Cloud vs Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KronikSausage
I'll leave this up to ya'll to discuss all I have to say is Cloud cannot use omnislash or summons.

Tallis
if link has a full arsenal he wins.

The-Judge
giva cloud omnislash and summons, and link still wins

IceJaw
This has been done over and over

kamikz
Though Cloud won in those, and people seem to have a different opinion now. Maybe worth reviving this topic?

Kayne Archeron
nope, Cloud still owns this

kamikz
Two people don't agree, so there actually is...

The-Judge
seriously, this will end just like the ryu vs link-thread...

shin_remy
Cloud wins IMO, his speed, and fighting with sword is far more impresive then what Link has done

sidekick
cloud still has other limt breaks so he wins

KronikSausage
I personally would have to say cloud, one word cure. That is if he even needed to use it.

Nikkolas
Fierce Deity Mask. Link wins.

Cha! Right
Cloud would Win he has a bigger sword then Links and well cloud can block what ever link throw's at him.

IceJaw
Mind backing that up?

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Fierce Deity Mask. Link wins.

Ha! By far the Fierce Diety Mask will hinder Link more then help him. He would be reduced to using a sword. Cloud is vastly superior then Link when it comes to sword fighting.

Cloud would use Finishing Touch, Blade Beam, CrossSlash, Meteorine and that would put Link out of the fight.

Superboy Prime
I think Link would win more often than not. His arsenal is more versatile and can prove to be a real asset in this fight.

I doubt any of Cloud's limit breaks would put Link out of the fight. He does carry a shield around among other things, you know?

Finishing Touch - Link can counter that with the teleporting spell.
Blade Beam - The hyrulian shield renders it useless, and if he has the mirror shield it will be deflected back at Cloud.
Cross Slash - The shield again renders it useless.
Meteorain - Once again the shield makes short work of it, or Nairyu's love, teleporting or whatever else he has in store.

Mesirus
Hmm, my opinion on the matter is that,
Cloud + all powers = cloud 99%
Cloud + no summons = cloud 90%
Cloud + no omnislash, no summons = cloud 88%

Links a little fairy man, he's not match for someone of Clouds caliber. Cloud could almost squash Link with that sword of his. In the end this is going to come down to a simple question of, skill, speed and strength, of which Cloud wins them all. Plus he has more advanced magic so Link doesn't succeed there either. Although my knowledge of Link is Limited to OoT and a few youtube clips. The thing is, in all honesty, i can see Link holding on with that master dagger of his compared to Cloud's "sword". The problem with this match up is now, was, and always will be more or less a one sided fight. Link has no real way of taking Cloud out.

And yes, I'm growing weary of this constant repeat, Cloud keeps winning for a reason.

Of course I'm presuming Cloud has the First sword as opposed to the buster sword.

You forgot my favourite Climhazzard, or are you going to suggest mirror shield can block that too?

MetaHybrid
Originally posted by Mesirus

Links a little fairy man, he's not match for someone of Clouds caliber. Cloud could almost squash Link with that sword of his. In the end this is going to come down to a simple question of, skill, speed and strength, of which Cloud wins them all. Plus he has more advanced magic so Link doesn't succeed there either. Although my knowledge of Link is Limited to OoT and a few youtube clips. The thing is, in all honesty, i can see Link holding on with that master dagger of his compared to Cloud's "sword". The problem with this match up is now, was, and always will be more or less a one sided fight. Link has no real way of taking Cloud out.

You can say that, by watching a few youtube clips and knowledge of just OoT. Maybe you SHOULD take a look at the other Zelda games. big grin

TricksterPriest
dude, this is a mismatch. Link is far stronger and faster than Cloud. The man lifts giant pillars of solid stone easily. He has ressurection capabilities with his fairies, not to mention the powers of the various masks and other items. Cloud is the one outclassed here, not Link. And if Mirror shield doesn't block Climhazard, then the master sword can deflect it, or have you forgotten Agahnim? One last thing, Link's sword is indestructible, Cloud's isn't. In a prolonged fight, Link's magic sword will break Cloud's normal, albeit well made, one.

