Psycho Mantis runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kamikz
Ok, psycho runs through these 10 different levels of opponents...

Warm ups.
1. Tommy Vercetti.
2. Meryl and EVA.
3. Legolas! stick out tongue

Normal battles.
4. Sam Fisher.
5. Young Ocelot.
6. Arthas (as a Paladin).

Hard battles.
7. 100 Navy Seals.
8. Yuri. (From Red Alert)
9. Gordon Freeman.
10. Samus Aran.

Where does he stop? Please explain each fight, and why you think he wins/loses...

Kaithen
Ill say 5, young ocelot smile

kamikz
Ok. Care to say why?

Kaithen
Wait, meryl and eva. I dont think he can controll 2 minds at once smile

kamikz
Well controlling minds isn't his only option you know. stick out tongue

He could easily take over Meryl and make her shoot EVA, or shoot them both with fire spells, lightning spells, or he could just make them blind with "blackout"....

Kaithen
Quote:
Please explain each fight, and why you think he wins/loses...

Haha!

Maybe your right. I dont think ocelot would take him either. Maybe yuri, could pshyco mantis be able to controll him?

kamikz
Hmm well that's why I made it, I don't really know who is the most powerful mind controller of them. Yuri could not take over the mind of people like Tanya or Boris, probably cause they were strong willed. Mantis could almost take over anyone. Mantis held the WHOLE Genome army under control with his mind alone. They would probably stalemate in that area, but Psycho could probably easily destroy Yuri's mind controller or kill him with spells. Or just disappear from Yuri's sight with his optic camoflauge...

Kaithen
Hmmm, yeah... Maybe yuri would be able to resist. But i dont know alot by Yuri, i just played Red alert along time ago.

kamikz
Yup, either way I think in a mind controlling contest they would stalemate, and Mantis does have his mask, which stops peoples thoughts from entering his mind, so I doubt he could be controlled anyway. He'd outdue him in combat...

kamikz
Sorry for double post. I just remembered that the Navy Seals and Legolas aren't in games, so Lana, if I need to change it, could you say so first, instead of closing the thread instantly?

MadMel
i reckon he'd stalemate at either yuri or samus..

Nikkolas
Well, he could easily deprive Samus of all her Gear. He does have TK, ya know.

IceJaw
She's protected by a shield and his TK isnt that powerfull rip the parts apart from eachother ermm

MadMel
awww sad...i wanted to start drooling....

IceJaw
laughing out loud

MadMel
laughing

Nikkolas
He's the most powerful practitioner of psychokinesis and telepathy in the world of MGS. He burned down a village when he was a teen and didn't even know how to manage his power. He's had yearsa dn years to harness and control that immense strength and yanking a weapon out of Samus' hands is the least of his worries.

MadMel
ok seriously..
samus' suit has technologies far beyound the mgs world blah blah and etc..
i think it would be hard for mantis to even rip off the gravity suit..

Swe_Bum
I think he stops at Gordon Freeman big grin Hes a Thought bastard!

Sam Z
Ok now, this is not serious. Mantis killed like 1000 people when he was a little kid and accidently. He can mind rape anyone on this list. Unless Ocelot manages to shoot him first, since he's very fast.

kamikz
I'd say he gets to either Gordon or Samus, they are kind of even with him, it'd be one hell of a fight though.
I don't think neither of them are actually immune to mind control, however, it is resistable though very hard. It is totally unknown what would happen if he tried, so I'm going to assume that they can repell it.....

Gordon does have an insta-kill with his upgraded gravity gun, so in that way he would win. However, he has nothing to see invisible people with, and Psycho Mantis can make himself invisible. So if he does that, he wins. He can also teleport and read his mind, he'd easily dodge almost every shot before fired....

Samus has one hell of a suit. No matter what, I doubt Mantis would have any way of getting through that tough shit. And since I've ignored the mind controll thing I he doesn't have most of his potential at use. However, he could spare some seconds by turning invisible, and teleporting around the room.
Also, a friend told me that Samus visor is controlled by a camera, or a power source of some sort, so that if someone jacked into her suit, her view would be disrupted. If this is true, Mantis could easily jack into that. Also, he can read her mind, so he will know when she is to fire her weapon, also, if she fires missiles or explosives or anything like that, he can destroy it instantly when it is fired (yup, he did that in MGS 1), meaning that it will only hurt Samus.
He can also make people temporarily blind, and take over their view, making them see through HIS eyes, making it damn hard for them to control their real body.

Samus would be one tough shit to get through. Unless he can slap her around in her suit or disable it somehow, I doubt he would win...

The-Judge
i dont know?smile

kamikz
Lol!

Well start to know then! stick out tongue

Burning thought
Gorden wins...you dont actually really have to see your enemies ro catch them with the Uber grav gun..you just fire in a rough direction and most people within an arc would be sucked in, one at a time..not just a guy in front, but also the grav gun shoots hyper sonic energy particles like a machinegun so dont sell that bit short too

kamikz
True, but Psycho would sense that he would pull the trigger and teleport behind him. He can set a whole village ablaze and fill a room with fire in seconds, take over minds and shoot lightning balls. He could slap his weapon out of his hands as well...

Kaithen
Samus? Hah, why would the energy shield protect her from mind controll. You know the Ign? They were able to disable her space jump, morph ball bombs etc.

Even some electronic monster, appering in the santrum forest (you know what i mean), were able to disable her visors.

And if you played Zero mission, you know that samus sucks without her suit, really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.