Namor Vs Thing: The final debate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S.G
Let's see how this turns out.

They bath have one day of prep, but this isn't any ordenery prep time. They are not allowed to prepare objects or help. They both spend the first half of the day training working out and preparing for they're coming fight with super-human instructors. They don't know who they are facing.

Namor is in his classic costume.

The fight takes place in New York city but a smaller version where its 60 miles either way. And there's all the Major structores there all they're correct sizes etc.

These include:

Twin Towers
Statue of Librety
Empire State Building
Central Park
And any others I haven't mentioned.

There is no ring out or whatever it is, the sea contines until it gets right back to the other site of NYC.

They are not allowed to use objects like guns or Reeds or Tonys or anyones equipment. They do not excist in this city. It is an empty NYC that has been abandoned so the cars are just left lieing around.

Grim8888 please don't come in here and be a fanboy as always please.

Namor Vs Thing cool

DarkCrawler
Namor wins the majority.

He lifts Statue of Liberty and throws it on Ben for the fastest way...

Or just beats him h2h in the slowest way. He still has strength, speed etc. advantage over Thing.

juggernaut66666
No clobbering time for thing this time no

S.G
Thing gets slaughted !!

*waits for Grim to come*

Lucid Lui
I love it how people always say "the Final Debate" or "let's settle this once and for all" like it actually will settle something and there won't be yet another Namor vs. Thing thread in a month or so. stick out tongue

That said, Namor wins.

S.G
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I love it how people always say "the Final Debate" or "let's settle this once and for all" like it actually will settle something and there won't be yet another Namor vs. Thing thread in a month or so. stick out tongue

That said, Namor wins. dots

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4819/aquamanzp3.jpg

Lucid Lui
Yeah, that's a cool issue. big grin

S.G
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Yeah, that's a cool issue. big grin

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5829/1rh5.jpg

Scoobless
Namor is quickly becoming over rated around here

snoopdogg
In the water thing gets his @ss handed to him. On the land it's a tie or Thing with a very slight advantage due to his strength and fighting advantages.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by snoopdogg
In the water thing gets his @ss handed to him. On the land it's a tie or Thing with a very slight advantage due to his strength and fighting advantages. Thing isn't stronger, neither he is better fighter.

Originally posted by Scoobless
Namor is quickly becoming over rated around here

How so?

S.G
And D.C steps up to the plate.

And I am starting to agree with Scoobs a bit.

DarkCrawler
Yeah, maybe few misguided people take it too far.

I think majority of the board is still not overrating him.

Grimm22
Namor wins this 6-7/10

Ben still gives Namor some "lovetaps" to remember him by though yes

Validus
In the water thing gets his @ss handed to him. On the land it's a tie or Thing with a very slight advantage due to his strength and fighting advantages.
Strength advantages? The way I've always seen Marvel strength tiers is Thor/Hulk at the top, Namor/Wonder Man in the middle, and Colossus/Thing at the bottom.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Validus
Strength advantages? The way I've always seen Marvel strength tiers is Thor/Hulk at the top, Namor/Wonder Man in the middle, and Colossus/Thing at the bottom. I am just comparing the incident in which Thing pulled Namor out of water in a direct comparison of strength. Thing has some nice lifing feats also on land. If anything they are very equal in strength.

Metalmanx
Namor 6/10. Thing puts up an amazing fight though.

Validus
I am just comparing the incident in which Thing pulled Namor out of water in a direct comparison of strength. Thing has some nice lifing feats also on land. If anything they are very equal in strength.
Like what? Direct showings against top tier bruisers have Namor as a near enough equal while Thing is always treated like a whipping boy.

DarkCrawler
I am just comparing the incident in which Thing pulled Namor out of water in a direct comparison of strength.

You are basing this entire fight to one incident, when there are HUNDREDS of others that clear it out? Namor has broken stronger grips. Hulk's. War Machine's. Thor's. Master Man's. The issue was when Fantastic Four was new, and they needed to promote their characters. Stan Lee can make mistakes. Namor is not his creation.

Even if he intended Thing to be stronger then Namor, (which he didn't, as Namor beat Thing more times then not after that, under Stan's pen and Stan Lee wrote some of the best Namor feats after that - like his all wins over Hulk) other writers have certainly changed that since then.

