Lookie, Lookie What I Found!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

T.Maria
LOOKIE, LOOKIE WHAT FOUND!!!!!!!

I dont know if this is good or bad....

How do you create a sense of closure for Dead Man's Chest even though you have more story to tell in the third film?

Rossio: The closure comes from a resolution of the thematic argument of the film. While there may be some plot issues still dangling, as long as the film makes a definitive statement in terms of the emotional story of some of the characters, there's a sense of it being complete. Ideally (knock on wood).

Elliott: What's really interesting is -- if there was no sequel after this, if there was no third movie, with the basic emotional moments and what happens at the end of this one -- I would be comfortable having it go out . We would have resolved the plot of Davy Jones differently, but, in terms of what happens with Jack and Will and Elizabeth and the conclusion of our movie, I feel comfortable that it would work whether you had a sequel coming up or not.

http://www.csweb.ws/csdaily/trenches/07_07_06_RossioElliott.html

^^ the original source...

I cant tell whether this is good or bad for us J/E shippers....

GOOD: if this was the last film then Jack technically got the girl because she kissed him, she wanted him...

BAD: She chained him to the ship and let him die...

damnit all!

Jacky Sparrow
"You've spoken about the need to go someplace new with the characters. How are Will and Elizabeth's characters expanded for the sequels?

Rossio: There's an innocence to Will and Elizabeth in the first movie which is true for any romantic story -- that process of falling in love and coming together. So, naturally, in the second and third movies it has to get a little more sophisticated, a little more adult, where it's one thing to be in love but it's another one to actually get along, to communicate, to understand one another and to see whether or not each person has the same sort of moral compass. So it's, hopefully in its own way, just as romantic, but perhaps more mature. "

That's more interesting!!!

T.Maria
yeah!!

and to me that moral compass is starting to point in the anti W/E direction!

Jacky Sparrow
Yes, I thought exactly the same.

and that phrase is important too:

where it's one thing to be in love (with Will) but it's another one to actually get along, to communicate, to understand one another (Jack)

mmoviejunkie
Originally posted by Jacky Sparrow
"You've spoken about the need to go someplace new with the characters. How are Will and Elizabeth's characters expanded for the sequels?

Rossio: There's an innocence to Will and Elizabeth in the first movie which is true for any romantic story -- that process of falling in love and coming together. So, naturally, in the second and third movies it has to get a little more sophisticated, a little more adult, where it's one thing to be in love but it's another one to actually get along, to communicate, to understand one another and to see whether or not each person has the same sort of moral compass. So it's, hopefully in its own way, just as romantic, but perhaps more mature. "

yay!!
i like this-gives lots of hope for jack/liz

Jacky Sparrow
OMG how I wish that could come true!!!!!

Chiki Mina
oooooo thats very interesting!!! so what the writers are trying to say is that its one different to be in love but another is to have the same exact feelings for eachother and knowing what each wants. Liz loves will but isnt in love with him. They both cant seem to satisfy each others needs the problme is will is a lil stubborn and so is liz bc she thinks its wrong and should stick with will bc hes the only one who could love her...but is it enough..?

T.Maria
come on disney....just give us what we want!!

we're not asking for much....just some jack/elizabeth action!!!!

Chiki Mina
disney..just get dirty already lol give us some liz ajck dirty lovin scene lol. I have a feeling disney wont let us down..if they do im so gonna bring walt disney back to the tomb and whine to him about what they have done!!

Jacky Sparrow
no, i think it was a good comment, i think, like i said before...liz wanted to get kissed and be in love with someone, so she chooses will (better for her then norrington) but she hasn't realized the feelings about jack ...but i found it remarkable that jack figured it out very fast, that they are peas in a pod

Chiki Mina
aa jacky ur right!! score for jacky woo!!
at theat moment in the first movie she had no choice..either its norrie or young mr turner. At that moment she couldnt go "ill go with Jack" i think ppl would go "wtf" besides it wasnt the right time jack was in alot of trouble..so liz got "distracted" i guess its the only word i can come up with by Will. and eventually chose will over norrie

Jacky Sparrow
yeah, wasn't it clear??? he (norri) had proposed her...and she doesn't want him...so she took will

Chiki Mina
of course she had no choice at that moment. she was focused on Will but have never forgotten about jack. it was a hard time for her.

