unpleasant kiss theory is SHUT DOWN

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

katelovespirate
remember that thread we had about Johnny apparently saying the kiss with Kiera was unpleasant?

Here is a quote from a recent interview with HIm:

Interviewer: This might keep him straight: making out with Keira.

Johnny: "I just kept calling, 'We need one more take.' That is not the hardest thing I had to do in the movie."

here's the link: http://www.movies.go.com/feature?featureid=838949

katelovespirate
one more take. LOL. seriously. i wonder how many takes it actually took them...

sccch
I never thought about how many takes it took them. lol!!

katelovespirate
So, i think everyone needs to watch this:

http://movies.go.com/trailer?cid=747854&vid=841867

So will is Definately going to become a full on pirate in 3.

LovelyOne
LMFAO

LovelyOne
yeh a full blown one..even JACK wasnt a full blown pirate..Will is gonna be a baddie paddie scaddie

katelovespirate
i liked kiera;s comments about how her character got darker and more confusing.

how are all these actors SO DISCREET in all these interviewers?!?!! are they like, trained, to know how to talk and not give any plot hints away?!?!

LovelyOne
I think keira has done it once or twice..she once said her character actually prefers the dread locked and grubby man..

katelovespirate
really?! thats AMAZING.

WOAH, on the official website, Jack is WEARING the heart locket!!*!& whats THAT suppose to mean?!?!!

katelovespirate
they say on the site the heart locket belonged to a spanish heiress.

tia dalma is about as spanish as a name could get. right?!

LovelyOne
NO idea lol...maybe he actually pinched it from Tia?? LMAO...

and yes Tia even dahma is too i think..

LovelyOne
I've just noticed how there has been a huge turn around in opinion of this movie

at first a lot of people and critics didn't like it and now that they realize that there is A LOT MORE DEPTH to it (like us guys spotted MONTHS ago when it first came out) its suddenly being appreciated a lot more..and the depth is the Jack/Liz thing tee hee

katelovespirate
HAHAHAHA totally. and why did everyone have such a hard time with a plot early on? is everyone really that stupid? it was so obvious. i mean, yeah, it was complicated, but thats GOOD. there are lots of characters, and they all have different wants, so yeah its going to be pretty complicated, but thats LIFE. when is life ever simple?!
and it doesnt take a whole lot to catch the plot drift.

will wants liz. beckett wants to control the sea. Jack wants to save his soul. Davy wants to terrorize everyone. Bootstrap wants off the dutchman. The cannibals want dinner. Norrington wants his life/honor back. Liz and Tia are the only complicated ones... Liz wants Will for the first half of the film, then gets pretty hazy. Tia doesnt say what she wants.

LovelyOne
LOL i totally agree with you..

but did she REALLY want will from the very beginning?? I seriously think that she was thinking of Jack even in the cell..cuz the dog/Jack was not there to lead the men away from her..

Jack is always there to take her out of those kind of situations..and I think she was secretly wishing he was there to take her out of it..she was in a position where she couldn't escape..and she was scared..and Jack wasn't there this time..the absence of the dog that they should be whistling at is made to be obvious laughing out loud

then moments later she gets all over defensive when Beckett mentions she's trying to help Jack..then Beckett laughs at the over reaction to his suggestion

I think she wanted Jack there to save her..I don't think she felt will had it in him..

katelovespirate
i just read this in a review and it made me laugh hard:

It would be insufficient to say that Verbinski's actors perform with relish. They throw in ketchup and mustard too, and all of the fixings.

The whole gang is back: refusing to let Depp have all the fun,

Orlando Bloom shows he's still determined to become an engaging action hero, even though Will Turner is more a force of chivalry and virtue rather than a character. (And to balance out the reckless irresponsibility of Sparrow, we really do need a heavy dose of true heroism.)

Keira Knightley returns, radiant as ever, in the role of Elizabeth Swann, Turner's true love, and she shows more vim and vigor than any adventure heroine since Karen Allen in Raiders of the Lost Ark. One of this film's big surprises is just how complicated Elizabeth really is, and just how vulnerable to change. Just when the movie begins to wear out its welcome, heading past two hours, it's Elizabeth who suddenly takes center stage, one foot firmly planted in moral compromise.

LovelyOne
turners true love YEAH RIGHT lol

Jack is actually turning into the HERO..Just wait till we see him emerge again from his "sleep"!!

Will..otherwise they can say goodbye to a memorable trilogy..

If Will is the hero in the end then it would make it a story about HIM..and HE is not what the movie is all about lol..its ALL about Jack..

katelovespirate
i love what the dude said about Will- that he is force of chivalry and virtue rather than a character. LOL. so true. its time for that to change.

LovelyOne
LOL thats so true..and yes it is time to change big grin

what i find interesting on that site is will says to liz "you can still turn back" then Liz says "I have faith in you......and JACK"

katelovespirate
i know.... wierd lines that arent fully in the movie... WIERD~!!! Hooray!!!!!

Dont turn back, Liz! lol

LovelyOne
LOL and theres a part where you pick up a sword when you are Liz in Tortuga a it says "this was used to kill a man..or perhaps he slew his own heart" it looks JUST like Will's old sword!

and when you click on jack in the background and Liz is in the front he says "I know what i want, I know what I want ..i KNOW WHAT I WANT!"

katelovespirate
hahaha and whats up with the Jack voodoo doll? it wasnt in the film AT ALL. but its all over the website, and there are movie posters that contain it.

was it just spose to foreshadow his death, or what?

So are Beckett and Jones teaming up? Is this because Jones really wants to, or just cause Beckett has the heart now?
If it's just cause Beckett has the heart, you can imagine Jones will die doing something heroic, like betraying Beckett to help the pirates so the heart gets stabbed or something.

