The Power of the Dark Side

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
Is it just the byproduct of the state of mind of a force user or is it actually a malevolent force in the galaxy?

If it is actually a malevolent prescence that fills the galaxy, then Kreia's actions of trying to "destroy" the force would almost be justified...

FeceMan
Originally posted by zephiel7
Is it just the byproduct of the state of mind of a force user or is it actually a malevolent force in the galaxy?

If it is actually a malevolent prescence that fills the galaxy, then Kreia's actions of trying to "destroy" the force would almost be justified...
Byproduct.

The witches of Dathomir would use "dark side" powers, despite having no formal training, and they became twisted and evil due to it.

zephiel7
Originally posted by FeceMan
Byproduct.

The witches of Dathomir would use "dark side" powers, despite having no formal training, and they became twisted and evil due to it.

Really? The concept of being unable to return to the light once one has touched the power of the darkside seems strange. Once a Jedi touches power, it is difficult to resist the temptation of acquiring further power, true, but I don't thing that it is mentally impossible to resist the pull.

It almost seems as if there is an evil force preventing the said force user from returning back to goodness.

Tangible God
It's human, (or in Star Wars, sentient) to desire power, in some form or another. We all want to be the best or be really good at what we do, a Dark Sider is no different. Only to them, they have the power of the Force at their disposal. Add in the fact that the Dark Side feeds of our built in negative energies, one can find it very difficult to turn away from such power and strength after delving so far into them, which is what can mentally corrupt the Dark Sider.

Null ARC Avis
Bane said it is spreading thin among sith, meaning it is a thing in the galaxy. Remember, the force is an ENERGY FIELD, with two sides, apparently.

Archangelysses
The force is an energy field, but it does not have sides. It is just the force. The difference between what is deemed the light side and the dark side is all in the hands of the practitioner.

The Jedi use the force for knowledge and defense - not for personal gain and pleasure.

The Sith use the force for destruction and control. They feed of their passions and therefore pervert the usage of the force.

Basic Example (I did say BASIC)

If I light a fire to keep myself warm and to cook food to eat then there is no misuse of the power of fire. However, if I light a fire to burn down a house or start a massive bushfire then there is misuse of that power. In itself the power of fire is neither good nor bad. Only the usage of that power can determine its positive or negative outcomes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.