Richard Kelly's 'Southland Tales'...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ya Krunk'd Floo

BackFire
He had a presentation about this movie at the San Diego Comic Con last year, I attended.

He showed a clip of the film, seems very weird.

While he was talking about it, I got the impression that he's trying to do to much with this movie. It seems to be a comedy/drama/sci fi/action/musical/social commentary. In all honesty, I was really looking forward to this movie before I saw the panel, but now I'm not sure about it. It looks like he's trying too hard to be unique and the movie may suffer because of it. Most movies that try to do too much end up suffering because of it, they do everything, but nothing very well.

I'm still looking forward too it and will see it as soon as I can, but I'm a bit skepical now.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
That's interesting, but even if the things you say do come to pass, I still think it's great that he is trying to make something a little original.

Here's hoping...

BackFire
Yeah, it is nice, but I don't think he's got enough experience under his belt to try and bite off so much. He's only made one movie, basically. He probably should have saved a movie of this scope for later when his skills develop a bit more.

MildPossession
Ooo same here, saw it way before it became 'cool', so me cool too...

Anyway, Southland Tales is a film I am looking forwards to, even with the cast... It's having a lot of problems apparently, so probably will not see it for some time.

Solo
Personally, I can't wait.

MildPossession
Apparently it's not having problems now lol. He said it's all going fine at the moment.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by MildPossession
Ooo same here, saw it way before it became 'cool', so me cool too...

Cool. We're both cool, then. Cool. Although, I'm probably a little cooler. Cool.

Originally posted by MildPossession
Anyway, Southland Tales is a film I am looking forwards to, even with the cast...

Yeah, the cast does seem a little suspect: The Rock, Seann William Scott, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jon Lovitz, Justin Timberlake, etc...but I'm willing to hold my judgment. Also, hasn't this movie been screened already? I thought it was shown at Cannes...

Solo
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I thought it was shown at Cannes...
It was. It didn't go through very well. But Donnie Darko screened at Cannes too, and it didn't go through very well either.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
These are a couple of good little scenes from the movie:

Good little scene from 'Southland Tales'.

Don't forget about me...

The tone seems perfect.

Tptmanno1
Is this out yet or what? I'm slightly confused, but seeing as Donnie Darko is like one of my most favorite movies ever I'll see it...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
ETA: Mid to late September.

Kram3r
I really don't know what to think of the cast other that it being peculiar. On the bright side, The plot summary sounds very interesting. I personally have been waiting for this film for ages ever since Donnie Darko, which was way back. Either way, I can't wait for this movie.

SheWants
The trailer is finally out. Can't wait!
TRAILER

DARKLORDCAEDUS
This looks fascinating. I'll take a wait and see approach.

zombieman
Personally I think this has got stinker written all over it. A textbook example of what can go wrong when an established indie director suddenly gets a massive budget to play with.

Zebedee
Originally posted by zombieman
Personally I think this has got stinker written all over it. A textbook example of what can go wrong when an established indie director suddenly gets a massive budget to play with.
Well it appeared so after Canne.... Who knows though? We shall see. Let's hope it's a masterpiece.

wuTa
I've been waiting so see this movie for sometime, hasn't it had quite a few delays? From the sound of it I agree with Backfire that the directors is trying to do too much with the movie. Stiffler, and The Rock had great chemistry in The Rundown, but it will be interested to see what Gellar does with her role, I'm not expecting too much from Timberlake, I figure he's gonna blow his scenes, or steal them(I'm predicting the former).

MildPossession
I'm not happy with most of the cast at all, but apart from that it looks pretty pretty good, have been looking forwards to it for donkeys.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.