LovelyOne
LOL no clue why the voodoo doll was there..I think the site is hinting a few things that the movie didnt tell us..I think it means that Tia is in fact "controling Jack's destiny"..she wants to make him her champion..

and the site actually says that the compass points to what "your heart most desires" and then Ted said it didnt point to what your heart desires..huh?

he said it points to what "you want most in this world"

LovelyOne
I think they do team up..and Will teams up with them too..

lovethemtigers
This movie, meaning POTC 3, has got to have more great Jack/Liz moments...please, oh please Disney...don't let us down..dont' tease us in pOTC 2 and then leave us out to dry in POTC 3....I don't ever want to see Liz and Will kiss ever again..it's yucky...it's jack or nothing.....I love that trailor...I love when Keira says that Will and Elizabeth's relationship is falling apart and that meanwhile, her relationship with jack is growing into something rather Interesting...makes you want to be all giggly and smiling.....

Bwa Ha Ha
true,true

ivebeendepped43
ugh! i dont wanna see Liz/Will kiss again either!!

Bwa Ha Ha
indeed

katelovespirate
i think "what you want most in this world" and "what your heart truly desires" are basically the same thing... right?

i mean, these movies are made to represent the romantic pirate image, which contained a lot of ideals.

so the ideal here would be that your heart is always leading you to the right thing (which is a very disney ideal) and you should always trust your heart, which Jack is having trouble doing because he isn't used to trusting his heart, he is used to relying on his wits. ya know?

On the other hand, Will has always just done whatever he felt like doing... sort of a slave to his emotions... and he is having to learn to be more like Jack, to hide things and be a bit more clever.

Liz is just confusing.

Jacky Sparrow
I must say I don't find her confusing. I think in the first part she wanted to be kissed, to fall in love...and why not Will? She knew him since she was a child. I think there she was just testing out how it is to kiss and so on....

...and in 2 she realises that there's a strong feeling with Jack, she never felt the same when she was with Will. Maybe sometimes you think you love a person and then another comes and you feel totally different. And now she don't know how she should act like (the denying thing....)

taurusbaby0509
Originally posted by katelovespirate
HAHAHAHA totally. and why did everyone have such a hard time with a plot early on? is everyone really that stupid? it was so obvious. i mean, yeah, it was complicated, but thats GOOD. there are lots of characters, and they all have different wants, so yeah its going to be pretty complicated, but thats LIFE. when is life ever simple?!
and it doesnt take a whole lot to catch the plot drift.

will wants liz. beckett wants to control the sea. Jack wants to save his soul. Davy wants to terrorize everyone. Bootstrap wants off the dutchman. The cannibals want dinner. Norrington wants his life/honor back. Liz and Tia are the only complicated ones... Liz wants Will for the first half of the film, then gets pretty hazy. Tia doesnt say what she wants.

hahahaha love it!

ivebeendepped43
um.................i gotta go potty. u probably didnt need 2 no that, but........................

katelovespirate
here's a quote from an interview with Kiera...

Interviewer: What was your thought when you read the kiss in the script?

Kiera: I was trying to read it in my car, and Orlando was riding along, so I was trying to make sure he didn't see it. And then all of a sudden i realized this meant i got to kiss Johnny, and I spilled coffee all over Orlando, i was freaking out so much!

Interviewer: Was it a difficult scene to film?

Kiera: God, no. One of the best days of filming, actually. Johnny can actually be very serious when he is working, but eventually we loosened up. Towards the end we kept calling for another take, because we wanted to try the scene several different ways. Gore was absolute money. He just let us go nuts with it, really, try it until it felt right. The next day Johnny and I both met with the writers and made our case for more kisses!

Interviewer: And did Orlando get bored at all?

Kiera: I dont know, i wasnt really paying attention (laughs) No, he was great. He was really into it, actually... It gave him a chance to show some depth in Will's character. It's just the first stones falling before an avalanche for our characters, so we wanted to make sure we all played it right.

CaptinJackLover
yeah but we still dont like Will's character that much...sorry Keira but ur wrong about is chracter having more depth

katelovespirate
what does she mean by "stones falling before an avalanche..." ?????

katelovespirate
woah here's something interesting from a Johnny D interview:

Interviewer: So how far do you get to take Captain Jack in the third installment?

JD: Are you trying to get me to give away an ending? (laughs) Jack Sparrow is the sort of character you can take in many different directions. When I originally read what they had in mind for the third one, I was a bit surprised. I just wouldn't have thought I would get to take this character to that place. It's been a growing experience for me as an actor, definately.

Interviewer: That's pretty vague.

JD: Ask me again once the movie is out.

lovethemtigers
here's a quote from an interview with Kiera...

Interviewer: What was your thought when you read the kiss in the script?

Kiera: I was trying to read it in my car, and Orlando was riding along, so I was trying to make sure he didn't see it. And then all of a sudden i realized this meant i got to kiss Johnny, and I spilled coffee all over Orlando, i was freaking out so much!

Interviewer: Was it a difficult scene to film?

Kiera: God, no. One of the best days of filming, actually. Johnny can actually be very serious when he is working, but eventually we loosened up. Towards the end we kept calling for another take, because we wanted to try the scene several different ways. Gore was absolute money. He just let us go nuts with it, really, try it until it felt right. The next day Johnny and I both met with the writers and made our case for more kisses!

Interviewer: And did Orlando get bored at all?

Kiera: I dont know, i wasnt really paying attention (laughs) No, he was great. He was really into it, actually... It gave him a chance to show some depth in Will's character. It's just the first stones falling before an avalanche for our characters, so we wanted to make sure we all played it right.

This is funny....she didn't notice what Orlando was doing while she and Johnny are filming the kiss....HA....the next day she and Johnny were making a case for more kisses...love that idea....I think what she means about Will's character showing more depth could be that he is turning darker...seeing the kiss is going to push him over the edge...I hope that the comment "it's just the first stones falling beore an avalanche for our characters" means....the kiss is just the beginning of the romantic relationship between her and Jack...the kiss is the stone before the avalanche - meaning a full-blown relationship of kisses, love and sex....and how all three characters will react to this.....

