Classic Ion vs Fp Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut66666
Who wins?

Avalonofthewind
Ion.

This would go just like full power doom (with Galactus power) vs the Beyonder.

Wave after wave of limitless energy until Galan falls.

juggernaut66666
bump

H. S. 6
Isn't Full Power Galactus on par with Death or Eternity or something like that?

juggernaut66666
Yeah he is on par with eternity

juggernaut66666
Imo Ion

juggernaut66666
bump

rotiart
If its Eternity level I'll just consider the fight

Ion vs. Eternity thanks wink And in that case... Eternity wins.

Ion has the power of the center of the universe... Eternity is the universe.

In all other cases... Ion wins.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by rotiart
If its Eternity level I'll just consider the fight

Ion vs. Eternity thanks wink And in that case... Eternity wins.

Ion has the power of the center of the universe... Eternity is the universe.

In all other cases... Ion wins.

Actually, Ion WAS the power of the battery instead of the other way around.
He could exist outside of reality easily.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Actually, Ion WAS the power of the battery instead of the other way around.
He could exist outside of reality easily.
Yep it is true like when he fought Nero(and that was even before he became Ion)

I watch Pokemon
Ion 10/10

UniOmni
Couldn't Galactus, a fundamental energy absorber, simply eat Ion??

juggernaut66666
his energy is limitless and infinite(he was one with the universe)

invisiblewoman
ion achieved virtual godhood in this state, and though galactus is very powerful he wouldnt be able to exert himself as long as ion could.....ion wins 8/10

Thanos_THOTU
Both Fp Galactus and Ion are a unity with the Universe.
So if they were one with the same universe (the one they would fight in) than both would die, because if either of them die than the Universe will colapse.

juggernaut66666
Galactus has been killed and beaten numerous times and nothing happened wink

hulkrulz
Galactus 7/10

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by hulkrulz
Galactus 7/10
Nope

Thanos_THOTU
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Galactus has been killed and beaten numerous times and nothing happened wink
There is a differance between beaten and killed, and he was just at full power once.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
his energy is limitless and infinite(he was one with the universe)

true..but galactus' hunger is never sated..his full powered state is never permanent..

Priest
Full powered, hes equal to eternity.
He would win. Anything less ION wins

juggernaut66666
Ion was one with the universe even spectre admitted that he could rewrite it without anyeffort he was more powerfull that parallax and oblivion parallax was able to give a fight for spectre i would like to see galactus do that

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by UniOmni

Agreed .... Ion didn't have a lot of experience using his power. Galactus would seem him as a Hyperstorm esque character. I.e. he would be a Big mac to a fat man.

Avalonofthewind

That's just ridiculous. So when the Beyonder was blasting Doom/Galactus...why didn't he just put on a bib and chomp up?

Galactus wouldn't beat Ion anymore than he would beat Spectre, Thanos with IG, Parallax, Mxlplk, or any other being that could exist completely independantly from the universe. Especially those with Unlimited energy with absolute control over it.

superbatman86
That's just ridiculous. So when the Beyonder was blasting Doom/Galactus...why didn't he just put on a bib and chomp up?

Galactus wouldn't beat Ion anymore than he would beat Spectre, Thanos with IG, Parallax, Mxlplk, or any other being that could exist completely independantly from the universe. Especially those with Unlimited energy with absolute control over it. The fundamental flaw in your argument is that it was Doom not Galactus against the Beyonder.Doom barely had control over the power.

Soleran

Galactus wouldn't beat Ion anymore than he would beat Spectre, Thanos with IG, Parallax, Mxlplk, or any other being that could exist completely independantly from the universe. Especially those with Unlimited energy with absolute control over it.

Phrases like that get bounced around like a ball in jacks in regards to comics.

It would seem that Galactus should be able to use his technology to just make Ion a big battery exactly like Hyperstorm.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Agreed .... Ion didn't have a lot of experience using his power. Galactus would seem him as a Hyperstorm esque character. I.e. he would be a Big mac to a fat man.
What the hell are you talking about ???? Ion had no expirience of his power???

UniOmni
To avy in defense

The guys you just named weren't entirely composed of pure energy like Ion was though.
I'm not saying Galactus is more powerful than Ion.

Just looking at the way his power/existence works.

Ion was the Oan Central Power Battery given sentience through Kyle Rayner.
The Central Power Battery is oan energy consolidated.

Galactus eats energy.
Like he did with Hyperstorm, he could try to use him as a power source on his ship.

Or like he did with Mephisto in his dimension, simply begin to eat his energy itself.

Not saying thats how it would always go down, but isn't it a possibility, considering the nature of boths existence??

juggernaut66666
To avy in defense

The guys you just named weren't entirely composed of pure energy like Ion was though.