Mesirus
Originally posted by MetaHybrid
You can say that, by watching a few youtube clips and knowledge of just OoT. Maybe you SHOULD take a look at the other Zelda games. big grin i was gonig to buy a gamecube because of that, but i decieded not to, i should borrow a friends or soemthing
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
dude, this is a mismatch. Link is far stronger and faster than Cloud. The man lifts giant pillars of solid stone easily. He has ressurection capabilities with his fairies, not to mention the powers of the various masks and other items. Cloud is the one outclassed here, not Link. And if Mirror shield doesn't block Climhazard, then the master sword can deflect it, or have you forgotten Agahnim? One last thing, Link's sword is indestructible, Cloud's isn't. In a prolonged fight, Link's magic sword will break Cloud's normal, albeit well made, one. Climhazzard is pyshical, so no, it can't be deflected, and its very powerful, so its unlikely it can be blocked. To lift anything of the sort in OoT you needed that bracelet, and you can't use it in combat, unless it works differently in the other games, that a pointless claim. I really don't see Link being stronger than Cloud, purely because i have never seen him jump like 200m. Well if you going to bring in ressurection crap, combine final attack with life2 = Cloud cannot die, everything time he dies the last spell revives him, Link would be ****ed at anyrate there. Don't even know what or who Ahahnim is... no expression. Indestructive okay, but its not going to break the first sword, ever. I was actully pointing out that links little blade would be knocked out of his hand when it met Clouds. As proof of that clam hold alittle stick, then get someone to hit it with a log, you can't hold on, least not without it snapping. Faster, hes not in OoT other than that i can't disprove it, but i have never seen evidence suggesting he is faster than Cloud, if you find any show me.

Thats all for now, All i'm saying it that this would more than likely be down to a sword fight, Cloud does have more exprence in that area. (Because he's not a dragon or giant or whatnot)

Superboy Prime

And yes, I'm growing weary of this constant repeat, Cloud keeps winning for a reason.

You forgot my favourite Climhazzard, or are you going to suggest mirror shield can block that too?

One sided my ass. Actually yeah my ass is one sided thank the lord. Now on topic the reason Cloud keeps winning is because of the legion of fanboys FF7 has. Just take a look at how over rated Sephiroth is. Some believe he could take down God himself, but that's for another topic. I have plenty of knowledge on both characters, and I find it really really hard to believe Cloud wins this in a curbstomp. The mirror shield is unbreakable, of course it's going to block Climhazzard.

Cloud surpassing Link in skill is debatable. Link is a natural. He is been fighting evil since he was a kid, and then proceeds to thoroughly kick evil's ass all across hyrule when he is older. Cloud didn't even make it to SOLDIER, so much for skill all right.

Speed again is debatable. Cloud can haste himself if he wants, Link can have the pegasus boots.

Strength? Cloud is no where near as strong as Link. Granted he can carry the Buster Sword, First Sword, etc. around. Link on the other hand can lift enormous stone pillars and he himself can carry a huge double handed sword crafted by giants.

One sided? Fanboy logic.

Superboy Prime
i was gonig to buy a gamecube because of that, but i decieded not to, i should borrow a friends or soemthing
Climhazzard is pyshical, so no, it can't be deflected, and its very powerful, so its unlikely it can be blocked. To lift anything of the sort in OoT you needed that bracelet, and you can't use it in combat, unless it works differently in the other games, that a pointless claim. I really don't see Link being stronger than Cloud, purely because i have never seen him jump like 200m. Well if you going to bring in ressurection crap, combine final attack with life2 = Cloud cannot die, everything time he dies the last spell revives him, Link would be ****ed at anyrate there. Don't even know what or who Ahahnim is... no expression. Indestructive okay, but its not going to break the first sword, ever. I was actully pointing out that links little blade would be knocked out of his hand when it met Clouds. As proof of that clam hold alittle stick, then get someone to hit it with a log, you can't hold on, least not without it snapping. Faster, hes not in OoT other than that i can't disprove it, but i have never seen evidence suggesting he is faster than Cloud, if you find any show me.

Thats all for now, All i'm saying it that this would more than likely be down to a sword fight, Cloud does have more exprence in that area. (Because he's not a dragon or giant or whatnot)

The Climhazzard will be blocked. There's nothing Link can't shield himself from with it. So Link can't lift stones and throw them at Cloud in combat, since when? Besides Link has at least twice the durability and stamina of a regular hyrulian, so it will take quite a while for Cloud to wear Link out. Cloud doesn't have more experience sword fighting than Link. That's prepoterous. Heck the guy just copied & pasted Zack's moves and called it a day. There's actually a limit to how many times final attack works, so Cloud won't be immortal for eternity. Heck if all else fails for Link he can just whip out the Ocarina and freeze time. Then he will spend his time giving Cloud a new hairdo simply because he is that nice.

Mesirus
not debatable, cloud IS faster, and he has more skill in sword fights, peroid

Superboy Prime
Why? Because you say so?

I am convinced.

Mesirus
no, because most of Links battles his enemies don't use weapons, Cloud on the other hand is a skilled soilder when it comes to hand to hand.

