We love Will!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

katelovespirate
I've been feeling super bad about all the Will bashing. So i thought i would say a few things i like about him...

I like the way he looks wet. smile

I like when he sword fights

I like it when he puts the dagger in his mouth

i like how he is really intense and serious about what he wants.

-savvychick-
ummm...lets see...i can do this...hmmm...i agree w/ u about how he looks when he's wetsmile...hey...i tried!!!lol

CaptinJackLover
i htink you already named everyhting kate, i cnat htink of anythign else!

-savvychick-
you know...this is supposed 2 be a 'we love will' thread...but a whole three posts and we're pretty much out...thats a wee bit sad, eh???

CaptinJackLover
yeah....there isnt much to say about how much we love him...the bets thing from that list was that he looks good wet! lol

katelovespirate
i found another one. i think its kind of cute how he always draws his sword on Jack, when he obviously could never actually intimidate Jack... lol. its kind of sweet that he tries. smile

he's just so bumbling. this is harder than i thought. LOL. i keep picturing him breaking the candle holder, or getting hit by the pirate, or not saving Liz in time, or being bossed around the ship by Jack.

i cant wait till he does something super questionable... LOL

CaptinJackLover
i have a feeling im gonna like hm in the next movie if he turns bad.... gotta love the bad boys big grin

-savvychick-
if only we had more 2 go on...ummm...o...in the first movie i love it how he tried to imitate jack when gibbs waz tellin him the story...it waz hilarious!!! i just thought it waz kinda cute the way he triedsmile

willofthewisp
Okay, I like Will because the few times he acts completely on impulse he 1. usually has a great reason to do so and 2. end up benefitting everyone.
He was the one who took the intiative to save Jack and crew from the cannibals. It's that kind of stuff that he's really in his element. He's a quick thinker and is getting quicker the longer he hangs out with pirates. He's a little slow sometimes, but he's growing. He's just more of an adventurer, not a pirate. And that's okay. None of us are really pirates.

evilm0nki3
Aw thats nice of you all. let me think of something nice to say.

uuummmmm.......

uhhh he risked his life to save lizzie's! thats nice...in the first one.. he forgot about her sorta in the second... but! not focusing on the negative..umm..

um

um

He is a good sword fightersmile

mmoviejunkie
i like how will's a gentleman, always called elizabeth miss.swann
and he's cute no doubt
and i like orlando's accent, that's pretty hot

evilm0nki3
I love accents! They are greatsmile

katelovespirate
yeah he has a nice voice.

i like the necklace he wears in 2.

CaptinJackLover
yeah i like the necklace too...it makes you focus on his sexy body! lol

ivebeendepped43
sickos. i dont focus on anyone elses bodys but John's and Johnny's accent is 1 million times hotter

CaptinJackLover
ok this thread is to NOT bash will....if you ant to bash will go to another thread..we are tying to NOT be mea to him

ivebeendepped43
FINE!! ill go

CaptinJackLover
sry we just want to be posotive about will and thnk of GOOD things about him *mumbles* but its not very easy

ivebeendepped43
fine *struggles* he has kinda cute eyes. but Johnny's r cuter.

evilm0nki3
lol come on ivebeendepped43! i forced myself to write good things about will! it was hard... but I did it! now im proud of myself haha

ivebeendepped43
alright, i like his hair

sailorleo
yes! i love will! he's awsome...i loved him in the fight scene at the end of the movie

surfchikpir8fan
i luv will he is such a nice character hes sweet, can sword fight hes got some good funny lines (wat about jack, i cant leave without him ... time 2 go / a pair a sea turtles mate, strapped 2 my feet / then load the rum / barbossa, you lying bastard / this is either brilliance - or madnes / ect.) n his story has alot of meaning n did i meanion hes hot!!!! lol

T.Maria
wills your all around good guy...the audience r supposed to love himsmile

dont get me wrong, i have bashed him in the past (but i cant say why because that would be negative lol) but yeah, Will is soundsmile (not 'sound' as in music...'sound' as in good lol)

i cant decide if the writers want us to side with jack or will lol.
Will is the good guy that will probably turn to the bad guy...but he'll be a good guy because of it lolsmile

He does look good when hes wet...

erm....yeah, thats alot of positivesmile

katelovespirate
nice work everyone. I'm so proud of you. big grin

i think Orlando beefed up a bit since 1, so he looks better in 2.

