Who's "Life Biograpghy" would be a more interesting read Yoda or Palpatin/Sidious?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Meaning their own true stories from the time they were born up until about the events of ep 1: the phantom menace.

I know Yoda's Bio made be the intimidating pick because of the 900 year span and with too much to cover but then again you'll know more about Yoda's master and the universe The Force and history and probably more battles than with Palpatines read.

Or Palpatine's Bio may be boring because galactic politics may be boring to some but knowing exactly how he became an agent of the Dark side of the Force and when and reading about his master and how he acquired and trained Darth Maul would be cool to read about, i think.

But I dunno. Which Bio would you pick up first, out of the two?

Jen'ari
Yoda for sure, he was probs real badass in his prime.

((The_Anomaly))
This is a very good question. I like Sidious, he's my favorite SW character by far, and I would love to know some of his life as an apprentice etc. But I really think that Yoda's tale would be the best, and longest. Just imagine all the things he has done and seen in the basically 800 years before what we know Yoda was doing. They could wright like a mini-book series of like 10 books on just Yoda's life. Where they could prolly only do one book on Palpatine's.

Plus, I want to know what species Yoda is (why wont Lucas tell us?) and What planet he is from. I mean they have to come from somewhere, as we've seen others of Yoda's species other then Yoda. I think its about time we find out. I also think its intresting that all the other "Yoda's" we've seen are force sensitive, making me believe that perhaps his whole race are at least partially force sensitive. Much like the Korun of Haruun Kal, Mace Windu's people.

Lightsnake
I think Palpatine would be more interesting psychologically.

And I'd rather get a readable one rather than 800 years worth of ass kickery

Belegūr
I'd say Palpatine's, but only because, (as Lightsnake so delicately put it), Yoda's biography would probably be too long - that is, dull for long periods of time, with cool parts spread out....

Watching Palpatine being taught the ways of the Sith, etc., would be far more interesting, and time would be able to be compressed far more realistically....

exanda kane
I've passed on either. Palpatines an unsympathetic madman and Yoda's a little green man who go's whack on a swamp world. I'll go for Han Solo's.

Belegūr
Lucas has changed that too much....it'd be too conjectural....

Escape81
I'll go with Emperor Palpatine's as well, though for the single reason that Yoda, while sheer ownage, has lived too long of a life. We all know that most of those nine hundred years were relatively peaceful, mundane, and completely boring - with the Clone Wars and the rise of the Empire being the topmost in terms of conflict and importance.

With Palpatine, we'd get to see the truth behind his manipulations and training. Though, personally, I would want avid highlights of Yoda's experiences as well.

Rampant ox
Probably Yoda's. That way we can read about Count Dooku when he was younger, and what importance he had in the jedi order.

Escape81
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Probably Yoda's. That way we can read about Count Dooku when he was younger, and what importance he had in the jedi order.

You know, lol, you could also read about Count Dooku in Palpatine's, especially my favorite - how Palpatine corrupted and manipulated him into becoming a pawn and servant.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Escape81
You know, lol, you could also read about Count Dooku in Palpatine's, especially my favorite - how Palpatine corrupted and manipulated him into becoming a pawn and servant.

True, I didnt think of that. But alot of the Dooku - Sidious relationship we see in the movies. We dont ever see Dooku and Yoda on civil terms even though we know they used to be friends. I would love to see the background between the two.

Jen'ari
True, I didnt think of that. But alot of the Dooku - Sidious relationship we see in the movies. We dont ever see Dooku and Yoda on civil terms even though we know they used to be friends. I would love to see the background between the two.

Hey dude you got to read Legacy of the Jedi. pretty much half the book focuses on Dooku when he was a jedi.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Jen'ari
Hey dude you got to read Legacy of the Jedi. pretty much half the book focuses on Dooku when he was a jedi.

droolio

Jen'ari
Erm, not the response I was expecting but ok. laughing
I can send it through Rapidshare if you want - here it is nyway (http://rapidshare.de/files/32448227/Star_Wars_-__Legacy_of_the_Jedi_01__-_Legacy_of_the_Jedi__by_Jude_Watson_.lit.html).

Sith Lord Windu
yodas, but it would be hard to understand if it was an autobiography. in his prime he would be a proper bad ass.

palp's would be awsome too. GL (and not one of thoose crap, out to make money, EU writers) should write both at some point and have point in each of the bio's that interact and connect to each other.

Smoker Stevens
droolio

In Dark Rendezvous are some flashbacks from the time when Dooku was still at the academy.

And I would read Yoda's..
I don't want to read about Palpatines tragic youth, being raped by his own grandfather so he killed him and he joined teams with Plagieus the Weak..

Advent
droolio

That's pretty disgusting. Did Dooku leave that on your face?

Sith Lord Windu
Originally posted by Advent

crazycursingpokeysurpriseyucky

Smoker Stevens
Originally posted by Advent

whahaha owned..

Blue_Hefner
Yoda, but that would be about 5000 pages long. We'd probably never finish it.

Captain REX
I would want to know Yoda's biography, as long as his species and homeworld were left out of it...

Sith Lord Windu
it'd be a bit hard considering it his biography

Captain REX
You don't have to start it with his birth.

If anything, I'd have him be found in some accident, like 'lone survivor of a space pirate raid' or whatever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.