Oh, this is very interesting.....

lovethemtigers
woah here's something interesting from a Johnny D interview:

Interviewer: So how far do you get to take Captain Jack in the third installment?

JD: Are you trying to get me to give away an ending? (laughs) Jack Sparrow is the sort of character you can take in many different directions. When I originally read what they had in mind for the third one, I was a bit surprised. I just wouldn't have thought I would get to take this character to that place. It's been a growing experience for me as an actor, definately.

Interviewer: That's pretty vague.

JD: Ask me again once the movie is out.

Hopefully that place Johnny is refering too...is Jack in a romantic relationship with Elizabeth....I love Johnny, he is so cool

evilm0nki3
Haha Well i thought the "it's just the first stones falling beore an avalanche for our characters" meant that it makes will angry or whatever and then he flips out... which is the avalanchesmile At least for Will because she said our characters..

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by evilm0nki3
Haha Well i thought the "it's just the first stones falling beore an avalanche for our characters" meant that it makes will angry or whatever and then he flips out... which is the avalanchesmile At least for Will because she said our characters..

Yeah, that too...I'm definitely going to enjoy POTC 3 if Will turns darker...I'm looking forward to it...maybe he'll make an unholy alliance with Barboosa to take down jack based on Jack's "weakness" -

katelovespirate
me too! i might start thinking Will is hott if he turns evil. LOL.

Chiki Mina
i have been going through keep to the code forum..and i have noticed that there are too many liz and will fanatics...like obsessed. Im rooting for jack/liz bc of what i see in the movie as by facts and possibilitties. I dont like very much keep to the code..those ppl litereally bite ur head off..

Jacky Sparrow
yeah, i think everyone in this forum is for jack/liz because we've good reasons!!!! and i really can't imagine anything else....

Chiki Mina
hey jacky! havent been here in a while!

so yea if i try to even mention just a lil of jack and liz they all go ' NO WILL AND LIZ ARE THE PERFECT COUPLE BLA BLA BLA THEY ARE LIKE PRINCE/PRINCESS TYPE OF THING BLA BLA' they were all yelling and bitting my head off i was like **** this and i never go back to keep to the code...they should keep their mouths shut.. miffed

Jacky Sparrow
oh, let them shout about liz/will and after the film they will be so depressed!! hihi, I really want to see it!!!!!!!!! maybe then i go on the page!!!!!!!! big grin

(there were so many hints, that Disney must completely be stupid not to make the ending WE expect!) I mean even the actors give some hints!!

ivebeendepped43
its true, the actors do give hints on it. i mean, if they dont end up together, it will just be another goody two shoes disney movie! i mean come on! get real!

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
i have been going through keep to the code forum..and i have noticed that there are too many liz and will fanatics...like obsessed. Im rooting for jack/liz bc of what i see in the movie as by facts and possibilitties. I dont like very much keep to the code..those ppl litereally bite ur head off..

True...they claim that there are many clues to point to Will and LIz in DMC...but unless I just did not understand the movie, and me and others are totally off our rocker...I just did not see one promising moment for Liz and Will in this movie...we give them so many substaintial things to back up our theories and they just ignore them...the only real evidence is that they claim Jack is too manipulative and he and liz can't trust each other because they are too much alike...what a bunch of hog-wash..that's what makes Jack and Liz compatible...they'll forever be guessing what the other is up too....and isn't that why Jack thinks they belong together because they are alike, they are peas in a pod.....they (W/E shippers) are totally ignoring everything that happend aboard the Pearl and at Tia's cabin in DMC....

Let's look at the reasons why Liz and Will are doomed:

1. The Wedding never takes place....it's a rainy, dreary day and they are arrested for helping JACK SPARROW escape....
2. A marriage interrupted or FATE INTERVENES....as Lord Cutler Beckett points out to Liz
3. Liz is so much a pirate...she escapes from Daddy's carraige, holds Cutler Beckett at gunpoint and steals the letters of marque intended for Jack Sparrow (Jack sure would have been proud to see her in action, will would be shocked)
4. Will doens't know what vexes men most, but Jack does : A Woman...
5. Tia says Will has a touch of destiny about him...You want to Know ME
6. Liz's Wedding Dress Sinks to the Bottom of the Ocean - the camera focuses on this and then shows a troubled Liz sitting on the stairs of the Black Pearl...
7. Liz has some very sexual conversations with a very SExy Pirate.
8. Liz has unconditional faith in Jack Sparrow...she seems to have a hero-worship going on....

9. Will witnesses the Kiss between Jack and Liz aboard the Pearl...
10. Will is angrily driving his knife into Tia's table
11. Lis cannot look at Will and she is very distraught over what she did to Jack....

oh yeah, this is out of order.
12. Norrington notices something going on between Jack and Liz..and he wishes Liz would have looked like she did when she was thinking about Jack back when he was wooing Elizabeth..but she never did...she never had that dreamy look about Will that I can recall...even in POTC, in her bed, the handmaiden mentions how frightening it must have been to be threatened by that Pirate...and Liz is like "oh yes, frightening" but she looks anything but frightened..she looks intrigued, like "I sure wouldn't mind seeing that frigthening Pirate again, I do believe he is the most beautiful man I have ever seen..."
This part is my opinion...but the other ones are definite clues that Liz and Will are doomed.....

katelovespirate
Okay, sad interview I just found, perhaps I am over-reacting...

From an Interview with Orlando...

Interviewer: So your character has some hard times ahead for him in the 3rd installment?

Orlando: I think, for Will, it's all about growing up and deciding once and for all what he wants. I think after each character was sort of presented with a choice. In order to reach the final resolution, we all have to push these characters to some scary places. But its worth it in the end, you know?

Interviewer: Does it feel the same as making the first one?

Orlando: The first one was just a lot of fun. Now we are towards the end of filming for 3, and its gotten pretty crazy. It's going to be so, so hard to say goodbye to these characters.

Interviewer: Have you connected with your cast members in the same way?