I really like his line "by YOUR leave, mr Norrington" during the 3 swordfight in movie 2... its so immature but adorable. lol.

and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it when he and norrington roll out on the wheel into the surf, and it falls, and then they get out and they are completely dizzy and cant walk--- that part is HYSTERICAL.

yay Will! As long as we dont compare him to jack, he is one okay guy. smile

lovethemtigers
This thread is funny...but if you aren't careful...the insiders will be thinking you guys are soft on Will...and want him with Elizabeth...Will's okay...all the points you guys make about Will are good ones...I really can't think of anything else to add....I do like the part on cannibal island when says, "I'm not leaving without Jack" and then he says (when he sees the cannibals chasing Jack), "Time to go".....yeah, when he pulls the sword on Jack - Will is not intimitated by Jack. Jack is not intimitated by Will...Poor Will, though, Jack really just treats him like a "Stupid Bloody" after thought.....I guess when you think about it WIll does have some heroic moments...he is the one that spends time alone in a dangerous situation and risks his life to save others - so, in that instance he would be considered the Hero of this story...Jack is pretty much everything else...mentor, trickster, shadow, shapeshifter, etc...I agree its hard to figure out who the writers wants the audience to like more....but I know who I like more...I guess the writers just didn't realize what an impact Johnny was going to have on this movie and how his portrayal of Jack was going to be embraced by the public....or maybe they did and that's the beauty of this trilogy...Jack is the sinking soul who is saved by love....and caring for others....oops this is Will's thread's , not Jack's...sorry Ladies...guess I'll leave...on to the JohnnyDepp/JackSparrow lovefest...I'm happier there....

willofthewisp
That's a good point, lovethemtigers. Will is not intimidated by Jack, at least not yet. He's not intimidated by anyone, not even Davy Jones, and I do have to say I admire that. He stands up for himself and doesn't let people push him around even if they are these exciting pirate types and he's a blacksmith.
I think Jack needs him for the movie to work, too. They're so different from each other that too much Jack would have been like an ice cream headache. Will gives us some balance, some full out bravery, and something we're all used to. It's kind of like taking a breather so you can enjoy the ice cream more without being overstimulated.

katelovespirate
nice words. i am also having a super hard time not turning this into an i-love-jack/jack-is-better-than-will thread.

For the record, Jack is #1 in my book, he is the best, the hottest, and should get the girl.

but its true, Will does a nice job of balancing jack out and even showing him off more- because you cant help but compare them (which is basically what the writers want you to do in 2, by pitting them for liz) and so you are bound to see all the good things about each the other doesnt have. Wait, Jack pretty much has everything, lol.

I like Will a TON in 1 when he calls Barbossa a lying bastard. thats pretty hot.

willofthewisp
Jack still doesn't have the ability or confidence to wear his heart on his sleeve as much as Will does. We always know where Will stands with people. His integrity is too great to fake loyalties (too much) or be swayed. Jack leaves people guessing. That usually can come in handy, but it also creates problems. Think of all the hassle we wouldn't have to go through if Jack would just tell Liz, "you know, I don't think Will's the guy for you. Marry me and travel the world with me."
Playing both sides, or creating the impression that you do, also isn't good for communication. Will wouldn't have screwed up in movie 1 had Jack told him his full plan. He seemed to trust Will enough for most everything else, but not for that. Notice how Will plays along near the end when Jack persuades Barbosa to loose the pirates onto the navy. Will knew what Jack was up to then and Jack knew it.
So it's not always good to be Jack. Sometimes he needs to be a little bit more like Will.

sailorleo
Originally posted by katelovespirate

I really like his line "by YOUR leave, mr Norrington" during the 3 swordfight in movie 2... its so immature but adorable. lol.

and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it when he and norrington roll out on the wheel into the surf, and it falls, and then they get out and they are completely dizzy and cant walk--- that part is HYSTERICAL.

yay Will! As long as we dont compare him to jack, he is one okay guy. smile OMG! That scene was ssoooooo HOT!!! *sighs* two extremely sexy men...well you know where im going with this

katelovespirate
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Jack still doesn't have the ability or confidence to wear his heart on his sleeve as much as Will does. We always know where Will stands with people. His integrity is too great to fake loyalties (too much) or be swayed. Jack leaves people guessing. That usually can come in handy, but it also creates problems. Think of all the hassle we wouldn't have to go through if Jack would just tell Liz, "you know, I don't think Will's the guy for you. Marry me and travel the world with me."
Playing both sides, or creating the impression that you do, also isn't good for communication. Will wouldn't have screwed up in movie 1 had Jack told him his full plan. He seemed to trust Will enough for most everything else, but not for that. Notice how Will plays along near the end when Jack persuades Barbosa to loose the pirates onto the navy. Will knew what Jack was up to then and Jack knew it.
So it's not always good to be Jack. Sometimes he needs to be a little bit more like Will.

all very good points. i think we will see them somewhat switching in 3... maybe not, but i can imagine Will playing things a bit closer to the vest, while Jack starts being a bit more clear with everyone...

T.Maria
people like the underdog, and at the moment i think that is what will is.

And willofthewisp, i agree that too much jack could give me a headache...only for the simple reason that too much of agood thing is usually what makes something seem less inviting....

....I think this is why I'm less enthusiastic about a 4th film.
It may not have will and elizabeth..and they also make these films!