Namor's strength feat's are better then Things. He has better fighting record against other top tiers. He has already one-shotted Thing at least three times.

Namor is stronger then Thing.

One incident does not wipe out the majority.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Validus
Like what? Direct showings against top tier bruisers have Namor as a near enough equal while Thing is always treated like a whipping boy. I said direct showings in strength. Not fights cause there is a differrence. Namor is alot faster than those guys that's why he holds his own against top tiers. Thing does it with skill.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/doggydogg2/ThingandNamorFF9.jpg

DarkCrawler
I said direct showings in strength. Not fights cause there is a differrence. Namor is alot faster than those guys that's why he holds his own against top tiers. Thing does it with skill.

And Namor does not use skill at all, is that so...? confused

How is it that you mystically forget everything I have posted in previous threads?

Validus
I said direct showings in strength. Not fights cause there is a differrence. Namor is alot faster than those guys that's why he holds his own against top tiers. Thing does it with skill.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/doggydogg2/ThingandNamorFF9.jpg
Thing doesn't do anything with his so called skill except get 3 shotted.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
You are basing this entire fight to one incident, when there are HUNDREDS of others that clear it out?

That's the only scan there is to show who might be stronger. Do you have any scans of Namor beating Thing in a strength contest? And PLEASE no fighting one. Fighting and Strength are not the same! Weaker guys beat up stronger guys and vice versa.

snoopdogg
And Namor does not use skill at all, is that so...? confused

How is it that you mystically forget everything I have posted in previous threads? I never said he didn't. Just said Namor has alot more speed he can use as to where Thing has to rely on his skills moreso than Namor does.

I didn't forget anything.

DarkCrawler
That's the only scan there is to show who might be stronger.

Did you even read the rest of the post? It is not the only scan. Namor, for example, has easily lifted things that Ben has been struggling with.

The whole incident was retconned in Marvel Age Fantastic Four #9 anyway. Thing punched Namor out of water there.

snoopdogg
Did you even read the rest of the post? It is not the only scan. Namor, for example, has easily lifted things that Ben has been struggling with.

The whole incident was retconned in Marvel Age Fantastic Four #9 anyway. Thing punched Namor out of water there. That's f*cking cheap.

Lets see the scans.

DarkCrawler
Don't see what's the problem anyway. Obviously no comic book writer thinks that Thing is stronger then Namor anymore. Stan Lee included.

But ask, and you shall recieve...
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/1315/maff0917il5.jpg
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/6885/maff0918pf4.jpg

snoopdogg
Don't see what's the problem anyway. Obviously no comic book writer thinks that Thing is stronger then Namor anymore. Stan Lee included.

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/6885/maff0918pf4.jpg So how do you know it was retconned? Does it say somewhere or anything?

DarkCrawler
So how do you know it was retconned? Does it say somewhere or anything? It's a newest re-telling of their fight. Seeing as it is written in different way, I consider it retconning...

It also retconned the stupid thing that Ben is changed back to human with electricity.

That's pretty much how all retcons except the HUGE ones are done.

S.G
Can we get the whole fight please.

DarkCrawler
The original one?

S.G
No the new one please....buddy ??? eek!

DarkCrawler
That is the whole new one fight. smile

S.G
Thats the whole fight ? What happened before it ? And after ? Can you get the origanal aswell please ?

snoopdogg
It's a newest re-telling of their fight. Seeing as it is written in different way, I consider it retconning...

It also retconned the stupid thing that Ben is changed back to human with electricity.

That's pretty much how all retcons except the HUGE ones are done. So basically Marvel retconned the whole FF silver age?

DarkCrawler
So basically Marvel retconned the whole FF silver age?

No. Not the whole one. But some parts of it have been retconned in other comics too. It happens all the time when writers want to make their story match a bit more, or change something that just wouldn't work in the more serious stories of this time.

H. S. 6
I think it's pretty clear Namor takes the majority here. Probably 8 or 9 out of 10.

His strength is arguably superior, if not, on par with Ben's, and he's got the speed advantage, flight, his skills are on par with Ben's, etc.

S.G
No. Not the whole one. But some parts of it have been retconned in other comics too. It happens all the time when writers want to make their story match a bit more, or change something that just wouldn't work in the more serious stories of this time. Classic ? embarrasment

batdude123
Namor>>Thing. It's that simple.