Orlando: Well Johnny is doing his thing, stealing every scene of course (laughs). He's so, so brilliant. Every time i get to do a scene with him, I have to really focus and try not to burst out laughing. And of course Kiera is just lovely. She seems so much older than she is, you know? She'll just come out with these expressions. And we've sort of perfected the Will/Elizabeth chemistry... as our characters develope they really start balancing each other out much better. Some of the scenes in 3 are absolute magic.

What is this supposed to mean???? sad

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by ivebeendepped43
its true, the actors do give hints on it. i mean, if they dont end up together, it will just be another goody two shoes disney movie! i mean come on! get real!

^^so agree with u!! score!

I have said this so many times..why would they bother writing all this jack/liz scenes. I mean wasting paper, ink, wasting time typing, money-come on! Disney ALWAYS has a way of showing some kind of lesson. It will be aweful if they showed us "hey ppl its ok to be in love or have a fiance and kiss some other guy just once without haveing any real feelings -'' aaa bull shit. That would crap disney up bad. And I think its time to change, not the same crap with lil princess and and goody prince-come on! Let us show that even pirates like jack can love and be loved dont leave him hanging. And dont most certainly leave him exactly back like his old ways being with hookers and rum 24/7 theres so much more than that!!! They cant just leave jack back to his old ways! Jack is the same Jack but he has change in a positive way. So keep him that way Disney!!

ivebeendepped43
it means that Orlando FINALLY realizes how completely awesome Johnny is!!!!! i mean if Johnny didn't steal every scene, then he wouldnt b Johnny!he DESERVES every scene! Johnny will always upstage him cuz Johnny is better than both of them by way too much. he always makes people laugh! i would burst out laughing if i ever did a scene /w him 2! he IS brilliant and will always b that way. and apparently the Jack/Liz ship will never sail. lol rofl! that was hilarious! im so funny!!!

calypso
I agree LOVETHEMTIGERS ... there are too many instances that point to Jack/Liz and not Will/Liz ... Will will team up with his Dad and they will sail away to be pirates or merchant seamen ... Jack on the other hand will receive a pardon from the King and wind up Knighted ... he and Lizzy will settle down in Port Royal where Jack will become a land owner and a proper citizen ... Jack may even become the Governor of Port Royal and Will may become head of the fleet ...

ivebeendepped43
he would be a censored2 tight governor! i wanna live in Port Royal!!!

Jacky Sparrow

Interviewer: So your character has some hard times ahead for him in the 3rd installment?

Orlando: I think, for Will, it's all about growing up and deciding once and for all what he wants. I think after each character was sort of presented with a choice. In order to reach the final resolution, we all have to push these characters to some scary places. But its worth it in the end, you know?

Orlando: The first one was just a lot of fun. Now we are towards the end of filming for 3, and its gotten pretty crazy. It's going to be so, so hard to say goodbye to these characters.

Orlando: Well Johnny is doing his thing, stealing every scene of course (laughs). He's so, so brilliant. Every time i get to do a scene with him, I have to really focus and try not to burst out laughing. And of course Kiera is just lovely. She seems so much older than she is, you know? She'll just come out with these expressions. And we've sort of perfected the Will/Elizabeth chemistry... as our characters develope they really start balancing each other out much better. Some of the scenes in 3 are absolute magic.

i hope he only means during the time they need to find jack!!!!!!!!!! otherwise mad

calypso
I think Orly means by "perfecting the chemistry" that maybe he has learned that he loves the sea more than Lizzy and that Lizzy is more of a pirate than him and that Lizzy should be with Jack...I think what he said was meant to throw everybody off...you can't tell me that there is not a Disney staffer somewhere reading all this stuff to see what the audience really wants to see in 3 ... and if they don't , HOW STUPID IS THAT !!!!!

ivebeendepped43
way stupid! its not fair! why does Disney always have to play by the rules!

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by calypso
I agree LOVETHEMTIGERS ... there are too many instances that point to Jack/Liz and not Will/Liz ... Will will team up with his Dad and they will sail away to be pirates or merchant seamen ... Jack on the other hand will receive a pardon from the King and wind up Knighted ... he and Lizzy will settle down in Port Royal where Jack will become a land owner and a proper citizen ... Jack may even become the Governor of Port Royal and Will may become head of the fleet ...

Nah, hearing it put that way...no way...Jack can't settle down in Port Royal...that's way too boring for him...as the writers say..Jack must always be getting out of tight spots.

And after reading what katelovespirate wrote about the Orlie interview...I guess that jack/liz ship will never sail...so for 2 months I have waisted my time trying to argue for the purpose of DMC...but I guess those pple at KTTC are right...it's all about Liz and Will and their characters developing...and JacK, well he's just along for the ride and to draw the audience in so that they can make mega bucks while Liz and Will find their way back to each other...uggghhhhh....I already hate AWE and it hasn't even been released....Well if this is true and Liz and Will have connected and grown and finally found their chemistry...then, my obsession with the trilogy can finally be over....I no longer have to look forward to May to see what's going to happen..we now know...Will gets the girl and Jack sails off on his own with his crew for more adventures...oh well, it's only a movie, mates....so long...

lovethemtigers
Thanks Orlando for bursting my bubble...I knew I didn't like that guy...can't believe he gave away the ending to AWE...what a looser....why couldn't he be more mysterious and secretive like Johnny

ivebeendepped43
only a movie? ONLY! Disney is censored2 screwing up this movie! they dont get it! dude, if this movie was made by like twentieth century fox or sumthin, it would be Jack/Liz all the way!!

Jacky Sparrow
yeah, i hate him too. but then i wonder why johnny and keira said something completely different? or did we interpret it wrong?? (i don't know in which thread it was written)

and what about their dreams as a child???? I can't be all for nothing!!! I'm really going to die!!!

lovethemtigers
You are so right....and if this was a true romance...then Jack would get the girl...but this is written by two men, so what can we expect.

