If there was a Star Wars anime...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Akira99
Imagine Lucas decided to create an anime series with the help of the top Japanese anime artists in Japan. Sort of like how the Wachowski Brothers made an Animatrix to illustrate events in between the movies.

For those of you who don't know what anime is don't think of it as the Clone Wars cartoons as they are pretty low quality in comparison though each to his own.

I was just surfing for pics of Darth Revan and saw this:

http://fa.mediaminer.org/50/182050.jpg

If there was a SWs anime maybe KOTOR with Revan and Malak's story would be very good. The lightsaber duals could be similar to Samurai Champloo and the style of animation like Cowboy Bebop.

What area of EU Star Wars would you like a SWs anime to follow ? Explain

Council#13
Before Episode I

Jen'ari
The martial era of Kaan's Brotherhood of Darkness and Hoth's Army of Light - the most jedi on sith action ever. Plus it has Bane, who's totally uber.

Akira99
Yeah that would be a good area to look at. It might even explain Sidious'/Plaguies' lineage and stuff

Jen'ari
Oops, wrong thread.

ESB Vader
wth, that pic is actually from rurouni kenshin, some1 edited the pic,

SnakeEyes
Star Wars anime sick

zephiel7
They actually have some anime version of the OT in comic book form...

I think KOTOR could set itself up for an anime series though... I see that as far more viable possibility than a movie confused

John!attheDisco
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Star Wars anime sick

exanda kane
That picture supposed to be Revan? Looks more like a girl...

Jen'ari
lol exactly.

Akira99
Originally posted by zephiel7
They actually have some anime version of the OT in comic book form...

I think KOTOR could set itself up for an anime series though... I see that as far more viable possibility than a movie confused

Yeah they have a manga of SWs. I've not read it though I've heard its good and popular. They didn't manage to make Jar Jar cool though. I think thats the only thing I can safely say is impossible

Blue_Hefner
What happened to CW's?

Captain REX
A Star Wars Anime would make me cry inside. They'd be ridiculously overpowered.

Mišt
Originally posted by Captain REX
A Star Wars Anime would make me cry inside. They'd be ridiculously overpowered.

Isnt that the point though? Look at Advent Child, thats totally badass, even though its highly unrealistic. Ok fair enough the CW cartoon was a bit over the top, but an actual anime Star Wars series would be fecking awesome. Screw realism, thats what the movies are for.

JaehSkywalker

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by Akira99
If there was a Star Wars Anime

I'd go on a killing spree death

Jen'ari

SnakeEyes
That's not what he said. He said that he considers them BOTH over the top. I think you misinterpreted it.

Anyways, a Star Wars Anime would be completely and utterly terrible, in my opinion.

Jen'ari
Well obviously he didn't directly say it, but he indirectly indicates that view.

He clearly implies that the degree of empowerment in Advent Child didn't put him off the movie, and then goes to state that 'OK fair enough the CW cartoon was a bit over the top' which heavily implies that he believed that the empowerment of the SW cartoons was too much and therefor resulted in a pretty poor cartoon series.

Now if you were able to read through the lines Snake Eyes, you'd see that the choice of wording and context heavily indicates that he believed that the cartoons were too overpowered and ergo ruined the story for him, yet Advent Child was not and therefor pretty enjoyable regardless.

Now please don't try to undermine my perception, it's something I pride myself in.

Tangible God
If there was a SW anime:

I'd grab the remote and go watch House.

Mišt
Originally posted by Jen'ari
Well obviously he didn't directly say it, but he indirectly indicates that view.

He clearly implies that the degree of empowerment in Advent Child didn't put him off the movie, and then goes to state that 'OK fair enough the CW cartoon was a bit over the top' which heavily implies that he believed that the empowerment of the SW cartoons was too much and therefor resulted in a pretty poor cartoon series.

Now if you were able to read through the lines Snake Eyes, you'd see that the choice of wording and context heavily indicates that he believed that the cartoons were too overpowered and ergo ruined the story for him, yet Advent Child was not and therefore pretty enjoyable regardless.

Now please don't try to undermine my perception, it's something I pride myself in.

No, heres what was meant:

Advent Child, while still being unrealistic, kept within reason. Clone Wars cartoons......ok, Mace can singlehandedly take out a droid army with his fists? Yoda can throw starships around? Kit can swim like a bullet and take out underwater ships in a minute? Unrealistic, and unbelieveable in the context of power. Clone Wars isnt anime, its a cartoon, and they can do whatever the hell they want, they have no limit. If they made a proper anime SW, they could do whatever they wanted, but within reason, and still make it enjoyable without being too over the top.

Originally posted by Tangible God
If there was a SW anime:

I'd grab the remote and go watch House.

Exactly. If there was one, nobody's forcing anyone to watch it and enjoy it, simply dont watch it if it doesnt appeal.