Jacky Sparrow
oh, yeah....i could make a fanfic out of it!!!!!!

LovelyOne
hmm well it basically says..she wants Jack but she chooses Will sad

but then thats not true because she wants to get jack BACK to her after she did that to him..

Chiki Mina
uhum
its all about brain vs heart..liz is so stubborn.

LovelyOne
aww man this is kinda givin me a bleak outlook on a jack/Liz possibility.. sad

that second one they suggest actualy points more towards Will?liz learning to understand eachother better..thanks disney you SUCK

that lst one actually suggests that they are going to stick together..rather than seperate...I think

Chiki Mina
again...im aint giving up. and im not gonna give up on disney either. I think they dont want to totally break will/liz..i think they want make sure will/liz stay together but not as couples but as friends/brotherly love kind of relationship.

LovelyOne
I hope so..

because the ending actually suggests that

Elizabeth belongs to jack..but chooses will

then she decides what she did was wrong and she wants Jack back with her..Its all she can think of

Will is just silent and accepts her wishes..whats more important to him now is his father

I have a feeling they are trying to trick us with what they are saying to be honest..most people would think "oh so its a Will/Liz thing" because she left Jack..but they completley ignore the emotions in that scene AND the last one where she wants Jack back more than anything..and al will cares about is his dad.

Chiki Mina
thats the scary part^^ Will is just silent and accepts it...Will gets too silent IMO and thats where he cooks up a vengeance boiling stu if u know what i mean..no expression

LovelyOne
exactly^^

but he also decides to go and get Jack back..but only for his dad..all Will cares about most is his dad at the very end..so i have a feeling this will be what he cares about most at the end of movie 3...

me thinks T&T are trying to decieve us a bit..by making it look as if they are pointing to a Will?liz thing..where "Liz chose will" so "thats how its going to end"

What people ignore are very emotions between Liz/Jack in that kiss scene and the one AFTER it..they COMPLETLEY show cthe opposite..She wants Jack more than ANYTHING..even Will

Jack clearly accepted that he wanted her in his life before the end

and Liz felt a bit iffy..she knows she wants him but thinks she should be with Will

only to reveal later that she wants JACK JACK JACK JACK!!!..and ONLY JACK..he is the ONLY man on her mind at the end

and all will wants is his DAD DAD DAD!!

and THATS how it ends..

so yeah ..it is a pretty closed ending..its not really open at all..

LovelyOne
actually this has JUST given me all the more hope for a Jack/Liz ending!! for sure..because each character ended in the movie with what they wanted MOST on their minds

Liz= JACK
Will = FATHER
Jack = ELIZABETH!!

This is pretty closed ended(like the writers say)..and this is how they will close end the 3rd me hopes!!! eek!

CaptinJackLover
i just realized sumthing.....Jack knew that Will would most likely find his father on the dutchman...so i was thinking thats the reason he sent will (besides he didnt want to die himslef but anyways..) If Will found his father the he would be happy.

AND if he was happy that he had his father then the splitting up of him and Liz woouldnt be as hard!

Jack knew he wanted Liz and by getting rid of Will by having him find his father Will would then not be AS sad as he wouldve if he had nobody left in his world.

And Jack probably knew Liz would wanted him and that there was a connection between them so he knew Liz wouldnt ignor ehim and not want him.

So Jack was basically just trying to make EVERYONE happy!

