Darth Vader VS Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Volter
let's suppose anakin didn't fall to the magma in episode III and he isn't a human-cyborg...

they're in lets say... a landing platform in coruscant.... who would win? any opinions?

Jen'ari
Vader.
Wrong section.

Darth Volter
i know sorry

Darth Kreiger
This was done in the Comics I believe, except it was suited Vader, against a cloned Darth Maul, Maul lost

Darth Volter
ok im sorry if i do many mistakes its jut um im a new member so sorry

KronikSausage
I would have to say vader...

Advent
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
This was done in the Comics I believe, except it was suited Vader, against a cloned Darth Maul, Maul lost

Yes, it happened in an Infinities comic therefore non-canon. And, in any case, it's not a clone for definite, Leland Chee has said in his blog:

"It's not quite the real Darth Maul. Hence the "or something." Who knows, it could have been a vision like Luke confronting Vader on Dagobah or just some sort of Sith illusion. Or a clone. Nothing's been determined as to what we are actually seeing, just that Vader and Maul have a pretty cool battle."

So, who's to say it was even as good as the real Maul? Doesn't really matter, because Vader wins.

Coleman Trebor
Volter, we stil llvoe you. Well, except for Advent. She hates you. Wit ha passion, actually.

Kram3r
As if you need a comic to tell you Vader would win.

Darth Volter
lol why does she hate me?

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by Darth Volter
lol why does she hate me?

She hates everybody

Darth Volter
then its fine

Jen'ari
Except for me. Her and Escape love me.

Darth Volter
must be cool

Council#13
She also doesn't hate me. But she doesn't like me. That's because we've never seen each other before.

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by Council#13
She also doesn't hate me. But she doesn't like me. That's because we've never seen each other before.

She may not have ever seen you, but she still hates you, the day you make a thread, or even post on one, she hates you

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Advent
Yes, it happened in an Infinities comic therefore non-canon.

Are any Infinities canon? I've heard a few of them are.

Council#13
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
She may not have ever seen you, but she still hates you, the day you make a thread, or even post on one, she hates you

Oh. no expression That's not nice erm

Jen'ari
True, but Asajj also progresses much through the war and gains much experience (fights loads of jedi for instance), although I would agree that by Obsession, Obi-Wan is the clear superior. I'd also like to point out that she holds Obi in the air without her hands to guide her, pretty good mastery of the force imo. Though, as you mentioned Obi-Wan was very fatigued and injured in the battle which undermines the feat by quite lot. Also, I don't see why Asajj wouldn't improve with the force.

Possibly, you have a point but I was kinda treating this thread about who has the ability to win. Assaj imo has the ability, just possibly wouldn't in practise.

I completely agree, Soresu is just too passive a form and gives the opponent time to execute something such as a force attack.

1. ROTS Grievous is not as deadly as CW Grievous.
2. These jedi weren't exactly the strongest of jedi, and they were tired as thay had just been fighting a war.
3. Asajj replicates a similar feat in Jedi: Mace Windu. IIRC, she doesn't fight as many as Grievous does but she still shows that she is easily capable of fighting strong numbers of jedi.

Though you do have a point, Asajj has never been shown to take on that many jedi as easily as Grievous did, though just because she never does it it doesn't mean she doesn't have the ability.

I'd say that his speed was a major part of his overall skill (along with strength and unpredictability.

I completely agree.
Asajj has displayed good enough force mastery to lift Obi-Wan up with the force without the need of her hands to guide her. This would mean that she would probably be able to pull something off in a heartbeat, as she doesn't need to waste precious seconds raising her hands etc.

SnakeEyes
Yes, it happened in an Infinities comic therefore non-canon.

I believe it happened in a "Tales" comic, not "Infinities." The issue number was 9. I have it.

Anyway. Vader wins.

Advent
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Are any Infinities canon? I've heard a few of them are.

Some Tales comics have canon elements, but the stories aren't canon. The only ones I know of that are fully canonical are the Star Wars Tales issues 21-24, the rest are non-canon.

@ SnakeEyes:

Yeah, you're right - it did happen in Tales # 9. My mistake. Still non-canon, and still an Infinity though (the actual term, not comic).

Nupe Kill Droma
Vader wins... "All too easy."

exanda kane
It may not be canon, but its the only duel between the two we see, and all else is secondary, however, it's still suspect.

Advent
Slick editing on that one, lol. <i></i> stick out tongue

Jen'ari
I'm actually pretty sure this is canon.

exanda kane
Slick editing on that one, lol. <i></i> stick out tongue
Trust KMC to be the odd one out with the html sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.