Volfe Karkko vs. ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jen'ari
Can Obi-Wan pull it off? You really have to read 'Darkness' to truly understand how powerful Volfe Karkko really was (Wookiepedia does not do him justice), I think he might even be able to challenge someone like Mace. And though Quinlan Vos was able to defeat him, only with a shitload of luck on his side imo.

Jen'ari
Also, if you haven't read Darkness, make sure you read it. A truly great comic, one of the best. Volfe Karkko = awesome.

Darth Volter
i dunno much about Volfe Karkko how powerful was he?

Jen'ari
Read Darkness, here - swtimeline.ru .

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Volter
i dunno much about Volfe Karkko how powerful was he?
http://www.swtimeline.ru/comics/Republic_32-35_-_Darkness/Republic_32-35_-_Darkness_90.jpg
There you see him fighting five Jdi Council Members at the same time, and although he did eventually lose, the battle is described as being great and apparently Volfe was strong and put up a good fight against them.

http://www.swtimeline.ru/comics/Republic_32-35_-_Darkness/Republic_32-35_-_Darkness_116.jpg

Here wee see him unaffected by Quinlan's lightning and then he demonstrates his Dark Side Mastery by using Force Lightning back on Quinlan. Note that at this time he is not at his full strength, for he has not tasted (if you've read the comic you'd know what I mean) a Jedi for a very long time (several years at least).

So Volfe in his prime vs. ROTS Kenobi would be very, very close, I would probably say that Kenobi is better with a blade but Volfe is betetr with the Force (during the beginning of his battle with Quinlan he disappears and appears somewhere else). I guess I'll go with kenobi, but I dunno, what is the location of the fight?

Jen'ari
Same place where Quinlan and Volfe fought on Kiffex.

Jen'ari
BTW, is that five jedi? I can only make out 4. However there may have been more. Volfe Karkko also had access to a sith holocron and presumably learnt many sith secrets from it. As an Anzati, he would naturally have strong telepathic powers as well. Also I'm not sure if his 'dissapearing' is a force power (sith secret perhaps) or a natural ability of the Anzati.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Jen'ari
BTW, is that five jedi? I can only make out 4. However there may have been more. Volfe Karkko also had access to a sith holocron and presumably learnt many sith secrets from it. As an Anzati, he would naturally have strong telepathic powers as well. Also I'm not sure if his 'dissapearing' is a force power (sith secret perhaps) or a natural ability of the Anzati.
At first I only saw 4, too, but I think it's 5. If you look at the picture, there are 4 Jedi (is the one that we can see who is closest to us dying? It looks like (s)he just got cut by Volfe's saber) there's a fifth lightsaber, right in front of the page (it almost looks like we are seeing the battle from this Jedi's P.O.V.). I think that's the lightsaber of a fifth Jedi, unless it's a beam that Volfe shot out of his hand(s) with the Force, but I'm pretty sure it's a saber. Why would Volfe be telepathically strong because he's an Anzati?

Jen'ari
Oh yeah, nice observation. Well I know Wookiepedia's hardly a source, but it stated that Anzati naturally have strong telepathic powers. Another thing I don't get is it seems he's summoning force lightning, yet his fist is clenched. I always though that force lightning always came out directly from the fingertips. Is it possible that there was a thunderstorm?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.