Will is a good character...he shows depth when needed, and that is good enough for me

mmoviejunkie
wait, so they really are making a #4?
i thought that Gore said something about how they weren't going to, but johnny wanted to

willofthewisp
I'm fine with it being a trilogy. While I love Jack, he wouldn't be the same without Liz and Will there to share in his adventures. They are a trio and the chemistry between them all is what makes the movie works.
And yes, I have said Liz and Will have no chemistry AS A ROMANTIC COUPLE. They seem very brother/sister to me, like they understand each other and do love one another, but in a very protective way, like each one is trying to mother the other. But it's a sweet relationship and it is their "love" that is the catalyst for the first movie.

CaptinJackLover
you guys realize that even though we are talking about Will we slip Jack's name in like almost every post, so even though its mainly about Will we still need to bring up Jack for sum reason

Captain's Wench
Will is a sweetheart, he was willing to die for the one he loves, no questions asked...!

hes really cute too!

willofthewisp
I'm not sure about cute. He's too chisled for me, if that makes sense. TOO good looking that I find him unattractive. If he were alive in the 50s and 60s when they were making all those Greek mythology movies like Jason and the Argonauts, they'd make him the hero's little boyfriend. And don't tell me they wouldn't do that! ha ha ha....fun flashbacks of Jason. Hercules has a little wimpy friend and the actual myth reveals they were lovers but the movie just implies it.

Or in Spartacus, if anyone has seen the "oysters and snails" bit. Very easy to insert Orlando's face in it.

But this is a good thread, so I will say something really nice about Will.
Will will go to the ends of the earth without a second thought if he loves you. Will bothers to teach you how to sword fight even though it's "wrong" for a woman to know how, just so you will be able to protect yourself. Will wants to marry you and give you a happy life and never thinks he's really worthy of you.

Will will do anything for you, even go back to being a pirate for a little while and get stuck in an adventure with a guy he doesn't like. But he will save that guy whether he likes him or not simply because it is the right thing to do.

Basically, he's an upstanding fellow and the man in my life is a good combination of Jack and Will, and that's the perfect guy. We need Wills in the world to act bravely when no one else will.

LovelyOne
I like will for......

.....................I'll get back to you on that one laughing out loud

seriously what is his purpose?

OH I KNOW!! to be the baddie in movie 3!! Thats where everything is pointing to when it comes to his character.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Captain's Wench
Will is a sweetheart, he was willing to die for the one he loves, no questions asked...!

hes really cute too!

wouldn't be so sure about that one...I think movie 3 is gonna show us different when it comes to Will..it even seemed that in this movie..his dad was more important to him than Liz's safety.

and Jack is suddenly becoming what Liz needs..he came back and faced death for her by the end of the movie..and I think he was going to stay behind anyway...her physically "chaining him down" and his obvious. happiness and acceptance once she does this is supposed to give the audience the idea of a Jack Liz/Jack end up in the future me thinks.. big grin

anyway..I LOVE will....i dunno if it will be for long though..I can honestly see him being a pretty disliked character by movie 3.

katelovespirate
awe no, third films are all about redemption. i think Will will go to the edge of it (and we will all be on the edge of hating him) and then he will change his mind and do something heroic to make us like him again.

if he gets liz, i probably wont like him no matter how cool he is. LOL. (actually scratch that, i;ve said it before and i'll say it again, i trust the writers)

I like how Will implicitely trusts Gibbs. its hilarious. smile

Captain's Wench
I'm not sure about cute. He's too chisled for me, if that makes sense. TOO good looking that I find him unattractive. If he were alive in the 50s and 60s when they were making all those Greek mythology movies like Jason and the Argonauts, they'd make him the hero's little boyfriend. And don't tell me they wouldn't do that! ha ha ha....fun flashbacks of Jason. Hercules has a little wimpy friend and the actual myth reveals they were lovers but the movie just implies it.

Or in Spartacus, if anyone has seen the "oysters and snails" bit. Very easy to insert Orlando's face in it.

But this is a good thread, so I will say something really nice about Will.
Will will go to the ends of the earth without a second thought if he loves you. Will bothers to teach you how to sword fight even though it's "wrong" for a woman to know how, just so you will be able to protect yourself. Will wants to marry you and give you a happy life and never thinks he's really worthy of you.

Will will do anything for you, even go back to being a pirate for a little while and get stuck in an adventure with a guy he doesn't like. But he will save that guy whether he likes him or not simply because it is the right thing to do.

Basically, he's an upstanding fellow and the man in my life is a good combination of Jack and Will, and that's the perfect guy. We need Wills in the world to act bravely when no one else will.

I do see where your going! haha he's too pretty for you. I say that about some guys, if they're prettier than me I dont want em! But i agree with everything else, well said!

yoho
In dmc Will was definitely better looking; more brawny, and somehow more grown up and mature but there were a few scenes in potc1 that I liked too... at the smithy when he walks in and soothes the frightened animal, that left me feeling warm inside ... and in the last scene when Jack says 'will, nice hat', I really love will's smile... he just looks so handsome.

