Link vs Mario, Luigi, Peach & Toad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The-Judge
well?

Krone
link

JacopeX
Peach and Toad wont make through the first part of the fight.

Link vs MArio and Luigi is better wink

The big EH
link would kick all of their a$$es at once he is probally one of the strongest nintendo characters and is the second most reconisable character ever and the nintendo number one character and is the star in the number one nintendo game acording to the NP Crew

kamikz
Link.

Blanka
link loses if mario has his weapons

Lana
Is the second bunch fighting as a team?

If not, this is against the rules.

Blanka
Originally posted by Lana
Is the second bunch fighting as a team?

If not, this is against the rules.

yeah its.
link vs mario + luigi+peach+toad

SpadeKing
mario and luigi continously jumps on Link's head until Link finally chops them up

Lana
Originally posted by Blanka
yeah its.
link vs mario + luigi+peach+toad

It has to specify this in the first post. Guys are lucky I'm even asking, as if it's not specified to be the case, I assume otherwise.

The-Judge
Link >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VS<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< mario, luigi, peach & toad. see the "VS". there is only one, between link and the others. that means its a team vs one characterwink logicbig grin

Lana
No it does not necessarily mean that, unless it says that which ever side has more than three is fighting as a team, it is against the rules. You can have multiple people fighting another person and not fighting as a team.

elivanchu
mario alone can defeat link easily... link is squashed in this match

KronikSausage
Here's how it happeneds.
Link and mario meet up and begin the duel mario picks up a light saber and attacks link with a first strike, link blockes it and shoots his grappling hook at mario and throws him against a wall, Mario is still alive but minorly hurt. Peach and toad enter the game, Link shoots one arrow at toads head and instantily kills him. Peach runs at link and attempts her "ha-cha" exploding butt smashing move off of ssbm, Link shoves his sword up peaches ass and kills her. Mario then throws a b-bomb at link but link blocks it with his shield and is only minorly damaged. Then luigi appears in the game, Luigi attacks link but as link draws his sword at him he falls back. Link then charges luigi and luigi throws a green fireball at him he tries to slash luigi but he double jumps in the air then jumps on links head, Link then grabs luigi's head and hurls him at mario. Mario and luigi both attack him as team mates but link throws his boomerang and knocks luigi out, the boomerang recoils back and try's to kill mario but mario ducks throwing a fireball at topspeed shortly after. The fireball hits links chest and leave's a 2nd degree burn mark. Link howls in a fury of rage and attacks Mario as Mario does to Link to avenge his comrads. They both draw there swords and slice eachother but link only gets mario's arm as mario gets links head. Link is decapitated but mario is without and arm and cannot fight again. Mario wins

The-Judge
one of the teammembers cant do a shit against linksmile link is better than ryu, and ryu is better than the team. only together, they stands a chance

MetaHybrid
I'm pretty sure Mario's:

120 Power Stars
120 Shine Sprites
7 Star road peices
7 Star Spirits
7 Crystal Stars
1 Beanstar
1 Star Rod

are going to help him in this match, He'll have so much power won't he? The Bean Star and Star Rod can give him anything he wants. The Power Stars can turn paintings into worlds. the Crystal Stars, can stop time, or instant kill Link. Plus Mario has 100 1up mushrooms. :P

kamikz
1up mushrooms are gameplay. That's like saying continues work for Hitman in Codename 47.

MetaHybrid
Originally posted by kamikz
1up mushrooms are gameplay. That's like saying continues work for Hitman in Codename 47.

Well it COULD be gameplay, but it could actually be something that is used in the mushroom kingdom, that brings you back when your dead. In Mario and Luigi SuperStar Saga a 1up mushroom can be used to revive a fallen party member, and in Paper Mario 2 the thousand year door the 1up mushroom automaticaly revives a fallen party member when they are knocked out. SO I would say it could be used. It's pretty much like Link's faries. smile

EDIT: Or they could just use a "Pick me up" from Super Mario RPG, that does the same thing.

kamikz
No, it is a gameplay mechanism to not make the game impossible. Link's fairys is a bad example, since they actually use their power in cut scenes to heal him, while the others are used in gameplay. You can clearly see Mario die, then suddenly he's back at the beginning of the level. Not the same thing...

And the fairys are powered by the great fairys, which from MM are describes as "with goldlike power, could wipe out armies easily..."