Chiki Mina
LMAO i love that JACK JACK JACK DAD DAD DAD lol. Ur right
Jack was proud to accept that he loves liz and "died" knowing taht he is diong this for liz and in the name of love(i know taht sounds so cheesy)
Liz think taht over time she'll forget jack and be back to normal how it should be. wedding, house, kids, WILL. And she thinks that shell love Will more than jack...but it all kinda back fired on the poor love strucked idiot. She misses jack and she definitely was sorry. She wanted more from him.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by Jacky Sparrow

Sorry guys....you guys know I want Jackand Liz more than anything...as you will notice in all my posts here and on other threads...but this quote is talking about Will and Liz...sounds to me like It's Will and Elizabeth that are going to develop into a more adult, mature relationship....
it looks bleak for jack and liz ending...especially after the thing i read that katelovespirates posted from Orlando Bloom....today is Sunday Bloody Sunday for me....all my hopes of a Jack/Liz ending have been squashed...and I may have to give this up because it is driving me crazy and has taken over my life...if I knew for sure it was Jack/Liz I think I could settle down and enjoy the wait...but now...I just can't take it anymore. I've never cared so much about the outcome of a movie before in my life...this is crazy. But, then again this was back on July 7th - and alot has changed...this was before they knew how the audience was going to react to Jack/Liz...me thinks perhaps they are scrambling to rewrite the ending...so they can make the billions and perhaps top Titanic,,,but honestly, the only Way AWE will top Titanic is to have a Jack/Liz pairing...to tell you guys the truth...I never saw POTC 1 in the theaters...I rented it...fell in love with it, then bought the DVD....what made me watch it was all the talk about Johnny Depp.....then when they were coming out with POTC 2 I was just excited about seeing Johnny as Jack again...I really didn't plan to go to the theatre to see it...I'm not much of a movie goer...I usually wait to just watch it home...but when I saw the premier and when Keira talked about kissing Johnny in the movie...I was like..hold on a minute...I've wanted that to happen ever since the rescue scene in POTC 1 - so that's what made me go to the movie to watch it...and every since July 17, 2006 my life has not been the same,seriously. I am obsessed and the only reason is the Jack/Liz pairing....i went back to see it four more times....i'd go more if i could, but I can't

Chiki Mina
what i think about the interview part:
The more adult mature romance thing i think what i means is that instead of just plane old flirting jack/liz that it would be more mature serious. And the adult part of will/liz could prob be Will being too hard on Liz of them having mayor conflicts

T.Maria
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
Sorry guys....you guys know I want Jackand Liz more than anything...as you will notice in all my posts here and on other threads...but this quote is talking about Will and Liz...sounds to me like It's Will and Elizabeth that are going to develop into a more adult, mature relationship....
it looks bleak for jack and liz ending...especially after the thing i read that katelovespirates posted from Orlando Bloom....today is Sunday Bloody Sunday for me....all my hopes of a Jack/Liz ending have been squashed...and I may have to give this up because it is driving me crazy and has taken over my life...if I knew for sure it was Jack/Liz I think I could settle down and enjoy the wait...but now...I just can't take it anymore. I've never cared so much about the outcome of a movie before in my life...this is crazy. But, then again this was back on July 7th - and alot has changed...this was before they knew how the audience was going to react to Jack/Liz...me thinks perhaps they are scrambling to rewrite the ending...so they can make the billions and perhaps top Titanic,,,but honestly, the only Way AWE will top Titanic is to have a Jack/Liz pairing...to tell you guys the truth...I never saw POTC 1 in the theaters...I rented it...fell in love with it, then bought the DVD....what made me watch it was all the talk about Johnny Depp.....then when they were coming out with POTC 2 I was just excited about seeing Johnny as Jack again...I really didn't plan to go to the theatre to see it...I'm not much of a movie goer...I usually wait to just watch it home...but when I saw the premier and when Keira talked about kissing Johnny in the movie...I was like..hold on a minute...I've wanted that to happen ever since the rescue scene in POTC 1 - so that's what made me go to the movie to watch it...and every since July 17, 2006 my life has not been the same,seriously. I am obsessed and the only reason is the Jack/Liz pairing....i went back to see it four more times....i'd go more if i could, but I can't

same here at the moment for me too, lovethemtigers sad

I want this pairing so much because it makes sense! i WANT to be optimistic....but i think im failing!