Galactus eats energy.
Like he did with Hyperstorm, he could try to use him as a power source on his ship.

Or like he did with Mephisto in his dimension, simply begin to eat his energy itself.

Not saying thats how it would always go down, but isn't it a possibility, considering the nature of boths existence??
like the comic stated he was more powerfull than parallax and oblivion since he said "Im a green lantern no more im not oblivion im not parallax im more because im a part of it all" Parallax would murder galactus in seconds since he just erases him from existence Ion could do that also like spectre admitted that ion could rewrite the universe if he wanted to

Avalonofthewind
To avy in defense

Galactus eats energy.

If this was the case, as Galactus is an energy being himself, why wouldn't Ion simply consume him?

The answer is simple. Ion is unlimited energy, and to the one who said the Doom was inexperienced with Galans energy...he did better that Galan himself did.

So once again, wave and wave of energy becoming stronger and stronger with each passing until Galactus falls.... or Ion could simply erase him from existence.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Soleran
Phrases like that get bounced around like a ball in jacks in regards to comics.

It would seem that Galactus should be able to use his technology to just make Ion a big battery exactly like Hyperstorm.

That would be nice if Ion couldn't simply will it out of existence. He's everywhere at once, remember?

Inhuman
lol @ comparing ion to beyonder rolling on floor laughing

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Inhuman
lol @ comparing ion to beyonder rolling on floor laughing
he is not on beyonder level but he beats fp galactus 10/10

CantSpellMyName
Didn't Ion lose to Superboy Prime? I know SBP isn't someone to sneeze at, but no version of Superman, no matter how sun-dipped or badly written, will ever be more than a nuisance to the Devourer of Worlds at full power, so I don't see how Ion could stand a chance if he got beaten by SBP. If Ion couldn't take SBP, he won't take Galactus, and I think this can be regarded as fact. And even if Ion was somehow weakened in that fight (was he? I'm not that into DC) I still don't see how he could ever take on Big G. Galactus plays an essential part to the very existence of the Universe and from what I've heard is on par with Eternity (who basically encompasses the Marvel Multiverse and can't be defeated by anything less than the Infinity Gauntlet, which could erase a billion of SBP's from existence with ease), which would push the odds in Galactus favour even further. To be honest I don't see how any biological being from any fictional universe whatsoever (and yes, that includes Goku, duh) can take Galactus at full power. Defend themselves from his attacks perhaps, but take him? No way. It's like trying to take on time/space itself.

TheLordofMurder
If Galactus isnt jobbing, then he crushes Ion...

The above poster is right; if Ion lost to SBP, then he has no chance in hell of beating a FP Galactus...

And if by some miracle Ion is able to actually threaten Galactus, the Big-G can instantly end the fight with the Ultimate Nullifier...

All in all, Galactus every single time...

Omega Vision
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

The above poster is right; if Ion lost to SBP, then he has no chance in hell of beating a FP Galactus...

And if by some miracle Ion is able to actually threaten Galactus, the Big-G can instantly end the fight with the Ultimate Nullifier...

Sodam Yat Ion is a pitiful shade of FP Kyle Rayner Ion

Classic Ion would destroy Yat and SBP with a thought.

TheLordofMurder
What would Classic Ion do against the Nullifier then?

Other than go off to hang out with Oblivion that is... wink

Omega Vision
What would Classic Ion do against the Nullifier then?

He'd Nullify it.

Lunacyde

Read comics before you make ignorant posts. Same with the guy above you whom you quoted. That was Sodam Yat with the ION power AFTER it was retconned into being nothing but a infinitesimal fraction of power Classic ION wielded. Classic ION was nigh omnipotent/omniscient. He could be everywhere at once. He had near complete control of time and matter.

TheLordofMurder
If Classic Ion had "near complete" control over time and matter, then I dare say he is vulnerable to the UN; Galactus annihilates him as a result...

Assumming no PIS/CIS of course...

Happy Dance

Prep-Man
Ion.

Q99
Originally posted by CantSpellMyName
Didn't Ion lose to Superboy Prime? I know SBP isn't someone to sneeze at, but no version of Superman, no matter how sun-dipped or badly written, will ever be more than a nuisance to the Devourer of Worlds at full power, so I don't see how Ion could stand a chance if he got beaten by SBP. If Ion couldn't take SBP, he won't take Galactus, and I think this can be regarded as fact. And even if Ion was somehow weakened in that fight (was he? I'm not that into DC) I still don't see how he could ever take on Big G. Galactus plays an essential part to the very existence of the Universe and from what I've heard is on par with Eternity (who basically encompasses the Marvel Multiverse and can't be defeated by anything less than the Infinity Gauntlet, which could erase a billion of SBP's from existence with ease), which would push the odds in Galactus favour even further. To be honest I don't see how any biological being from any fictional universe whatsoever (and yes, that includes Goku, duh) can take Galactus at full power. Defend themselves from his attacks perhaps, but take him? No way. It's like trying to take on time/space itself.