Grimm22

Thats cool.

What book is that from? confused

starlock
hey guys i started a thread called real vs thread and the first best out of ten contest is Thing vs Namor,check out my thread for more info
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t424722.html

i have their character sheets from the marvel saga system which i will use to run the fight,tommorrow i will post the results

personaly i will go with thing but we will see!

Horrificus
It'sobvious that Namor's huge nipples are what give his his superior power.
But, if Namor lost his nipples, I think Ben could take it.

Badabing
Originally posted by Horrificus
It'sobvious that Namor's huge nipples are what give his his superior power.
But, if Namor lost his nipples, I think Ben could take it.
blink

What the f**k?

eek!

laughing

wolvertooth
\

darkcrawler you are the most hypocrite person in this forum, so that issue isn't a PIS right? but wait a minute... how could thing actually punch namor twice?? i mean namor is soooo super speedster... and why didnt he use his flight? he could just fly.... but its ok because he won right? if thing would win in this fight you would say that its because namor did not use his speed and flight , what a hypocrite roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkCrawler
What is PIS there, retard?

And Namor didn't use speed or flight...did it look like he needed to? Thing doesn't have claws on his hands, does he?

But he COULD have, like he could have against Wolverine, but as you look at the images (which you still seemingly haven't...) he DIDN'T.

And here is a question for you...if Wolverine's healing factor is so amazing, why did it take him four days to grow his eye back?

Accel
Sometimes I think spammers like Wolvertooth are worse than guys like David_Richards since they're annoying, but so much so that they can't be banned because of it. They stay just within the rules and so they keep coming and coming and coming...

starlock
hey everyone the results of my experiment are in
i used the marvel saga system and ran 10 fights
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=424722&from=thread&pagenumber=2#post7552576
Thing won 8 Namor won 2
now i had them fight in a construction site and each could use whatever can be found in one so it might be to things advantage

snoopdogg
On land Thing has a shot. In the water his chances dwindle big time.

Grimm22
Namor wins the majority no expression

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by wolvertooth
darkcrawler you are the most hypocrite person in this forum, so that issue isn't a PIS right? but wait a minute... how could thing actually punch namor twice?? i mean namor is soooo super speedster... and why didnt he use his flight? he could just fly.... but its ok because he won right? if thing would win in this fight you would say that its because namor did not use his speed and flight , what a hypocrite roll eyes (sarcastic)

This coming from the guy who thinks Wolverine can win anything.

I say tie. I have no idea who would win.

snoopdogg
Regardless of everyones opinions on Wolverine he still beats the shit out of powerhouses on a consistant basis.

jinzin

And Namor didn't use speed or flight...did it look like he needed to? Thing doesn't have claws on his hands, does he?

But he COULD have, like he could have against Wolverine, but as you look at the images (which you still seemingly haven't...) he DIDN'T.

And here is a question for you...if Wolverine's healing factor is so amazing, why did it take him four days to grow his eye back?

uhhhh because he was in a prison that negated all his mutant powers INCLUDING his healing factors... he was tortured beaten and electrocuted before being tossed into solitary confinement and he was hit with enough volts to drop 20 elepahants apparently, AND he had to take drugs to help him survive the admantium poisioning that he endured which made him slow and weak... What the f**k?

maybe that's why. no expression

OneDumbG0
I always assumed Thing and Namor had equal strength. I also thought that if anything, Thing could maybe win out in a pure lifting contest. This is how I always thought of the tiers of strength in terms of strongmen:

Hulk

Thor-Classic Juggernaut

Hercules-Wonderman

Thing-Namor-Colossus

How off am I?