Seen AC? okay prove to me Link is as fast. Cloud nears the speed to dodge bullets, Link can make no such claim, or atleast to my knowledge

grey fox
no, because most of Links battles his enemies don't use weapons, Cloud on the other hand is a skilled soilder when it comes to hand to hand.

Seen AC? okay prove to me Link is as fast. Cloud nears the speed to dodge bullets, Link can make no such claim, or atleast to my knowledge

laughing

Whoa and I thought the Comic Book Forum fanboys were bad...Jeez.

Now let's look at this realistically. First of all we have to take into account which Cloud this is , FF7 , AC or KH.

FF7 - His limits are pretty good , but as SBP noted , Links defence is unbreakable. Speed and most other stats depend on his levels but his toughness is pretty good (he CAN take multiple strikes from Masasume). Various magic spells are interchangeable but overall it'd end up in a battle of CQC.

KH - Meh , he's fast and can fly , create various energy 'slashes' . That's really it. He's nowhere near as versatile as his counterparts and takes a beating.

AC - The weakest of the lot , his Sword skills is pretty good , but not masterful. Sephiroth was knocking him around like a rag-doll until the 'ol PIS machine kicked in. Strength is above human , maybe two tons ? Oh and he can jump reeeeeeeeeeeeeealy high , aside from that he's your average warrior.

Cha! Right
Link is still puny no matter what people say his shield can be easily be broken its not that powerful and his sword isn't even big enough agains cloud to do damage who are you guy's kidding around Link is just a village person while Cloud is an enforcer or used to be while Link looks more like a robin hood for Link to take on Cloud.

and plus Cloud has been training in the enforcer academy while Link had to train by himself or who ever trained Link so yeah Cloud wins.

grey fox
Originally posted by Cha! Right
Link is still puny no matter what people say his shield can be easily be broken its not that powerful and his sword isn't even big enough agains cloud to do damage who are you guy's kidding around Link is just a village person while Cloud is an enforcer or used to be while Link looks more like a robin hood for Link to take on Cloud.

and plus Cloud has been training in the enforcer academy while Link had to train by himself or who ever trained Link so yeah Cloud wins.

That is perhaps the WORST 'for cloud' I have ever heard.

Learn to debate fanboy.

Mesirus
As much as i love Link (hence the Sig) he can't beat Cloud, its that simple erm

grey fox

Did you even READ my post ?

Mesirus
Originally posted by grey fox
Did you even READ my post ? yeah, that one where you pretended to understand Clouds capabilities then chatted aload of bull, yes i read that.

MetaHybrid

This would actually mean something if say, You actually played more then one Zelda game. WoW.

Superboy Prime

Funny but I don't see any convincing arguments. Not at all. Right now all you're doing is state Cloud wins simply because you say so. That's not a good way to prove a point across.

I won't even bother with what the other guy tried said in Cloud's defense. That garbage is better left alone.

Superboy Prime

Are you kidding? Link fights his fair share of different weapon wielding enemies, not just yaoi rejects with huge swords. You really need to start playing the other Zelda games--no really, they're great games and I'm 95% convinced you will love them.

*Sigh* AC yet again. Give Link a CGI movie of his own and we'll see what happens. As it stands yes Link can't match that speed, but please tell me how Cloud will respond to getting frozen in time.

IceJaw
Originally posted by Cha! Right

and plus Cloud has been training in the enforcer academy while Link had to train by himself or who ever trained Link so yeah Cloud wins. hysterical

Newb

Mesirus
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Are you kidding? Link fights his fair share of different weapon wielding enemies, not just yaoi rejects with huge swords. You really need to start playing the other Zelda games--no really, they're great games and I'm 95% convinced you will love them.

*Sigh* AC yet again. Give Link a CGI movie of his own and we'll see what happens. As it stands yes Link can't match that speed, but please tell me how Cloud will respond to getting frozen in time.

What console are they? i really have been thinking doing some catch up with Link, which games are the must?

Emperor Ashtar
What console are they? i really have been thinking doing some catch up with Link, which games are the must?
Link to the past, Zelda DX links awakening,Oraclews of seasons, orcales of ages.

kamikz
Well my favourite Zelda games are (that I could consider others to take up)....

Ocarina of Time.
Majoras Mask.
Wind Waker.
Link's awakening.
A Link to the past!

Veldar
Points in favor for Link.

Cloud's Omnislash = 5 hearts.
Knights of the Round = 4.5 hearts
Link wears green = more stylish
Mirror Shield = Great magical defense / Mediocre Physical defense

Points in favor for Cloud
Navi = "Hey! Listen!" = Both Cloud and Link gets pissed off
Bomb = 40HP (at best)
Zelda = Some annoy biznitch that takes over Link's priorities.
Leveling up system = So Cloud feels like he frickin' accomplished something.
Only one game = He's focused and not all like "Damn it, I've got to save the Planet again?"