OKAY, ALL TOGETHER NOW....DISNEY SUCKS BIG TIME....I HATE DISNEY, I'M NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN.

Just kidding...it's only a movie, it's only a moive...it's only a movie...I MUST keep telling myself that...I may have to go to "POTC A" meetings...Pirates of the Caribbean Anonymous....I'll never recover from this let down....Gosh, I hate Orlando Bloom right now...LOL

lovethemtigers
And I am officially protesting the WE LOVE WILL thread...see I told ya'll disney would take it the wrong way....I am only kidding ladies....it's just so much fun to say mean things about Will...

ivebeendepped43
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
Thanks Orlando for bursting my bubble...I knew I didn't like that guy...can't believe he gave away the ending to AWE...what a looser....why couldn't he be more mysterious and secretive like Johnny maybe cuz johnny has 20 years more experience??? idk, maybe Orlando is just naturally stupid and Johnny (i already know) is naturally talented,ssexxi,mysterious,mischievious,talented,w
onderful,ssexxi,talented,and just an all around good guy! Orlando tries too hard to be Johnny but he will NEVER be him, or even close to him for that matter

Jacky Sparrow
I'm not sure anymore if I want to see the 3rd movie!! ...maybe Orlando hasn't understand the story and so he believes he gets the girl in the end! I mean what Keira wants is obviously...

Chiki Mina
what i also think about the interview with orlando, is that even though they are not exactly together-will and liz, that they still have some what a chemistry together. Since they practically grew up together, their love is more like a brotherly/friendly love. they just thought it was something more since they felt comfortable with each other..but there was still something missing. With Will what was missing was his dad, with liz what was missing was jack/freedom.

calypso
Ted and Terry have already said that a movie is done in three acts ... first act is building character, second act is putting the characters in some type of jeopardy and the third act brings it all together... So now we have three movies and the same principle applies ... in COTBP we see all the characters development ... in DMC we see our hero Jack in peril at the end (second act) and the third act AWE is where everything will come together ... this is the main reason why it will be Jack/Liz, because Ted/Terry also said that your characters in the last act will do something they never would have done in the first act ... they took the kissing scene and all romantic references to Jack out of COTBP ... just slipped it into DMC "a little bit" .. so in the final AWE (do you see any correlation here) what would a character do that they would not have done in the first act ... Liz falls in a "resolute and unyielding" love with Jack because in COTBP she would never have considered Jack as an equal and that was the social status of the day ... in DMC Liz is beginning to look at Jack in a different light and Will is "obsessed with treasure" all of which is not "silver and gold, Mate" and that treasure is his Dad... so Will in act three AWE will sail away with his "pirate father" and that is something he never would have done in in the first act COTBP because he wanted to "kill a pirate" ...

Jacky Sparrow
@ Chiki Mina
i hope he just means that! but what about Will getting angry? what about turning into bad? then there should be chemistry with liz???? i'm so confussed at the moment!

ivebeendepped43
ugh me too! dont feel alone!

Chiki Mina
no no Will will go to the dark side in a vengeance act. I doubt liz is gonna be turned on by this. What liz likes about jack is that despite of him breaking some rules, no morals, etc he is A GOOD MAN. U dont need fancy clothes, clean face, and a high socila status to be a great man and even a hero. Liz sees jack in a different light and shes the only one who could see it. I dont think not even mr gibbs or his loyal crew can-not the way liz does. liz and jack are like in their own world.

ivebeendepped43
thats really true. its like Liz can see throught him and Jack also. its really cute what they have together,or what they'll never have

Chiki Mina
I think Liz fights for Will ro bring him back but i tdont exactly think as in a lover way. I think mis swann just wants will to come to his senses to come back to her as her best friend again a person she could trust again.

calypso
We probably will find out that Mr. Gibbs is not who we think he is ... I think Mr. Gibbs took to the sea to "find himself a pirate" in the guise of Jack Sparrow ... Mr. Gibbs stories don't match up... It was eight years since Liz had seen Mr. Gibbs on the ship to Port Royal, but Mr. Gibbs tells Will "Not much is known about Jack Sparrow before he sailed into Tortuga looking for a crew to sail to the Isle de Muerta ten years ago"... Mr. Gibbs would not have been on Tortuga if he had been in the Royal Navy ten years before ... then when Will and Jack go to Tortuga, Jack knows where to find him on Tortuga and Mr. Gibbs instantly recognizes Jack when Will throws water on him ... When Jack asks him to get a crew together, Mr. Gibbs replies "there got to be someone on this rock crazy as you"... Jack's reply "One would only hope".

-savvychick-
maybe the fact that they said that they have the will/liz chemistry down is because they had 2 change it from the first movie to the second and then third, because they were developing as characters, they had to adjust to the different type of chemistry, going from lovers to just friends type chemistry, if that makes any sense at all.

calypso
Chici Mina you are probably right about the friendship part with Will/Liz... she hung onto Will because of their first experince together on the way to Port Royal and she caused him to be rescued...

Chiki Mina
yea i agree miss savvychick that makes perfect sense. Since these characters change, it is obvious that will and liz changed from unconditionally in love with eachother to just as best friends. They can rely on each other still. but what they are both are looking for is not within eachother(will/liz)

T.Maria

Ok, lets assess the situation....

And we've sort of perfected the Will/Elizabeth chemistry... as our characters develope they really start balancing each other out much better. Some of the scenes in 3 are absolute magic.

Ok...heres why im not scared;

It says nothing within this interview about 'kisses' or 'love' or 'marriage' or anything to do with romance...

We're all worried about the 'chemistry', right?
This to me does not sound like 'sexual' chemistry....i think orlando has realised that those two characters do not really have that.

Yeah, the characters balance eachother out...but only so far.
Elizabeth cannot completely be balanced out by will because he does not have what she wants anymore...she wants freedom, and he cannot give it to her because he wants to MARRY her...IMO that would be like trapping her!

Also;

"Some of the scenes in 3 are absolute magic"

THE scenes...not OUR scenes...

