Best/Worst 60s Scifi Shows?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultraman Baltan
What would you say were the best and worst scifi shows from the 60s?

BEST
1. Ultraman: I don't care how awkward it looks. "Ultraman" is the single most important science fiction series ever created. "Ultra Q" was even more important than "Ultraman", but I never actually saw it. But yes, "Ultraman" was a bridge between so many things it's not even funny. First off, he was the first superhero made directly for TV. He also was the first to link superheroism with pure science fiction. And to top it all off, this series spawned the fourth largest superhero franchise ever made, and the third biggest Superhero moneymaker. Let's not forget he spawned over 98% of all Tokusatsu and 100% of Kyodi(giant hero). But why is he REALLY my number on? After all, it's FAVORITE, not best. Well, frankly, this series was one of the most entertaining shows to ever come to TV. The plots are well done, the characters are very understandable and likable, the script is fantastically well written, you ALWAYS want Ultraman to win(unlike some other of the Ultrabrothers), and he has one of the most entertaining and fun-to-watch rougue galleries ever(who can resist good ol' Redking?).

2. Twilight Zone: The mind-twisting program that always had an ending twist, "Twilight Show" was very smart and greatly casted.

3. Lost In Space: "Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!" There is no way I could leave out this show out? It's neat villains, silly monsters, and addicting plots made it a must for any science fiction fan.

WORST
1. Star Trek: I just couldn't like this show. I tried watching it over and over again, but it was just so darn irritating. William Shatner is one of the greatest celebrities ever, but the show was just so horribly done. Galactic Nazis? Ten Fingered Monsters? Sorry, just not a good show.

2. Thunderbirds: I was so bored watching this show. It was just a repelling series that had no actual plot.

3. Johnny Sokko And His Giant Robot: May I present to you the third Kyodi show, "Johnny Sokko And His Flying Robot". I saw too little of "Space Giants" to judge that one, but I own the complete series of "Johnny Sokko", and trust me, it's bad. The Emperor Guillotine(the villain) was a cool character, actually. The Gargoyle Gang(his loyal subjects), on the other hand, were bumbling fools. While some of them were cool, most were stupid and incompetent. The Gargoyle Generals, for the most part, looked stupid. The monsters were, for the most part, cruddy looking. While some cool monsters were sprinkled in(Dracolon, Dragon, ect.), most were either weaker, lessening the impressiveness of Giant Robot, or absolutely horrible looking. The acting wasn't bad, but the writing was annoying and obvious. If you're looking for a show to complete a Tokusatsu collection, get it. If you're looking for a show that's just funny to watch, get it. If you're looking for a good quality show, pass.

Mr Parker
cant comment on ultran man or twilight zone since I never saw them.
but as far as BEST
Got to agree with you on LOST IN SPACE.that was my favorite show growing up as a kid.I believed it was all true and it all really happened.I thought for sure that robot was real.yeah who can forget DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER. plus the opening theme song they had for the final season was just awesome.
Disagree with you on star trek.Loved it,it was my second favorite sci fi show.this is where you dont make sense on not liking it though.you say ten fingered monsters? are you forgetting lost in space had them as well?

for worst.yeah for the same reasons you mentioned,got to go with thunderbirds and johnny socko.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Mr Parker
cant comment on ultran man or twilight zone since I never saw them.
but as far as BEST
Got to agree with you on LOST IN SPACE.that was my favorite show growing up as a kid.I believed it was all true and it all really happened.I thought for sure that robot was real.yeah who can forget DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER. plus the opening theme song they had for the final season was just awesome.
Disagree with you on star trek.Loved it,it was my second favorite sci fi show.this is where you dont make sense on not liking it though.you say ten fingered monsters? are you forgetting lost in space had them as well?

for worst.yeah for the same reasons you mentioned,got to go with thunderbirds and johnny socko.

But LIS's plots and characters were so much more addicting. Ultraman's monster's were just plain awesome.

Mr Parker
want to know something really funny? my best friends brother is EXACTLY like DR Smith. laughing no surprise to you after hearing that that all his friends he had in junior high and high school are now his friends instead right? big grin

flixnut
Does anyone know or remember the name of the show in the 60's that featured two astronuts in an apollo type spacecraft crashing in a lagoon in a prehistoric place with dinosaurs and the whole bit? One of the men was always saying, "Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh," acting kinda goofy. The Theme song started off.......Its about time, its about space, its about men in the strangest place.......

Kazenji
Well for best shows from the 60's that would go to yea Lost in space only going by couple of episodes that i've seen and also Dr Who.

Captain REX
Gotta love The Twilight Zone. The boxset is on my list of things to buy.

BruceSkywalker
The Twilight Zone, Lost in Space, Dark Shadows

Neo Darkhalen
Doctor Who, Twilight Zone, Lost in space, Star Trek.

Greatest Sci-Fi Shows of the 60's.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
The Twilight Zone, Lost in Space, Dark Shadows

Yes, best not forget Star Trek

vintageSW77
Doctor Who,Gerry Andersons stuff,Lost In Space and Twilight Zone

Wolfie
Originally posted by Captain REX
Gotta love The Twilight Zone. The boxset is on my list of things to buy.
Expensive as hell as I remember when I bought it for my dad for Father's Day. But you really can't go wrong with that show.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.