DMC questions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hambah
In Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest, there were several Jack/Liz scenes. I have a few questions about them, if anyone could clear them up for me. Lol, sorry, I'm bad at understanding movies:

1. "Persuade Me" - What was Jack hoping Liz would do? Why did he make a grunting noise when she walked away?
2. "Curiosity" - Why did she start that anyway? And when Jack's like "I, being a captain of a ship, could preform a maraige, right here, right on this deck, right...now." What was that all about? Did he mean they would get married, or did he mean he could preform a marriage between her and Will?
3. Did the compass at any time in Jack's hands point to Liz? When?

Okay, I think that's it. Replies would be very much appreciated.

sailorleo
i think...in regard to the grunt thing....it was sorta like way to harsh a boner.....to quote my gay friend...

mmoviejunkie
he did mean the marriage between them two because well will wasn't even on the ship at the time and then liz goes on about his hygiene(i think that's at this part)
and i think the compass does point to liz i know it points to her right when he finds the chest but then he's like you're sitting on it so idk about that part

CaptinJackLover
Originally posted by Hambah
In Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest, there were several Jack/Liz scenes. I have a few questions about them, if anyone could clear them up for me. Lol, sorry, I'm bad at understanding movies:

1. "Persuade Me" - What was Jack hoping Liz would do? Why did he make a grunting noise when she walked away?
2. "Curiosity" - Why did she start that anyway? And when Jack's like "I, being a captain of a ship, could preform a maraige, right here, right on this deck, right...now." What was that all about? Did he mean they would get married, or did he mean he could preform a marriage between her and Will?
3. Did the compass at any time in Jack's hands point to Liz? When?

Okay, I think that's it. Replies would be very much appreciated.

1. He wanted her to kiss him or what he was really htink was probably sex but Disney mosyl ikely wanted us to think it was a kiss to be morre apporopriate
2.After the hwole marriage line she said no thank you, then he said "why not we are very much alike you and i and you, us" and then she listed everyhting that was wrong with him so he started saying how she will go over to his side and want him eventually. and yes he meant a marriage between the two of them not Will.
3. They never showed what the compass pointed to exactly when it was in his hands

lovethemtigers
Jack approachs Liz on the steps and this the conversation:

JACK SPARROW
My tremendous intuitive sense of the
female creature informs me that you
are troubled.

ELIZABETH SWANN
I just thought I'd be married by now.
I'm so ready to be married.

JACK SPARROW
You know... Lizzy... I *am*... captain
of a ship. And *being* captain of a
ship, I could in fact perform a... marriage.
Right here. Right on this deck. Right...
*now*!

ELIZABETH SWANN
No, thank you.

JACK SPARROW
Why not? We *are* very much alike, you
and I. I and you. Us.

ELIZABETH SWANN
Oh. Except for a sense of honor, and
decency and-and a moral center. And
personal hygiene.

JACK SPARROW
Trifles. You *will* come over to my
side, I know it.

ELIZABETH SWANN
You seem very certain.

JACK SPARROW
One word love: curiosity. You long for
freedom. You long to do what you want
to do because you want it. To act on
selfish impulse. You want to see what
it's like. One day, you won't be able
to resist.

ELIZABETH SWANN
Why doesn't your Compass work?

JACK SPARROW
Uh my Compass works fine.

ELIZABETH SWANN
Because you and I *are* alike, and there
will come a moment when you have a chance
to show it. To do the right thing.

JACK SPARROW
I *love* those moments. I like to wave
at them as they pass by.

ELIZABETH SWANN
You'll have the chance to do something...
something courageous. And when you do,
you'll discover something: that you're
a good man.

JACK SPARROW
All evidence to the contrary.

ELIZABETH SWANN
I have faith in you. Want to know why?

JACK SPARROW
Do tell, dearie.

ELIZABETH SWANN
Curiosity. You're going to want it.
A chance to be admired. And gain the
rewards that follow. You won't be able
to resist. You're going to want to know...
what it tastes like.

JACK SPARROW
I *do* want to know what it tastes like.

ELIZABETH SWANN
But - seeing as you're a good man I
know you will *never* put me in a position
that would compromise my honor.

ELIZABETH SWANN
I'm proud of you, Jack.

He clearly is suggesting a marriage between Him and Liz....and this is all about sex and trust and what they want out of each other...and how well they know each other....Liz has complete trust and faith in Jack...Jack knows that Liz has a Pirate Spirit inside of her and that one day she will come over to his side...she will want to do something selfish...and she is telling Jack that he is a good man and one day he is going to do something really courageous and discover that despite being a pirate he is a good man....which of course they both fullfill in the end...he does something courageous for her and she does something foolishly selfish for herself and to prove to him that she could do it....but then obviously she regrets her actions later....so much remorse and sorrow...

lovethemtigers
Yes, the persuade me scene....since it's Disney is...he wanted her to persuade him with a kiss....but since she says the whole "you do know Will taught me how to handle a sword." and he says, "As I said, Persuade Me" well, as an adult...this has very sexual connotations...much deeper than a kiss...not sure how old you are so maybe we shouldn't be talking about such things with you....

Hambah
No it's fine. I'm old enough.

evilm0nki3
My mind automatically thinks dirty things lol. I dont say dirty things or anything its just when I hear something like that I automatically think something like that. Cant help it.. sad

Jacky Sparrow
but what I didn't understand. when jack explains her that the compass points in the direction what someone wanted most, then he glances at her and she at him...and said: Oh, Jack! (but why????) Or has she recognised that she is the person he wanted most?

LovelyOne
I'm pretty sure that ship convo on marriage was ALL about sex..she never even mentioned Will she mentioned "I'm so ready to be married" and she's going on about her wedding NIGHT earlier on in the movie..not wedding day she means night as in honey moon..

this is what makes me wonder about Liz..is she really interested in MARRIAGE?..or is it just the sex she REALLY wants?

I would say SEX..which makes me think PIRATE!

even the writers seem to be hinting that all she wants is sex..not actually marriage..

sailorleo
she's a women...im betting sex....