So YES the characters have chemistry...if they did not then the movie would not work.....

So YES the characters balance eachother out...but will can only do this so far for elizabeth...

So YES some of the scenes in 3 will be absolute magic...but he doesnt mention scenes between will/elizabeth, he says THE scenes...which could include will/elizabeth/jack ... jack/will .... will/bootstrap...we just dont know!!! smile

Also, if we think about 'balance'....

In the 2nd film the two characters W/E balanced eachother out because Elizabeth was going piratey...and Will was still actually staying his striaght-laced self...theres the balance there...

So in 3, is it possble with all these rumours of Evil Will, that he will go on to the other end of the 'balance', and Elizabeth will remain where she is 'piratey', but still be able to balance it enough to bring him back??

If you think about it, these two character DO balance eachother quite a bit...but not in the sexual sense...

I think She will bring will back from the mirroring davy thing, but not in a romantic way...in a hard-hitting and 'oh -my -god -I -almost -went-evil -there -for -a -minute -because -my -fiancee -has -fallen -for- another -man -and -it -made -me -angry...-but -i -think- i've -realised -that -i -need -to -let -her -go sort of way....

If this post is confusing i apologise...

what im ttrying to say is that im keeping the faith laughing

calypso
I really think Mr. Gibbs is an emissary of the King who has been sent to find John Christopher Smythe aka Jack Sparrow and to report on Jack back to the King...If you notice he is upset that Jack would not let him go ashore at Isle de Muerta and Jack took Will ... also Mr. Gibbs was way too upset over Jack "being left behind" by Will...

calypso
Thanks T.Maria for your insight ... I am not going to lose faith either over
Jack/Liz...AWE is suppose to have Chinese pirates, Norrington crosses to bad with the East India Co, someone is going to have to stop that progression and it will probably be Will who kills Norrinton or Lord Beckett who branded Jack...who by the way said "we each took something away"...what did Jack do to him if Beckett branded Jack...I think Jack branded him on his bottom.

T.Maria
Calypso i agree with you.

I think the writers have realised that with will there needs to be more...so now they're doing it. They'll make him that little bit more evil...

Also, i think the writers also realised that Elizabeth is more of a match for Jack...she gives as good as she gets, and we have seen that now with the end of DMC...she has shown him she is his equal.

CaptinJackLover
yeah they complete eahc other! its the perfect match....If Liz ended up with Will then he wouldnt be doing andything, he doesnt complete her like Jack does. Will would just be dead weight she is carrying aroud with her. lol

Chiki Mina
im with t maria im keeping my faith. no damn made shit script is gonna spoil my faith i think together we could make this hapen lol. and calypso..wasnt mr sparrows name jack smith..im so confused of jacks passed confused

Chiki Mina
i meant past not passed..uhg i hate my typos

taurusbaby0509
i'm not believing anything until I see it.

calypso
Yea, he said "Smith or Smithy", but the royal English spelling is Smythe and can be pronounced either way... still think he is of titled nobility ... and will be Knighted by the King... you can see Jack start to wind down in DMC a little ... I think since this is suppose to be the end of piracy in the Caribbean I think Captain Jack is headed to be a landlubber and a totally devoted spouse to Lizzy... "Two peas in a pod darlin', two peas in a pod".

calypso
In COTBP Will was a "bit of a stick" and totally a goody two shoes...he becan to evolve in DMC by wanting the treasure chest for his own selfish reasons, not for Lizzy or Jack...and by AWE he will be doing something he would not have done in the first one, and that is become a totally bad pirate...and AWE (At Worlds End) can be another trick of Ted/Terry...awe, as in isn't that great or awe, can you believe this...

calypso
Ted/Terry really wanted AWE not WE...so I guess WE was not bold enough for the final in the trilogy...

katelovespirate
Originally posted by calypso
Yea, he said "Smith or Smithy", but the royal English spelling is Smythe and can be pronounced either way... still think he is of titled nobility ... and will be Knighted by the King... you can see Jack start to wind down in DMC a little ... I think since this is suppose to be the end of piracy in the Caribbean I think Captain Jack is headed to be a landlubber and a totally devoted spouse to Lizzy... "Two peas in a pod darlin', two peas in a pod".

no way man, he'll always be happier on the sea. wink

katelovespirate
OMGSH...

what if this flipping interview isnt even real? My german friend sent it to me, cause she knows i love POTC, but she didnt send me the link.

Im going into denial, guys. I am NOT believing Liz/Will till I absolutely have to.

ANd Liz doesnt want to settle down in Port Royal!!!! she belongs at sea too.

calypso
"Not all treasure is silver and gold, Mate"..............I think he wants a different treasure.....

CaptinJackLover
telll her to send you the link so we can all find out and be relaxed about it! big grin

Chiki Mina
i cant remember in what scene he said that..not all treassure are silver and gold" i cant remember uhg damn!

Jacky Sparrow
OMGSH...

what if this flipping interview isnt even real? My german friend sent it to me, cause she knows i love POTC, but she didnt send me the link.

Im going into denial, guys. I am NOT believing Liz/Will till I absolutely have to.

ANd Liz doesnt want to settle down in Port Royal!!!! she belongs at sea too.

Yeah, give us the link...and where does she come from?

CaptinJackLover
when they are in the boat to go save Liz
when i first watched it i was like why in the worl would this ladies man, a guy who treats women like nothing say that a woman is treasure to a man.....but now realize he isnt like that.....i think he thought of Liz as treasure to himslef and not for Will. Cuz i mean afterall if Will couldnt realiuze Liz was true treasure i dont think he deserves her, but Jack realized how special she was so he should get her big grin lol

Jacky Sparrow
yeah, and he run until he saw liz...during will was doing something down on the boat and came very slowly up to the place where jack was, did someone notice that?

katelovespirate
seriously i have no link. My friend from Hamburg sent it to me. she's nuts. i dont think she would lie to me, but maybe she was just trying to freak me out?! i sure hope so. LOL.

but even if it IS real, that doesnt for sure mean will and liz are together. maybe he means their chemistry has finally settled as brother/sister friendship, ya know?

or maybe he was just saying that to throw everyone off, to get attention or whatever.