There, I've said something nice about will smile now I can go back to rooting for Jack.

LovelyOne
awe no, third films are all about redemption. i think Will will go to the edge of it (and we will all be on the edge of hating him) and then he will change his mind and do something heroic to make us like him again.

if he gets liz, i probably wont like him no matter how cool he is. LOL. (actually scratch that, i;ve said it before and i'll say it again, i trust the writers)

I like how Will implicitely trusts Gibbs. its hilarious. smile

Jack has had his redemption in movie 2 already lol..I dont know if thats true about all the characters having their redemption by movie 3..

I can imagine will getting it right at the very end after doing something very stupid.

I find it strange how Jack and liz have both done the bad thing before movie 3..Jack has actually redeemed himself..Liz still can by early movie 3..but Will?

He hasn't done ANYTHING bad yet..and its going to be pretty hard cramming everything thy have done with Jack/Liz it all into one final movie for Will..which makes me think all the more that what ever he does is gonna make us jump..annd then people will see the redemption

If my theory of Will is right...then I dont like him anymore laughing out loud

I mean selfishly trying to break up Jack/Liz when they clearly want to be with one another..

what lengths will he go to lie to himself that Jack cant everlovve a woman etc etc..

willofthewisp
Hitting Jack with an oar was kind of bad, although it was to save himself from being turned over to Barbosa (in Will's mind).

See, he does do bad things, but he always thinks the end justifies the means. If he does bad things to make something good happen, he'll do it. Being a pirate is despicable (to quote Liz) to him, but to do something good (get her back), what's he do? He breaks Jack out of jail and steals a ship! That's phenomenally bad! That's like the straight-A student now all of a sudden breaking out a felon and stealing a ferrari and going cross country to go rape and pillage.
And don't forget he sold Jack out by means of getting his compass so he could do another good thing (save Liz from hanging). All he would have had to do is pretend to go along with it and say "Jack, I need your help" or just break her out himself. They must have fixed the bars after they saw how easy it was for him to get Jack out.
So he does do bad things, but he justifies them in his mind.

ivebeendepped43
i no, i h8 him 4 hitting him /w the oar! stupid eunuch!

evilm0nki3
oo i was watching pirates 1 today and i saw something that will did that i liked but i cant remember what it was... something small...

CaptinJackLover
hahhaha well think fast! we are all beginning to lose interest in him and eventually will chnage the subject to Jack or sumone better than him (no offence Will)

o and IBD43 you need ti chill....if you want to bash Will then take it to another thread. We need to LOVE Will in this thread no matter how hard it might be

willofthewisp
It's not too hard to love Will. I make fun of him a lot, but I wouldn't say I dislike him. He is part of this trilogy, a big part, and no matter how much you love Jack, you really have to ask yourself what kind of movie it would be without Will, just to see what it would be like without all the sharp contrasts and exchanges between Will and Jack. They're a duo that hate being paired off together, but they are a great team. Without trying to make them seem gay, they have a lot of chemistry in the ways of group dynamics.

CaptinJackLover
i do kind of dislike him, there is just sumthing about his personality that gets to me. I m still trying to figure out what it is.

yea i agrre JAck and Will do make a great team even though they hate it...but when they are working together they dont realize how much they dont like it and just do what they have to do and the outcome of thst is great! I love thre fact they are a great team but hate eahc other to pieces! thas what make sait interesting! i love when teams work likie that!

Bwa Ha Ha
yes

ivebeendepped43
It's not too hard to love Will. I make fun of him a lot, but I wouldn't say I dislike him. He is part of this trilogy, a big part, and no matter how much you love Jack, you really have to ask yourself what kind of movie it would be without Will, just to see what it would be like without all the sharp contrasts and exchanges between Will and Jack. They're a duo that hate being paired off together, but they are a great team. Without trying to make them seem gay, they have a lot of chemistry in the ways of group dynamics. the movie would b millions better if he never existed

Bwa Ha Ha
can you imagine it without him? or someone like him? where would liz get the aztec coin and such?

ivebeendepped43
*folds arms and pouts* fine!

Bwa Ha Ha
whats fine

ivebeendepped43
WILL YOU STOP!!!! just read the rest of the convo!

Bwa Ha Ha
i did... I WANNA WATCH SLEEPY HOLLOW AGAIN!!!bawling

willofthewisp
Sleepy Hollow is really good. I enjoyed it a lot. Great Halloween movie.