Points for Hanson = They defeated both Sephiroth and Gannondorf with only one line of singing.

Shao Khan: "Hanson wins. Flawless Victory. Fatality." (I've really got to find or make that as my signiture.)

Emperor Ashtar

Of course I'm presuming Cloud has the First sword as opposed to the buster sword.

This is gotta be the worst post I ever seen posted on game versus by far, I mean damn. This is pure, unadulterated bias.

Mesirus
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
This is gotta be the worst post I ever seen posted on game versus by far, I mean damn. This is pure, unadulterated bias.

what? i thought it was funny.

Well when its all said and done either way a good hero wins here

TricksterPriest
No, one of them is a good hero. The other is an emo blond amnesiac who is so outgunned in this fight, that there's no serious way to defend him. Don't make me bring out the triforce. angel Not that link needs it, but ultimately, what does Cloud have that can match that? I realize it's a deus ex machina, but I think it pretty much guarantees Link's victory.

Emperor Ashtar
No, one of them is a good hero. The other is an emo blond amnesiac who is so outgunned in this fight, that there's no serious way to defend him. Don't make me bring out the triforce. angel Not that link needs it, but ultimately, what does Cloud have that can match that? I realize it's a deus ex machina, but I think it pretty much guarantees Link's victory.

Cloud has fanboys,and the emo hero's is starting to tick me off.

Mesirus
....i am so sick of haters, fanboyism is bad, true, but haters e.i. you, is worse. The triforce is overrated anyway.
Okay, now there shall be a challenge for your very limited brain, prove to me the following things:

- Cloud slices through building chunks with ease, the gauntlets that allow Link superior strength cannot be used in battle, what evidence is there that Link can rival such power?

- Cloud can divide his sword for fast and accurate strikes, Link would have no way of pushing back the blades, prove how he would do this.

- Cloud has omnislash, an attack where he strikes 13 times very quickly with his enormous sword, how could Link survive?

- Cloud has vastly superior magic, how can Link bypass this?

- Cloud Can combine Final attack with Life2 for practical immortality, Link would be outlasted, defy this.

- Cloud has proved he has great skill in a sword fight, What evidence is there Link would be a worthy foe?

- Cloud has devastating summons, yours having a laugh if you think Link can take down Knights of the Round, or ZERO bahamut. How is it that Link is going to overcome such things?

- Cloud can leap over buildings, this would allow him to hit and run all over Link, tell me how is it that Link would triumph over this?

- Cloud has the longer sword, how can Link get in range of striking before he gets sliced and diced?

Answer every single point, assuming you can

Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Cloud has fanboys,and the emo hero's is starting to tick me off.

Your always ticked off

General Kaliero
Mesirus, you seem to forget that the beginning post negated Omnislash and Summons.

Cloud may have more magic, but Link has Nayru's Love. Impenetrable shield.

Who cares if Cloud has a longer sword, Link has tons of projectile weapons at his disposal. How is Cloud going to get close enough to use a sword when he has to dodge a rain of arrows and bombs? Link's arsenal is simply too versatile for a guy with a sword to beat.

Also, consider this: Link goes through his entire game killing every enemy single-handedly. Cloud has to be on a team. It would be impossible for Cloud alone to get through his entire game alive. So who is the better fighter here?

Emperor Ashtar

Your always ticked off
Right, because you know me so well roll eyes (sarcastic)

MetaHybrid
Cloud slices through building chunks with ease, the gauntlets that allow Link superior strength cannot be used in battle, what evidence is there that Link can rival such power?

Link not being able to use them in battle, is a game play mechanic. In fact you can use them in battle to a certain degree. Such as picking up giant stone statues and hurling them at the enemy.

Cloud can divide his sword for fast and accurate strikes, Link would have no way of pushing back the blades, prove how he would do this

The magic cape, which makes Link's body intangible (impossible to hit). Link can also spilt into 4 different people by using the Foursword. Now could Cloud hold is own against four skilled sword fighters with all their abilites?

Cloud has omnislash, an attack where he strikes 13 times very quickly with his enormous sword, how could Link survive

Magic cape again, or Protection ring, your choice. (won't list it's effects unless you ask)

Cloud has vastly superior magic, how can Link bypass this?
Your opinion. This goes unasnwered.

Cloud Can combine Final attack with Life2 for practical immortality, Link would be outlasted, defy this.

