Clash of the Two Schools: Ansatsuken vs Kyokugen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
The rivalry between the two school have went on for many years. Mainly because some people think that Kyokugenryu is nothing more than a knockoff of Ansatsuken. Now it's time to settle it once and for all.

On the Ansatsuken side:

Ryu
Ken Masters
Sakura Kasugano
Sean Matsuda
Gouki (normal)

On the Kyoukugenryu side:

Ryo Sakazaki
Robert Garcia
Yuri Sakazaki
Marco Rodriguez
Takuma Sakazaki (normal)

Advantages of Ansatsuken:

- Ability to kill the opponent in one blow.
- Raging Demon, Kongoukoretsuzan, Misogi

Advantages of Kyokugenryu Karate:

- Five levels of study (Ko'ou, Ryugeki, Hienshippu, Raiou and Shoran)
- Specialized deathblow moves on the certain level of study.

Note that the Level 3 fireballs from both sides will cancel out should both sides fire off their super projectiles at the same time, making this match more fairer.

These battles are all about skill and the will to win.

===

Jack Bauer Fact: Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked Jack Bauer in the face. Jack blinked.

Chuck Norris Fact: Chuck Norris invented time zones in order to more efficiently schedule world wide ass kickings.

Emperor Ashtar
Kyokugen sucks, Gouken Ryu and Gotetsu ryu ansatsuken wins.BTW, an ansatsuken is a genric term for any powerful killing martial arts, Hokuto shin ken is an example of an ansatsuken.

Major Snafu
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Kyokugen sucks, Gouken Ryu and Gotetsu ryu ansatsuken wins.BTW, an ansatsuken is a genric term for any powerful killing martial arts, Hokuto shin ken is an example of an ansatsuken.

I know. Ansatsuken sounds A WHOLE LOT BETTER than Shotokan Karate.

I should have used either Goutetsu-ryu or Gouken-ryu Ansatsuken to be more precise.

===

Jack Bauer Fact: In 96 hours, Jack Bauer has killed 93 people and saved the world 4 times. What the hell have you done with your life?

Chuck Norris Fact: Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a freakin' Indian.

brainchild81
Kyokugen sucks, Gouken Ryu and Gotetsu ryu ansatsuken wins. Ditto

SaTsuJiN
so now its killer fist.. rather than Shotokan?... /sigh... dragonball logic ftw

brainchild81
Shotokan is just the name U.S. dumb tranlaters gave it

SaTsuJiN
can I see a link to an instruction booklet for street fighter or street fighter 2 calling it ansatsuken?.. I'm pretty sure I can spot the kanji for it

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
can I see a link to an instruction booklet for street fighter or street fighter 2 calling it ansatsuken?.. I'm pretty sure I can spot the kanji for it

Your gonna have to get a japanese instruction booklet, good luck with that. originally ken and ryu knew kyokushin karate(Mas Oyama's style) but it was later changed to an Ansatsuken with koppo, judo, karate, and tae kwan do properties, shotokan is stupid Capcom of America.

SaTsuJiN
thats because shotokan very closely resembles what you described

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
thats because shotokan very closely resembles what you described

Not really, I took shotokan, it's nothing like koppo or judo, I know mas oyama was a student of funakoshi, but kyokushin is pretty different.

Emperor Ashtar
Ryu and Ken would kill ryo & robert, Gouki rapes takuma becuase he's a jobber. I think yuri would beat sakura since she emulates ryu's moves better sad

TricksterPriest
Plus Sakura quit training and went to college after SFA3. Whereas Yuri has kept up her skills and improved.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Plus Sakura quit training and went to college after SFA3. Whereas Yuri has kept up her skills and improved.
Yeah,sakura could have become a great fighter.

TricksterPriest
This is kind of a joke match when you think about it. And even if you take Gouki off the Ansatsuken team, the Kyokugen team would still lose. Also, Takuma is crap unless he becomes Mr. Karate. Because he won't go all out otherwise.

aysongail
Anatsuken will win
also sakura can handle yuri IMO cause in Rival schools she was there training so hard she still continous fighting...

TricksterPriest
Rival schools is not canon. Not applicable to the match.

olympian
Ryu and Ken would kill ryo & robert, Gouki rapes takuma becuase he's a jobber. I think yuri would beat sakura since she emulates ryu's moves better sad

Rubbish.

