Rock Howard vs. Terry Bogard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Swe_Bum
Who Do you think wins..?

Terry Bogard

Or

Rock Howard

Based on Gameplay and storyline.

FIGHT!

Remulous
rocks good but i dont see him beating terry

SaTsuJiN
terry trained him, and thus knows all of rocks techniques and dirty tricks...

"Weener is... Terry!"

2D_MASTER
I know people will be like "Rock won the Maxium Mayhem contest , so that proves he can beat Terry." Nah read that offcial story. Rock and Terry were in the process of fighting, Grant interrupted, Terry took on Grant so that Rock could move on and find out about his mother. Terry didnt have the strength to take on Kain right after beating Grant. So Rock fought Kain and beat him.
Personally I think that Terry would beat Rock because his years of experience and plus the fact that he taught Rock.

shin_remy
Terry wins

Swe_Bum
I'm not sure..

Rock Have some Of Geese's Moves like Raging storm and some Counters...
but terry is the one who traind him..

Remulous
rock wood no how 2 fight preety alright with out terrys training

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Remulous
rock wood no how 2 fight preety alright with out terrys training

Yeah but Rock currently does not fight "pretty alright", for his age its exceptional, Rock in MOTW was 16 almost 17. And he was already able to keep up with Terry. I doubt that Rock would have been such a prodigy if he had not been Terry's student.

brainchild81
I agree w/both of you. Rock would have been pretty tough regardless, but he's tougher because of Terry's training. I think however that Rock would wear Terry down and take a hard fought win. He's more versatile. Sometimes the student surpasses the teacher. I think this is one of those cases. If he's a beast at that age, when he gets older he'll be able to put the hurt on Ken or Ryu. He'd probably give them a serious run for their money now.

Remulous
terry will win.rocks terry/geese but way younger,but if u come back 2 this in a few years the tables may turn,unless terry contiues his training then i dont see rock ever winning,but terrys already slowed down now,so i see hope 4 rock in the near future

brainchild81
rocks terry/geese but way younger That's why he'll win. He was hanging w/Terry before the interuption. Terry's older and bigger. He would likely have gotten tired first and then NDRed. Terry can continue training all he wants. If Rock doesn't flat out quit training he'll always win. It's pretty obvious he's got more potential. He's just going to get better and better. Terry+Geese>Terry

Remulous
Originally posted by brainchild81
It's pretty obvious he's got more potential. He's just going to get better and better. Terry+Geese>Terry now that, i can agree with but the only reason hes got more potential is cuase terry just about used all his up.i think rock shood get just a bit more time,hes far too new to go up against veteran like terry so quickly.

brainchild81
He already has. So obviously he's not. Rock's a natural and sometimes that can override lack of experience

Remulous
He already has. So obviously he's not. Rock's a natural and sometimes that can override lack of experience he has but not at full throtle with the intent 2 kill,now if this was match 2 the death,rock might win after what happened 2 geese and terrys attempts to stop it from happening again,he may not have the hart 2 kill him.but only in a match 2 the death.

SaTsuJiN
You call busting out a move like powerstream having "used up his potential" ?

terrys potential is far from over, regardless of rocks lineage...

P-Geyser
I believe Terry will win this match. As 2D Master pointed out, if it had not been for Grant interrupting, Terry would have beaten Rock. Plus Terry has got more what it takes to pull and survive in this match. Rock has beatin Kain and Terry(because of Grant) but Terry has beaten more threatning characters than Kain.(Geese Krauser and The Jins come to mind)

Droopy
Terry all the way Rocks cool though

Remulous
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

terrys potential is far from over, regardless of rocks lineage... the power stream is cool but how far will that take him.he may win now.but i cood see rock winning in the next few years.

brainchild81
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
I know people will be like "Rock won the Maxium Mayhem contest , so that proves he can beat Terry." Nah read that offcial story. Rock and Terry were in the process of fighting, Grant interrupted, Terry took on Grant so that Rock could move on and find out about his mother. Terry didnt have the strength to take on Kain right after beating Grant. So Rock fought Kain and beat him.
Personally I think that Terry would beat Rock because his years of experience and plus the fact that he taught Rock. & he did a damn good job too. If Terry's experience was that much of a factor against somebody as talented as Rock(it's not 'cause Rock's a natural), Rock wouldn't be able to even hang w/him because we all know Terry's experience dwarfs Rock's. How can Rock hang w/him? Because he's a naturally fast learner. We'll probably never know, but IMO Rock would have worn him out had the fight not been interrupted because of his youthful vigor. They should have made @ least 1 MOTW sequel dammit!

Remulous
rock wont beat terry now but later.isnt rock kinda like a bad guy now any way.in the snk universe bad guys hardly ever win if ever.

P-Geyser
& he did a damn good job too. If Terry's experience was that much of a factor against somebody as talented as Rock(it's not 'cause Rock's a natural), Rock wouldn't be able to even hang w/him because we all know Terry's experience dwarfs Rock's. How can Rock hang w/him? Because he's a naturally fast learner. We'll probably never know, but IMO Rock would have worn him out had the fight not been interrupted because of his youthful vigor. They should have made @ least 1 MOTW sequel dammit!

You know why?....cause playmore does not want to put in the effort...rather than concentrate on KOF involving Ash.

brainchild81
Yeah. It may also have been dumb for them to release it on the Dreamcast instead of the PS2Originally posted by Remulous
rock wont beat terry now but later.isnt rock kinda like a bad guy now Where'd you get that from?

