POTC2 makes it to 1 Billion at box office

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
This weekend POTC2 is the 3rd film to make 1billion at the box office behind LOTR ROTK and Titanic .

Congratultaions eek! to all fans Happy Dance

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=piratesofthecaribbean2.htm

Jacky Sparrow
no, thanks disney for giving us all those jack/liz moments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katelovespirate
im going to see it for my 8th time this weekend. but i dont actually pay for my tickets... big grin

Jacky Sparrow
me too, i've seen it i think more then 20 times!! just 3 in cinema where i had to pay it on my own

mmoviejunkie
how did you guys not pay for the tickets?

Jacky Sparrow
well let's just say you'll get invited or you have a friend who works there in the cinema or you do not watch it in the cinema

katelovespirate
a lot of my friends work at the movie theatre. they get free tickets and they give them to me sometimes cause they are too busy to use them. lol.

taurusbaby0509
or the theater security is just awful. i saw the first one about 17 times and only paid for like 6 or 7 of those times. we got a new theater since then though and i've only seen the second 7 times i think it is. i need to see it again... and again... and again... <3mmmm

coolmovies
you get free popcorn if u work there. its so expensive if you buy it 3 pounds

Jacky Sparrow
cool I'm so happy i could see it everytime at home. thanks to some friends!!! cool

mmoviejunkie
bootleg naughty naughty lol jk

well i don't have any friends who work at the movie theater and the security is pretty good
i've only seen it 2 times... *sigh*

coolmovies
How long will potc2 stay in thte cinema

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by Jacky Sparrow
no, thanks disney for giving us all those jack/liz moments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True so true...I know that's why i went back to see it four more times, so I've seen it a total of five times...but I watch our favorite clips on youtube everyday...can't wait for the DVD - I am rushing out to buy the day it is released..first thing after midnight at WalMart....LOL

I'm so proud of DMC...Disney has got to know it's because of Jack and Liz...i mean come on, there cannot be anything about DMC that Will and Liz fans liked...so it has to be Jack/Liz shippers pushing this movie over the top....Wish I could go see it again...but no time to slip away....

lovethemtigers
cool I'm so happy i could see it everytime at home. thanks to some friends!!! cool

This is naughty...shame, shame...LOL

Jacky Sparrow
why that??? I'm going to buy me the original dvd it just to fill the time...and it's worse quality! smile

lovethemtigers
why that??? I'm going to buy me the original dvd it just to fill the time...and it's worse quality! smile

I know....I was just kidding...I'm a little jealous...can't wait for the DVD - can't wait to see what the deleted scenes will be and the bloopers and the trailor for POTC 3...come on December...

Jacky Sparrow
yeah, me too!! i'm really counting the days and it's still soooooo long!

LovelyOne
LOL and we all know WHY so many people loved this one a WHOLE lot more dont we girls? big grin

I cant wait for the commentary..I want to hear what they have to say about all the Jack/Liz stuff..and what it REALLY means..

Jacky Sparrow
of course!!!! no doubt about that!!!!!!!!! i don't understand people who don't like it ?!?!

coolmovies
you only have to wait to months

ivebeendepped43
go pirates!!!!dancedance

evilm0nki3
Yay!!!! I'm so happy for it! I have to go tell everyone in my house.. lol

Bwa Ha Ha
yay

ivebeendepped43
i already did!

Bwa Ha Ha
oh, then i better should too...

ivebeendepped43
good! leave us alone and stop typing ...

Bwa Ha Ha
hysterical

coolmovies
POTC2 made it to 1B YAAAA big grin

katelovespirate
i have a question...

is all the banter between Bwa ha ha and I'vebeenDeppified for real, or are you guys just being goofy?

ivebeendepped43
well, i am annoyed to the max with his:... routine on everything! and him saying what? at everything, but otherwise, no, just being goofy

CaptinJackLover
yeah that really annoys me too! he seriously needs to stop that

ivebeendepped43
so...on topic, anyone?

Jacky Sparrow
It's Official: Pirates Joins Billion Dollar Club
Source: The Walt Disney Studios September 9, 2006

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, the swashbuckling summer blockbuster from Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films, added a new milestone on Friday, September 8, 2006 when it officially crossed the $1 billion mark ($1,002.6 billion) at the global box office, and became only the third film in history (behind Titanic and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King) to achieve this extraordinary feat, it was announced today, Saturday, September 09, 2006, by Dick Cook, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios.

The film, which continues to break records around the world*, has topped the international box office for nine consecutive weeks. Thus far, "Pirates" has grossed an astonishing $415.1 million at the domestic box office, making it the #1 film of the year. Internationally, its cumulative tally now stands at $587.5 million, also making it the number #1 film of the year. "Pirates" is scheduled to open in Italy on September 13, 2006.

Commenting on the announcement, Cook said, "To say we are excited is an understatement. This is truly an historical time for The Walt Disney Studios and a time to celebrate. 'Pirates' continues to perform on all cylinders and this is a real tribute to the remarkable team of Jerry Bruckheimer, Gore Verbinski, Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley, Orlando Bloom, and writers Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio. The film's phenomenal success all over the world proves once again that audiences will vote to come back again and again when presented with great entertainment."

Cook continued, "I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how proud we are of our other summer successes including 'Cars,' 'Step Up,' and 'Invincible.' It's a summer that you dream about and it came together with amazing talent and diverse stories that everyone could relate to."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16422

sailorleo
i was camping when i heard the news on the radio about DMC! then i was like "wahooo!!!!!!!! Drinks on me....gibs get the rum....oh...wait..."

ivebeendepped43
lol nice

mmoviejunkie
wait so it hasn't even opened in Italy yet?

LovelyOne
they must realize the Liz/Jack aspect is what helped push its sales along?..its the only aspect thats really new in the movie...so it must have been the thing that was drawing everyone back to see it again..and hearing about how these 2 got together must have been what made all the people (who never watched it before) go and watch it..cuz thats a LOT more than those who watched movie 1

360 million vs a billion??

Chiki Mina
yup
i think disney is like DAMN
They mustve noticed that one of the BIG things taht hit the box office was the liz and jack scenes. Noticed on how it didnt hurt the potc franchise. it actually went higher!! this is definitely a good sign and a total wake up call for disney and the writers

mmoviejunkie
Originally posted by LovelyOne
they must realize the Liz/Jack aspect is what helped push its sales along?..its the only aspect thats really new in the movie...so it must have been the thing that was drawing everyone back to see it again..and hearing about how these 2 got together must have been what made all the people (who never watched it before) go and watch it..cuz thats a LOT more than those who watched movie 1

360 million vs a billion??

yeah i didn't see pirates 1 until the weekend before pirates 2 came out then i saw 2 that weekend it came out
and when i saw the first one i was really hoping that the scene on the beach would progress, but when it didn't i was like okay fine no biggie, so seeing the scene progress in the second one made me really happy and i went back and saw it two more times

ivebeendepped43
u waited THAT long 2 c it? CRAZY!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.