And how is Takuma a jobber?

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by olympian
Rubbish.

And how is Takuma a jobber?
Cause he gats schooled by ryo , despite being the king of of kyokugen

brainchild81
Ditto. & That was as Mr. Karate, he's only a threat as Serious Mr. Karate & that's not canon.

Sado22
This is how it goes:

flame me all you want, but i think Ryo will win for his diversity and better supers.

good fight but I see Ken winning.

with her superior ripping off abilities Yuri will pummel Sakura (sakura is too busy wondering why and when ryu taught Yuri the shinshoryuken, why and when ken taught her the shoryureppa, and why and when the hell did akuma teach her the shungoukusatsu).

good fight but with Marco's karate-bear friend joining the fray, its too much for Sean to handle.

this is a joke no matter how you put it.
Gouki slaps takuma around.
takuma get serious and wears his mask to "get serious"
akuma starts rolling on the floor laughing out loud for the first time in his life, and can't continue the fight cuz he's still laughing too hard to actually get off the ground.

Ryo and gang give up, cuz they just want go away and save themselves the embarrasment. Ansastuken wins.....
....and akuma is still laughing his ass off.
The end.

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Sado22

flame me all you want, but i think Ryo will win for his diversity and better supers.

If diversity in super arts was any merit of skill, then Iori would not be so strong. Ryu, creams the rip off in my opinion. He has more raw power and at this point in his story he has way more experience. But, ryo did beat geese, pai long, and Takuma but, that could just be snk letting him job it Like they did igniz (Someone has to explain how igniz lost)

with her superior ripping off abilities Yuri will pummel Sakura (sakura is too busy wondering why and when ryu taught Yuri the shinshoryuken, why and when ken taught her the shoryureppa, and why and when the hell did akuma teach her the shungoukusatsu).

Actually, sakura does train, she mastered all of ryu's moves within a year of simply watching them with no prior training what so ever and made them effective. She also helps the police perform minor jobs, has an esteemed rival (Karin), beat E.honda in a Street Fight, and knocked out several shaoloo henchemen which cause them to put her on file.

Capcom has stated her to be a fighting protege.Prior to what I said, I think she can give it yuri. Hell she could beat her soundly.

olympian
Cause he gats schooled by ryo , despite being the king of of kyokugen

A Jobber by defination is someone who is sold with a high rep or stats but constantly loses/is made a joke about.

When did Takuma started losing to Ryo in a constant manner? He lost in AOF1 against Ryo but both wer top tier in that game. Its not like he was God level or anything.

Out of that, he doesnt specifically lose anymore than other characters. In fact in some games hes above many.

If diversity in super arts was any merit of skill, then Iori would not be so strong. Ryu, creams the rip off in my opinion. He has more raw power and at this point in his story he has way more experience. But, ryo did beat geese, pai long, and Takuma but, that could just be snk letting him job it Like they did igniz (Someone has to explain how igniz lost)

Considering he didnt walked thro those gents and all wer top tiers or pretty close in the respective games, i dont see where is the jobbing.

Ryo in AOF had alot of supers, great hitting power, damn good range and 100% combos that would mork the life of an opponent when connected.

There is a reason why the *real* Ryo who managed to age (AOF/FFS/FFWA/B1/MI2) is sold as powerful and usually shows up as top tier/boss.

Sado22
*gasp* your power is too much?!
...i don't stand a chancesad
how much more punani before i stand a chance?

Iori IS so strong...pounding Kyo so soundly at a weaker level. Not to mention how Mature actually considered him stronger than Geonitz...small wonder why Geonitz didn't actualy come after Yagami. storywise, Iori is probably the strongest guy in the regular KoF roaster. actually, with him beating Kyo to pulp, he in a weaker state: HE IS THE STRONGEST. also, iori's isn't diverse. he has 4 or 5 moves right?
dark thrust
demon scorches
deadly flower
negative crescent moon
talon comb (which is probably the most redundant move in the wrold, slow and weak)