LovelyOne
most women are like "oh my beautiful wedding day.."

but Liz..I want my beautiful wedding night!

ivebeendepped43
me too. definitley

evilm0nki3
haha well. i guess her morals wont allow her to have a night without a wedding...

LovelyOne
Jack has once been a good brave man..but something happened along the way I think..and its when he started to shut people out of his life, he became the trickster/rogue...and Liz is actually making that champion in him return again..he's starting to care about someone SO much..that his lost braveness has actually come back again becuase he wants to protect the one he loves most...the "king" inside him is returning again..he's going to have his sleep/death/time to reflect...when he comes out?? my god he is going to be different I bet you..

maybe not at first..but he will learn to adjust to fit Liz's wants and needs..

"Jack will have to learn to adjust to the new worls or Die" - Becket....Jack is begining to adjust..he's died..and he is going to come back adjusted to fit in with Elizabeth and her life IMO..

ivebeendepped43
you have a really good theory here LovelyOne!

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by evilm0nki3
haha well. i guess her morals wont allow her to have a night without a wedding...

Yeah, back in those days...but after what she just did to Jack...what morals does she have left....so, maybe she will accept a life with Jack free of marriage...

ivebeendepped43
Elizabeth has a sick mind IMO

LovelyOne
LOL thank god someone agreed with me..I seem to be one of the only ones who has picked up on this whole fact that..Jack is a coward because he doesn't have anyone in his life that he loves enough to be brave for...People dont seem to notice that as SOON as Liz is in threat...this man transforms into a hero..even in movie 1.

people tend to think I'm a crack pot

(apart from the very few people on here)

ivebeendepped43
ur not a crack pot! screw all those other peeps!

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by LovelyOne
I'm pretty sure that ship convo on marriage was ALL about sex..she never even mentioned Will she mentioned "I'm so ready to be married" and she's going on about her wedding NIGHT earlier on in the movie..not wedding day she means night as in honey moon..

this is what makes me wonder about Liz..is she really interested in MARRIAGE?..or is it just the sex she REALLY wants?

I would say SEX..which makes me think PIRATE!

even the writers seem to be hinting that all she wants is sex..not actually marriage..

EXACTLY! Liz just keeps refering to her wedding night...nothing like "oh I just want to be married to Will....I miss Will...I love Will...." NO - look what she says to Jack...she left herself wide open to his come-on...she wants sex...I think she just wants to be with Jack..she is in turmoil with herself about what she thinks (because of her upbringing) is right and wrong...that why she is "troubled".....Jack has awakened a hunger in her she didn't know was possible ....and it's not Will....it's JACK.

LovelyOne
Its no coincidence that he was afraid to face the beast(kraken) because he is a coward...and at the same time he is afraid of loving Elizabeth..because if he does he will have to be brave for her which means putting HIS own life on the line

and as SOON as the thing he fears most is attacking the woman he fears to love...what happens?

He suddenly has a huge amount of bravery rush though him and he faces both at the same time..he accepts his love for her..and coincidently he is be brave enough to face the beast to PROTECT the one he loves...

lovethemtigers
LOL thank god someone agreed with me..I seem to be one of the only ones who has picked up on this whole fact that..Jack is a coward because he doesn't have anyone in his life that he loves enough to be brave for...People dont seem to notice that as SOON as Liz is in threat...this man transforms into a hero..even in movie 1.

people tend to think I'm a crack pot

(apart from the very few people on here)

Not me...I've pointed out on several occasions...that throughout the movie Jack is cowardly running away from the Kracken...he is terrified...but as soon as Liz comes over to his side..as soon as she kisses him and he knows she has become a full-fledge Pirate...like him...he faces the Kracken with bravery and manliness...HE IS A FREAKING HERO in the last part of this movie....when he shows up and picks up that rifle..OMG the light shinning around him and the way she looks up at him...his serious mannerisms in this entire last scene for him speaks volumes of who Jack is becoming....

Jacky Sparrow
Yeah, true...it was very clear...but no one has helped me sad :

but what I didn't understand. when jack explains her that the compass points in the direction what someone wanted most, then he glances at her and she at him...and said: Oh, Jack! (but why????) Or has she recognised that she is the person he wanted most?

ivebeendepped43
Jack wants Elizabeth!!!

LovelyOne
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
Not me...I've pointed out on several occasions...that throughout the movie Jack is cowardly running away from the Kracken...he is terrified...but as soon as Liz comes over to his side..as soon as she kisses him and he knows she has become a full-fledge Pirate...like him...he faces the Kracken with bravery and manliness...HE IS A FREAKING HERO in the last part of this movie....when he shows up and picks up that rifle..OMG the light shinning around him and the way she looks up at him...his serious mannerisms in this entire last scene for him speaks volumes of who Jack is becoming....

YES you are one of the sensible few wink

EXACTY can you say LION KING laughing out loud

I really want to know what it was that stopped Jack loving people He once saved 99 slaves...what made him become cowardly like Simba in the lionking

someone must have HURT him and BADLY sad

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Jacky Sparrow

that might be one of those little hints to the audience in the dialogue..

like that whole part where the comapss was on the floor and he says "yes it does" its like really suggestive that its Liz he wants but to the characters it means something else..like "yes look its pointing at the chest"

ivebeendepped43
oooooohhhhhhhh

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by Jacky Sparrow

I think he glances (a very quick look) downward toward her body...he is indicating that he wants her most...IMO...I think as far as her reaction..Oh Jack, are you....she's not stupid...she realizes Jack is flirting with her and she feels pulled toward him...The way I took it...she seems all giddy and bashful and flustered...ever been around someone that you have a secret crush on you and they flirt with you...that's what her mannerisms remind me of in this scenes....I think she has had a secret Crush on Jack since the first day she met him...maybe before based on the stories she heard...but didn't think it was anything more than that because she's "suppose" to love Will and because Jack is such a free spirit and because of their age difference...possibly...don't know...just my insight into that scene...but his look definitely indicates that he wants her..not sure if she picks up on that hidden meaning or not....but she is very intuned to his flirting and it reflects in her mannerisms throughout this entire scene...I love this scene because their faces are so intent on each other....it's the first time they've seen each other in a while and I think all of their hidden feelings toward each other start pouring out....it can't be helped....they are meant for each other....peas in a pod...