Orlando is a proffessional. Disney is guarding the secret ending, and Orlando knows not to say anything that would give the ending away. That would be ridiculous. he's not that stupid.
right?

Jacky Sparrow
right!! or maybe it was before they actually know how the reactions of the second film was and now changed a lot...or so?!

katelovespirate
right. i mean, orlando didnt know about the kiss during the filming of 2. so maybe there was big stuff he didnt know about yet...

CaptinJackLover
yeah its like these actors go through a secial training so they know exactly what to say, lol, to keep the fans interested and hoping for different things, they know hat keeps the audiences excited and aggravated! so it could jsut to keeo us wondering about things

katelovespirate
i say we ignore this. it makes me sad, so screw it. LOL.

CaptinJackLover
hahaha....you are the one to post it and then u just say screw it, thats really normal (sarcasm)lol

Chiki Mina
im with u miss katelovespirate..SCREW IT ALL! lol. I aint gonna loose my faith wink

CaptinJackLover
hahaha im wit u guys all the way!!!! that interview was stupid and the stupid actor that sadi that stupid stuff is just stupid and should just stop saying stupid things and be his stupid self lol

Chiki Mina
lol captainjacklover lool. Lets not balme mr bloom he probably was told to say this who knows..to make ppl even more desperate and to make them fall out of their seats lol.

ivebeendepped43
why cant we blame bloom?

Chiki Mina
no no dont balme bloom lol. Im pretty sure we kind of misunderstood that interview. But ppl are getting all angry at bloom and i personally think we have no right.

ivebeendepped43
ill be mad at Bloom whenever i wanna!

Chiki Mina
oh yeaaa????? wanna fight!! argue boxing

ivebeendepped43
time and tide,luv

Chiki Mina
u know..my english is not perfect..but what did he mean by tide and time??

CaptinJackLover
im not ANGRY its just that he is upsetting me a BIT not a lot just a BIT. lol

ivebeendepped43
its time and tide!

Bwa Ha Ha
uhh...dontgetit

Chiki Mina
waaa im confuzzled

PIRATES=SEX
Well from both the leaked script and a few spoiler i have read it is confirmed that will is a semi-badguy in pirates 3.I read that he trades jack for something.

katelovespirate
thats hott. i like it when good guys turn into bad guys.

when you said that, this was the thought that came into my head.

Will trades Jack, and then Liz sneaks after Jack and shows up wherever he's being kept, sets him free, explains to him why they cant be together, they make out, then she goes back with will, but she and jack have an understanding or something.

if will turns semi badguy, that could either mean he is going to be on par with liz morality wise, thus making them good for each other, or he will sink too far and make it impossible for them to be together.

HOWEVER, we must remember in these films everyone trades everyone all the time, for reasons we find out later. people traded each other 7 times in the first one, 8 times in the second one. its not like a huge major betrayal every time, its like an oh! shoot. on with the plot.

if jack trades liz and will trades jack, i guess that sets up liz to trade will. big grin

Jacky Sparrow

katelovespirate
lol... im just trying to fit theories together. you know i agree with you, i want liz and jack really badly.

it looks like orlando might be single again: http://movies.msn.com/beacon/editorial11.aspx?ptid=454b5321-67e9-4bc9-a70e-df69bd8d3b97&GT1=7701

if Will turns into anything like Balian in Kingdom of Heaven, I will like him a lot more.

i was thinking last night, while we were all freaking out about that interview, that no matter how much i want liz and jack to be together, i always try to balance it out with the "oh, but its not very likely, so dont get your hopes up."
why do i do that?

then i was thinking about the fact that DMC took my TOTALLY by surprise and LITERALLY gave me 3 panic attacks because i was so shocked- and delighted--... i didnt know anything about the film before it came out, so every liz/jack moment seemed totally out of the blue- and the kiss at the end---- suffice it to say i DID NOT SEE IT COMING.

point being, the movie was GREAT because it was NOTHING like I expected. Perhaps we have decided on something we MUST see happen for the movie to be good, when perhaps perhaps it will focus on something entirely different. we shouldnt put conditions on the movie... IMO... yeah we all know what we want, but whatever happens it is going to be a GREAT movie... and will probably shock and delight us in ways we didnt expect!!!

T.Maria
nice on katleovespirate, you hit the nail on the head!!

We all want jack/liz but at the end of the day the only people who can give us that are the writers...and no1 even knows what the hell it is they're saying half the time, never mind what they're thinking!! lol smile

lovethemtigers
Okay, I am back on the positive side today.. sorry I freaked out on everybody yesterday...I am just so much on a rollercoaster ride over this....I mean..I want to believe all the clues and theories and underlying meanings we have discovered in DMC and POTC 1 - but then that small part that thinks "oh, crap this is disney" then I'm sliding downward again...but then I remember this is not like most Disney movies and the writers have even expressed that themselves...and yes, Katelovespirates...I am going to ignore that interview from your friend in Germany....and if it is true...I'm going to start thinking like everyone else...maybe he just means that their chemistry is equaling out as friends....not lovers....because their is no sexual chemistry between the two of them on screen at all....so maybe that's what he meant by perfecting their chemistry...I am settled down after a good night's rest...so I am able to sit back today and look at it in a more calmer, adult light....and yes, he does say the scenes in the movie are abosolute magic...but he doesn't say "our" ...he just means the movie overall has so amazing magic......I feel better.

Sorry for the panic...Jack and Liz forever....

katelovespirate
LOL YAYAYAY!!! smile

something totally off topic but completely hilarious...

i just went to our campus center to grab some food, and they had a life-sized Captain Jack Sparrow skeleton (with his exact costume) and light up eyes, singing that song thats like "Im a really crazy guy, the kind you dont bring home to mother..." and doing a little dance. I laughed so hard.... OMGSH....

