The Galactic Empire vs. The Yuuzhan Vong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
The Empire:
Advantages
1. Strong, nearly cult of personality like fear and respect for Palpatine.
2. Is free to attack and assault on Palpatine's orders without being restricted by the Senate and greedy politicans.
3. A lack of what is right and what is wrong - use whatever is necessary to win.

Disadvantages:
1. Lacks the huge numbers of Jedi the New Republic had.
2. Division - some rebels against the Empire may in fact side with the Vong.

The Empire has its various superweapons as does the Vong have their own mega-weapons. If Palpatine with the Empire at its prime, had been invaded by the Vong, could they have stopped them?

Darth Sexy
I'd have to go with the Vong. Killing over 365 trillion people in the galaxy puts you in that "leet" category.

Null ARC Avis
THE empire PWNS. It has 25000 ISDs and millions of smaller ships. it has the genius of Grand Admiral Thrawn and it has a death star. The vong get destroyed!

Darth Kreiger
I don't know much about the Vong(I read the basic story for NWO, it sucked, so I didn't want to read em), but the Empire had a HUGE army, more than the New Republic could ever have, they win by numbers. And I doubt the Rebels would side with the Vong, are you insane? They would realise the Vong plan to be WORSE than the Emperor

ESB Vader
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I'd have to go with the Vong. Killing over 365 trillion people in the galaxy puts you in that "leet" category.

doest the 365 trillion people include the vong? they surely have died too

Darth_Glentract
The Empire has quadrillions of ground troops and the ability to construct thousands of new ISD's every week if they chose to. The Vong even said they would have been pwned by the Empire at it's peak.

Nikkolas
Really? I'd like that quote. I do believe you but it sounds really awesome and I might read the book it's in.

Darth_Glentract
It's not from any one book. It's from data gained from multiple sources. One of them is stardestroyer.net. You should check it out. The proof is there.

Null ARC Avis
yep. if you know math that is.

Tangible God
The 365 trillion dead include a mass of civilians you know, that number doesn't mean much.

And since the Vong feared attacking the Empire in the first place, why would they suddenly win now?

The Imps at their zenith had 25 000 ISD's, several Executors, countless support vessels, trillions if not quadrillions of troops, a galaxy under their direct control, a Death Star, the Sun Crusher, and a Sith Lord as their Emperor. The odds are not in the Vong's favour.

Escape81
Originally posted by Darth Sexy

As Glentract and Tangible God have already surmised, the Vong felt that they dodged a massive bullet by waiting for the Empire to be beaten back into the Imperial Remnant. That is why they only tried to accelerate the Empire's defeat. They never attacked when Palpatine was Emperor.

Grand Admiral Thrawn, in fact, only joined the Empire because he felt that they would annihilate the Yuuzhan Vong.

And, then of course, there's the simple fact that the Vong's war against the galaxy was just sheer slaughter against everyone other than themselves.

Palpatine and the Empire only attacked the Rebellion. They didn't go around randomly shooting every civilian and loyal Imperial that they saw.

ESB Vader
the retard vongs killed civilians too? havnt read that vong era yet, dont know which is the first.

ok but the empire with sidious the vongs are crushed because of his force storm and if they are using the eclipse, they have a super laser.
or vader incharge, he could maybe wipe out the small vong fighter ships.

or better still the fully built death star 2, 1 shot every few minutes

Tangible God
The Sith and the Superweapons would be a great help against the Vong, however it'd come to sheer numbers in the end.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Tangible God
The Sith and the Superweapons would be a great help against the Vong, however it'd come to sheer numbers in the end.

Which the Empire has.

Escape81
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Which the Empire has.

Amazing. Twenty five thousand Star Destroyers don't seem like enough (though I know that they were) to police a galaxy. How many Star Destroyers were in a sector fleet?

Darth Sexy
Can someone give a rough estimate of the total number of soldiers the Empire had, and the total number the Vong had?

Borbarad
Originally posted by Escape81
Amazing. Twenty five thousand Star Destroyers don't seem like enough (though I know that they were) to police a galaxy. How many Star Destroyers were in a sector fleet?

Just to quote myself...

480,000 Stardestroyers, 32 million other battle ships, troop numbers in the billions and this is the Empire without:
a) Operating Fleets that aren't assigned to sector defence
b) Not including troops / starfighters / attack vessels that were stationed on planets / the other combat ships
c) Completely ignoring Super-Stardestroyers, the Eclipse-Class Ships, the Deathstars and the other super-weapons.

The Vong are pwned !

Escape81
Fo' shizzle.

I knew that the Empire could take the Vong (or any other Star Wars military force yet known), but the "twenty five thousand" number doesn't seem incredibly intimidating when you look at the vast scope of the galaxy.

Nai, your calculations seem much more suitable.

Darth_Glentract
Well, that's just ISD's. That doesn't include dozen other different star destroyers in the fleet.

