Nhl 07

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
Is anyone else looking forward to this game? Always loved hockey games, and with the new stack handling/puck control it looks to be great this year.

I played the demo that's on Xbox Live right now, the new controls really enhance the game, can't wait for the real game to come out next week.

AstroFan
I only played a couple rounds, the controls take some getting used to. I just hope the game isnt empty like all EAs next gen games.

BackFire
Empty? Like how?

AstroFan
Sports games i mean, so far all the next gen versions have been stripped of all but the most basic features.

Smasandian
Yeah, Madden is brutal compared to the current gen game.

I tried to the demo...I dont know, I couldnt get ahold of the controls. I was skating all over the place.

I do wish though that the demo had a real game instead of an shootout.

AstroFan
And this is the second next gen version for the EA, so it is really unacceptable.

I dont know about NHL, but only NBA Live seems to be doing things right.

BackFire
NHL 07 seems to have what would be expected of hockey games, it might be missing some stuff, don't really know.

All I know is the new on ice controls are excellent, they make scoring an actual challenge, not just finding the way to beat the goalie and then repeating it, actually takes skill and strategy, for a change.

MadMel
depends on which hockey games your talking about..i found an old one from the N64 a faily big challenge..

AstroFan
Not to be outdone, the NHL 2K7 demo is on XBL now. stick out tongue

BackFire
Yep, played that one as well. It seems solid, but nothing new about it, same as every other hockey game that's come out over the last decade, just with better graphics (slightly).

So far I'm much more impressed with 07, if for no other reason than simply because they're actually doing something different.

AstroFan
I like the ingame music in 2k7, dont know if it is new or not, but it was kinda cool.

BackFire
It's neat, but it's strange and a little distracting. Don't really see the point of it.

Swe_Bum
i don see the fun in Hokey and soccer games.swe_bum

Smasandian
Because you dont like the sport?

Swe_Bum
Yeah thats true.. but how can you like the Sports to?!?! so boring...

AstroFan
Im not a fan of either sport, but the games are fun, especially hockey.

PVS
im not into hockey, but love playing console hockey, ever since the nes.

AstroFan
8.7 from IGN, not bad.

WrathfulDwarf
Is there a franchise mode?

AstroFan
Yep.

WrathfulDwarf
Perfect! Might have to check it out.

BackFire
Comes out tomorrow, can't wait.

Damn canadians have it today.

BackFire
Got the game today, it's very very good, I'm loving the new gameplay mechanics, and the graphics are beautiful. Seems to be the first true next gen looking sports game, IMO. Give it a try if you like hockey games at all, though I'd suggest trying out the demo that's available on Xbox Live before buying it or anything, make sure you enjoy the controls.

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
Comes out tomorrow, can't wait.

Damn canadians have it today.

Oh come on dude...

It's the only game we get before anybody else does, and heck, we are the majority of people who buy and watch hockey...so screw you hahahaha.

BackFire
I know, I was joking. It's like us getting Madden a day before you, should be expected, really.

Smasandian
Hahaha.

Yeah, played it at Future Shop. Really enjoyed it. I do like the controls too.
I was playing against this guy, and he was like and he didnt know how to shoot. I told him, and when he took his first shot, he was like, "thats pretty sweet".

When you think about it though, every EA Sports game nowadays has some sort of control with the right analog.

BackFire
Yeah, it's a good concept, one that all sports games should adapt. But it is very jarring at first. Especially if you have the camera rotate each period.

MadMel
i can imagine a cricket game on the wii stick out tongue..
anways, i looked this game up, and i liked the detail in it...

Smasandian
Oh cricket...... yeah thatttt would be great.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.