There is Ion the Whale, which has been in Kyle twice and Sodam Yat once.

And then there is Classic Ion, Kyle Rayner, with the Whale and the Full Power of the Central Battery and Guardians of the Universe within him, including all the power HalParallax used during Zero Hour.

Classic Ion is Abstract, Ion2 Kyle or Sodam Yat Ion is 'just' a super GL. Sodam Yat Ion is what lost to SPB.

iceman24567
Ion

Warlord
ion unless Galan gets to use the nulifier

iceman24567
^In a standard forum fight he wouldn't though

Warlord
yep most people don't consider it standard for G.
others do though

Lunacyde
Out of all the appearances with Galan the amount where he uses it or has it is a tiny fraction. It shouldn't be considered usual gear.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Lunacyde
Out of all the appearances with Galan the amount where he uses it or has it is a tiny fraction. It shouldn't be considered usual gear. I have said this a dozen times it's always (horribly) countered by the scan where he claims the UN is a part of him which is irrelevant

CantSpellMyName
I don't really think it matters how powerful Ion is, Galactus is a force of nature that has existed since before the Universe was even created and has an apparently limitless ability to absorb and manipulate energy regardless of its nature and billions of years of experience, so even if Ion actually does have the power to defeat Galactus, Galactus should be able to use his cosmic awareness to find out how powerful Ion is and swiftly defeat him before he gets the chance to attack.

The seemingly only type of energy that is superior to Galactus is directly divine energy that originates from the Creation itself, and I just don't see why the God of DC would grant such omnipotent power to a potential villain like Ion. As far as I can recall, the only time fully powered Galactus has been defeated was when Thanos went berserk with the Infinity Gauntlet. The IG if I remember correctly was endowed with power from God himself, therefore its energy wasn't conventional even to an elite cosmic like Galactus and thus he couldn't manipulate it.

Marvel's knowledge of their own characters and their powers isn't always flawless however, as Spiderman once knocked out the Hulk and the Black Panther once restrained the Silver Surfer, but in my book, Galactus control over energy is limitless, so at best this should be a stalemate. I could be wrong so don't hate, but I just think that the thought of a once normal humanoid getting the best of a force of nature who is as fundamental as time/space itself and has a limitless ability to manipulate energy, regardless of the tools he has at his disposal, is absolutely absurd.

iceman24567
I don't really think it matters how powerful Ion is, Galactus is a force of nature that has existed since before the Universe was even created and has an apparently limitless ability to absorb and manipulate energy regardless of its nature and billions of years of experience, so even if Ion actually does have the power to defeat Galactus, Galactus should be able to use his cosmic awareness to find out how powerful Ion is and swiftly defeat him before he gets the chance to attack.

The seemingly only type of energy that is superior to Galactus is directly divine energy that originates from the Creation itself, and I just don't see why the God of DC would grant such omnipotent power to a potential villain like Ion. As far as I can recall, the only time fully powered Galactus has been defeated was when Thanos went berserk with the Infinity Gauntlet. The IG if I remember correctly was endowed with power from God himself, therefore its energy wasn't conventional even to an elite cosmic like Galactus and thus he couldn't manipulate it.

Marvel's knowledge of their own characters and their powers isn't always flawless however, as Spiderman once knocked out the Hulk and the Black Panther once restrained the Silver Surfer, but in my book, Galactus control over energy is limitless, so at best this should be a stalemate. I could be wrong so don't hate, but I just think that the thought of a once normal humanoid getting the best of a force of nature who is as fundamental as time/space itself and has a limitless ability to manipulate energy, regardless of the tools he has at his disposal, is absolutely absurd. I'm guessing you don't know what Ion is you are dismissed

Nihilist
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Ion.

Lunacyde

Marvel's knowledge of their own characters and their powers isn't always flawless however, as Spiderman once knocked out the Hulk and the Black Panther once restrained the Silver Surfer, but in my book, Galactus control over energy is limitless, so at best this should be a stalemate. I could be wrong so don't hate, but I just think that the thought of a once normal humanoid getting the best of a force of nature who is as fundamental as time/space itself and has a limitless ability to manipulate energy, regardless of the tools he has at his disposal, is absolutely absurd. ION can manipulate reality itself. He is powerful enough to destroy and recreate the Universe if he so wishes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.