Your favorite Zelda Game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
What is your favorite game from the Legend of Zelda Series?

SaTsuJiN
Loved ocarina of time... even though it was easy it kept me hooked with its awesome music, a revolutionary Z-targeting system and way awesome gameplay. thumb up thumb up

Red Superfly
Ocarina Of Time by far.

Groundbreaking when it came out, still better than 90% of games out there right now.

General Kaliero
While OoT was indeed an excellent game, and it remains my fave on the N64, and I STILL play it on the Cube collector's disc, I have to say that the BEST game of them all was A Link to the Past.

Phoenix Aska
The best game is the Legend of Zelda the OOT on the master quest version....

unknownrocker
numba 1 my homies #1 fo sho

General Kaliero
Well, yeah, the Master Quest is great.

But that's not a choice, now, is it? *thppptthhhpt* wink

(and on a side note, the boy in your avatar SUX, Phoenix!)

unknownrocker
hahahahahaha harsh man

TrAnCeDuO
and your avatar can barely be made out and you have one of the most overrated characters of all time in your sig.

but thats irrelevent

anyways my favorites are ocarina of time and majoras mask.

unknownrocker
haha i hate FFVII simply because it is way too overrated and not that great my personal favorite ever is FFX

im way off-topic so ill stop now

Phoenix Aska
Hmmm....well then I'll just have to stick with the regular Legend Of Zelda the ocarina of Time....

BTW--General Kaiero Hiei owns the dragon of the darkness...

General Kaliero
Why is OoT the best? Explain this to me.

(BTW: Wah?! First of all, if you're going to adress me, get my name right. Second, I'm the Dragon of THE Darkness. Big difference, you see.

Third: Overrated?! Ha!)

Phoenix Aska
Ocarina of Time had good graphics...the controls were easy to use, the sound was great, the game was loads of fun,the storyline ws good, fighting the bosses was fun, the checters were mysterious, and the side quests were fun....

Robo-Chocobo
what is the fruit of the mysterious tree?

isnt that the unreleased never finished 3rd oracle game?

General Kaliero
I'm not sure but I THINK "The Fruit of the Mysterious Tree" was the horrendous non-Nintendo-made Zelda CD game.

Linkalicious
The originator, none greater. The Legend of Zelda.

It had near next to no story line, crap graphics.....but in the end. It had a silver magic boomerang that you could throw diagonally across the whole screen.

LoZ wins...

Phoenix Aska
Yes and if you obtained the red ring in the last dungeon you were nearly invincible...

Linkalicious
it's not a matter of "if"

it's all a matter of "when"

I just wish there were more optional quests in the game for IMPORTANT items.

i don't care about the 3rd and 4th bottles (though they are important)

send me on a mission to get a really cool upgrade! big grin

Silver Stardust
The original one (I played that when I was about...3 years old...) and OoT are my favorites yes The new one they're working on...wow, does that one look great...

Phoenix Aska
hey wait a second...linkalicious are you talking about the bottles in OOT???

There was a cheat code to turn any item you have into a bottle...all though it was completely unnecassary...

sith_darth_jay
I liked Oracle (I guess I'm the only one) I loved how you have to play both games to get everything.
2nd would be "Link's awakening" and 3rd is OoT.

don't get me wrong, OoT is great, I guess I love how simple, and yet complicated, the GB zeldas can be. it reminds me of the original.

the worst is Majora's mask. I've only played Windwaker like 20 min. and I didn't like it. Not the gameplay, but the way it looked. I liked Cellshaded games, but it just wasn't Zelda for me, I guess I have to fully played it before I say anything else.

The new Zelda looks great, good thing Nintendo (or Miyamoto) is going back to the older look.

BTW Fruit of the Mysterious Tree... is Oracles. I think that was its name in japan.

General Kaliero
Heh, that's barely even a code.

I remember when I switched every item I had into a bottle, then bottled up ever bug I could find, and then made a fortune on the freak in the Hyrule Castle Town.

Then, as I had no more sword or shield, I retired a rich and happy kid, knowing that I wouldn't have to worry about Ganondorf for another seven years. wink

eleveninches
Ocarina of time was AWESOME!!!

Penelope
I would just like to know what everyone's favorite Zelda game was, and why. I actually have 2 favorites...The original Legend Of Zelda, and The Ocarina Of Time. Both of these games excelled simply becuase they were fun. I enjoy beating these games over and over again.

Kayne Archeron
Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Wind Waker

IceJaw
Wind waker, Majora's maks and Zelda 2 for nes big grin

MadMel
OOT...havent played any others eek!

Penelope
Zelda 2 sucked in my opinion, i just didnt find it that fun.

JToTheP
LTTP, and OoT, no competition.

Swe_Bum
Zelda 1, Wind waker and Zelda minish cap

ESB -1138
A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda just because that was the first Zelda game I played.