Chiki Mina
we cannot panic. we need to stay calm, cool, and collected. If these ppl try to put us down I think its a good sign..why? Because we are probably hitting them with facts and accurate theories to support our reasons why jack/liz. And so i think they are the ones who panick and yes iam talking about the ass holes from KTTC. Not all of them are but most of them are. They are blinded by obsession with will/liz they need to proove thier reasons not just bc they are hot couple. If i see signs in the movie or in the future with liz/will i will surely support them and ill have my reasons!! But in this case its jack/liz!! and we all have reasons!!

lovethemtigers
The people on KTTC that support will/liz have no evidence to support there reasoning, yet they tell J/E shippers that they don't give any evidence, and the J/E shippers are constantly giving them substaintial evidence that they continue to ignore...you know what there biggest substaintail evidence for Will/Liz....is that Liz chained Jack to the mast and left him there to die, thus proving that she chose Will over Jack. Bah...it goes so much deeper than that...and they say Jack and Liz are both so manipulative and untrustworthy..they could never survive, they are too mistrustful of each other...and that's crazy too...because IMO - DMC proves that Jack and Liz actually have unconditional faith in each other, despite everything.......they do trust each other, totally 100 %

Chiki Mina
^^amen
They completely trust eachother 100% just like lovethemtigers said.
They both have like their own little world that only liz/jack live in. They both see eachother in a different light thats hidden from world. Thats how they form their bond

they both trust eachother to become that person thats hidden deep within-that potential. They believe that eachother have a strong potential deep within.

-savvychick-
someone should go to KTTC and totally freak them out. like, go beyond a theory and tell them that something leaked about jack/liz being together. i know that would be lieing, but it would be worth it to hear their reactionssmile

ivebeendepped43
it would!! i wanna c them frea out and stuff! but there is the question about whether they would believe u or not

katelovespirate
Originally posted by -savvychick-
someone should go to KTTC and totally freak them out. like, go beyond a theory and tell them that something leaked about jack/liz being together. i know that would be lieing, but it would be worth it to hear their reactionssmile

do it. we've read enough (possibly fake) interviews that you all should be able to fake one quite well.

but dont make it obviously about Jack and Liz... make it how Orli's character is going to pieces. That will really break their hearts. Here, i'll give it a go (this ought to be fun)

Orlando: The thing about Will is he's just too serious sometimes. It's so hard to work with Johnny and he's just going nuts, and Will doesn't have that kind of freedom. In the first films you get the idea that he knows what he wants, but as his character gets thrown into more circumstances, you start to think, maybe he doesnt know what he wants at all. Maybe he is just afraid, you know? Maybe the thing he thought he wanted was actually just distracting him from what is really important in life. These are some of the questions Will gets to explore. And when a character starts questioning themself, it isn't always a pretty picture. I know I'm going to get assed for bringing this up, but remember Frodo in Lord of the Rings? He definately got very scary near the end. But he came back. Things were different, and in some ways he maintained scars from his journey... he had to give up things. But there was redemption, you know? There's always going to be redemption, especially in a Verbinski film (laughs). I'm very proud of the second and third installments. It just takes everything deeper.

-savvychick-
LOL laughing out loud smile...I dont have a name on KTTC...someone on here with one should tho!!!

ivebeendepped43
i dont either!

tee_pirategirl
I hate to break this to everyone myself included but johnny depp says it on live TV that his kiss was awkward and that "it was just something they had to do" since he's known keira since she was 17 it was awkward for him and in the same vid keira says that it was the perfect kiss "a kiss with a twist". LOL she said she's happy she got to kiss both johnny and orlando. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7KpEvb-fI&mode=related&search=

ivebeendepped43
aawww!! JOhnny is so cute! good, it better have been awkward btween them, cuz hes got Nessa who is 100,000,000x better than that sllutbag!

tee_pirategirl
yeah what the really funny thing was keira is like a 13 year old she's like"I get to kiss johnny..nananananaaaaaaaaa" but I guess I would be like that if *I* got to kiss *him* actually she was being COOL about it if it were ME I'd jump on the coach like tom cruise....

lovethemtigers
I think what Johnny is saying is that it is always uncomfortable when you have to kiss someone in a movie..but then he goes on to say...that you just do what you gotta do and make the best of it..Johnny is a seasoned actor and this was not his first on-scene kiss and not his first since his coupling with Vanessa...so it just means what it means...and Keira being young and relatively new to all this compared to Johnny (plus she's a female) thinks it's great.....females and males always have different oulooks on these things...I think she just says that bit about getting to kiss Orlando to be nice..it's kind of like an afterthought....LOL

Johnny's not gonna refuse to kiss Keira again...if it means that it will help AWE top Titanic on the billion dollar movie list.....
They've gone this far with DMC...they better take it to the next level...

And DMC has gone beyond the point of a 3 year old and an 80 year old getting the same thing out of this movie...because DMC was so much more adult than COTBP

katelovespirate
hahaha i love how actors change the way they talk about their parts on different tv shows/ in different interviews. cause in the interview i posted earlier Johnny definately talked about the kiss as something he enjoyed... probably not because he is attracted to kiera, but because it was a fun, intense scene for them to film...

and you have to consider, he's spent the majority of filming doing crazy stunts and being nutty, and here's a scene with just two people, where they get to really explore their characters and see where they can take it. any serious actor would find that fun.

i have only heard that "awkward" comment from him on that one interview... (whic i get the feeling he said out of respect for Vanessa) wherein at least 3 other interviews that i have read, he enjoyed doing that scene and him and keira had a great time with it.

if they were given the chance for more intimate scenes in 3, whether it be a kiss or what, i think both of them would be way into it, IMO... considering that was the scene that defined 2... and that was a scene that they have been immortalized by. when it comes down to it, actors like publicity... they like controversy... and they like to be the character getting the most screen time. ya know what i mean? lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.