singapore is too far away

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

katelovespirate
ummm, ya know how in these films, they seem to be able to get around the caribbean remarkably quickly?

How are they going to do that as far as singapore... cause it would take a ship like theirs close on a month to sail to singapore, to be realistic. unless Tia jumps in and zaps them all there, i dont understand how that is going to work...

sailorleo
using the magical skillz of the director/editor (which i mean transitions and such)

katelovespirate
no but i mean with the pacing of the film... they cant just have a month lapse every time they want to pop to singapore, ya know? like, they always have like 5 different things going on at once--- they show the pearl going somewhere, and then they cut to some drama in port royal, and then they cut back to the pearl and voila, its arrived at its destination.

but it will be kind of silly if they try to do that with this--- like, have a little scene and then suddenly they are in singapore--- ya know???

sailorleo
hm...well maybe it'll be like muppet treasure island and when nothing's going on with the pearl they'll break out into a musical number like cabin fever

willofthewisp
Maybe it will show them when they've been traveling for about two weeks or so and then weird things will happen to fill up time and then they'll get to Singapore?

katelovespirate
wierd things... jack and lizzie... that cabin... hehehehe

sailorleo
yeah...uh huh...some how i don't see it....in our version yes....

katelovespirate
what WAS singapore like in the 1500/1600s??? time for some research... LOL

jessigem
i think it was still called Singapore.....that's what they call it in the movie.
and you really have to think about it: they're going to singapore to save jack(or theyre going there after they save jack) FROM A PURGATORY or whatever its called. if that's possible in the movie, then anythings possible. AND if they had the pearl then they could probably get there in a week. but they don't sad so yeah, it'll probably take them a few weeks.

katelovespirate
oh i think they get Jack and the pearl and THEN go to singapore... cause Jack is definately in on the singapore action, and without the pearl, it would take them FOREVER to get to there.

so i guess they get Jack relatively early in the film, but i still dont know WHY they are going to singapore...

diddly-dum
Originally posted by katelovespirate
no but i mean with the pacing of the film... they cant just have a month lapse every time they want to pop to singapore, ya know? like, they always have like 5 different things going on at once--- they show the pearl going somewhere, and then they cut to some drama in port royal, and then they cut back to the pearl and voila, its arrived at its destination.

but it will be kind of silly if they try to do that with this--- like, have a little scene and then suddenly they are in singapore--- ya know???
Movie magic,.. and they don't shoot the scenes in sequence,.. they may di scenes 1,9,7,10,3 an the black pearl in one shooting but they aren't in order,.. get that??

mmoviejunkie
uh...movies never shoot in order

diddly-dum
thats what I said

mmoviejunkie
oh, sorry i thought that you were implying that it was weird to film out of order

diddly-dum
no,.. I was implying it was natural

katelovespirate
NO guys i dont mean the movies will be shot out of sequence... LOL... i know they shoot out of sequence. hahaha. i just meant thats a lot of artistic license to take. haha

diddly-dum
erm

mmoviejunkie
um....what's that?

diddly-dum
ya

ivebeendepped43
??

katelovespirate
i mean its artistic license to imply that you can get from port royal to singapore in like 2 days or whatever. its stretching reality way too far.
we can buy that they can shoot around the caribbean pretty fast, they have a slightly special ship and all... but they cant just pop over to singapore in the same amount of time.
i just mean they are going to have to show some time passing, that all. LOL...

ivebeendepped43
i agree

mmoviejunkie
well i dont think most people when they are watching the movie are going to be thinking 'that's not realistic they've only been sailing for a day' i mean if they imply that a week or more has gone by people are going to want to know what has happened in that time, and a week is too long to film

ivebeendepped43
yeah, i really dont think peeps pay attention to that

katelovespirate
lol i guess im just wierd big grin

piratechic32123
or they could be like me and not know where the heck singapore is!

piratechic32123
i know this is weird to ask but how do you get smileys on your reply/comment thing?
i'm new.

mmoviejunkie
singapore is in japan

and you just click on the add smilies button which is on the left of where you type

zeeco
i thought Singapore was on its own, its not part of Japan is it??
I am asking cuz of what mmoviejunkie said.......

katelovespirate
singapore isnt in japan. its its own tiny country island off the bottom of malaysia, right across from the Indonesian Island Sumatra. its actually quite far away from japan. i've been, its nice. big grin

piratechic32123
Who really cares where Singapore is as long as Jack and Will do.pirate

mmoviejunkie
ooh i thought that it was in japan 'cause one time in one of my classes they were talking about...well i really don't know, but Singapore caught my attention just 'cause it reminded me of pirates and they said something about japan so i just assumed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.