ivebeendepped43
I WANT JACK TO CRUSH ON MMMMEEEEEE!!!!! stupid Elizabeth!*mumbles*

Jacky Sparrow
thank you...yeah...I loved this scene too.

ivebeendepped43
curiosity! i burst out laughing whenever i hear that word now........

lovethemtigers
YES you are one of the sensible few wink

EXACTY can you say LION KING laughing out loud

I really want to know what it was that stopped Jack loving people He once saved 99 slaves...what made him become cowardly like Simba in the lionking

someone must have HURT him and BADLY sad

I think this has something to do with Beckett...who knows Beckett and jack could be brothers are something or ex-best friends and Beckett betrayed Jack....when Jack refused to transport slaves...so Beckett had him branded a Pirate and left him deserted...so Jack had to take up the Pirate life to become a survivor....and I think ....in my story of POTC 3...Jack's brand on him...is he slipped into Beckett's room one night while everyone was fast asleep and made Beckett a Eunich...HAAHAHHA

that's why Beckett is such a nasty little man...I think Beckett has a vendetta against Jack...it's very personal...it has nothing to do with Jack being a Pirate...it's much deeper than that....see I think Beckett wanted Jack to do unspeakable things all in the name of the EITC and Jack, being the good man that he is, refused.....maybe Beckett even murdered someone that Jack cared for deeply...or maybe Becktett use to rape innocent women, so that's why jack snipped him off...just my mind wondering at all kinds of possiblitlies..I've read too many romance novels...and if this was based on a romance Novel...I guarantee you Beckett and Jack's past would be something similar to these theories...but this is Disney...so who knows...

ivebeendepped43
i would have never thought of that. im not good at that theory stuff. yeah, jack has to know Beckett of old concerning the Pirate brand he gave him. i wanna no the mark that Jack left on Beckett

CaptinJackLover
ditto!

katelovespirate
i have a theory that Jack was in love with someone once and it didnt work out (because he became a pirate, or beckett killed her or something) and thats why Jack is a flirt but not a settling down guy.

So in the Curiosity scene, I LOVE how Jack is so obviously feeling Lizzie out--- he suggests the marriage thing,
and the ONLY excuses Lizzie can make as to why they shouldn't get married are stupid things like hygeine.
she doesn't have any real, good reasons, because she actually DOES have faith that he's a good man.

basically, i think it makes Jack happy because it means the only thing standing between them is HYGEINE>>>>>> something he can EASILY overcome... especially as Elizabeth is VERY GRUBBY by the end of the film and by the looks of things, will be EQUALLY grubby in 3!!!!! Now, they have no issues between them!!!

And Elizabeth makes NO MENTION of Will in that scene. She doesn't say Oh I cant marry you Jack because Im engaged to Will and I love Will.... she makes up a dumb excuse about hygeine. PLEASE. lol

LovelyOne
I agree with you lovethemtigers and it's so funny how Norrington was so desperately trying to be heard and Liz was paying absolutely no attention to him what so ever laughing out loud

and If i remember correctly..when he said something to Norrie..Liz wanted his attention back on her??

LovelyOne
Oh and katelovespirate..I agree..Or I wonder if Jack felt he was responsible for someone dying as in he couldn't get to her in time..he thought "I'm never going to love someone again." he might be thinking he's not good enough to love someone..because one person slipped away and he was too late for them? Might think he is too weak to protect them

katelovespirate
Oh and katelovespirate..I agree..Or I wonder if Jack felt he was responsible for somene dying as in he couldnt get to her in time..he thought "I'm never going to love someone again..I cant be trusted to be brave for them"

ooooooo i like this! which is why he is always "run between the raindrops" and then finally, he realizes he cant run anymore and he turns and fights and is the hottest thing ever.

it really sucks lizzie didnt get to see him fight that beastie. she would definately have jumped on him or something.

i just support jack 100%. i care way more about him being happy than anyone else in the film. hahaha.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by katelovespirate
ooooooo i like this! which is why he is always "run between the raindrops" and then finally, he realizes he cant run anymore and he turns and fights and is the hottest thing ever.

it really sucks lizzie didnt get to see him fight that beastie. she would definately have jumped on him or something.

i just support jack 100%. i care way more about him being happy than anyone else in the film. hahaha.

Oh definitely....Jack is the ONLY person who really matters in the Pirates of the Caribbean..because the POTC trilogy is all about Jack..initially it was suppose to be about Will..but then when the producers, writers, directors and everybody else saw Johnny's performance and his portrayal and interpretation of Jack Sparrow...then they were like..."oh yes, Johnny/Jack is our money man...the people love him...without Johnny this movie would not have been the success it was...so, therefore jack becomes the most important character to this trilogy...Will is really just an afterthought....I'm not sure who these people are on KTTTC - but they are clueless....come on, Will the main character/hero...I think not....it's almost like they don't even care about Jack on that site....but Jack is the one who counts...and I've heard all the makers of this movie say so numerous times.....

LovelyOne
It honestly seems as if his confidence to help people has been knocked very badly..and he feels as if he cant live up to it anymore..Liz just totally helped him find his true self again.

EXACTLY!!!! I cant WAIT for her to see how much he has actually transformed since she left him on the pearl..she only got a tiny glimpse of it(when he came back)..JUST WAIT LIZ..you are going to see something amazing..and Will is going to be a horrible man...

This is what makes me think..that when Jack comes out of purgatory..the first thing on his mind wont be Liz..it will be the right thing he is fighting to do..because when you look at the big picture he is trying to make sure she will most definately be safe in the future.

I'm reverting back to the lion king here..Nala helped him realize that he should be a king again and that he should fight for her and everyone else..but he needed the true reason to go home so nala left him thinking he was still a coward..but then she got one mother of a shock and realized that he had returned home to fight..she then RUNS AFTER HIM (and I bet Liz does the same thing..she'll be thinking.."Jack doesn't want me any more but WAIT a sec..he's doing it all for the greater good..for me!"wink.