Jen'ari
'No, heres what was meant:

Advent Child, while still being unrealistic, kept within reason. Clone Wars cartoons......ok, Mace can singlehandedly take out a droid army with his fists? Yoda can throw starships around? Kit can swim like a bullet and take out underwater ships in a minute? Unrealistic, and unbelieveable in the context of power. Clone Wars isnt anime, its a cartoon, and they can do whatever the hell they want, they have no limit. If they made a proper anime SW, they could do whatever they wanted, but within reason, and still make it enjoyable without being too over the top.'

*Fails to see how this conflicts with what I posted*

Mišt
But I wasnt implying it was a "pretty poor cartoon series". I watch it for entertainment, same as everyone else, but if they made an anime, and kept the power down to a more believable level, it would be more enjoyable than a limitless-power cartoon. I'd rather watch an 'overpowered yet still believable to some degree' anime, than 'dragonball z style power' cartoon, or 'realistic, believable' cartoon...whats the point? The movies do just that, why watch a cartoon that they cant just reproduce with live actors? Isnt the point of a cartoon/anime that you can do things you dont normally see? How boring would Advent Children be if it was realistic? Or how crap would it be if it was overpowered? Its at the right level thats enjoyable and believeable, to an extent.

Real - Force push 2 droids away. thumb down
Anime - Force push 10 droids away. thumb up
Cartoon - Force push an army away. thumb down

Jen'ari

Mišt

Jen'ari
'Since when does 'a bit over the top' equate to 'pretty poor cartoon'?'

smile This is too easy man. 'a bit over the top' doesn't equate to 'pretty poor cartoon' but saying 'Fair enough' and then 'a bit over the top' in response to Rex's 'A Star Wars Anime would make me cry inside. They'd be ridiculously overpowered' does.

'If it was pretty poor, why would I watch it for entertainment? You know what I do think is pretty poor? Britney Spears music, and hence, I dont listen to her...makes sense right?'

Strawman. I was evaluating your original post, not your most recent one. You know this.

'Dont know why you bothered posting that, its kinda obvious when reading.

What was your initial point even? Least I had one, Clone Wars are overpowered and unbelievable in the context of SW power, Advent Child had a nice mix of power and realism and a Star Wars anime would work like that. Dont see why you even entered the thread really.'

The whole point was that Advent Child is far more overpowered than the CW cartoon, anyone with a brain can see that; you clearly can't.

By the way, you just got yourself pwned.

Jen'ari
'Cant win what? This isnt a race, or a debate, or a popularity contest, dont see why you're trying to turn it into one.'

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&lr=&defl=en&q=define:debate&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

pwnt.

Mišt
Quote button is your friend. Seriously, its hard to pick out your points from what you quoted of mine.

smile This is too easy man. 'a bit over the top' doesn't equate to 'pretty poor cartoon' but saying 'Fair enough' and then 'a bit over the top' in response to Rex's 'A Star Wars Anime would make me cry inside. They'd be ridiculously overpowered' does.

Um no it doesnt. 'Pretty poor cartoon' implies that the quality of the cartoon is shit, could be the writing, the dialogue, the visual style, the overall cartoon. 'Pretty poor cartoon' equates to 'its shit and I dont see why I should watch it'. Not what I said at all, dont know why you brought it up. Fair enough, its a bit over the top' means, 'ok I agree its overpowered' then I followed it up, clearly, with more posts seeing as you questioned the original one. The point has been shown, now you're just bickering over minor things.

Strawman. I was evaluating your original post, not your most recent one. You know this.

Which followed into your original post, which followed into my following post, which has followed all the way down to now. You are saying something which you have interepreted my originial post as saying, even though I have repeatedly explained it. You are choosing to ignore this. Pointless bickering again.

The whole point was that Advent Child is far more overpowered than the CW cartoon, anyone with a brain can see that; you clearly can't.

No its not. I dont see Cloud taking out armies with his fists, I dont see Sephiroth throwing spaceships around with his mind. The point of Advent Children is that these characters are supposed to be powerful in the first place, and the action flows into it while keeping it relative to their skills. CW takes characters who are not supposed to do that shit, and then makes them perform unrealistic feats. That is overpowered.

By the way, you just got yourself pwned.

Excuse me while I cut myself?

'Cant win what? This isnt a race, or a debate, or a popularity contest, dont see why you're trying to turn it into one.'

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&lr=&defl=en&q=define:debate&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

pwnt.

Doh, heres me again explaining things that must have gone over your head, unless you're choosing to ignore just to get attention.doh

You chose to argue against something I said, with no relevance to the topic. You continued to ignore posts I've made to explain things. This isnt a debate, its just you going off topic with things that dont matter.

Snap, I got pwnt! Better get my trusty razor again, time for more cutting!

Jen'ari

Mišt
Clearly you could do with one.
Also, I didn't realise you had difficulty reading. My bad.

Yeah...no expression

There is such a thing as indirect indication. You didn't say it, but you implied it.

I implied nothing. Dont tell me what I mean and dont mean, Ill call AC here, he's pretty good in arguing this particular, seeing as he almost got banned over arguing against it with a mod. You took it one way, someone else takes it another. Fin.

Your other posts are irrelevant as I was only evaluating the first.

