Babel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solo
http://imdb.com/title/tt0449467/

The writer and director of Amorres Perros and 21 Grams team up again! Count me excited.

Morning_Glory
looking forward to this movie...looks good thumb up

MildPossession
Yeah liked the look of this since I saw previews when Cannes was on. Looks excellent.

sexyking
I really cant wait for this film hopefully its the film that gets pitt his oscar.

Punkyhermy
omg. Gorgeous film. so so well done!

Phat_Crabs
I cna't wait for this film to come out. Benicio Del Toro is rulz.

exanda kane
Bencio Del Toro? Don't you mean Guel Garcia Bernal?

And Babel was a nice watch, well not "nice", it was very uncomfortable and had my in wits of saying "Oh no...that can't happen to Brad Pitt, that's just too unfair for the guy" to meself all the way through. Guel Garcia Bernal yet again plays an interesting part, always a pleasure to watch.

It looks very nice, and I'm glad I've seen it, it was a harrowing experience, but I don't think I could pull myself to see it again, or buy the DVD, much in the same way I saw Syriana.

goatstradamus
This movie was one of the most intense and hard to watch movies I have ever seen in my life. That being said, I loved it.
It was an all around well done movie. Very REAL representation of the human condition.
I gotta agree with you about not going out of my way to see this again anytime soon though, its the kind of movie that you can only stand once.

Solo
Such an awful movie.

soin2cal
I am looking forward to seeing this..i adore elle fanning!

Rapscallion
it's a descent, but ultimately uninvolving and monochromatic film. the editing, cinematography, and performances are all nice, and it has the feeling that it is something important, but there is no dramatic tension because nothing really builds as a story. it's just a phenominology of misery, and at the end of it all, it is unclear what the point of it actuallly is.

my two cents.

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Solo
Such an awful movie.

how?!

soin2cal
whats this about really?

Myth
I have a question:

The Asian girl said her mother jumped off the balcony when she actually shot herself. Why would she lie about that?

PONG_MASTER
I loved this movie. I think it was one of the most honest films I had seen in a long time. It didn't sugarcoat anything, and of course - a chain reaction of people's actions like that it showed is kind of unlikely, but I think the point of it was to explain how many different people no matter how far or near can be affected by actions of one person. The Japanese girl was a bit out of the loop except for her father and all, but she was a really sad character. I f*cking loved the shots when it would show you things from her point of view with absolutely no sound in certain places, like the dance club or the dentist's office. I really enjoyed this movie. Walking out of it, I felt a bit depressed and bitter but it was a great movie that made me think for a little bit afterwards.

Morning_Glory
so... did the Japanese girl kill her own mother or did her father or??? or was it all an acident??I was so curious what she wrote on that note to the cop?

whiterose
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
so... did the Japanese girl kill her own mother or did her father or??? or was it all an acident??I was so curious what she wrote on that note to the cop?

wasn't the note simply just to say that she finally wants to talk to him about the truth?
and the mother jumped off out of depression with her witnessing. I guess the depression came from having her as a deaf daughter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.