But yeah, where would Liz have gotten the coin if Will hadn't been there? She would never have gotten involved in the adventure. Plus, keeping Will there keeps her in denial about her real feelings. Think how unsatisfying it would be if Jack came onto her and she just went with it right off the bat? We LOVE their banter and their constant chasing one another. It will make the love scene in the third one more satisfying.

ivebeendepped43
once again, Johnny is totally hot when hes squemish!!! adorable facial expressions. i love it when hes ivestigating the headless victim in the forest! hes like gagging that whole time!

mmoviejunkie
okay stop talking about johnny!!
as much as i love him this is the will thread!!

okay i'll say something i just noticed what i like about will, i like it when he's confused..he just gets a cute look on his face

like in the first one where he's like "aye avast!" and then jack looks at him like wtf? and he looks back like what's wrong? that was really cute

and in the second one where he's like i'm here to settle jack sparrow's debt or whatever and davy is like what?!? and then he repeats his self unsurely-that was cute too

lovethemtigers
yeah that's just it...Will is just Cute...Jack is sexy, gorgeous, fine, clever, smart, intelligent.....

And ya'll are right...the story wouldn't work without WIll....if not for Will having the gold medallion...she would never have gotten to get so mixed up with Jack Sparrow.....and then, without Will...you ditto.there would be no reason for Liz to deny her feelings...and that's what makes the coupling of Jack and Liz so hot and exciting..thier constant banter, their denial of feelings...the forbidden love..the unthinkable...just think how fun it will be to see how Dear Old Daddy Weatherby is going to react when he finds out his daughter has fallen in love with a True Pirate and not a Blacksmith turned Pirate.....He is Captain Jack Sparrow.

Oh I'm sorry, I apologize..this is the We Love Will Thread...I knew I should have stayed off of this site...it's just so hard to talk about anything associated with Pirates of the Caribbean and not end up talking about how great Jack is and how he and Liz are together...Sorry

ivebeendepped43
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
yeah that's just it...Will is just Cute...Jack is sexy, gorgeous, fine, clever, smart, intelligent.....

And ya'll are right...the story wouldn't work without WIll....if not for Will having the gold medallion...she would never have gotten to get so mixed up with Jack Sparrow.....and then, without Will...you ditto.there would be no reason for Liz to deny her feelings...and that's what makes the coupling of Jack and Liz so hot and exciting..thier constant banter, their denial of feelings...the forbidden love..the unthinkable...just think how fun it will be to see how Dear Old Daddy Weatherby is going to react when he finds out his daughter has fallen in love with a True Pirate and not a Blacksmith turned Pirate.....He is Captain Jack Sparrow.

Oh I'm sorry, I apologize..this is the We Love Will Thread...I knew I should have stayed off of this site...it's just so hard to talk about anything associated with Pirates of the Caribbean and not end up talking about how great Jack is and how he and Liz are together...Sorry censored2 i love you!!!!! someone agrees with me for once!!!! no one els feels this way. i think its best we just stay off this thread and leave these WILL LOVERS to their WILL LOVING!

Jacky Sparrow
how about to open a will hating thread, for those you want to shout and just annoy about Will????

ivebeendepped43
yeah! ill do that rite now!

evilm0nki3
I remember the thing Will did that I liked! When he came in to talk to Norrington about Liz after she was taken and he slammed his ax on the table and said

"THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!"

I LOVED that! It was so cool and heroic and nice and whatnot lol Loved itsmile He was actually acting more like a man and less like a pansy!

sailorleo
Originally posted by evilm0nki3
I remember the thing Will did that I liked! When he came in to talk to Norrington about Liz after she was taken and he slammed his ax on the table and said

"THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!"

I LOVED that! It was so cool and heroic and nice and whatnot lol Loved itsmile He was actually acting more like a man and less like a pansy! that was pretty hot...but i was also buggin' (for lack of a better term) because i was like 'don't be talkin to my norrie that way!"

sccch
*grins evilly* Hello all Will lovers.

Bwa Ha Ha
lol

willofthewisp
I did like that part. I like he doesn't care about his social class in that scene. He's going to stand up for himself and for Liz. And everyone hates when he hits Jack with the oar and says "I'm not going to be your leverage," but in his mind, he's saving himself and standing up to a pirate, so even though he was wrong and uninformed, that was kind of cool. He doesn't let Jack get to him too much.

Bwa Ha Ha
yeah, but Jack gets him back with the oar in POTC2...

evilm0nki3
hehehehehehe yeah.

sccch
Now now. I don't think we need two Will bashing threads.

Bwa Ha Ha
lol

willofthewisp
Wonder if anyone will get hit in the face with an oar in the third one.

Norrington,.........heh heh heh.

ivebeendepped43
Originally posted by Bwa Ha Ha
yeah, but Jack gets him back with the oar in POTC2... oh yeah!!! rock on!!!! hahahahahaha! Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! these movies are about oars, huh?

mmoviejunkie
yeah, "she's taken the oars" ha, i love how keira is like i wonder who's idea was that?it was probably mine and then jack is like or it was probably ted's and (the other guy?)'s idea

ivebeendepped43
its Terri. and i love that too, even though Keira is so full of herself "OH, no but we've been terribly cunning, where are the oars? where are the oars? i wonder whos idea was that, it must have been mine! NO, Ted and Terri's. yeah, Ted and Terri's"

mmoviejunkie
yeah she's a conceited one,
but she's still funny as hell
i really hope that she does a commentary again
but i hope that gore and johnny dont do a commentary together-that was boring, maybe johnny and orlando??
most times i can force myself to sit through something of johnny's but i couldn't stand that...maybe i'll finish it one day

evilm0nki3
i liked gore's and johnny's smile

willofthewisp
Aren't all commentaries a little boring? I'd much rather see Mike, Servo, and Crow from the old Mystery Science Theater show doing their commentary.