Good for you,. evaluation over, moving on.

lol, I already made it clear that you can't win this one, so I might as well finish it off.

lol, Im not trying to win anything.

1. Now by saying 'fair enough' you are agreeing with him to a degree.

No complaints here.

2. Now he didn't say anything about the CW cartoons, his only points were that overpowered cartoons/animes etc. would 'make him cry' and that he predicts that a SW anime would be too overpowered.

Well seeing as Clone Wars is the only cartoon/anime so far, I can include it in my point.

And how can an anime overpower it even more than the CW cartoon already has?

3.Now the only relevant point out of these and the only one you would have been replying to is that he is clearly put off by overpowered cartoon/animes etc., in other words you are agreeing with him that when cartoons/animes become too overpowered, they lose their viewing value.

Still didnt say it was a pretty poor cartoon, which you pulled from somewhere. Wanna prove me wrong? Quote me where I said it, dont go making these assumptions.

4. Now by saying 'Ok fair enough the CW cartoon was a bit over the top', going by my valid points, you are heavily implying that the CW cartoons lose their viewing value because they are too overpowered.

Shit, this will be the third time Ill have to bring it up..
Mace Windu knocking out a bunch of droids with his fists, brings down the viewing pleasure, because its pretty obvious its over the top in regards to his capabilities. Im not exactly going to sit there and go 'Well, shit, he's one powerful mofo'. Cause when we watch EP3, he gets taken down in a pissy saber fight in 3mins. Yay for continuation!

QED. You can't deny this dude, try and you will get pwned, again.

And I will cry my little eyes out, go tell my mommy that someone is being mean to me over the internet and get her to come here and tell you to stop it no expression
Heres the thing: I dont particularly care whether you think you've 'pwned' me or not, fact is I dont sit here all day pretending to be some godlike master of debating who can 'pwn n00bs', so you can pwn me all day long if thats what tickles your pickle, but I have other things to care about. So go for it, pwn me all you like. Hey while you're at it, pick out all my spelling, grammar and punctuation errors, and pwn me on those tooHappy Dance

Your other posts are irrelevant as I was only evaluating the first. Even then, I evaluated your first post perfectly, so the only way you could even hope to defeat my point is by contradicting your original post. Either way, you fail.

Oh but wait, I thought this was a debate? Cant exclude all other posts if this thats the case, can we? Or are you afraid to address those other posts, where I have cleaned the air, and you have nothing to counter? Cause Ive noticed you keep falling back on my original post...srug

I can follow your game and just say, 'I don't see Mace flying through an energy beam that is capable of destroying infrastructure on a grand scale', but I won't because it's not necessary. Advent Children is more overpowered, I don't need to get into a debate on that to prove it and I don't particularly want to either.

Thats funny, cause I dont want to get into a debate over what you think I implied in my first post, even though theres been numerous posts since then, but here we are stillsrug

And? Inconstancy has on relation on overpowering. And judging by your first post, it was clearly never on your mind.

And? What are you saying? Pulling more stuff out that has absolutely no relevance, just to pwn me again? yawn

We are both attempting to defeat the other's points. That is a debate, if you don't realise that, you fail.

Oops, snap, you havent addressed anything made to the topic at all, all you've done is challenge my posts, so your idea of a debate must consist of arguing against me just for the sake of arguing cause I see a debate as a difference of ideas and thoughts on a given topic. Well if thats your standard for debating, its no wonder you think of your debating skills as being so high.

I questioned Rex's post, cause it had relevance to what I wanted to say, and shit, it was on topic too, what a bonuseek!

You on the other hand, have added nothing to this topic, and insist on dragging this further offtopic just to make yourself look good at debating. Which we both know doesnt mean a single damn thing once you click the log out button and go about your daily life. But hey, if you want to look good in front of your fellow SW forum peers, go for it thumb up

So, how about you overlook this post for just one second, we'll pretend you've pwned me again for the nth time, and how about you say something of relevance to the topic? Could be a simple 'yeah it'd be cool' or 'nah it'd suck', at least then you've made your presence worth the time and effort of posting here. thumb up

Mišt
Oh wait, am I supposed to say 'pwned' at the end of that to look like I made a relevant post? Hell I forget these things..

Council#13
A serious Mist? hmm

I though I'd never see the day shock

Coleman Trebor
Congrats Jen'Ari, you loser.

Reported for stealing someones signature, and for a few other thigns you've been doing the past few days.

Ushgarak
Other than wanting this pretty silly argument- which seems to have come from a questionable inference- to stop, could I have some clarification on that sig issue?

Coleman Trebor
look in the battlebar, the last two peoples sigs. I'm not sure if Jenari hgot permission, but from what I ca nsee (He's done it before) He's using REX's sig.

Council#13
A mod's? Oh, this ain't gonna be pretty wink

Mišt
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Other than wanting this pretty silly argument- which seems to have come from a questionable inference- to stop, could I have some clarification on that sig issue?

I have no interest in continuing it either, he keeps bringing it off topic trying to 'pwn my errors', and hasn't contributed anything to the actual topic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.