But the thing that would break my heart is if they had elizabeth CHOOSE between them in 3....and she chose will sad
I could live with it all if jack couldn't be bought, and stayed with his ship...id be disappointed, but i could accept it...

but i couldnt watch if she had to choose!

But i think elizabeth found herself with jack. He doesnt put up faulse pretences, so she didnt need to either. and that was what was so appealing about him...again, it is about freedom.

Ted and Terry once said that its about freedom; and allowing yourself to be free and how much freedom you really have with being a pirate...and what complications within relationships would bring into this.

I still think that they're going with what the majority want, and no one is going to know what that is until it gets closer to the film and then the spoilers start leaking...

Disney do the happy ever after thing at the end of the films...but remember ted and terry also wrote SHREK...

A princess and a Ogre...the princess was an ogre inside really....and at the end of the film she turned into one for the man she loved...

He was stubborn, and she was arrogant...and they were really on opposite polars....but then they started to get to know eachother....

Sorry....just realised the connection lmao!

Chiki Mina
...pppl dont fall come on!! theres so much facts we're letting our selves get kicked hard by a damn interview for ****s sakes. geesh. WE need to stop paying attention to these things im just gonna wait pirates 3 thats it! and the official trailer thats all im gonna wait i dont care about the damn intereview and damn ppl making shit up. im just gonna wait like a nice lil patient gurl..

CaptinJackLover
hahah u need to shill chiki mina....

Chiki Mina
ur right lol sorry. its just pisses me off on how ppl have nothing else to do over the internet and make stuff up. im still gonna believe in my theories and on everyones!! im not gonna give up on disney lol

calypso
Lovethemtigers I know what you are talking about. I have seen DMC 9 times and COTBP at least 70 times and all since the July 7th premiere. I saw COTBP at the theatre in 2003 once, but this Jack/Liz thing just took me away and so has this Captain Jack Sparrow and I am way too old to be this way... I have started putting the language of these movies into my daily speech and people are beginning to think I have lost it and I have a professional job so I really have to watch what I am doing... If this does not end with Jack/Liz then I will never see another Disney movie again...strong words from someone who grew up with Disney as Disney grew and raised my children on Disney...Still can't forgive them for Ol' Yeller though...You have to remember Johnny Depp did this movie(s) to leave a legacy for his children, because he has raised them on Disney movies...he may not want it to come down to him and Liz at the end...just a thought

LovelyOne
what did orlando bloom say in that interview?/

Chiki Mina
disney aint dumb..hopefully disney knows what they are doing. They cant risk the 3rd movie to go waaaayyy down when it should be at least higher than the 2nd. And they cant just make things back to their boring selves...uhg that would be so stupid hopefully disney wontdo anything stupid

LovelyOne
I agree this is getting to much..

You could look at what he says there as them being mature enough to END IT because they discover that they are too different to get along..moral compass and what not

Jack is actually starting to become a better man for Liz

and Will is getting worse..

and I'm still clinging onto hope with the key theory here

and the dog theory.

Chiki Mina
^^ im with u also! im not gonna give up..PERIOD!

Bwa Ha Ha
i know, will is just turning rotten

willofthewisp
"oooooo thats very interesting!!! so what the writers are trying to say is that its one different to be in love but another is to have the same exact feelings for eachother and knowing what each wants. Liz loves will but isnt in love with him. They both cant seem to satisfy each others needs the problme is will is a lil stubborn and so is liz bc she thinks its wrong and should stick with will bc hes the only one who could love her...but is it enough..?"-----------uh, someone else. Sorry!

This quote is only saying that it's very easy to fall in love, but you have to work to stay in love and make the relationship work. There are things like trust, and mutual wants, and a clear understanding of one another. So it is saying we've seen the puppy love between Will and Liz, and now we have to see if there is anything more between them. Cuz that puppy love wears off and if it's not backed by true love, then it's over.

Which makes me think Will and Liz are over. It is talking about them in that whole quote, but it's unclear as to whether they're saying, "it looks bad but we're going to fix it," or "Will and Liz are over."

Jacky Sparrow
yeah, that'S exactly what i think and even the moral compass think. in that case liz and jack are peas in a pod, aren't they?