Leggy_n_Merry
My God. You can't go on a thread in here without people mentioning how they want Jack and Elizabeth together.

And.. if anyone doesn't like Will then stop posting in here. You're supposed to stay on topic.

yay Will! As long as we dont compare him to jack, he is one okay guy. smile

Haha I love "By your leave Norrington." too. And the scene where they're dizzy.

Originally posted by yoho
In dmc Will was definitely better looking; more brawny, and somehow more grown up and mature but there were a few scenes in potc1 that I liked too... at the smithy when he walks in and soothes the frightened animal, that left me feeling warm inside ... and in the last scene when Jack says 'will, nice hat', I really love will's smile... he just looks so handsome.

There, I've said something nice about will smile now I can go back to rooting for Jack.

I agree about when he stroked the donkey. That was lovely smile And I love that smile too!! I can see it in my head now. Awww.

Originally posted by mmoviejunkie
okay stop talking about johnny!!
as much as i love him this is the will thread!!

okay i'll say something i just noticed what i like about will, i like it when he's confused..he just gets a cute look on his face

like in the first one where he's like "aye avast!" and then jack looks at him like wtf? and he looks back like what's wrong? that was really cute

and in the second one where he's like i'm here to settle jack sparrow's debt or whatever and davy is like what?!? and then he repeats his self unsurely-that was cute too

Agreed on both things. Stop talking about Johnny/Jack in a Will thread, stay on topic. There's already a thread for Johnny Depp and one for Jack Sparrow.

So yeah.. about the confused thing: awww I LOVE that! Orlando does that face in loads of his films, it's just adorable.

Things I love about Will:

He's a gentleman.
He would do anything to save the woman he loves.
He's played by Orlando Bloom (lol).
He looks hot when he's wet (as already mentioned).
He looks sexy whether he's scruffy or tidy.
He can look both sexy and cute/adorable.
The sweetness of him at the beginning of The Curse of the Black Pearl in his first scene with Elizabeth where you can just tell how much he likes her (I'd love for someone to like me like that (again)).
He looks so adorable when he's confused (as already mentioned).
The fact that he duelled/fought/whatever a pirate, and only lost because the pirate cheated (lol).
He's the pefect man (seems like the type of man I'd like anyway).
He's very heroic and brave.
He is a good man, and only ever does bad things to help people.
Kinda carrying on from the last point.. he saved Jack from being killed (oh come on, all of you who are obsessed with Jack should have come up with that one!! lol).

There are many more, and I shall post them when I think of some and when I remember/have time.

katelovespirate
im actually having a day where i sort of like Will.

I feel bad for him!

I mean, poor guy loses his mom, his dad totally abandoned him, he gets in a massive ship wreck, then he has to watch the girl he really likes flounce around growing up in style while he works a dead end job for a boss who doesn't give him any credit.

When he's in the Governor's mansion at the beginning of 1, its so obvious he is totally uncomfortable there- he is intimidated by the wealth and stuff... poor guy, he is not dressed right for there, and he has worked so hard to make the sword perfect, etc...
and he's trying to be a polite boy in front of Swann, and Liz is totally mean to him about it.

It's no wonder he tries super-hard to cling to what small honor he has- that his father was a respectable man. For a guy who has nothing going for him, its no wonder he doesn't want to believe his father was a pirate. then he just feels totally worthless, until Jack and Lizzie convince him being a pirate isnt a bad thing at all! smile

He really does try incredibly hard. And he does look good wet.

He looks super good in the scene when he swims to the island looking for Jack and the crew... and he's all wet and kind of tired, and his shirt is hanging open. i like that.

i go back and forth. today i really support Will. I think he's a nice guy and I feel sort of bad for him.

willofthewisp
You make lots of good points, Kate, most of which are reasons why I like him, too. In the first movie, he is the underdog. He turns pirate, which he hates, to save someone else. That's pretty sacrificing.
And back then, people probably thought you were insane if you sympathized with pirates. Think about it, you work so hard to support yourself and your family, and then these people come and torch the place, rape your wife/daughters, and steal all your stuff and get away scot-free. That sucks. No wonder most people hate pirates in these movies.
But Will becomes one for the sake of saving Liz, and he's slow, but tries to pull his weight. I just like that he doesn't blindly follow Jack. He knows he needs his help, but he doesn't let Jack walk all over him. Most people would be like "whatever you say, pirate," but not Will. He thinks about everything they're doing, and sometimes he's wrong, but better to be wrong on your own than always be guided to the right decision.

katelovespirate
right. this is why I am hopeful he will be redeemed in 3... i am really hoping he will go to the edge and do some piraty stuff, cause i always think its kinda hott when good people get a little edgy and do something unexpected, but i want him to get through it all.

its a shame cause any other time i would be rooting for him to get the girl, ya know?

but there is just no way to compare him to Jack. And lets face it, no matter how sweet Will is, he doesn't have the same chemistry with Keira.

maybe that could change. i dont know.