Simba needed to overcome the thing that haunted him in his past..he overcame it and ran home to fight the right cause..and the fact that Nala was in danger too made it all the more desperate for him to succeed..it gave him that extra strength he needed..In Jack's purgatory he is probably going to reflect and learn to let go of that horrible event in his past..

What I'm saying hardly makes any sense lol. Ignore me

katelovespirate
it makes TONS of sense

the deeper we get into this, the more desperate i am that we all be right. it will be SOOOOO tragic if disney screws us over for will, after all the great analogies we drew and stuff. haha.

liz's character is tough. she's very hard to figure out, actually. everyone else in the trilogy is actually a lot more transparent. she is impossible to figure out.

LovelyOne
I agree..Maybe they made her like this to keep us of the scent of who she really wants until the very end..

and thank god you understood that post I had to edit it about 60 times to make it sound right laughing out loud

katelovespirate
hahahaha oh gee...

why is liz such a difficult character??? gosh. we women are so complicated. wink

we need some guys on this thread. maybe they could explain her better or something.

i get the feeling, like you said, they are trying to keep us off her scent till the end.

concretely, she is stubborn, strong, opinionated, and independent. in movie 2, she's extremely desperate for sex. but why? what happened between 1 and 2 to make her so.. sort of... i dont know... harsh? horny? jaded? whats the word im looking for?

its the whole "im so ready to be married" thing that really throws me off. She doesnt seem ready to be married at all. ready to have a hot, steamy affair? yeah totally. but ready to walk down the aisle in a corset during a ceremony that looks remarkably the comodore's promotion ceremony in 1, ready to move in with Will and run a household? No way.

so why does she say that? Isnt she smart enough to know the difference between wanting sex and wanting marriage?

i just cant figure her out in this film! she seems so tired/cranky for some of it... like she is just sick of ALL men, pirates or not. she doesn't seem to enjoy being with ANY of them, except Jack, but she still bashes on him too.

she doesnt give very many clues.

mmoviejunkie
well yeah they don't want you to know her until the end unless people wouldn't bother to go see it

Hambah
^^^Very true.

lovethemtigers
You know what I found interesting...when the sword fighting starts and she's like, "I've had it with wobbly-legged, rum-soaked Pirates!"...well, I think she is really refering to her frustration with Jack..cuz he's the only wobbly-legged rum-soaked Pirate she knows...Norrington's not really a Pirate...he's not wobbly-legged...and Will, well, even though she'd like for him to be, he's no Pirate....do you see the shocked look on her face when jack pulls the sword out on Will for the first time....she's Like "OMG, Jack, what are you doing...come on..." She is really funny in this scene...but alot of critics put her down...I thought she was great.

lovethemtigers
since this thread is entitled "DMC Questions" ....why does the camera focus on Jack...and he's got this weird look on his face, like "OH Shit"...when TIa and Will meet and she says...."You have a touch of destiny about you, William Turner." and he says, "you know me?" - Jack's face right here when the camera focuses on him....I wonder what this is suppose to mean...why is he concerned that Tia has suddenly realized who William Turner is.....like "oh no, Oh Shit..she knows him..now what." just curious as to any theories on this....

LovelyOne
the honest men are ALWAYs the ones who BURST when they constantly do the right thing and never win...

I think this is also a reason why he is wary of claiming Liz from him

maybe he is thinking.."oh my GOD Tia only ever picks up on BAD things...in peoples destinies"

I LOVED that little tantrum Liz had..it made me laugh

Notice how her hat fell off when she said that about Jack laughing out loud...she put it back on though..she cant stay mad at him laughing out loud

LovelyOne
Or maybe Jack knows whats going to happen in the future too?

Hambah
lovethemtigers- No clue.

But...

Back to "Curiosity"...

Why does everyone else here think she started the whole conversation?

Jacky Sparrow

T.Maria
with tia dalma...anything that she says can related to the past or the future, right? she's a bit of a witch...she knows things...maybe jack knows that she's referring to will like that because he knows that Tia will know something about will's future?

Also, if she is meant to be calypso, she was the one that made jones the way he is right?
Jack knows this..and he hears the word 'destiny' spoken to will...maybe he kind of catches on?

(im thinking about the whole will/davy connection here really...)

Liz DOES want sex...its deffinately obvious...and besides that scene with will when she is behind the bars in the first half an hour, the rest of the time she is busy flirting with jack...and LOVING it, if i am not mistaken smile

Depp has stated that the 'curiosity' scene was the best scene to shoot in POTC2...because apparently at some points he would just go off on a whim and make keira really embarrassed...and he said he found that hilarious lol smile love that man!

LovelyOne
I wonder...I really do if The compass was guiding Liz to the chest because of Will..

I think it was actually to save Jack.

She knows that if they dont find the chest EVERY pirate will die

and who is the person she wants most in this world according to the compass?

A pirate..not William Turner.

She was saving Jack because she wanted him most in this world.

Which would explain WHY she was so hurt when she realized Jack had betrayed her...She was doing it all for him..and he totally screwed her over

which is why she screwed him over in return maybe? laughing out loud..little pirate..

katelovespirate
Originally posted by T.Maria
with tia dalma...anything that she says can related to the past or the future, right? she's a bit of a witch...she knows things...maybe jack knows that she's referring to will like that because he knows that Tia will know something about will's future?

Also, if she is meant to be calypso, she was the one that made jones the way he is right?
Jack knows this..and he hears the word 'destiny' spoken to will...maybe he kind of catches on?

(im thinking about the whole will/davy connection here really...)

Liz DOES want sex...its deffinately obvious...and besides that scene with will when she is behind the bars in the first half an hour, the rest of the time she is busy flirting with jack...and LOVING it, if i am not mistaken smile

Depp has stated that the 'curiosity' scene was the best scene to shoot in POTC2...because apparently at some points he would just go off on a whim and make keira really embarrassed...and he said he found that hilarious lol smile love that man!

HAHAHAHA oh gosh i can just imagine the things he might have said to her... LOL>....

willofthewisp
"Back to "Curiosity"...