SaTsuJiN
I think cuz he went off with Kain...it could be a 'chance' regardless of how small, to become evil when he returns... I wish everyones characters aged like tekken... they really do aging so well

Remulous
I wish everyones characters aged like tekken... they really do aging so well yeah,like kazuya.the older he gets the cooler he becomes.

brainchild81
DittoOriginally posted by SaTsuJiN
I think cuz he went off with Kain...it could be a 'chance' regardless of how small, to become evil when he returns... I wish everyones characters aged like tekken... they really do aging so well Ditto

2D_MASTER
DittoDitto

Hmmmmm I have a question, Ive heard that KOF MI isnt actually cannon, that it exist on a separate time line and universe than KOF. Can anybody confirm or disprove this? And if it is in the same time line I read that it take places before Garou MOTW (coz rock is still under Terry's and not Kains wing), so in the OFFICIAL SNK timeline is Garou's Maximum Mayhem the newest tournament?

Drunk_of_Fury
OMG FFS OMG FFS Oh My God For **** sake Terry WINS!!!

aysongail
Im New Here!!!
I Have a Question? Why in the Storyline of Kof was Different Than the Fatal Fury? I mean in Fatal Fury Geese was found out Dead... While in KOF Geese was still alive? Which is Which... Which is a Canon?

aysongail
W8 Terry Wins thats for sure...
Rock Idolized his HERO (TERRY) And he want's to surpass him... In Maximun Impact Profile...

aysongail

terrys potential is far from over, regardless of rocks lineage...

is the Power Stream was The Powerful move of Terry?
I think Terry have the Hackyokuseiken is this an Ancient martial arts like krauser had?
Y the Fatl Fury did no't Include the power of hakyokoseiken(The one he used to defeat Geese, And God of Mars?)

Swe_Bum
Nice Triple Post! thumb up

Remulous
Originally posted by aysongail
Im New Here!!!
I Have a Question? Why in the Storyline of Kof was Different Than the Fatal Fury? I mean in Fatal Fury Geese was found out Dead... While in KOF Geese was still alive? Which is Which... Which is a Canon? i beleave FF is the canon 1,although KOFin its early days was canon as well 4 geese, until about after KOF 97

aysongail
i beleave FF is the canon 1,although KOFin its early days was canon as well 4 geese, until about after KOF 97

Really? How Can u make sure? That's is your own opinion!

brainchild81
Originally posted by aysongail
is the Power Stream was The Powerful move of Terry?
I think Terry have the Hackyokuseiken is this an Ancient martial arts like krauser had?
Y the Fatl Fury did no't Include the power of hakyokoseiken(The one he used to defeat Geese, And God of Mars?) Terry Vs God of Mars is not canon. None of the Fatal Fury movies are. You won't find Laucorn or the others in the games @ all.

I-Drop
Does Terry have any feats that compare w/Rock destroying a mansion?

Sado22
scarring Geese with every blow...something Rock couldn't even do with his special laughing out loud
oh and Terry and Geese fought in a large hall...nothing to break there.

Man of Violence
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
rock wont beat terry now but later.. I agree...

Rock is so much better and cooler than Terry in nearly er category but yeah, Terry will win. MOTW 2 should have Rock as the main dude and Terry die of a "heart virus". laughing

Sado22
virus got nothing on that man's heart wink

I-Drop
Originally posted by Sado22
scarring Geese with every blow...something Rock couldn't even do with his special laughing out loud
oh and Terry and Geese fought in a large hall...nothing to break there. The large hall itself. & Rock never fought Geese so there's no comparison. Destroying a mansion>>>Scarring a guy. Rock wins by being better at everything except basketball.

Sado22
watch the geese boss vid from FFWA then. IIRC it was pretty huge.

P-Geyser
Oh for f**ks sake who revived this thread!!!! Anyway I say Terry Bogard anyday of the week kicking Rocks short ass and any Terry haterz can %#@@$$^%&.......literally.

I-Drop
I did because of this mansion busting feat. laughing out loud Calm your hyper @ss down 'cuz ain't no Terry hating even going on right now. What curse word was that anyway?

swatson81
Sorry, but Rock is as good if not better than Terry. Of course Rock could win. Doesn't mean that Terry couldn't win just as many. Rock became the LEAD in Fatal Fury at the time of MOTW. People are literally blown away by his power and skill, he's regarded as a genius and the ultimate fighter.

There are those who are so talented it's frightening. Rock is one of these characters, but he didn't get that far on his own. One of the best fighters in existence was his teacher. Natural talent, plus being trained by a legend simply shouldn't be underestimated. Especially not in this case.

Rock can already go toe to toe with the best. Terry, Ken, Ryo, K', Ryu, Ken. It doesn't matter, all of these would be great fights. Rock even talks down to Yamazaki in KOFXIV when Yama tries to bully him. Just too good.

I'm excited to see Rock reach his full potential one day, but even if he's already there, he's more than enough for the majority of characters out there.

@2DMaster, please link that official story you referenced when you can. Thanks man!

P-Geyser
I agree with some of your analysis...though I disagree with some bit's. Rock is great, but I don't think he is better then Terry...maybe down the line, but not now. I usually go by character's story arc development and history. Rock had Terry growing up to teach him...Terry was basically self taught at a younger age then Rock...don't get me wrong he had his foster father Jeff and a little bit later Tung, but still he was on his own developing his skills as well as his personal growth. Terry had defeated Geese, Krauser and later The Jins and Grant. Rock is great no doubt, but I don't think he can sleep on those other characters that were mentioned. I wish we would get a MOTW's 2 to see what happens, Rock now that he went off with Kain and was sort of a douche to Terry.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.