T.Maria
the writers added the 'peas in the pod' for a reason..

they also added the 'We are alike...I and you, you and I...us' line for a reason aswell.

The writers added this because they WANT us to see the connection between these two characters, and they WANT us to want this relationship even though it is wrong (because shes with someone else...).

The writers want us to be in the same dilemma as Elizabeth, because she has choices to make in the third movie...they want us to have these discussions amongst ourselves...because that way, we talk about allsorts of theories and then at the end we begin to doubt ourselves anyway!

This is the only film trilogy i have ever seen where there is so much confusion and theory issues between the fans...and thats because the writers have done a wonderful job of crossng lines and making the impossible out to be possible.

And the writers will not leave us dry...even if they go down the elizabeth/will path, you know they are going to give us jack/elizabeth fans some kind of closure, because otherwise they would be bad writers!

However...i get the feeling that the writers like to make things as complicated as possible. they've already stated that in life people like the interesting side of things....the unexpected. I think this is what they are going to give us.

THEY KNOW Jack is the hero, whenever they have interviews it is JACK they talk about, and then how the other characters evolve around him.
The KNOW the elizabeth/jack relationship theory is out there because they have obviously thought about it themselves...And johnny depp has stated that the climax of the third film was a surprise for him...because he did not expect his character to go down that path.....

Johnny knows his character is deep...he knows his character is a little eccentric...but the one thing that no one thought the character of Jack Sparrow could have would be (as lovelyone states time and time again!) 'LOVE'.

We dont really know much about his past, and this is why this third film is important to the story. the past leads to who you are in the present.

I think the interview where ted and terry are talking about the fact that they could end the story of DMC there and feel comfortable is a BIG hint for good things of Elizabeth/Jack IMO.

So yeah she chained him to the mast...but before she did it she told him he was a good man...she kissed him...he told her she was a pirate. They completely swapped roles, which is why they are peas in a pod.

Jack HAD elizabeth at the end of the film, and will watched on in confusion. And jack also became the HERO....he did something good and reeped the rewards, just as Elizabeth said he secretly wanted.

If this was the end of the films (and there was no 3rd installment) i would have been happy with this ending...because jack got the girl, got the hero's exit....and elizabeth finally realised what it was she wanted .... freedom.

Ok ill stop speaking now smile

IM KEEPING THE FAITH!!!! smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmile

katelovespirate
Im with you, T Maria. lots of excellent points.

I totally agree with what you said about IF Jack and liz dont end up together, there will still be closure there. most likely, this closure is going to be hott. wink (lol) i didnt mean to make that an insinuation or anything, but we all just love when Jack and Liz get screentime, and to really get closure between the two of them (which will HAVE to happen in the tragic event they dont get together) means lots and lots of screen time for the two of them.

i'm still a bit wary of trusting all these interviews. its just impossible to know what the person was REALLY trying to say or not say.

its all just incredibly ambiguous. just like they want it to be... wink

im keeping the faith with you!!!

T.Maria
exactly katelovespirate,

the interviews NEVER say what we want them to say. they imply both sides of everything which is really confusing! ... i for one am starting to realise that the writers want us to be confused...because then its better when the film comes out because we go 'wow!' ...

ive got to say though, i think keira knightley would be just as disappointed as we will be, seems as though she likes the idea of jack/elizabeth too lol smile ...

The bad boy and the 'good' girl... that is usually the appeal. The writers know every cliche in the book, and im sure they know the cliche of disney aswell...

But...DISNEY are aware that Jack sells this movie...and im sure they are now aware of the chemistry between jack/elizabeth.....would they not think it would make them more money to make it a jack/elizabeth ending?????

Afteralll, it would deffinately be the better ending!

lovethemtigers
okay, after a good night's rest - again filled with dreams of this crazy Pirate Trilogy - I feel better. I'm not going to let these interviews and leaked scripts and rumors of people seeing the taping get me down...I'm going to stay positive and remember all the clues and symbolisms and theories that point to the writers wanting the audience to take notice of Jack/Elizabeth...and T. Maira you are right...Disney wouldn't have acted on this pairing if, they themselves, had not picked up on the obvious chemistry between jack and Liz...and the lack of chemistry between Will and LIz....