Accel
Regardless of everyones opinions on Wolverine he still beats the shit out of powerhouses on a consistant basis.
He doesn't really beat the shit out of them, just takes their punches and gets back up.

wolvertooth

dont change the subject we are not talking about wolverine here, so you say that namor wasnt avoiding things hits and was too slow because he didnt want to react? confused ...... sad ......you are a true retarded fanboy ... you actually say that namor did not use his feats and just wanted to get hurt? when capt it up mention this about wolverine everybody are laughing at him, but when the same thing mentioned about namor thats cool... only wolverine has healing factor so he just let himself get shot.... but what reasons does namor has to get hit by the thing? and his feet were touching water and even ben mentiobed that namor was so strong because his feet were in the water.... so basically a all mighty namor that has his powers like in the water couldnt avoid from geting hit 2 times by the thing? wolverine avoided things blaws and then stabed him, and for namor.... its the second fight that thing punch him , and by the way namor was real lame when he used that lighting strike after he got punched , and in invincible iron man #12 namors ass was kicked so badly in the water by some green alien and namor couldnt even react and avoid the hits...... the fact is that namor is an ok character but he is far from what you are trying to make him on those boards , people here are trying to make him superman level , so if the "speedster" namor cant avoid hits from the thing..... then he isnt going to avoid any punch from wolverine stick out tongue .... case closed namor lose stick out tongue

juggernaut66666
dont change the subject we are not talking about wolverine here, so you say that namor wasnt avoiding things hits and was too slow because he didnt want to react? confused ...... sad ......you are a true retarded fanboy ... you actually say that namor did not use his feats and just wanted to get hurt? when capt it up mention this about wolverine everybody are laughing at him, but when the same thing mentioned about namor thats cool... only wolverine has healing factor so he just let himself get shot.... but what reasons does namor has to get hit by the thing? and his feet were touching water and even ben mentiobed that namor was so strong because his feet were in the water.... so basically a all mighty namor that has his powers like in the water couldnt avoid from geting hit 2 times by the thing? wolverine avoided things blaws and then stabed him, and for namor.... its the second fight that thing punch him , and by the way namor was real lame when he used that lighting strike after he got punched , and in invincible iron man #12 namors ass was kicked so badly in the water by some green alien and namor couldnt even react and avoid the hits...... the fact is that namor is an ok character but he is far from what you are trying to make him on those boards , people here are trying to make him superman level , so if the "speedster" namor cant avoid hits from the thing..... then he isnt going to avoid any punch from wolverine stick out tongue .... case closed namor lose stick out tongue
Please leave this forum and never come back no expression

Soljer
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Please leave this forum and never come back no expression

No, rather;

Please, leave this forum, return, and then leave again. Only so that we may celebrate your departure twice.

Tha C-Master
We'll have to endure the disappointment of him returning though... big grin

wolvertooth

answer this retard namor fanboy... pathetic loser answer why did thing was able to punch him twice if he is so fast

Darth Martin
I believe Thing can eventually win if Namor would start to depower.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by jinzin
uhhhh because he was in a prison that negated all his mutant powers INCLUDING his healing factors... he was tortured beaten and electrocuted before being tossed into solitary confinement and he was hit with enough volts to drop 20 elepahants apparently, AND he had to take drugs to help him survive the admantium poisioning that he endured which made him slow and weak... What the f**k?

maybe that's why. no expression

Okay, why in Darkness/Wolverine he says that it takes him about 3 hours to grow his ear back?

*sigh*

How intriguing a fight would if Thing would not be able to hit Namor, Hulk would not be able to hit Wolverine, Batman would not be able to hit Superman, Captain Cold would not be able to Flash, Rhino would not be able to hit Spider-Man, Nightwing could not lay a hand on Deathstroke...all that happens so the fight would be funny to watch, retard.

That's why it's called PIS, idiot.

jinzin
Okay, why in Darkness/Wolverine he says that it takes him about 3 hours to grow his ear back?

wait is non canon useable now?

or is that only when wolverine has low end feats too?

capt it up

or is that only when wolverine has low end feats too?
that was cannon lol they talk about bother threr pasts and even show logan with bone claws.

DarkCrawler

Apparently it applied to him catching a bullet from air, so I logically thought that the low-end feat applies too...silly me.

That's just another Wolverine feat taken off from his list erm pretty cool one too...

guy222
namor

Tony Stark
Apparently it applied to him catching a bullet from air, so I logically thought that the low-end feat applies too...silly me.

That's just another Wolverine feat taken off from his list erm pretty cool one too...

laughing

That leaves only 73,542,698 B.S. wolverine feats left out there.

Even Reed is amazed with the severe improbability of the shit that Wolverine does which is called canon by his FANgirls.

wink

jrodslam
Namor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.