As for Ryu. the way i look at it, his 3 moves aren't really helping. Ryo's moves are faster and probably as strong if not more. Also Ryo has up to 8 moves (koken, koho, heinshippukyaku, zanrestsuzan, the uppercut thing, the other uppercut thing, the 4hitjuggle combo thing)
analyze:
ko-ken/hadouken: given that Ryo does it with one hand, and that story wise, Ryu's hadou-ken is the strongest of all the shoto-clones, i think hadou-ken pwns ko-ken (and has a cooler name). by the way emperor, tiamat tends to change and update his info a lot and with more interviews with teh capcom officials, more and more of his stuff tends to get changed. try getting the uptodate one. i had an older version of it and after a few months when i got a new one, it had lots changes in it. just thought i'd let you now.
ko-ho/shoryuken: if its SF3 Ryu, i'm giving it to Ryu. otherwise, i'd say equal.
hienshipuukyaku: i'd give Ryo the edge with this one as it is faster and more long ranged.

other than that, Ryo has more moves. his specials:
shinkuuhadouken/haohshikoken: don't see ryu succesful in this. not only is ryo's special HUGE and FAST as hell, the SDM version is a monster.
denjinhadouken/haohshikoken: dont know if its a good idea to remain charging for so long against RYo's faster and bigger projectile.
shinshoryuken/ichigekihisatsu: its all in the matter of timing in this one. if ryu pulls it off earlier, he'll pwn Ryo but with Ryo's rooted style it'll be harder. Same goes with Ryo, since Ryu too tends to be more rooted. also Ryo's super is stronger (looking at it in game since SNK never actually provided a clear proof of its power). it takes more with ONE hit as Ryu's three hits (barring EX series since they suck and aren't canon). also as a counter attack its a beast. if he catches Ryu with that during a tatsumakisenpukyaku or any other move, ryu's a goner.
shinkuutatsumakisenpuukyaky/ryokorenbu: ryo's move is a blur. its fast, powerful and absolutely overwhelming. shinkuuTT is short ranged and the only thing going for it is that it sucks people in.

so there you go. with superior speed, range and rooted style IMO Ryo takes this one.

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar

As for Ryu. the way i look at it, his 3 moves aren't really helping. Ryo's moves are faster and probably as strong if not more. Also Ryo has up to 8 moves (koken, koho, heinshippukyaku, zanrestsuzan, the uppercut thing, the other uppercut thing, the 4hitjuggle combo thing)
analyze:
ko-ken/hadouken: given that Ryo does it with one hand, and that story wise, Ryu's hadou-ken is the strongest of all the shoto-clones, i think hadou-ken pwns ko-ken (and has a cooler name). by the way emperor, tiamat tends to change and update his info a lot and with more interviews with teh capcom officials, more and more of his stuff tends to get changed. try getting the uptodate one. i had an older version of it and after a few months when i got a new one, it had lots changes in it. just thought i'd let you now.
ko-ho/shoryuken: if its SF3 Ryu, i'm giving it to Ryu. otherwise, i'd say equal.
hienshipuukyaku: i'd give Ryo the edge with this one as it is faster and more long ranged.

other than that, Ryo has more moves. his specials:
shinkuuhadouken/haohshikoken: don't see ryu succesful in this. not only is ryo's special HUGE and FAST as hell, the SDM version is a monster.
denjinhadouken/haohshikoken: dont know if its a good idea to remain charging for so long against RYo's faster and bigger projectile.
shinshoryuken/ichigekihisatsu: its all in the matter of timing in this one. if ryu pulls it off earlier, he'll pwn Ryo but with Ryo's rooted style it'll be harder. Same goes with Ryo, since Ryu too tends to be more rooted. also Ryo's super is stronger (looking at it in game since SNK never actually provided a clear proof of its power). it takes more with ONE hit as Ryu's three hits (barring EX series since they suck and aren't canon). also as a counter attack its a beast. if he catches Ryu with that during a tatsumakisenpukyaku or any other move, ryu's a goner.
shinkuutatsumakisenpuukyaky/ryokorenbu: ryo's move is a blur. its fast, powerful and absolutely overwhelming. shinkuuTT is short ranged and the only thing going for it is that it sucks people in.

so there you go. with superior speed, range and rooted style IMO Ryo takes this one.

~Sado
Ryu, has more than three moves he has four: Hadouken,shoryuken, tatsumaki senpuu kyaku, and joudan. Plus there's the various varitaitons of said moves.

