The Midnighter vs. Spider-man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
This ISN'T Iron Spider-man. Who wins this battle?

DigiMark007
I have to believe Spider-sense is one of the few things MN'er couldn't readily account for with his implants (from everything I've seen). Even if he could figure out what Parker can do in that sense, battle calculations become almost moot when a person can sense your moves before you execute them.

Thus, I'd have to side with SM, because MN'er hasn't shown himself to be stronger or faster than Spidey, and would have to out-think him to win.

Spider 7/10. But good fight.

batdude123
I THOUGHT this would get your attention. stick out tongue

batdude123
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I have to believe Spider-sense is one of the few things MN'er couldn't readily account for with his implants (from everything I've seen). Even if he could figure out what Parker can do in that sense, battle calculations become almost moot when a person can sense your moves before you execute them.

Thus, I'd have to side with SM, because MN'er hasn't shown himself to be stronger or faster than Spidey, and would have to out-think him to win.

Anyway, can't Midnighter's mind come up with millions of plans per second? He's like Deathstroke in a sense. So couldn't he also see what Spider-man would be doing via his enhanced mind?

However, Spider-man IS faster and stronger than him, but he doesn't have the weapons nor does he have the mind or the fighting skills that Midnighter does. But you're probably right since you now a lot more about Midnighter than I do. Spider-man 7/10.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by batdude123
I THOUGHT this would get your attention. stick out tongue

lol. Of course it did. wink

...and I'm a big MN'er fan too, so I'm a lot closer to being unbiased in this fight than in most Spidey threads.

...a lot of people put more stock in MN'ers calculating abilities than me, though, so there's probably some that would side with him. But I just can't see him accurately accounting for spider-sense, even with his insane calculating ability, and his weapon arsenal and power set isn't anything Parker hasn't dealt with many times before.

MN'er a beast, but I just think it's a rough match-up for him, because all the battle scenarios in the world can't account for something that essentially amounts to low-level pre-cog.

batdude123

...and I'm a big MN'er fan too, so I'm a lot closer to being unbiased in this fight than in most Spidey threads.

...a lot of people put more stock in MN'ers calculating abilities than me, though, so there's probably some that would side with him. But I just can't see him accurately accounting for spider-sense, even with his insane calculating ability, and his weapon arsenal and power set isn't anything Parker hasn't dealt with many times before.

MN'er a beast, but I just think it's a rough match-up for him, because all the battle scenarios in the world can't account for something that essentially amounts to low-level pre-cog.

That's true, but with his enhanced mind, couldn't he also be avoiding Spider-man's blows at least for a little bit? I also think it's important to take into account their personalities. MN'er would probably be going for the kill, whereas Spider-man would probably just try to stop and disable him without hurting him TOO badly.

DigiMark007
True enough, but SM's too fast not to hit MN'er with webs and/or punches eventually, and it would take fewer to down MN'er than vice-versa. I'm not saying MN'er doesn't hold his own (I have him winning 3/10) but just most of the time.

And Pete's more than capable of upping his game once he sees Mn'er is out for blood. KO'ing him would still be within his moral code, while not pulling punches and such.

batdude123
Yeah, Spider-man 7/10 seems fair.

B dot Rob
Spidey would win the majority, especially if he realises that Midnighter only can really get the mojo working if the opponent makes the first move.

Metalmanx

True enough, but SM's too fast not to hit MN'er with webs and/or punches eventually, and it would take fewer to down MN'er than vice-versa. I'm not saying MN'er doesn't hold his own (I have him winning 3/10) but just most of the time.

And Pete's more than capable of upping his game once he sees Mn'er is out for blood. KO'ing him would still be within his moral code, while not pulling punches and such.

Couldn't have put it better myself. I agree completely. thumb up

capt it up
spiderman.

StarsNeverFall7
Spidey takes a majority 7/10..I do have to agree though, Midnighter is a beast...

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by batdude123
Anyway, can't Midnighter's mind come up with millions of plans per second? He's like Deathstroke in a sense. So couldn't he also see what Spider-man would be doing via his enhanced mind?

Actually, comparing Slade and Midnighter is more or less comparing literal to narrative. To be honest, Slade is the man when it comes to snap decisions, and thinks really fast. The difference between him and Midnighter is that Midnigher quite literally knows how the battle will pan out. Slade just comes up with a strategim because he's naturally a quick thinker.

Midnighter is honestly Slade's superior in every way possible, and this is a HUGE Deathstroke fan telling you this. Most of Slade's low feats wouldn't even be plausible for Midnighter.

Okay, that ends my Slade tyrade.

carver9
I think that midnight takes this. Daredevil beat spiderman and quite easily and midnight is a better fighter than daredevil, he is stronger than daredevil, moves faster than daredevil, along with his other power set.

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by carver9
I think that midnight takes this. Daredevil beat spiderman and quite easily and midnight is a better fighter than daredevil, he is stronger than daredevil, moves faster than daredevil, along with his other power set.

What the f**k?

You are aware that Spider-Man has taken more than his fare share of wins against Murdock, right?

Or is your head buried too far up Wolverine's bunghole?

marvelprince

Plz, plz, plz pick up some Spider-Man comics.

Very nicely put

Symmetric Chaos

Wait . . . what?

Spiderman 7/10 its a good match up but Spidey has a couple of substantial advantages.

Loot
midnighter could probably pull some victories due to his killer instinct, spiderman is not a murderer, but on terms of power spiderman should be victorious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.