Why does everyone else here think she started the whole conversation?"-------Hambah

Hmm, this is such an interesting scene. One minute she's kind of giggly as she's thinking about Jack, then we see her moping on the steps, saying how ready she is to be married.
Well....my guess would be that she's still expecting/wanting to marry Will. She's attracted to Jack, but oh well. She's "in love" with Will. I don't know how much time has passed between the two movies, but she went through a lot and had the adrenaline rush of her life and then she's about to get married. So what goes hand in hand with adrenaline? A need to get rid of it. She has a lot of pent up energy and she's surrounded by good looking men. Of course she's horny. And now she's with Jack, who can make any girl hot, and all that energy is pent up with no way to release it, or so she thinks.
She probably doesn't think she can talk to Will about her horniness (her needs), but Jack is so laid back, she wants to confide in him, but disuguises the need as "wanting to be married." He gets the hint, though, and offers her more than she bargained for.

T.Maria
oooh lovelyone i like that theory!

That stupid bloody compass...ive thought so much about it and it still doesnt make sense!!!

See the thing is....what if the writers WANT us to think that the compass points to what they want most? when in fact they could turn it round on us at the end....

Then again if they want a will/elizabeth ending they will HAVE to do something very stupid with the compass....

e.g

TED ELLIOT:

The compass was not pointing to jack at all folks!
it was pointing east, which is where WILL was on the dutchman!
And everyother time it was pointing at Jack, it was infact pointing PAST him to where Will just so happened to be on the compass at that moment in time....

.....ive just realised how screwed the people at KTTC.com really are....they need to work out the compass thing and THEN come back with a decent argument! smile

katelovespirate
actually ted made it very clear that the compass DOES point to the thing you want most, plain and simple. no transfers, nothing. it doesnt just mean liz wants to be a pirate, or wants to know something from jack. it means at that moment, she wants him more than anything else. lol

LovelyOne
did ted elliot say that? It was pointing East?

sad

and BTW I just said my theory on KTTC and everyone is ignoring me LMFAO

mmoviejunkie
wait did ted really say that?
'cause that sounds like a load of crap

katelovespirate
yeah apparantly, that was a post from KTTC, remember there was a thread on here about it a few days ago??

lovethemtigers
I don't understand this, Katelovespirates...how in the world can "Ted" honestly think that we'd fall for that...come on...the compass is SOOO pointing to Jack....when I first saw the movie...that was my impression...so that's what they want the audience to think/know....the compass points to Jack..there is no indication that it is pointing to Will...that'a a load of crap....and how do we know that this is really "ted" posting on KTTTC...come, on...he's a busy, important man..would he really take time out of his schedule to bother with a silly little ol' messageboard....I think this is a hoax...someone pretending to be Ted...I don't believe it for one minute...

lovethemtigers
oooh lovelyone i like that theory!

That stupid bloody compass...ive thought so much about it and it still doesnt make sense!!!

See the thing is....what if the writers WANT us to think that the compass points to what they want most? when in fact they could turn it round on us at the end....

Then again if they want a will/elizabeth ending they will HAVE to do something very stupid with the compass....

e.g

TED ELLIOT:

The compass was not pointing to jack at all folks!
it was pointing east, which is where WILL was on the dutchman!
And everyother time it was pointing at Jack, it was infact pointing PAST him to where Will just so happened to be on the compass at that moment in time....

.....ive just realised how screwed the people at KTTC.com really are....they need to work out the compass thing and THEN come back with a decent argument! smile

Where did you see this post....how can i find it?

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
I don't understand this, Katelovespirates...how in the world can "Ted" honestly think that we'd fall for that...come on...the compass is SOOO pointing to Jack....when I first saw the movie...that was my impression...so that's what they want the audience to think/know....the compass points to Jack..there is no indication that it is pointing to Will...that'a a load of crap....and how do we know that this is really "ted" posting on KTTTC...come, on...he's a busy, important man..would he really take time out of his schedule to bother with a silly little ol' messageboard....I think this is a hoax...someone pretending to be Ted...I don't believe it for one minute...

Sorry I meant to address this to T. Maria...she's the one that posted the comment about Ted....

katelovespirate
NOOOOOOOOO i didnt mean it was pointing east i meant it was pointing to JACK!!!!!!! thats what Ted said. i dont know if i believe it was really him, but apparantly they released this bit on the compass because they felt everyone had gotten unduly confused by it...

and what Ted said was, the compass was clearly pointing to Jack, and the compass actually points at what you want most at that moment... aka, it was NOT pointing at jack because liz just wanted to know something from him, or because liz wanted to be a pirate, it was pointing to him because AT THAT MOMENT, she actually wanted him.

remember? there was this whole waffle metaphor ted supposedly wrote about. hahaha.

T.Maria
on that thread we believed that "ted" implied that elizabeth lusted after jack...and he was also called a "waffle" if i remember rightly lol.

I for one do NOT believe the compass could have been pointing at Will...but i have a feeling that people over at KTTC probably do...

katelovespirate
oh please the compass was soooo not pointing at will. she wasnt thinking about will during any of those scenes, she was thinking about Jack and the witty flirtatious conversations that kept happening between them.
smile hehehehe. who could think about will when jack was around?

jack is one hott waffle.

LovelyOne
then why did the compass point back at to the left when she looked at it where Jack was standing..and then Will emerges from the other side laughing out loud

LovelyOne
and that MUST be aload of BS because it completley contradicts his OTHER post where he said it was pointing at the WAFFLE and not the FEAST

who said that on KTTC?? I wanna go and kill em laughing out loud jokin

katelovespirate
LOL i seriously dont believe anything from that forum. they are making it all up, IMO.

and if they arent, its still crap. big grin

T.Maria
I think i should clarify that in the post where i mentioned TED ELLIOT and the whole thing about the compass pointing to will...he never said that lmao.

That was me giving an example of HOW STUPID it would be for the writers to do something like that, because the compass is very significant...which lead me to say that the people over at KTTC probably are thinking that...

sorry if i confused anyone!

