DC Ares vs. Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
????????

roughrider
This could be a fun match. DC Ares is quite fearsome; Loki will need his best trickery and magic, or it will be a painful day for the Serpent of Asgard. wink

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by roughrider
This could be a fun match. DC Ares is quite fearsome; Loki will need his best trickery and magic, or it will be a painful day for the Serpent of Asgard. wink DC Ares, toyed with the JLA...

Jesse7
DC Ares toyed with DC earth, that and he had the godwave didn't he?

galan7777777
ares ftw

roughrider
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
DC Ares, toyed with the JLA...

And Loki has toyed and fooled the Avengers.
They originally formed to stop him, a long time ago.

D-Block
I think Ares wins this fight.

Mider999
since when does the avengers=JLA im just asking, anyway even before the godwave ares toyed with DC earth almost destroying it by causing the nations to go to war and kill themselves if he had though he would have killed anyone who believed in him and thus killed himself.

juggernaut66666
Ares 10/10

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by roughrider
And Loki has toyed and fooled the Avengers.
They originally formed to stop him, a long time ago.
You compare to JLA to the avengers laughing laughing laughing

roughrider
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
You compare to JLA to the avengers laughing laughing laughing

Classic Avengers, yes. Not the current group.

juggernaut66666
Pff anyway dc Ares would beat loki in SECONDS

guy222
kid loki ftw

quanchi112
Loki wins.

Q99
Ares; it was made clear that his and Athena's power both increased in the modern age until they got close to Zeus. He even dethroned Hades.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
Ares; it was made clear that his and Athena's power both increased in the modern age until they got close to Zeus. He even dethroned Hades. So ? Loki has seized asgard for himself but what does that have to do with matching up in a one on one thread.

Konton
Originally posted by Q99
Ares; it was made clear that his and Athena's power both increased in the modern age until they got close to Zeus. He even dethroned Hades.

Still, Diana did him in with an axe ;p

Anywho, a non-jobbing Ares doesn't have much trouble here.

Q99
Ares is very directly powerful.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by quanchi112
So ? Loki has seized asgard for himself but what does that have to do with matching up in a one on one thread.

unlike marvel gods its a measure power in dc...so yea it does have alot to do with it

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sin I AM
unlike marvel gods its a measure power in dc...so yea it does have alot to do with it So he forcibly removed hades from power ?

Q99
Yep, and killed him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
Yep, and killed him. What issue ?

Lord Feron
Classic Loki should be able to handle DC ares. Current Loki is well... a child, great schemer but he would get rocks in a fight.

JakeTheBank
I'm not sure why people think Ares would have an easy time beating Loki...?

abhilegend
Ares.

Q99
Dunno the exact issue, but it was late in Rucka's run.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Probably because he's normally portrayed as at least trans level.

I mean, I just read Gods of Gotham the other day, and the three gods there, not slouches in themselves (in DC, even relatively minor gods are normally herald level, unlike Marvel where only a few people in the pantheon are), were all clearly sure that Ares could kill them rather casually.

He also killed Highfather, Darkseid's rival.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Q99

I mean, I just read Gods of Gotham the other day, and the three gods there, not slouches in themselves (in DC, even relatively minor gods are normally herald level, unlike Marvel where only a few people in the pantheon are), were all clearly sure that Ares could kill them rather casually.

I don't really have issues with him beating Loki, tbh.

But considering Loki's abilities and feats, I doubt it would be easy. Hell, the reason why Thor does well against Loki is because of Mjolnir which is able to counter a great deal of Loki's magical assault.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Q99

he prepped for a while to strike Highfather yes?

Hyperion Prime
Ares would win...even though I prefer loki to win.

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

I don't think anyones really saying that. No one worth paying attention to, at any rate.

Anyways..

Ares wins, with ease. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/whistling1.gif

Rage.Of.Olympus
I know the Olympian Gods were vulnerable to mystically enchanted weapons (Ares used an axe to kill Hades by stabbing him in the back, one of the Amazon's stabbed Ares in the chest and hurt him, Neptune had to flee from Hades' minions etc.), but Diana one shot killing him was still embarrassing. Going to ignore that lack of combat sense. I know Granny Goodness -and I think some Shadow Demons- was able to capture and imprison him along with the rest of the Olympians but I'm going to ignore that as well.

Anyways, what are some of Ares' combat feats? I know he once defeated Highfather in combat (Was he amped here? Been a while since I read the Genesis storyline) but I'm not sure that's enough evidence to say he definitely beats Loki, much less easily. IIRC he also one shotted Heracles during the Genesis story line with a surprise attack to the back of the head with a staff and I think he stalemated God Mars. Drawing a blank on anything else. He spends a lot of time manipulating events in the background so I never payed much attention to him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I know the Olympian Gods were vulnerable to mystically enchanted weapons (Ares used an axe to kill Hades by stabbing him in the back, one of the Amazon's stabbed Ares in the chest and hurt him, Neptune had to flee from Hades' minions etc.), but Diana one shot killing him was still embarrassing. Going to ignore that lack of combat sense. I know Granny Goodness -and I think some Shadow Demons- was able to capture and imprison him along with the rest of the Olympians but I'm going to ignore that as well.

Anyways, what are some of Ares' combat feats? I know he once defeated Highfather in combat (Was he amped here? Been a while since I read the Genesis storyline) but I'm not sure that's enough evidence to say he definitely beats Loki, much less easily. IIRC he also one shotted Heracles during the Genesis story line with a surprise attack to the back of the head with a staff and I think he stalemated God Mars. Drawing a blank on anything else. He spends a lot of time manipulating events in the background so I never payed much attention to him. He wasn't amped he just waited for the right moment and channeled his energies then while Izaya wasn't in his best shape for the fight. Ares was stomped along with his entire pantheon by Cronus like they were children.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by abhilegend
Ares.

Q99
At that point he just let himself die, so he could live on as a spirit.

Originally posted by quanchi112
He wasn't amped he just waited for the right moment and channeled his energies then while Izaya wasn't in his best shape for the fight. Ares was stomped along with his entire pantheon by Cronus like they were children.

I'll note that Cronus took down two pantheons including their skyfathers, so that doesn't speak too poorly of him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Scan? I know he was skimming from the Underworld and using his death to an advantage but I don't remember him planning to die.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
At that point he just let himself die, so he could live on as a spirit.

I'll note that Cronus took down two pantheons including their skyfathers, so that doesn't speak too poorly of him. After he defeated them he amped himself and then got more powerful as the story progressed. He didn't need an amp to rock this pantheon they were defeated rather easily.

Q99
Cronus did have a pantheon with him, too.

Also, after he froze the entire Greek pantheon into stone, Ares was the first to break free.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Scan? I know he was skimming from the Underworld and using his death to an advantage but I don't remember him planning to die.

It may just me my interpretation. But he did just stand there and not fight back, and Athena had just pulled a similar 'use death to my advantage' plan.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
Cronus did have a pantheon with him, too.

Also, after he froze the entire Greek pantheon into stone, Ares was the first to break free.

It may just me my interpretation. But he did just stand there and not fight back, and Athena had just pulled a similar 'use death to my advantage' plan. Yes, and his pantheon easily stomped them into submission.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.