(feels a bit odd for being so nice to will today...)

LovelyOne
I dont like his character..at all..

the way he is heading??,...no no...he's gonna be an *******..I dont like assholes in movies

Jack was never a full *******..he only would do something if he thought he the person would be safe in the long run..but Will?..He's just not gonna give a crap who he hurts in the process of getting what he wants most. He'll hurt Liz and he'll hurt Jack.....this is already obvious towards the end of movie 2..even in movie 1..

If Jack and Liz are happy together..then why be a selfish little spoiled brat about it?? Why cant he just let them be? If he really loved her he would let her go..his love for her is gonna turn selfish..he wont care about her wants..he's only care about himself..

What Liz and Jack did isnt a bad thing..at ALL...they are falling for eachother naturally..and will is gonna selfishly drive a wedge between them IMO..just so he can get his own way..when I dont even think Liz is his top priority anymore..he cant have both things in his life that are equally important..one has to come before the other..and its gonna be his dad..IMO...he's gonna selfishly try and have both..by doing this he's gonna tear Liz's heart appart..and he's gonna also rip Jack's in two..

so yeah..I dont like his character anymore lol

katelovespirate
but we dont know that Will is going to try to interfere in the Liz/Jack thing... in fact, it might seem like he will try to seperate himself from Liz so that she will go after what she really wants... right?

i dont think he would try to force Liz into anything--- i bet, after the kiss, he will break things off with her at once. thats just my opinion. i just get the idea that Will always feels like he doesn;t quite deserve her anyways... perhaps like they arent right for each other (which at this point, they arent) but he has tried to make it work anyway cause he loved her... but now he sees who she is, and i think he might step back and let Liz make her own choice...

i CAN see him being awful to Jack. He has never trusted Jack, and he will probably feel like Jack doesnt deserve Elizabeth either- like he has to protect Liz from Jack maybe, because he doesnt see the good heart Jack has the way Liz sees it. I can imagine him trying to hurt Jack. That would piss me off, but lets face it, the two have never been good friends and have tried to kill each other multiple times.

Captain's Wench
Originally posted by LovelyOne
I dont like his character..at all..

the way he is heading??,...no no...he's gonna be an *******..I dont like assholes in movies

Jack was never a full *******..he only would do something if he thought he the person would be safe in the long run..but Will?..He's just not gonna give a crap who he hurts in the process of getting what he wants most. He'll hurt Liz and he'll hurt Jack.....this is already obvious towards the end of movie 2..even in movie 1..

If Jack and Liz are happy together..then why be a selfish little spoiled brat about it?? Why cant he just let them be? If he really loved her he would let her go..his love for her is gonna turn selfish..he wont care about her wants..he's only care about himself..

What Liz and Jack did isnt a bad thing..at ALL...they are falling for eachother naturally..and will is gonna selfishly drive a wedge between them IMO..just so he can get his own way..when I dont even think Liz is his top priority anymore..he cant have both things in his life that are equally important..one has to come before the other..and its gonna be his dad..IMO...he's gonna selfishly try and have both..by doing this he's gonna tear Liz's heart appart..and he's gonna also rip Jack's in two..

so yeah..I dont like his character anymore lol

Well, Will is human. If he were to be reallllly upset over this whole thing and lash out then ya know I dont know if I would really be mad or upset with his character. Have you ever been in love with someone then had them fall in love with someone else? Believe me it is one of the hardest emotions life has to offer, it is hard enough to make the weak hearted insane, and Will I can say is not very strong willed. He's emotional and easily hurt in a way. So if he does go a little assholish, its just who he is, but I think he has enough sense to get over it too.

sailorleo
yeah i'm just like will in those respects

LovelyOne
I have been in love with someone and they then fell for someone else..and I let them go because the other person was happier too when they were with him

I could understand him doing something that would hurt Liz and Jack..if it wasn't all that bad I wouldn't mind..

but if he really hurts either of my 2 fave characters..I will probably hate him..I don't think Disney will make us hate forever if he does do this they will probably have him redeem himself..

and I don't think Will even cares about her as much as he used to..kinda thing..

I wouldn't say will was incapable..of being strong willed..that is probably the very reason why he will turn so easily..because he constantly feels like that..so yeah I do feel sorry for him in that respect..but if he hurts someone badly..then I will have no sympathy because it would be all about selfishness..It would be really unnecessary for him to hurt someone really badly just to spite them..and I would really dislike him for that..

