All Star Superman #5 : CLASSIC!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
THIS is Superman. One of the best Superman comics I've ever read.

Lex Luthor was phenomonal in this comics.

If anyone wonders WHY people don't suspect Clark Kent to be Superman even though he just wears glasses, you should read this comic.

Clark Kent is a completely different person from Superman.

Which is why I hate the way writers are portraying Clark Kent as Superman with glasses and a suit rather than Clark Kent, a person who "writes like a poet, and moves like a landslide."

Grant Morrison was made to write Superman...

Grimm22
Yeah I didnt really like All Star Supes #1, but the series has REALLY been shaping up since the whole Lois thing ended

Validus
Can someone tell me why Lex was wearing booty shorts in prison?

UniOmni
Cause the All Star universe Lex finally admitted to being as gay as the Smallville version is??

King_Mungi
I love this series, I loved the scene where he had to redraw his eyebrow on.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Validus
Can someone tell me why Lex was wearing booty shorts in prison?

scans....droolio laughing

littleredhat
Cause he was working out and his legs were sweaty. blink

S.G

DarkCrawler
This series rocks. big grin

SnakeEyes
I was a little skeptical about this series after the first couple issues, but it's looking like it's getting better. Especially compared to All-Star Batman and Robin... which is sort of a piece of shit (besides Lee's art, which is always great).

I liked #5. It was a great issue.

jumpmann
Pretty much the best single issue of Superman in the last few decades probably.

Validus
Originally posted by jumpmann
Pretty much the best single issue of Superman in the last few decades probably.
Nah, that was ASS #3.

Avalonofthewind
Agreed. Grant was meant to write Superman.
This issue was hilarious and very well done like the rest of the series.
Not one big battle yet..and oddly I could care less.

Scoobless
Meh... I've always disliked "bumbling Clark" ... I didn't think this issue was anything special at all

long pig
I don't see the difference between this Clark and the other Clarks.

Because he slouches and wears baggy clothes to cover his muscles? The hell?

Rols
One of the funniest comics ive read.. Lol, the interaction between Luthor and Clark.. Just so funny.. 200 pounds, Clark feel my muscle.. lol.

Doc Potato
Anyone got scannage? Hell, I'll even try to say the accursed word... p..pl..pl...ple...I can't do it...ple...plea...pleh...pl...PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAA... PLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEE!

Lucid Lui
The art is what really did it for me in this issue. The writing was great, but i don't think anyone draws bumbling Clark like Quitely does.

Anyone know how many issue these two are supposed to go for?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Doc Potato
Anyone got scannage? Hell, I'll even try to say the accursed word... p..pl..pl...ple...I can't do it...ple...plea...pleh...pl...PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAA... PLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEE!

I've got scans .......... Why do you ask?

shifty

evil face

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
The art is what really did it for me in this issue. The writing was great, but i don't think anyone draws bumbling Clark like Quitely does.

I thought they were supposed to do 12 issues, but I could be mistaken.

Black Adam
issue 5 was the first time reading All star supes..

I really enjoyed it.smile

I was sort of avoiding it and not really sure If I should try it out since

1. I'm not as big of a Grant morrison Fan as everyone else seems to be.
2. Frank Quitely's art usually make me drop a comic(but surprisingly isn't so bad here)
3 I'm still new to comic Superman.

but it turned out a lot better then I expected it was going to be. I'll be sticking around for the next issue smile

also that was one of the best looking parasites I've ever seen.......

Validus
Originally posted by Lucid Lui

Morrison/Quitely are doing 12 issues of Superman.

Miller/Lee are doing 15 issues of Batman between now and eternity.

SnakeEyes
One thing I like about the art in this book is that it is digitally inked/colored. I think it really goes well with Quitely's art.

R.O.T. Yahman
I love the bit when Parasite Escapes. The art reminded me of the anime film Spirited Away, in which there is this Ghost/Demon thing that can't stop eating the food inside the bath house. The more he eats the hungrier he gets, eventually leading him to start eating the Bath house employees. I think Morisson has done a geat job of emulating the darkness of the scene. His depiction of Luthor was also great, although i think he could have done a better job of illustrating his gennius.

'Meh... I've always disliked "bumbling Clark" ... I didn't think this issue was anything special at all'

'Meh... I've always disliked "bumbling Clark" ... I didn't think this issue was anything special at all'

I don't see the difference between this Clark and the other Clarks.

Because he slouches and wears baggy clothes to cover his muscles? The hell?

Quite typical, and negative responses from two of the most frequent posters on the former 'I Hate Superman' thread. big grin wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.