MetaHybrid
Originally posted by kamikz
No, it is a gameplay mechanism to not make the game impossible. Link's fairys is a bad example, since they actually use their power in cut scenes to heal him, while the others are used in gameplay. You can clearly see Mario die, then suddenly he's back at the beginning of the level. Not the same thing...

And the fairys are powered by the great fairys, which from MM are describes as "with goldlike power, could wipe out armies easily..."

I don't think you read my entire post look at this examples:

In Mario and Luigi SuperStar Saga a 1up mushroom can be used to revive a fallen party member, and in Paper Mario 2 the thousand year door the 1up mushroom automaticaly revives a fallen party member when they are knocked out.

Both games are RPG genre. They are like the Phoenix downs of Final fantasy.

The-Judge
well, the 1-up mushrooms dont revive you when youre dead. mario must be alive to eat it.

MetaHybrid
In Paper Mario 2 they automatically revive you.

kamikz
Originally posted by MetaHybrid
I don't think you read my entire post look at this examples:

In Mario and Luigi SuperStar Saga a 1up mushroom can be used to revive a fallen party member, and in Paper Mario 2 the thousand year door the 1up mushroom automaticaly revives a fallen party member when they are knocked out.

Both games are RPG genre. They are like the Phoenix downs of Final fantasy.

That's exactly what I mean, without Phoenix down in FF you could not revive your party members. It's like saying the ability "life" actually gives Yuna the ability to give back life to her partners, however, if someone dies in the FF games, do you ever see them reviving them with Phoenix downs...
Without it, it would be impossible...

The-Judge
MetaHybrid, thats a kind of game mechanic... it has done different things through the games and this is the only time where it does so

MetaHybrid
So something used so Extensively in a series (talking about the 1up mushroom) is not going to have any effect in this battle whatsoever? It really doesn't matter if something in the game is used to make sure the game isn't impossible, it's still in the game, so it is something mario can use.

Anways, it's a tie since both teams can destroy each other with their wishing items (TriForce, StarRod, BeanStar)

The-Judge
link shoots mario in the head with an arrow...?

kamikz
Originally posted by MetaHybrid
So something used so Extensively in a series (talking about the 1up mushroom) is not going to have any effect in this battle whatsoever? It really doesn't matter if something in the game is used to make sure the game isn't impossible, it's still in the game, so it is something mario can use.

Anways, it's a tie since both teams can destroy each other with their wishing items (TriForce, StarRod, BeanStar)

Is being used frequently an answere to that it's canon? No, of course not. It's the same to say that Link clicks continue after he dies, it is used in every single Zelda game, yet we know he can't do that. Then why is it in? Because it would be damn boring to have to restart the game and load everytime you died....

Pyron_Knight
The pint-sized Robin Hood wannabe dies horribly.

Of course it depends on which items each person gets...but since the team has 3 characters who all have a long list of powerups, I say they have the greatest chance of victory.

ThoraxeRMG
Links gets stomped over, with out much resistance.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
The pint-sized Robin Hood wannabe dies horribly.

Of course it depends on which items each person gets...but since the team has 3 characters who all have a long list of powerups, I say they have the greatest chance of victory.

...why? Well if this is anyone but TP Link then yeah the four would more or less win but TP Link on the other hand.

ThoraxeRMG
Would die too.

CPT Space Bomb
Mario is the only one that is even worth anything on team two.

Link destroys them all. The Triforce beats anything the team has.

Dark-Jaxx
Four Light Arrows ftw.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Mario is the only one that is even worth anything on team two.

Link destroys them all. The Triforce beats anything the team has.

With the shit Mario accomplished, Link is nothing to Mario. Starmen FTW if Link uses the Triforce of Courage.

Dark Shenron
Ahaha! This thread is coming from a banned member.

Anyway, Link stands no chance against Mario, Luigi, or Peach from Super Paper Mario. But the Toad will die before the match even begins.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
With the shit Mario accomplished, Link is nothing to Mario. Starmen FTW if Link uses the Triforce of Courage.
Mario has less life than Link. Mario get's hit 2-3 times, he's dead. Link has WAY more life, and it takes way more hit's to kill him.

First_Tsurugi06
Link goes Fierce Diety and solos the Marioverse.

OMG-Toothpaste
lol we have a lot of link fanboys here XD

Anyway, yes link is an awesome character, and one of my fav brawl and melee characters by far, next to Fox that is, but four to one odds do make it difficult seeing as how Mario is the primary trademark character for Nintendo and they wouldn't let some asshat elf child beat their biggest market product.