LovelyOne
OHHH LMFAO..I just had a bit of a go at them.. laughing out loud

oh well..I have stunned them all silent thats al that matters..

shje was TOTALLY finding the chest for the one person she wants most in the world who is JACK SPARROW

to save the pirate she wants most who is in danger if the EITC finds chest!!

she wasnt thinking of ANYONE else but Jack the entire time she was with him.

lovethemtigers
I think i should clarify that in the post where i mentioned TED ELLIOT and the whole thing about the compass pointing to will...he never said that lmao.

That was me giving an example of HOW STUPID it would be for the writers to do something like that, because the compass is very significant...which lead me to say that the people over at KTTC probably are thinking that...

sorry if i confused anyone!

Oh, gotcha....I thought for a moment I was going to have to go seek therapy again at the "Rollercoaster" thread....I thought I was headed back down again...and that it was all "ted's" fault...okay, so I change my mind....I guess Ted could have posted what Katelovespirates said laughing

katelovespirate
LOL what did you say???

lovethemtigers
Sorry, I was freaking out again....cuz we all know that compass is pointing to Jack..where these people can claim that it is in fact pointing to Will is beyond me..they are grasping at straws...it makes no sense...they (KTTTC) want us to prove our theories about Jack and Liz...and when we do point out all the obvious clues...we are totally ignored...but they have nothing substaintial to back up their Will/Liz theories...except for what happened in POTC 1 - that show is in the past..the trilogy is moving forward..and sorry...but there was no chemistry between Will and Liz in that movie either....IMO...

T.Maria
lmao

I was having a heart attack thinking;

"Nooooooooooooo im gonna have to pay for all the therapy sessions for LoveThemTigers!!"

Sorry guys! I should have made it clearer...but LovelyOne, you having a go at those guys over at KTTC is a good thing...it is slowly making their little world of E/W crumble....*rubs hands together with glee!*

LovelyOne
LOL what did you say???

who me?

shall I post it here?

LovelyOne
Oh I'll post it nowlaughing out loud

katelovespirate
YES big grin

T.Maria
damn, actually lovelyone im sorry if ive gotten you into trouble over at KTTC ....

If anyone says anything then just blame me... and you have my permission to call me whatever you want while your at it lolsmile

lovethemtigers
LOL....LovelyOne you seem to be shaking things up over there...they just ignore me..so I gave up.....

ivebeendepped43
im not ignoring you!

LovelyOne
Some people have said that over there though laughing out loud about it pointing through jack on 3 seprate occasions to point at Will laughing out loud

YEAH RIGHT!

the people on the J/E shipper thread are pretty cool..and most of the W.E shippers are cool..its the peopke with all the "inside info" who try to shout you down..they are probably very wrong..

ivebeendepped43
rude people

katelovespirate
LOL... well i guess it will be only 8 long months before we find out who is right and who is going to need therapy for a very long time...

ivebeendepped43
lol rofl

lovethemtigers

T.Maria
ive never been obsessed with a FILM before...its always been a television show like Buffy (because it is on going for character developement) ... when this ends it will be like missing an arm....lmao

Ive never seen a film when the characters run so deep before...except forest Gump and Green Mile...lol

Heres hoping we all get our ending...and if not, there's ALWAYS fanfiction....god, i really am sad....

lovethemtigers
I guess if we are to listen to KTTTC people...then everything that happened in DMC was just to take up time....none of it really meant anything...Norrington didn't know what he was talking about...the compass is pointing to will

ivebeendepped43
yeah! it points to Jack twice in the movie and i think that just shouts it out loud that she loves him

willofthewisp
Even if it really were pointing somewhere else, her reaction to it is significant. It's almost like a self-fulfilling prophesy. The very idea that she THOUGHT it pointed to Jack means she wants him. If she didn't, she would just figure it was pointing towards the chest and Jack was just standing in the way.
Then she sees it points to him, so she tries to keep away, and that just makes her crave him, so to me, it doesn't matter where the compass was really pointing, because she thought she knew where it was pointing and it made her examine how she feels.

katelovespirate
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Even if it really were pointing somewhere else, her reaction to it is significant. It's almost like a self-fulfilling prophesy. The very idea that she THOUGHT it pointed to Jack means she wants him. If she didn't, she would just figure it was pointing towards the chest and Jack was just standing in the way.
Then she sees it points to him, so she tries to keep away, and that just makes her crave him, so to me, it doesn't matter where the compass was really pointing, because she thought she knew where it was pointing and it made her examine how she feels.

this is a really good point. its like the forbidden fruit thing. the more she tries not to think about Jack, the more she obviously does. I'm hearing SOS by Rihanna. lol.
staying in love with someone takes tons of effort... creativity, an open mind, etc... Liz and Will hardly ever talk to each other. They dont seem to have gotten much closer from 2, except Liz is always touching him. Their relationship just shouts "dead end"... NOw, there is a chance they could develope the characters enough to make it work in 3, but i doubt it. not with Jack around.
The thing between Liz and Jack is the excitement of POSSIBILITY... what COULD happen, how far COULD they push things, the crazy adventures that would probably happen if they were to give in to their attraction to one another.
It really would be like a pirate king and queen. so hott.

katelovespirate
okay, so here's something i was thinking about.

i know one of the questions we discussed a while back was, Would Jack have stayed on the pearl if Liz hadn't chained him anyways?

My opinion: YES. Because when she starts kissing him, if he was really concerned with escaping at that point, he would have been like, "listen Lizzie, this is really hott and all, but we dont exactly have time for this right now. lets get in the longboat and then we'll continue". Nope. He just goes along with it, knowing full well he is wasting precious minutes of escape time, which leads me to believe he wasnt planning on escaping at that point anyways.

it ALSO leads me to believe he really isnt thinking about anything EXCEPT Elizabeth. He realizes he has come back and probably doomed himself to save her (and the crew, but he was probably more focused on her) i think he has the idea that its not going to work out (with Will around) and then he says the "We're not free yet, love." line.