Also, I'm trying to look at this objectively, how is ryo's moves more powerful and faster? Anyway here are my comparisons

Ko ou ken Vs Hadouken: Honestly, they look about the same, even though ryu has master his hadouken I'm not giving him an edge because of that only. Ryu has Shinkuu Hadouken which is similar to the hoashishoken. I dunno which is tronger, gamewise the hoashishoken is bigger but, that's only gamewise. Denjin has the start up of a charged haoshishoken but, it's unsupressable and has damaging effects due to the electric current it carries. Ryu has more projectiles than Ryo.

Koho-Ken Vs Shoryuken: Shoryuken wins, honestly ryo has never shown any strength with the shou ken at all. Nevermind that shoryuken is a very consistent on hit K.O. move. Ryu, ko'ed adon with one shoryuken in the first Street Fighter tournament for example. Also, there's the Shin-Shoryu-Ken, now before you bring up hugo I might add that the Shin-ShoRyu-Ken is one of the strongest moves in the Street Fighter universe. It packs enough power to kill someone. Hugo survivng it says more about his endurance then the moves strength.

Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku Vs heinshippukyaku: If it's the regular tatsumaki, thenryo's Heinshippuken should be able to knock him down with ease. But, if it's the EX or Super Version, Ryo will most likely get sucked in.

They have range, but ryu has more versatility with his. speed, Ryu's fast but, for the sake of argument give it this to ryo. Power, no question ryu. Ryo's power comes from his proper rooting and conditioning of his style. Ryu, barely use's rooting and he can generate alot of power.Experience ryu no question:10,000 plus opponents vs Less then 20.

Shinshoryuken VS Ichigekihisatsu: These two try to capture the japanese warriors maxim "Hissatsu Ichigeki" "One Strike, Instant Kill". Ryu's uses the linear power to launch his opponent 40 feet into the air easy. While ryo sends his opponent flying horizontinally away.
Ryo's super has a stronger start up since it takes one blow to send you flying ,But ryu's has a better finish, since you fall from 40 feet.

I believe ryu can use his moves better, since he's had such a long time and experience to use it. Ryo is to tradtional too rigid, he lacks the experienced of a seasoned fighter.Ryu, on the other hand is a fighting legend so he takes it.

EDIT: Oh, yeah I know about tiamats updates, I've been following it since 4.0 and I'm registered in the same forum as him and alot of people who wrote said plot guide.

Emperor Ashtar
A Jobber by defination is someone who is sold with a high rep or stats but constantly loses/is made a joke about.

When did Takuma started losing to Ryo in a constant manner? He lost in AOF1 against Ryo but both wer top tier in that game. Its not like he was God level or anything.

Out of that, he doesnt specifically lose anymore than other characters. In fact in some games hes above many.

Yeah, he does, his team never wins despite being one of snks supposedly strongest fighters and in kof 2003 he was sent to the hospital after losing to some unknown assalant. I know he isn't God Tier but, c'mon. I hate that in kof stats, experience, and skill play no part in fights. Case and point igniz, he should have never lost like that.

Considering he didnt walked thro those gents and all wer top tiers or pretty close in the respective games, i dont see where is the jobbing.

Ryo in AOF had alot of supers, great hitting power, damn good range and 100% combos that would mork the life of an opponent when connected.

There is a reason why the *real* Ryo who managed to age (AOF/FFS/FFWA/B1/MI2) is sold as powerful and usually shows up as top tier/boss.

I said it could be jobbing, it's not easy to make out who won fair inf snk anymore ever since the nest arc. (someone please explain who igniz could lose)

Sado22
i'm comparing in game and the fact that at least three of Ryo's moves are like a blur (zanretsuzan, ryukorenbu and haohshikoekn is really fast). but not even one of Ryu's move is a blur.

i already mentioned the various versions of Ryo's ko-ken, which sum up to four. then there are 2 versions of haoshikoken: the regular size and err...family size, if you know what i mean. so he has 4 projectiles techniqually speaking (i'm baring the two ariel ones since they are the same move with different placement).
ryu has hadouken, shinkuunetsu, shinkuu and denjin. he has four too. so its even.