Also Luigi is a rather powerful character in the Mario games, he is just very cowardly.

Toad as everyone is saying totally useless, even though he was the strongest character in Super Mario World 3, but he's still an annoying whiny little shroom so yeah, he dies first.

And as for that Tri-force owns all thing, sorry but the list of divine powers that Metahybrid was kind enough to provide will wipe whatever power the Tri-force can provide link. Sorry, it's just common sense.

But long story short Mario and Link are equally powerful and Luigi is, in some ways, stronger than Mario, so the battle for link is lost unfortunately because this is a very one sided battle.

^_^ if you really wanna find out, set up brawl and watch an NPC match between the groups lol

Dark-Jaxx
Brawl isn't canon.

OMG-Toothpaste
ummm ok... not the point I'm trying to make anyway...

Point is, link rocks but he's outnumbered by three power house characters and a panzee mushroom.

On top of that they all have special powers while link has a bunch of equipment that is limited besides his sword and boomerang

Dark-Jaxx
Peach in canon has yet to do...Well anything.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by OMG-Toothpaste
ummm ok... not the point I'm trying to make anyway...

Point is, link rocks but he's outnumbered by three power house characters and a panzee mushroom.

On top of that they all have special powers while link has a bunch of equipment that is limited besides his sword and boomerang

Link has (among other things)

Almost a dozen swords to choose from

Arrows of different properties, magical and otherwise

Multiple sword techniques

Superhuman strength granted from the Power Bracelets/Golden Gauntlets/Goron Form

Superhuman speed granted from the Pegasus boots/hyper dash

over two dozen specal masks, one of which, like I said, soloes the Marioverse.

And if you're gonna use a logic like that, then you don't even have a place in debating.

Dark-Jaxx
You forgot to mention how TP Link already has super strength.

OMG-Toothpaste
ok I'd just like to know what Link we're using because to be honest, you can't connect the link's from all the games because there is no continuity in that game whatsoever, it's always a totally different Link in every game.

you haven't specified which areas these characters are being pulled from.

First_Tsurugi06
ok I'd just like to know what Link we're using because to be honest, you can't connect the link's from all the games because there is no continuity in that game whatsoever, it's always a totally different Link in every game.

you haven't specified which areas these characters are being pulled from.

You think I don't know that? The fact that there's no specification is implies that the circumstances at hand is that the Link is, in a sense, a merge of the Links with every noteworthy weapon/item/power each one had received throughout the series. In other words, it's taking all things into account. And while there are characters that could overcome even that kind of Link, Mario certainly isn't one of them, no one in the Mario series is.

First_Tsurugi06
^And on the second quote, I meant to say that a better term is peak physical strength.

That stupid time-limit should be fixed...

OMG-Toothpaste
wow you're starting to seem a little too serious in this debate, and you also sound like a major link fan.

the way I see it is Mario and Link are pretty evenly matched so you'd have to actually see them duke it out, but we can't really do that since Brawl and melee aren't "Canon" so I'm pulling out of this before it gets stupid

First_Tsurugi06
wow you're starting to seem a little too serious in this debate, and you also sound like a major link fan.

It's a debate. You're implied to (ultimately in some way) express what knowledge you have of a matter at hand in which you believe you have enough comprehension. I'm just something of a Nintendo guru in general, and I happen to have enough knowledge between these two series to know what I'm talking about.

Pyron_Knight
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Peach in canon has yet to do...Well anything.

Far as I know Super Princess Peach is canon.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Far as I know Super Princess Peach is canon. Forgot bout that game. What did she do in it?

MadMel
either link somehow cuts mario up (dunno how, considering the plumber is impervious to cannon blasts) or mario punches the ground and the shockwaves created break all of links bones...mario is far stronger than link, and he can jump higher, but im willing to bet link is faster and more agile.. erm

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by MadMel
either link somehow cuts mario up (dunno how, considering the plumber is impervious to cannon blasts) or mario punches the ground and the shockwaves created break all of links bones...mario is far stronger than link, and he can jump higher, but im willing to bet link is faster and more agile.. erm

He's not stronger than the Golden Gauntlets, described as being able to give a man "the strength to move mountains" (now, I KNOW I heard that somewhere official, and my best recollection is a strategy guide written in a story-based format by Miyamoto himself, but I feel that may have been for something else). At least I wouldn't bet on it.

Both can turn temporarily invincible though, let's not forget that, and they can both grow giant, can shoot fire balls and fire arrows (Mario and Link, respecitvely).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.