And again..as we've said so many times.....Why was the wedding interrupted???? BECAUSE FATE INTERVENED...THANK YOU LORD BECKETT FOR POINTING THIS OUT FOR US - that's the only good thing about this man...he is the first clue in this movie full of clues...that Jack and Liz are developing into a mature, adult relationship.....her relationship with Will is falling apart...her dress has sunk to the bottom of the sea - which equals that Her relationship with Will is also Sinking....

I'm sorry I was having a doubting day yesterday..I apologize to everyone....I JUST LOVE JACK AND LIZ TOGETHER SO MUCH....and I too would be happy if their was no POTC 3 -because in POTC 2 it ends with Jack getting the girl and they both realize their love for each other..and will has that hurt expression on his face....there is no way Disney can throw all these clues and symbolisms our way and then not follow up on them and continue to play them out in pOTC 3....

T.Maria
lovethemtigers your right, there are so many symbolisms in this movie that point to Jack/Liz

Ive still got the faith and i am going to KEEP it!!! smile

lovethemtigers
Hey read on OH Johnny that there are lots of scenes with Jack and Liz in chinese clothing...so,...maybe that means there are alot of scenes with jack and Liz....maybe that's those amazing shots that Orlando was refering to....

Liz looks great in her Chinese outfit...on OhJohnny.net

T.Maria
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
Hey read on OH Johnny that there are lots of scenes with Jack and Liz in chinese clothing...so,...maybe that means there are alot of scenes with jack and Liz....maybe that's those amazing shots that Orlando was refering to....

Liz looks great in her Chinese outfit...on OhJohnny.net

I like your thinking!!! yes, those could be the scenes he was referring to...asian scenes with background stuff...and they said the ending was bittersweet too..maybe torlando meant that the scenes with will/elizabeth were good because they were hard/tough/life changing and bittersweet ....

heres hoping!!!!!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

taurusbaby0509
my head is spinning... hahaha

willofthewisp
If I were a writer for it, or a director or an actor or anything, I wouldn't say a word, wouldn't do any interviews. What people imagine or think will happen is always much grander than what will, and think about the publicity by NOT saying a word.
Everyone would be like, "why are they keeping so quiet? Aren't they going to tell us any secrets or give us any cryptic hints?" Ha ha, everyone would be talking then. That's all these quotes are, publicity, but by not saying anything, it's going to build it up.
So my plan would be not to say anything and then to leak the script the night before it premiered and see where it goes. I can't wait for the trailer. We probably won't get any answers, just more questions, but the trailer will be something tangible, not all these stupid interviews.

LovelyOne
lovethemtigers they never actually said will/liz would end up together..they ust said they will mature. which could mean anything, they cuould mature and learn not to be together..look at my sig. They will perish if they stick together

Tia seems to know they wont be happy

so does bekett and Norrington seems to know where Liz's heart truly lies..

About the romantic thing they said "hopefuly"

its like we are gonna be wishing they will work out but they wont..because there are so many hints that they cant possibly be together and be happy

It honestly seems as if they are trying to point us one way Will/Liz but if you look at what they say properly and how the movie has played out so far..it actually points to Jack/Liz..

Chiki Mina
Ok again with the orlando interview!!
About the mature/adult relationship thing.
Im pretty sure mr bloom meant its more adult as in the break-up(probably) they would come into conclusion that they are having mayor problmes in their relationship and they are mature enough to understand that they cant satisfy eachothers needs. Problem is that i think Will rather see liz with any man other than Jack, a pirate.
And IMO i think thats the one thing he cant except(adult/mature situations)It gets difficult from here. And is prob also more adult that liz matures even more and prob wants to get serious with jack. Jack, despite his age or watever, hes also grown in a way and hes not so childish like he used to.