Darth Kreiger
Can't wait for the next one to come out, going to be one of the last Gamecube games

Thunder Fox
OoT, Wind waker and majorasmask are my favorites dunno why wind waker it though erm

General Kaliero
OoT and ALttP are the best of the series, and thus my favorites. ALttP may just edge out OoT because it was one damn long game. Link's Awakening also has a certain element to it that I enjoy.

StinkFist462
Wind Waker

DigiMark007
Call me a blasphemer, but I didn't really like Link to the Past.

Ocarina was awesome though. Not so much with WW.

Lana
The original LoZ game and OoT are my favorites.

Impediment
OOT is, by far, the best of the series. I also adore A Link to the Past. Coincidentally, I am currently replaying Wind Waker. I just beat the Earth Temple and now I'm about to go to the Wind Temple. It's really a great game, but I hate the monotany of sailing from isle to isle to isle. It gets VERY tedious.

Solo
I love the originals, OoT and Majora's Mask. I've owned Wind Waker for a couple years now and still haven't gotten around to playing it. I think the change of graphics might have turned me off a bit.

I can't wait for Twilight Princess, though. Thank god it's being released onto GC and not Wii.

Impediment
Originally posted by Solo
I can't wait for Twilight Princess, though. Thank god it's being released onto GC and not Wii.

It's being released on both systems. It'll be out in November for GC, and it'll be a launch title for the Wii.

mysterio69
LTTP, OoT, MM, and WW. and twilight princess is gonna kick ass, i'm sure.

BackFire
The Original.

Morgoths_Wrath
this thread looks familiar...

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Solo
I love the originals, OoT and Majora's Mask. I've owned Wind Waker for a couple years now and still haven't gotten around to playing it. I think the change of graphics might have turned me off a bit.

weep OoT and MM were the FIFTH and SIXTH games in the series... They aren't the originals, dammit!! mad

kamikz
Did he say they were? No. He said The Original, MM and OOT, meaning The originals AND MM and OOT...

General Kaliero
Originally posted by kamikz
Did he say they were? No. He said The Original, MM and OOT, meaning The originals AND MM and OOT...

...If that is indeed how the sentence was meant, then I apologize for my outburst. However, very rarely do people clump LoZ and AoL together, which (again, if I read incorrectly) would have been the reason for my mistake.

Emma718
Originally posted by Impediment
OOT is, by far, the best of the series. I also adore A Link to the Past. Coincidentally, I am currently replaying Wind Waker. I just beat the Earth Temple and now I'm about to go to the Wind Temple. It's really a great game, but I hate the monotany of sailing from isle to isle to isle. It gets VERY tedious.

All that sailing kinda bugged me at times lol

for me it is out of three:

Ocarina Of Time
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker

Because My first console was the 64 and since then the gamecube. So i haven't been able to play the earlier Zelda games or the ones on the gameboy and such.

So i would say OoT but i liked all of them fairly the same. Though i am really looking forward to TP. But i am still decieding if i should get it on gamecube or wait and get the Wii and get it for that. What do you guys think?

IceJaw
Fruits of the mysterious tree? confused

MadMel
yea...nah....wait...what we talking about now?

Blue Dragon
What do you think I'm gonna say? Ocarina of Time of course, duh! stick out tongue Fantastic game & probably the best game ever so far! Great music & a challenging game too. Majora's Mask would be my second best then Wind Waker for third. There were problems in WW...

Cartoony graphics doesn't work with Zelda games, even though they looked good, but I prefer more realistic myself. Hardly any dungeons & temples etc, not long enough, boring when sailing to one island to another & when looking for treasure.........zzzzzzzzzzzz

Also there was the very annoying Tingle! I think they knew people hated him, so they made him more annoying by making him pay us 398 rupees to have a map readable, oh my God! WW was less Zelda like, but the new one looks very promising...

Well anyway, OoT had plenty to do, plenty of dugeons & lands to explore etc...& love the use of the Ocarina. yes Great storyline, fantastic even! yes Nods again, yes. yes I can't help it! yes Hehe!

The graphics weren't great, but it was 1998 & on the N64, but they still looked good. Like the idea of future & past time travel too to finish the game!

willman
oh come on, its ocarina of time. majoras mask was good too.

Blue Dragon
It was. I loved changing into a Zora & swimming in the Great Coast at sunset, it's the best thing ever! I love sunsets, real or in games, because if they look real, then they're nice to look at. OoT doesn't have this much, the sun goes down too fast but in MM, I think it's slower, which is better. happy Even in WW it's good, but not that realistic...

I'd like to see it in TP, graphics so marvelous, there's no denying it will be great! Playing as a Zora, I was able to swim freely & jump out of the water. I love the sea, so this was perfect for me! happy Wearing different masks was fun too, but the time limit thing annoyed me. If you're out of time, you gotta start again!

MadMel
OOC...only one ive played..
but im definatly getting TP...at wii launch or christmas...or both, as they only gave the american and japanese release dates/prices, and not the australian ones..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.