The Marine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Epsilon Zero
New movie with John Cena and Robert Patrick.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419946/

forumcrew
yea saw a trailer a while back just looks like hes trying to follow in the rocks footsteps.

Epsilon Zero
It looks awesome. Personally, I haven't seen a "zOmg, look at my big muscles and guns as I use my dope arse martial arts to destroy two hundred men within twenty four hours and blow up ten different buildings while trashing fourty cars and fending off a skinny, old man villain who has arthritis" Action movie in a while. You need your dose every so often, and this looks killer.

Lighthammer
Agreed but then again its John Cena.

Epsilon Zero
Originally posted by Lighthammer
Agreed but then again its John Cena.

Hey, people said that about Arnie.

DanZeke25
Originally posted by Epsilon Zero
Hey, people said that about Arnie.

No, Ahnold is WAY different then this.

But the movie looks ok, even if it IS John Cena.

AstroFan
It looks decent, except for John doing some Jet Li spin kick in mid air. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Epsilon Zero
That was a great kick. That's the kind of kick that shatters dreams. Arnold back then was snubbed until he came out with some dope ass action flicks.

T.M
Originally posted by DanZeke25

But the movie looks ok, even if it IS John Cena.

Thats my thoughts exactly.

Lumanix
Originally posted by DanZeke25

But the movie looks ok, even if it IS John Cena. Did you miss the sock's point?

Blax X
When I first saw the preview for this moie, it looked liek your typical shoot-em up no plot crappy diolouge action movie, and John Cena made it worse.

However, I saw it today, and I must say that I was impressed. Over all, it was a really great movie, albeit the plot WAS kind of corny, the diolouge was mostly hilarious and the action and effects were awsome. The acting was also pretty good. John Cena played his part quite well, as did the rest of the bad guys.

Solo
Are you serious? I want to see it just to see how bad it really is. Looks hilarious.

Blax X
Hell, thats why I went to see it in the first place.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Blax X

However, I saw it today, and I must say that I was impressed. Over all, it was a really great movie, albeit the plot WAS kind of corny, the diolouge was mostly hilarious and the action and effects were awsome. The acting was also pretty good. John Cena played his part quite well, as did the rest of the bad guys.

I checked it is int April 1st... that was pretty much the only way this would have made sense. The Marine is every bit as stupid and horrible as it looks.

Blax X
lol, okay. Everyone has there own opinions.

office jesus
But Robert Patrick is in it! Ha. Either way, I'm going to see it just to laugh.

Vim
Well I'm glad to see it did get its kicks (no pun intended) with the KMC crowd. Sorry about not finding this thread earlier, I really don't have the time to sort through pages of threads. Looks like most people enjoyed the fact that a movie of this caliber had not been made in quite some time and really seemed like there was general lag of this type of movie for awhile, maybe we'll see a rash of them for awhile. Sometimes I love going to theater, and not having to think about what is happening, just be entertained and this movie did that for me. Hopefully we'll see more of John Cena, I'm a fan and he seems to be a pretty decent actor and just all around good person

Solo
Originally posted by Vim
a movie of this caliber had not been made in quite some time and really seemed like there was general lag of this type of movie for awhile
I agree, movies this shitty come seldomly.

Vim
Now, now no need to all curse cursive on us. That's your opinion and I have mine. The fact is I had not seen a slam-bang inyourface explosion ladden movie in a looooooooooong time, so for me this was a good thing. But if it was shitty to you then thats your opinion.

Solo
Originally posted by Vim
if it was shitty to you then thats your opinion.
That's what they call it.

SpaceMonkey
Yeah, it sucked ass.

Lunch_Meat
lol @ the people who went and saw this

Vim
Originally posted by Lunch_Meat
lol @ the people who went and saw this

lol @ you because you didn't see it. In fact I just hired a Ninja to come to where you work and kill you. Do not mess with the Ninja. He looks forward to killing you soon...

The Marine was not that bad, there's been much worse made, just look at the Blair Witch Project 2...

Lunch_Meat
This movie looks sooooo bad, you couldn't pay me 20dollars to see this, I really don't care for action movies in the first place, sooo yeah. Also quit trying to defend The Marine. If you liked this movie then i'm guessing your favorite movie is probably XXX2.

You must love no plot, horrible/cheesy acting in your movies, and nonstop unrealistic cheesy-as-hell violence.

Vim
I just messin with dude. Don't get all hostile ... Oh wait that was me... Sorry bout that... No my favorite movie is no XXX 2... its XXX 1!! LOL!! HAHAHAAHA!! Just kidding anyway, if you read the beginning of the thread you would have noticed that I said that it was a good movie for me "at the time"... I had a lot going on and it was good to sit back and see an "Ahnuld" clone like movie 'cept newer... It was one of those classic movies where you can sit and not HAVE to think thats the whole point. For being what it was it was damn good at it... I'm not defending it, I'm defending the fact that I liked it get over it. I'm sure there's movies you like that I dislike

G U I T A R
Has anyone happen to see this movie starring John Cena (My favorite wrestler), It had plenty of actions scenes and a pretty good story line. So anyone who hasnt seen it yet and lieks lotta action guns and explosions go rent a copy. eek!

guy222
Originally posted by G U I T A R
Has anyone happen to see this movie starring John Cena (My favorite wrestler), It had plenty of actions scenes and a pretty good story line. So anyone who hasnt seen it yet and lieks lotta action guns and explosions go rent a copy. eek!

cena is the man. good movie. great potential

forumcrew
There is a thread on this and the movie was garbage.

Silverstein
didn't look that good from the previews and am not convinced that gangsta cena could pull off a Marine...so yeah.

G U I T A R
Has anyone seen The Marine, This movie was pretty cool it's starred by one of my favorite wrestlers John Cena. There's lots of action scenes, fight scenes, stuff blowing up, you know. smile Any opinions on this movie? rolling on floor laughing

General G
I don't like john cena...

exanda kane
Originally posted by G U I T A R
Has anyone seen The Marine, This movie was pretty cool it's starred by one of my favorite wrestlers John Cena. There's lots of action scenes, fight scenes, stuff blowing up, you know. smile Any opinions on this movie? rolling on floor laughing

It sounds rubbish...and who is John Cena? No wrestler I've ever heard of, I can tell you that.

In Fate's Hands
It was alright, but some of it was just lame, like the lines they said and the way how John Cena would just jump out of the exploding buildings without getting hurt.

Barker
Saw it in the summer, too much shit blows up.

Seriously, there's an explosion scene like every 5 minutes. no expression

In Fate's Hands
Originally posted by Barker
Saw it in the summer, too much shit blows up.

Seriously, there's an explosion scene like every 5 minutes. no expression

I KNOW!, Wtf is up with that.

liltennispro30
The truth about this movie is that it was a really terrible movie that not one person should watch. John Cena is one of the worst actors ive seen (which is expected) but the entire story and fight scenes are so ridiculously stupid that it was one of the worst films ive seen this year. You want to see my review check out movie-stop.net

MMA_Fan_Matt
John Cena? I think I'll have to pass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.