lovethemtigers
Yes, this is so true...there is just no way they can put will/liz together...It's just that, well for me, I just get so excited with every scene that jack and liz are in together, and to me that's what chemistry is all about...it's like when one scene is over, you can't wait for the next scene to see what will happen next...even in POTC 1, after the rescue scene...even though I knew it was a Will/Liz thing, I was like "man, I can't wait until she runs into jack sparrow again," I was so excitedwhen they got stranded on the island together, I kept thinking, Okay, this is when something is going to happen between these two...there was a connection, but nothing concrete, and then when he said those parting words before he jumps off the wall (acts like he fell)...."Elizabeth, he would never have worked between us, Darling, I'm sorry." Love those last lines, and then him singing the Pirate song that she taught him on the island, you just know he's thinking about her....especially now that in POTC 2 we know from the very beginning that Jack is vexed....and then we find out why...and his compass isn't working anymore...and then again we find out why...it's not until the scene between Jack and Liz loading the Pearl that we find out that the "compass points to the thing you want most in this world.".....

Okay so we got Beckett, Fate Intervenes, Tia tells us what vexes men most - a woman, Jack is vexed - so Mr. Gibbs informs us, he can't find the key or the chest because his compass isn't working for him, he hands over his trusty compass to Liz...he sends Will in search of the key, he flirts outrageously with Liz every chance he gets, he even proposes marraige - on a whim, he points out how much they are alike, he seems distressed when Will tells her Jack tricked him onto the Flying Dutchman (he knows Liz trusts him and he doesn't want to lose that trust), Norrington informs us that Liz wants Jack, the compass show us Liz wants Jack...and then Jack returns to the Pearl when he could have made it safely to land, Jack says the Pearl is only a ship, and then we have the sexy Kiss....

Now People on KTTC want us to believe that Jack did not come back to the Pearl Just because of Liz - they say it was for the Pearl and her crew, and that "she's only a ship mate" is insignificant!!!! I don't know how you can be a Pirates' fan and not realize what a big sacrifice this is for JACK SPARROW.....and they also say the compass is pointing to Will through Jack???? uh? I don't know where they get this from...I don't see Will anywhere around in those camera shots.....

Anyways....those are just my quick thoughts...ones' we have rehashed several times...I'm just trying to build back up my positive attitude and believe that the writers know and understand all about Chemistry and that's what it takes to make this next film successful...especially after having just topped the $1billion mark with DMC - and the Liz and Jack story having a lot to do with that success....Because of Jack...and people wanting Jack to be happy and have more great scenes with Liz...IMO

LovelyOne
agreed agreed AGREED!! you speak so much sense on here !! i love your posts

heres another post I made on a diff thread but it belongs here too:

Ted Elliot said that if there was no number 3..how movie 2 ended would be all the closure you need because of what we learned from each character in the movie..and from what we saw happen with them

so movie 3 is probably going to end the same way..

what did we learn and see in movie 2..how did it close?

Jack is deciding on having Liz in his life or not and in the end he DOES..he "desires her all the more" after what she did according to that little side note on the official DMC script..it makes him a STRONGER person because he chose her..

Liz is realizing that she has feelings for Jack but is afraid of them. she goes with her brain instead of her heart when she chains Jack up..but we see that she WANTS Jack BADLY.. VERY BADLY but she is denying herself him..and at the end..he is the ONLY thing she is thinking about having back in her life..she WANTS Jack sparrow more than anything and anyone..by the time the movie comes to a close.she decides to bring him back in her life..

Will is realizing that he has new obligations in life..his Father..he slowly starts to shift Liz aside..and by the end of it his FATHER is what is on his mind..despite seeing LIz do that to him..Its still all about his feelings and saving his dad..and he also shows a scary ANGRY side to him when he's thinking about Liz....the only reason he decides to get Jack back is because he wants his dad in his life..he wants the pearl to get him..

We also learn that Will/Liz is actually falling apart from the very offset .with marriage etc..they are not right for one another..the man who is right for her is Jack and it was made more than obvious by the end of the movie..Will/Liz end up EVEN FURTHER APART than how they started out!!