I think this line is incredibly important. And I dont think he is just talking about escaping the kraken. Liz and Jack have been flirting and developing their relationship for the whole film... then Will blunders back into the mix and sort of ruins that, calling into question Jack's trustworthiness... (though its clear Liz would RATHER trust Jack, and its also clear she is more upset by his personal betrayal/lying to her that she is by the fact Will just underwent a great deal of anguish during his Jones side trip... AND It doesnt take a whole lot for her to start trusting Jack again)

Anyways, so Will is on the ship taking charge, and Jack probably feels rejection from Elizabeth and gets the sour grapes attitude, "okay, he loves her so much, HE can save her this time around. I'm keeping to the code, I'm saving myself." so he starts rowing away, and finally realizes that bitterness isn't going to work this time around, because his feelings are deeper than that.

when Liz clings to his leg, its because he represents something STEADY and DEPENDABLE in her life... and she is acknowledging that. She sees he is an honest man at heart, and no matter how things look, he will always turn around and maintain that honesty.

Anyways back to the "we're not free yet, love" line... I think Jack is referring more to the idea of him and Liz possibly exploring a relationship. When Liz says "you came back" i think she is saying a lot more--- the subtext is like "you weren't lying to me before... you do care for me." and he's saying "there are still a lot of complications that will prevent us from taking this forward..."
and she's saying with the kiss, screw the complications, do you want me or not? How far will you go to win me?

T.Maria
very good point KateLovesPirate.

I guess we all know that jack went back for elizabeth...but what if he KNEW the kraken was after him and therefore he had already realised BEFORE elizabeth that he had to "do the right thing"?
I have a feeling he would have stayed and gone down with his ship even if she hadn't of chained him, because he knew that their only chance of escape was if he let them go...

I mean, he got the shackles off him (which i think was the only reason he was panicked in this scene...how can he fight with one hand practically tied behind his back?)...and then turned and faced the beastie...he didn't run for the hills...

willofthewisp
I agree. A captain goes down with the ship, and even if he didn't love Liz, he loves the Pearl and it would be hard for him to leave it.

katelovespirate
yeah i agree with that. i dont think he went back just for liz, cause he obviously knows Liz can take care of herself.

but it also wasnt just for the ship, because the pearl obviously has waned in importance in his eyes. in 1, he was willing to risk everyone's lives in order to get it back, but now, "she's only a ship mate"... i think it was also his devotion to his crew, who have all been risking a lot for him.
and I think he wanted to be Lizzie's hero. He didnt just sneak back on and take down the beast quietly, he put himself in front of elizabeth and made a show of taking that thing out. he wanted elizabeth to know she was right about him.

then she did the same thing--- showed him that he was right about her. beautiful.

Jacky Sparrow
Here: I have another question.....I mean Barbossa had, I don't know why, a dress in the cabin of the Pearl and he wanted to have it back before he marooned Liz....and Jack got his Pearl back, so why then does he has no dress in his cabin? Or is he just saying it and referring to something else?? I just wanted to know what you think about it?

CaptinJackLover
ummm...he was saying he happens to have no dress in his cabin...cuz he doenst wnat her anything...he wants to get her out of her clothes...you get where this is going?

Jacky Sparrow
ah, alright! sorry, my english isn't the best.

CaptinJackLover
o ok...well that probably didnt make a whole lot of sense to you, i just realized i has a lot of typos in that post lol

Jacky Sparrow
it makes sense!

willofthewisp
It's my bet that there are at least a couple of literal dresses on the Pearl. Dresses are and were expensive and that counted as plunder. Of course, Jack doesn't feel like spoiling her with those, not yet anyway, and just wants his naked Lizzie.

katelovespirate
HAHAHA that was HILARIOUS.

It takes a real man to come clean about what he wants. LOL.

and i bet the dresses are stored somewhere, probably not in Jack's cabin.

if we dont get a hot cabin scene, i am going to get fussy...

willofthewisp
We won't get a hot cabin scene. I doubt things will get any hotter than the kiss in the second one, although that doesn't mean our imaginations can't make it hot.
Naked Jack and Liz in his cabin? You think they'll show that? Kate, you should know better.

katelovespirate
no i dont think they'll show anything...

but BOTH movie 1 and movie 2 are full of naked lizzie jokes. seriously. (youll be dining with the crew, and youll be naked, i'll be having that dress back, unless you have a rudder and a lot of sails hidden in that bodice, jack cutting off her corset, it should be a dress or nothing, she's probably naked- from the captain on the ship liz crews, etc etc etc... the list goes on and on)

with all that joking, you KNOW the writers are itching to actually fulfill some of those jokes.

not to say they will, cause its disney and they have ratings and all... but think about other PG13 movies and what you can get away with when you do major inuendo and are careful what you actually show. ya know?

maybe there is hope for an implied cabin scene, at least. LOL

mmoviejunkie
grr...censored disney

*sigh* but i guess disney can't risk their rep. for just one little sex scene

ivebeendepped43
yeah, come on. they gota splurge just this one time!!!

evilm0nki3
i really dont wnat something like that to happen. its stupid to me. let them be in love and whatever but none of that sex scene stuff. they sell these pirates of the caribbean toys at mcdonalds in kids meals anyways. come on now...

ivebeendepped43
wwhhhyyyyy nnnoooooottttt!!!!!!!!!!

katelovespirate
em i understand what you're saying, but you have to admit, for selling the toys in mcdonals, this movie is ALREADY pretty scandalous. lol. for one, its scary and violent. it portrays pirates as heroes when pirates were NOT good people at all, historically, they were murderers and rapists and theives. and there are already so many sexual innuendos...
i just meant that if they could pull off a fade in, fade out sort of scene that would float right over the kiddies head, i would be very happy. big grin

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by evilm0nki3
i really dont wnat something like that to happen. its stupid to me. let them be in love and whatever but none of that sex scene stuff. they sell these pirates of the caribbean toys at mcdonalds in kids meals anyways. come on now...

the problem is - even the writers have said this - this is not a children's film, it is a very adult movie...and Movie 3 is suppose to be even more so...so I guess McDonald's is going to have to decide if it wants to market toys that is associated with an adult movie....but I do agree...they will not put a sex scene...because they know children will watch the movie...so....but guys, have you seen PG13 movies...they are move R rated than actual R rated movies...I really can't beleive the things that are allowed in PG13 movies...scandalous....really, this last Pirate movie was still a "g" when you compare it with other PG13 movies....I guess for the gorie Turkish prison scene and Will getting whipped...yicks...hate those parts....

