzin
How does this compare to a stabbing?
Traversing through different Realities.
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7704/thanosquest1105oxlo2.th.jpg I'm not sure how much of a feat that is considering that an evil tony starks done it.. erm

how about thanos vs. stabbings?

bigbran
difference being that wolverine's already stabbed thanos...
if you're going to try and invalidate the feat than have something that it compares to.. thus far none of those do. Originally posted by jinzin
except that daredevil CAN'T take wolverine...

unless you're using comics as a standard of evidence.. in which case.. well.. then thing gets downed by logan...
erm
And, people do have pis feats. Spiderman vs Firelord.
Wolverine getting taken out by a hit to the nuts. Him getting taken out by Daredevil.
You call those pis, but then you go around and say, it's happened in a comic.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>