Hollywoodland

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AstroFan
http://imdb.com/title/tt0427969/

I know people will write this off because it has Ben Affleck, but as a Superman fan, the story really interests me.

DeVi| D0do
Yeah, I've been looking forward to this for a while... even though Affleck is probably the single worst actor in history.

AstroFan
Just remember, he dies. wink

Morning_Glory
i think this looks good... not a big Affleck fan (except for Good Will Hunting) but... this movie looks good smile

bakerboy
The movie looks pretty good. Lets wait.

Leggy_n_Merry
My friend gave me the link to the trailer and I thought "Oh no not Ben Affleck" but he doesn't seem too bad in it and the film did appeal to me. And I love Adrien Brody.

fantasygirl
I saw this preview in the theatre. erm It looks pretty interesting. I think I might go see it.

silver_tears
Originally posted by Leggy_n_Merry
My friend gave me the link to the trailer and I thought "Oh no not Ben Affleck" but he doesn't seem too bad in it and the film did appeal to me. And I love Adrien Brody.

Second the Brody part.
I can't wait to see this, and I'll admit it, I'm an Affleck fan *hides self from projectiles*

fantasygirl
Originally posted by silver_tears
Second the Brody part.
I can't wait to see this, and I'll admit it, I'm an Affleck fan *hides self from projectiles* No need to be ashamed.. ermm

Mr Parker
I fail to see why so many people dont like ben affleck.I myself cant wait to see this film.Looks like a great movie.

bakerboy
Generally, i dont like too much Ben Afleck as an actor, but he seems to be very good in this movie. he won the copa volti to best actor in Venice Film festival.

.Dance_Inside.
oh I'm def. seeing this.
Ben isn't a bad actor, he just has had nothing good to work with since like good will hunting, I think its his moment to shine, I believe he will do great in this film smilesmile

bakerboy
I dont think that Afleck is a bad actor at all. Gennerally, i dont like the movies that he does and the material that he chooses, but i think he has talent and he could do better jobs that he usually does.

Quincy
I thought this movie was really great. I wasn't really in the mood for an "intense in your face movie" so this movie was definitely the right choice. Honestly it is really hard to say which actor of Brody and Affleck was better in this flick, despite whatever reasons people dislike Ben. However they were both great, and the movie was well paced in the sense of current time with Brody, to flashbacks of Bens life. Diane Lane also gives an excellent performance.

If you want a good detective movie with solid music and a laid back atmosphere, or better yet a flat out good movie, check this one out.

Although the ending might not make many people happy.

bakerboy
Good review, quincy. And yeah, i think that actually , Adrien Brody is one of the best young actors nowadays, and dianne Lanne and Bob Hoskins are great almost always. Very promising movie.

Solo
You guys do know Affleck won Best Actor at Venice for this?

Mr Parker
I havent seen very many of his films but I didnt see anything wrong with him in a couple movies I remember him being in,Daredevil and Pearl Harbour.

Mr Parker
I mean he was good in those two.Its not like he is Pierce Brosnan who does a horrible job of delivering his lines.

SpaceMonkey
Affleck is not a bad actor. He was good in Good Will Hunting, Armageddon, Sum of All Fears, Dogma, Jersey Girl and Chasing Amy.

I think people don't like him for the whole Ben/J-Lo and Gigli thing, but he is not bad. He may have made some bad movie decisions (Paycheck, Gigli, Reindeer Games) but he's been a good actor.

Kram3r
Ooooh, this movie looks interesting. I'll be seeing this when it comes out. It's good to see that there are people out there that don't hate Affleck. I haven't seen him in much but what I have seen him in he's fine. I really fail to see what's so bad about him.

SpaceMonkey
I saw Hollywoodland this past weekend and I loved it!

The acting was great and the story had me literally at the edge of my seat. Go watch this movie!!

jainasolo55
i dont care for affleck but i dont really care this movie looks good and im not even a superman fan... but i guess you dont really have to be one to like this movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.