lovethemtigers
em i understand what you're saying, but you have to admit, for selling the toys in mcdonals, this movie is ALREADY pretty scandalous. lol. for one, its scary and violent. it portrays pirates as heroes when pirates were NOT good people at all, historically, they were murderers and rapists and theives. and there are already so many sexual innuendos...
i just meant that if they could pull off a fade in, fade out sort of scene that would float right over the kiddies head, i would be very happy. big grin

I agree with this...there are so many sexual innuendos that just go right over the 11 and under crowd...so They may be able to get away with a fade away scene like I posted on one of the other threads (there are so many I can't remember which one....)

willofthewisp
They may not consider this series to be kids movies, but plenty of people take their little kids to see it. 5 year old kids know who Jack Sparrow is.
It's the same problem with Harry Potter. Those books are written for a mature audience and people just assume they are for kids.
But I don't recommend to them a graphic sex scene. Like Kate said, it should just be implied. We can imagine, kids can stay innocent. Characters imagining/suggesting other characters be naked is about as raunchy as it gets for them. This is a more delicate area than pirate violence.

Bwa Ha Ha
i agree

lovethemtigers
I've posted this on other threads...but my little boy loves JackSparrow and because he beleives that Jack is the greatest Pirate ever...he wants Jack to get the girl...and he LOVES JACK...and he is not influenced at all by the sexual innuendos implied by DIsney, they just go right over his head...so I think they can get away with a sex scene if it's just implied and left to the imagination...look what they did in POTC 2....my son has not idea what "persuade me" ,means/////but he does think Jack should get the girl "because he is much better at being a Pirate"....afterall, this is PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN not Blacksmiths of Port Royal -this trilogy is all about Pirates, and what Pirates want....not Will

CaptinJackLover
yupp too true! i like your son he sounds like an intelligent little boy! lol big grin

Bwa Ha Ha
true, true

evilm0nki3
I think some parents will take their kids to just about anything. I heard about a family taking their little boy to see Snakes on a Plane.

And the fade in, fade out thing seems cheesy. I don't think it would benefit the story at all to put that in there.

Bwa Ha Ha
I think they won't do it at all... If they do anything like that, they'll probably rate it R, even if it is cheesy: Ratings are exaggerated sometimes.

ivebeendepped43
seriously

willofthewisp
ha ha ha, a pirate movie rated R. You have to say it like a pirate.

Arrrrrr!

lovethemtigers
They won't rate it R - that's crazy...anyways, Yeah....it'll just be implied...IF it's even worked into the movie - which I doubt...
It's kind of funny to think that we know if they have a Liz/Jack pairing there could be an implied sex scene...but no one wants an implied sex scene between Will and LIz - I can't even imagine them two even coming close to having sex, yuck..now Jack and Liz that's a totally different story...

katelovespirate
Originally posted by Bwa Ha Ha
I think they won't do it at all... If they do anything like that, they'll probably rate it R, even if it is cheesy: Ratings are exaggerated sometimes.

no way people. LOL. remember titanic? graphic nudity AND sex rated PG13!!!!
the pirate movies are ALREADY rated PG13.

No graphic scenes will be coming our way, i would bet money. But for them to write something in so the adults know something happened (whether it be fade in, fade out, a conversation later, whatever) wouldnt be cheesy. lots of movies do it, and get away with it. and the Pirates films borrow lots of stuff from other movies, jokes and gags, and just make it way better. big grin

lovethemtigers
no way people. LOL. remember titanic? graphic nudity AND sex rated PG13!!!!
the pirate movies are ALREADY rated PG13.

No graphic scenes will be coming our way, i would bet money. But for them to write something in so the adults know something happened (whether it be fade in, fade out, a conversation later, whatever) wouldnt be cheesy. lots of movies do it, and get away with it. and the Pirates films borrow lots of stuff from other movies, jokes and gags, and just make it way better. big grin

Exactly...that's what I meant about PG 13 movies today are scandolous....I had not Idea that Titanic would have that sex /nudity scene in it and I watched it with my little cousin...it was embarrassing...Pirates hasn't even come close to that...to me compared to that, it's still a "G" movie....anyways...we agree...Disney will imply a sex scene...if they decide to put that into the movie...Wish we could be a little bird a fly over the filming going on right now....

katelovespirate
Yeah totally... I dont consider the movies seriously PG13, cause its more for violence than anything else, and brief violence too.

This disney movie has set a bunch of new records for itself, though. I mean, it has broken Disney standards.

For example, the second film showed more on-screen deaths than any other disney movie ever made to date, due to the kraken killing whole crews.

ivebeendepped43
lol thats funny! i never thought about all the people killed!

CaptinJackLover
yea...

but i really hope they do sumthing between Jack and Liz..not really thw whole sex scene idea but mabe another make out session happy

Bwa Ha Ha
i suppose... i guess it's really up to disney

CaptinJackLover
yea of course it is....but i think the best decision of theirs would to make anothe rhot Jack/Liz scene! big grin

ivebeendepped43
oh yeah!!

Bwa Ha Ha
they should... i mean, everyone kind of just forgot about will...

ivebeendepped43
so? thats a good thing!

Bwa Ha Ha
exactly!youpi

ivebeendepped43
totally

Bwa Ha Ha
agreed

ivebeendepped43
finally

Bwa Ha Ha
finally what

ivebeendepped43
we agree

Bwa Ha Ha
oh yipeeyoupi

ivebeendepped43
joy

Bwa Ha Ha
happinessyoupi

ivebeendepped43
uhuh

Bwa Ha Ha
m hm

ivebeendepped43
totally

Bwa Ha Ha
agreedJumpy

ivebeendepped43
enthusiastic enough?

Bwa Ha Ha
maybe...
JumpyJumpyJumpy
clapclapclap
jawdropjawdropjawdrop

ivebeendepped43
shutup

Bwa Ha Ha
blowupblowupblowup

alien

katelovespirate
i dont mean to complain, but its very hard to have a good discussion when there are like 3 pages of responses on a thread that are just dots or smileys...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>