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by Captain's Wench
Well, Will is human. If he were to be reallllly upset over this whole thing and lash out then ya know I dont know if I would really be mad or upset with his character. Have you ever been in love with someone then had them fall in love with someone else? Believe me it is one of the hardest emotions life has to offer, it is hard enough to make the weak hearted insane, and Will I can say is not very strong willed. He's emotional and easily hurt in a way. So if he does go a little assholish, its just who he is, but I think he has enough sense to get over it too.

Yup, I can totally emphasis with Will. It is the worst feeling I've ever experienced in my life. I'm still experiencing it.

PIRATES=SEX
As sexy as orlando bloom is ,will annoys me.

reine_mk
I really like Will. He is beautiful , romantic, devoted, loving and looove his accent (when he said :I love you Elizabeth.From the ffirst day I saw you.) hmmm jummy, he is so modest and kinda shy which is adorable. I LOVE WILLIAM TURNER !!!! love love love pirate

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by reine_mk
I really like Will. He is beautiful , romantic, devoted, loving and looove his accent (when he said :I love you Elizabeth.From the ffirst day I saw you.) hmmm jummy, he is so modest and kinda shy which is adorable. I LOVE WILLIAM TURNER !!!! love love love pirate

Yay someone who is actually passionate about talking about Will! Everyone else was saying how difficult it was for them to say good stuff about him, poor thing...

reine_mk
YUP

ivebeendepped43
lol Will lovers......

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by ivebeendepped43
lol Will lovers......

You don't have to laugh at us. This is a Will thread, there's obviously going to be Will lovers in here.

tee_pirategirl
actually I don't love will that much I fel the same as kate I feel really sorry that everyone is mean to him I keep thinking of reasons to like him but I end up not liking him I mean I like orlando the way he looks and stuff and this might sound wierd but I love how his back looks in the scene where they ripp his shirt open to lash him it's charming but the character I'm not too crazy about though I wanna make myself like him
1-cause what if he DOES end up withliz I gotta TRY to like him though I hope they don't end up together
2-he's a likeable character I mean what the characters are trying to do is to make HIM look likable and JACK unlikable but why do I feel it's vice versa?????

katelovespirate
Originally posted by tee_pirategirl
actually I don't love will that much I fel the same as kate I feel really sorry that everyone is mean to him I keep thinking of reasons to like him but I end up not liking him I mean I like orlando the way he looks and stuff and this might sound wierd but I love how his back looks in the scene where they ripp his shirt open to lash him it's charming but the character I'm not too crazy about though I wanna make myself like him
1-cause what if he DOES end up withliz I gotta TRY to like him though I hope they don't end up together
2-he's a likeable character I mean what the characters are trying to do is to make HIM look likable and JACK unlikable but why do I feel it's vice versa?????

okay, yes this is a huge thing i forgot to mention.

i LOVE it when Will gets whipped. I am seriously not a sadist though guys--- buts its freaking HOTT> its intense, his back is incredibly hott, and i always like it when people have scars cause it makes them more interesting...

Leggy_n_Merry
okay, yes this is a huge thing i forgot to mention.

i LOVE it when Will gets whipped. I am seriously not a sadist though guys--- buts its freaking HOTT> its intense, his back is incredibly hott, and i always like it when people have scars cause it makes them more interesting...

Yup that's another one to add to the list. He has a very sexy back naughty

tee_pirategirl
oh my god so I'm not the only one out there who likes his sexy back I'm soooo happy!!! cause I thought it's just this freakish thing I have LOL

tee_pirategirl
oh and guys I know this is off-topic but can someone please write POTC5 ...our next version? it's sorta on a cliff hanger I wanna see what happens!!!!!!! I'm becoming totally attached to the characters you guys have added like abi and jacky and kate and...and alex and ziek!!!

katelovespirate
i dont even know whats going on in it... i was so obsessed with our 3 and 4... and i felt like i needed a break, LOL.

but i would like to know whats going on with it. can someone sum up for me, and i will try to read it over the weekend?

tee_pirategirl
well basicly norri and jacky are now together and it's after jack and liz's wedding and they are heading to (texas) they didn't know what it was called back then so they just went with texas. to collect these burried coins or whatever BUT in the way becket gets hold of jack and liz trades herself to get jack back. liz gets branded a pirate and is laying in becketts cabin when grant sparrow walks in and jack and the crew are trying to sail through a storm to find liz and will confronts jack about either his compass not working or him not wanting to find liz to which he replies: you got me on one of them! but we don't know on which!!! so it's a bit hazy but if we pull it together...maybe something will come out of it Imean the idea of POTC5 IS pushing it too much and there simply isn't enough liz/jack in there for my taste lol but it's totally fun and cool and if it hadn't stopped on SUCH a hanger I would accept it but I'm totally wondering does the compass not work or doesn't jack wanna find liz? both are awful!!!! cause if A)they loose a good device that has helped them alot and could be of use to them later. B) I don't even have to explain this one lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.