Doesn't last forever. Link also has 120+ lives because of Force Faries

Cloud has proved he has great skill in a sword fight, What evidence is there Link would be a worthy foe?

His many incarnations have saved many lands many times. And has once been given the title as a "Master Swordsman"

Cloud has devastating summons, yours having a laugh if you think Link can take down Knights of the Round, or ZERO bahamut. How is it that Link is going to overcome such things?

Magic cape, can't be hit.

Cloud can leap over buildings, this would allow him to hit and run all over Link, tell me how is it that Link would triumph over this?

Jump spell. Wait, Jump spell + Roc's feather. Or maybe Jump spell + Roc's Feather Level 2.

Link can now jump many times his own height, and can do it again in the air. Maybe not well enough as Cloud with with his crazy low gravity would, but enough to not be overwhelmed by a hit and run tactic.

Cloud has the longer sword, how can Link get in range of striking before he gets sliced and diced?

Meh, it's not that big, Link can get in, he does have a sheild, and does have good swordsmanship. He has faced people with giant ass swords before. Odolwa anyone?

IceJaw
Oh Odolwa, that crazy ass jungle giant, good example.

Mesirus
Originally posted by MetaHybrid
Cloud slices through building chunks with ease, the gauntlets that allow Link superior strength cannot be used in battle, what evidence is there that Link can rival such power?

Link not being able to use them in battle, is a game play mechanic. In fact you can use them in battle to a certain degree. Such as picking up giant stone statues and hurling them at the enemy.

Cloud can divide his sword for fast and accurate strikes, Link would have no way of pushing back the blades, prove how he would do this

The magic cape, which makes Link's body intangible (impossible to hit). Link can also spilt into 4 different people by using the Foursword. Now could Cloud hold is own against four skilled sword fighters with all their abilites?

Cloud has omnislash, an attack where he strikes 13 times very quickly with his enormous sword, how could Link survive

Magic cape again, or Protection ring, your choice. (won't list it's effects unless you ask)

Cloud has vastly superior magic, how can Link bypass this?
Your opinion. This goes unasnwered.

Cloud Can combine Final attack with Life2 for practical immortality, Link would be outlasted, defy this.

Doesn't last forever. Link also has 120+ lives because of Force Faries

Cloud has proved he has great skill in a sword fight, What evidence is there Link would be a worthy foe?

His many incarnations have saved many lands many times. And has once been given the title as a "Master Swordsman"

Cloud has devastating summons, yours having a laugh if you think Link can take down Knights of the Round, or ZERO bahamut. How is it that Link is going to overcome such things?

Magic cape, can't be hit.

Cloud can leap over buildings, this would allow him to hit and run all over Link, tell me how is it that Link would triumph over this?

Jump spell. Wait, Jump spell + Roc's feather. Or maybe Jump spell + Roc's Feather Level 2.

Link can now jump many times his own height, and can do it again in the air. Maybe not well enough as Cloud with with his crazy low gravity would, but enough to not be overwhelmed by a hit and run tactic.

Cloud has the longer sword, how can Link get in range of striking before he gets sliced and diced?

Meh, it's not that big, Link can get in, he does have a sheild, and does have good swordsmanship. He has faced people with giant ass swords before. Odolwa anyone?

Bloodly hell, lots that i'm missing. I'd better get down to playing them Zelda games

dirkdirden
Originally posted by General Kaliero

Also, consider this: Link goes through his entire game killing every enemy single-handedly. Cloud has to be on a team. It would be impossible for Cloud alone to get through his entire game alive. So who is the better fighter here?

I pasted FF7 with just cloud alone, it's rather easy the only hard part is the few hours when cloud is insane and you have to play with the other party members.

Way to outmatched to even discuses.

Superboy Prime
Yeah man you should play the Zelda games. The games are classics. You should find Majora's Mask just so you can follow up on Ocarina of Time. Then get a Link to the Past emulator(there are plenty of them in the internet) and Wind Waker. I have to play the new Zelda. Unfortunately I sold my GC after I finished Wind Waker and I have bought too many 360 games to afford a Wii...for now. sad Oh well.

Cloud + Ganon vs Link + Sephiroth....makes me wonder.

Mesirus
Cloud + Ganon vs Link + Sephiroth....makes me wonder.

Link and Sephiroth easily, Sephiroth plays with Cloud. Link kills ganon, Link and Sephiroth double team on Cloud butchering him

Superboy Prime
Yeah..thought about it afterwards. Just didn't want to make it a Zelda vs FF7 match again...but it turned out worst.

Mesirus
yeah, need to cool the jets of FF7, its getting annoying, and i'm a fan no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.