Did Speilberg making A.I. piss you off?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

alan_smithee
Kubrick worked so long on that film, what was it 11 or 12 years. It could have been the best film of all time, but he felt he didn't have the effects for it.

Then Steven came along and made a nice little family film with Haley Joel.
I would've given anything to see Kubrick's dark version of what he called his definitive masterpeice. The movie he wanted to make would've been brilliant......doesn't it piss anyone else off this happened?

I will never see another Speilberg movie. I hate this man, he ruined A.I.

By the way, I'm new.

Opinion on this A.I. situation?

BackFire349
i like A.I. true, its not anywhere as good as it woulda been if kubrick woulda directed it, but it was still a good dark film, especially for spielberg. i doubt it woulda been the best movie of all time, its going to be hard to top cuckoos nest for that crown, but it woulda been brilliant.

alan_smithee
I truely hate Steven Speilburg for the following reasons:

1- A.I.
2- Jurrassic Park 2
3- Saving Privet Ryan was contrived crap and took away from 'The Tthin Red Line' which was 10 times more accurate and just plain better
4- Editing peices of Eyes Wide Shut
5- Hook

Speilberg has single handedly destroyed all that is cinema. **** him, can I say that word or no?

mah
say what you want, but spielberg is one of the greatest

BackFire349
i dont like saving private ryan either, but thin red line is far worse.

Ushgarak
Nonsense! Thin Red Line is brilliant.

AI was... um... hmmm... yeah.

BackFire349
thin red line was so boring, i couldnt even finish watching it. if you want a brilliant war movie go rent full metal jacket, platoon, paths of glory, or the deer hunter.

Tex
If you want to blame anyone for AI alan, blame Kubrick.
Afterall, he's the one who handed the project over to Speilberg.

AI was marvelous...........

alan_smithee
All I have to say about that is Jurrassic Park 2. I win.

BackFire349
what about jurassic park 2? all he wanted to do was do some neat action scenes, and he did.

ToMacco
A.I. Artificial Intelegence was very, very good.

If Kubrick had made it, it would have been extremely bizzare.

Speilberg did a fantastic job, and Hale Joel was excelent.

BackFire349
extremely bizzare and extremely good. it was like spielberg couldnt decide if he wanted to make the movie dark and eerie, or his normal light and happy type movie.

mechmoggy
AI could have been so much better. As I stated in the original review section, I couldn't wait for the bloody film to end it went on so freakin long.

I knew the idea of the film was to feel a connection with the little boy because he just wanted to be loved, but in my eyes he was nothing but a piece of machinery, period. The best bit of the whole film is the damn teddy bear.

Ushgarak
I thought it was flawed, for sure.

Tex
Teddy flawed?
How dare you!

I really liked how they flooded New York
with the WTC sticking out of the ice

alan_smithee
Jurrassic Park 2 was the worst film ever made don't b.s. about that.

The A.I. Kubrick wanted is far differant from the one you saw. Don't doubt that.

And I realize Kubrick gave Speilberg permission to make it, but I can't imagine why he would. A.I. was as Kubrick had said, supposed to be his masterpeice, but he didn't have the effects, so he put off the 11 years he'd already put into it to make 'Eyes Wide Shut.' Steven had no right to make the film, and I doubt Kubrick wanted him to make it a family friendly role either. That's my two cents, love them.

mah
well spielberg hadn't very much to do with JP2 had he

BackFire349
do you like any spielberg movies? or have you only seen a few and are judging them all off of those few. plus why are you bitching about A.I. kubrick died, even if he wanted to he wouldnt have been able to make the movie. so it was either this version (which was good no matter what incoherent facts you have to say) or no version at all.

alan_smithee
I've seen most of Steven's work, and it's all crap excluding 'Amistad', which I believe he made from his heart. Other than that, it's all crap, he ruined cinema.

Kubrick is dead? Don't ever disrespect that man. He lives on forever.

Ushgarak
Now, I think it is rather OTT to say that Spielberg ruined cinema!

mechmoggy
Yeah, what about Jaws and Indy?

BackFire349
um, i didnt disrespect kubrick, i mean, i cant help it if he's dead. i love kubrick just as much or more then you do. just cuz i mentioned we're no longer blessed with his presence is no way disrespectful.

also have you seen schindlers list? its a masterpiece. roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
I found Thin red line boring too.... AI never saw it

LaurenE147
Did anybody see the South Park Episode where they were trying to save Raider's of the Lost Ark from Lucas and Speilberg, and Speilberg made Lucas give the movie back after Lucas was going to give the neagatives back.

BackFire349
yeah it was funny. george lucas sounded like a nerd laughing out loud

finti
eh and Spielberg didnt ????? He is kind of nerdy too

LaurenE147
They're both nerds. I liked the Speilberg cameo in Goldmember.

"My little friend here thinks the movie is just fine." *holding up an Oscar.

mechmoggy
That was good, not as good as Kevin Spacey and Danny DeVito though. That s**t cracked me up! laughing out loud

LaurenE147
That was really funny. I almost cheered when Britney got blown up.

mechmoggy
I love the 1st film when Austin is trying to explain why he was getting his mojo on with those hot ladies and he said they had "...stuff coming out of thier jubblies....".

I use "jubblies" all the time, its a real English word and to hear it said in a major Hollywood picture was funny. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.