Escape81
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Well, that's just ISD's. That doesn't include dozen other different star destroyers in the fleet.

Forgot all about that.

ESB Vader
all the empire needs is sidous or vader to PWN, o yes death star and the eclipse,

and if they got the star forge, vongs r crushed

Escape81
Originally posted by ESB Vader
all the empire needs is sidous or vader to PWN, o yes death star and the eclipse,

and if they got the star forge, vongs r crushed

Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader are powerful, but considering how the Yuuzhan Vong are directly Force-resistent, Palpatine and Vader would have absolutely zero chance to defeat the Vong. Especially if you mean all of them.

Also, the Galactic Empire never had the Star Forge. It was destroyed by the Old Republic. The Empire had various drive yards and contractors to construct the Star Destroyers and various weaponry.

Regardless, Nai is correct, the Empire owns them.

ESB Vader
if we say DE palpatine coulddnt his force storm suck in all the retard vongs in?

and vader is said by obiwan at that time the best star pilot in the galaxy,
with vader in his tie fighter that would be an advantage to the empire even though they will still win.
vader could win against warriors but not the overlord,

and im just saying "what if" they had the star forge, another advantage.

Tangible God
Vader's a great pilot, but facing against the entire Vong armada, he's f*cked.

And we've already determined that the Empire pwns without the SF.

Plus if NJO Luke and his Jedi cronies can't take on the Vong with ease, then Vader sure ain't.

yettoh
well if im right its the vong who killed chewie i think when they tried to save a planet

Nikkolas
It comes down to how Palpatine may mobilize his various dark side adepts. The Hands and the hundreds, if not thousands, of others. They will not be hampered by the Senate and anti-Jedi rhetoric as well as a Chief of State who forbids them from taking action. They will be at the disposal of a master intellectual with people like Thrawn to aid him in finding the best place for their talents. Similarly, they do not abide by the light. Anything goes against the Vong. Kill, maim and destroy. The Vong are very open to using the environment with THe Force to kill them. Strategically deploying dark siders with no restraint on what the methods they use to kill the Vong be very useful.

Escape81
You know, I'm curious . . . the Yuuzhan Vong themselves are immune to direct Force attacks. But are their ships immune to it? Would Palpatine still be able to summon a Force Storm ? When one thinks about it - it creates a hyperspace wormhole - which can be controlled by the Force.

Either way, the Vong dies. The Empire is simply too powerful for them to defeat.

galan7777777
the empire takes this one sw_ani

jollyjim311
You know, I'm curious . . . the Yuuzhan Vong themselves are immune to direct Force attacks. But are their ships immune to it? Would Palpatine still be able to summon a Force Storm ? When one thinks about it - it creates a hyperspace wormhole - which can be controlled by the Force.

Either way, the Vong dies. The Empire is simply too powerful for them to defeat.

Force Storm would probably work, but, only because it tears space and that would do damage to ships. Other force attacks wouldn't affect them.

Quinlan_Vos
Vong lose.

ESB Vader
vongs r retards

Rampant ox
Just out of interest would the Rebellion have any chance against the Vong? They did defeat the Empire at arguably the height of their power.

Nikkolas
I doubt it. Killing Shimrra would not result in the end of the Vong. They're much too different in structure from the Empire. The Rebels wouldn't stand a chance, given the fact they mostly only had old crap-for-crap ships in their fleet. A miracle helped Ackbar survive the attack on the second Death Star but he wouldn't make it passed a full-on Vong assault.

Escape81
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Just out of interest would the Rebellion have any chance against the Vong? They did defeat the Empire at arguably the height of their power.

No, Rampant.

As Nai has tried to reinforce, the Rebellion only engaged the Empire in a few battles. They themselves had to rely on "hit-and-run tactics" because they'd be slaughtered in a straight up fight. Hell, the only reason they won in A New Hope is because Grand Moff Tarkin wouldn't unleash the TIE squadron (arrogance). They got pwned in the Empire Strikes Back. And they almost got pwned again in Return of the Jedi.

They won there due to Palpatine's arrogance. Even still, twenty percent of their fleet was destroyed.

Tangible God
No, Rampant.

As Nai has tried to reinforce, the Rebellion only engaged the Empire in a few battles. They themselves had to rely on "hit-and-run tactics" because they'd be slaughtered in a straight up fight. Hell, the only reason they won in A New Hope is because Grand Moff Tarkin wouldn't unleash the TIE squadron (arrogance). They got pwned in the Empire Strikes Back. And they almost got pwned again in Return of the Jedi.

They won there due to Palpatine's arrogance. Even still, twenty percent of their fleet was destroyed. Plus they were fighting only a miniscule fraction of the Imperial Fleet, contrary to Noob belief.

Rampant ox
No, Rampant.

They won there due to Palpatine's arrogance. Even still, twenty percent of their fleet was destroyed.

OK thanks. I was just wondering. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.