agreed. oh and on the tiamat thing it says that prior to SF3, anyone who ryu hit with shinshoryuken was KO'd. not killed.

agreed again.

why i brought up range was because aside from zentrestsuzan, all of Ryo's "blur" moves are long range too so it spells trouble for the slower Ryu. the fact that ryu is rooted is a plus but i think it will also make it harder for him to land the shinshoryuken since Ryo is rooted too.

in this one i guess it depends on:
-who manages to pull it off first
-who starts off faster
this fight will be over the moment one of them gets the other in their respective attacks. and i think Ryo starts off faster so he's more likely to get Ryu in this. though, if Ryo gets "flighty" he could get a shinshoryuken. so i guess it depends here.

i also said that SF3 ryu would be a littel too much for regular ryo. I think its more fair if its either:
Mister Karate vs. SF3 Ryu
or
KoF age Ryo vs SF2 Ryu
SF3 ryu would pwn Ryo. without a doubt.
Mister karate would pwn SF2, Sfalpha Ryu. again without a doubt.

oh and ryo is pretty seasonded too. the thing is South Town is full of diverse fighters from brawlers to wrestlers and Ryo has been fighting for a long time too. Ryo started his street fighting routine in AoF1 at the age of 23/24 which is the same age as Ryu when ryu started. both have been training in their arts since a very young age. so i don't think experience wise Ryu is too far ahead. though by SF3 he has fought 10000 opponents, Ryo practically lives in a town full of fighters. you get my meaning?
i know its arguable, though, but given SNK's lack of being specific the safest bet is that since he lives in a town full of fighters, goes to a worldwide fighting tournament with various styles incorporated (and he goes there EVERY YEAR) i think he has enough experience and is in fact very seasoned too.

its okay, i just said that in case you weren't aware. btw, any new updates there since i haven't been there in like two months due to this semester kicking my ass really hard?

Later emperor
~Sado
P.S. those mai pics aren't workingsad

Mesirus
Ansatsuken

Reason being, i don't know all the tech know-how, but Gouki wins within moments, so its 5 on 4, then 5 on 3 etc etc

olympian
Yeah, he does, his team never wins despite being one of snks supposedly strongest fighters and in kof 2003 he was sent to the hospital after losing to some unknown assalant. I know he isn't God Tier but, c'mon. I hate that in kof stats, experience, and skill play no part in fights. Case and point igniz, he should have never lost like that.
The `2003 incident cant be used against KOF Takuma (yet) when we dont even know who it was.

And here we are talking him in the context of teams in KOF, then? Despite the rep of the "AOF team" as one of the strongest of the bunch, thats what they are and nothing else. Not *the* strongest, but *one of*. There are more who are as balanced or powerful in that competition. And in KOF they arent always top tier, anyway. So its not that they are sold higher than practically everyone and then are treated as easy goners.

I said it could be jobbing, it's not easy to make out who won fair inf snk anymore ever since the nest arc. (someone please explain who igniz could lose)
If we are talking about the *actual* Takuma, who lost against Ryo, wich was way before the Nest saga and co, it doesnt fit. Mr Karate, Geese and Ryo wer top tiers/bosses. The losses and wins wer legit and considered hard fougth battles.

About Ignitz, yeah, its jobbing. But its a different case. He was sold too high to lose against pll who werent supposedly on his level. Takuma (even in AOF) wasent.

brainchild81
Yuri can take Sakura & Marco should be able to take Sean w/out the bear. Everybody else on the Kyokugen team loses & Takuma loses his life

olympian
I`m against this shameful discrimination against karate bears. Shameful.

Let the bear in. He can fight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEWDQ-B1n2w&mode=related&search=

Sado22
like i said, before. ansatsuken wins...this is how:

as for the bear, personally i think the bear looks more human than akuma. that guy's a freak!

~Sado

brainchild81
Any pix of the bear?

Sado22
^^
gimme a day or two...my PC is still busted so i can't upload or download jackshit (hence the site haitus).

~Sado
P.S. that kyo iori wallpaper is ready. also there is nice avatar of Iori. hope you like it (don't keep your hopes too high though as i'm pretty unpolished on photoshop. there is also another surprise for you but you won't be too happy about that one big grin )

Later, curly.
~Sado

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.