If it ended with PotC2 like ted said..we learn that liz is in fact a happier and stronger person with Jack sparrow in her life we learn that she is living out her childhood dream when it comes to Jack..and Will is more concerned with his father and is happier with him he's living out HIS childhood dream..and Jack is a much stronger person because he accepted Elizabeth and LOVE in his life..its probablt been his dream since movie 1..thats what its going to be about in movie 3 me thinks..

so yeah..the closure of movie 2 is obvious..Jack/Liz

Will/Dad/DAVY!! lol

Chiki Mina
Now People on KTTC want us to believe that Jack did not come back to the Pearl Just because of Liz - they say it was for the Pearl and her crew, and that "she's only a ship mate" is insignificant!!!! I don't know how you can be a Pirates' fan and not realize what a big sacrifice this is for JACK SPARROW.....and they also say the compass is pointing to Will through Jack???? uh? I don't know where they get this from...I don't see Will anywhere around in those camera shots.....
-lovethemigers

WHAT THE ****! Im telling u these KTTC ppl are such shit eaters. so the compass is pointing to will through jack...i think i know where they got this from..exactly from their ass. im pretty sure their asses and brains are switched. There was no will present at that time and if the compass was supposedly pointing to will through jack, then it must mean that will was standing exactly where jack was..!! understand what i mean. Thats just all bull.

this ppl try to make anything up they would probably rather predict that jack is gonna end up with beckette than jack ending up with liz. They are just scared bc they are seeing facts of jack/liz yet they are not LOOKING they are not revising..i call that ignorance if u ask me.

LovelyOne
LOL they said that Will does appear from where Jack was standing on the beach..YES he appears from around there like 2 hours after she looked at it laughing out loud after they have dug up the chest. etc..

stupid people...

why ADD this whole compass deal in just to say it was pointing to Will when ever we see it point at jack 3 times!!..STUPID PEOPLE lol

Chiki Mina
grrr..ignorrant foolds
it makes me pissed and happy at the same time.

Pissed bc these ppl are just so damn ignorant and try to put us down.
Happy bc it means that we are punching them hard with kick-ass theories!!

So must be making KTTC very nervous in order for them to TRY to piss us when it all backfires really and we piss at them even harder!! bc our theories are at least 98.9% accurate!!! and we go by facts not obsession of what WE WANT to believe!!

Jacky Sparrow
yeah, you're absolutely right! We have facts...I think they don't want to loose *their* hero (meaning William turner) ....but I hope we're right and can say later to them, that he were right!!!! That would be fun!!!

LovelyOne
on their poll for the "preferred relationship" Jack/Liz is winning at 70% over Will/Liz's 29%

200 people said Jack/Liz

84 said Will Liz..laughing out loud

its more than DOUBLE that want Jack/Liz..

Ok its now 206 V 86

Chiki Mina
LOOOL BOOYA!

their days are numbered!! on may 25 2007 im gonna go to KTTC and just laugh at them!!! Once its confirmed with the jack/liz relationship in the 3rd movie!! which it will bc our theories are so awesome!!

i will cyber spit on them lool

LovelyOne
LOL you make me laugh so much..

its hurtin ma nose when i laugh LOL!! (had an op on it) tee hee

Chiki Mina
lol im sorry if im making ur nose hurt lol
goof

T.Maria
Awww i think the ppl at KTTC are just hanging on by threads...

Denial is a safe place to be atm for everyone tho, i suspect.

I suspect the will/liz shippers have their own theories too, right? ...they might be a little 'out there' at times, but just like us they are scrabbling away and clinging to hope...

Much like we are IMO..only i think WE have the majority vote as to who liz should want.
We have ALOT of theories and they're all splendid...but the only reason we doubt it is because none of it is set in stone...
and also, because we are shippers we want the end to be J/E so desperately that we fear it going the other way!

Whereas if you ask the majority, i am very sure they would tell you that j/E have the chemistry (i have the proof of this from ALL of my friends and my BF, who are all indifferent to the films and enjoy them for the adventure) and therefore they should be the couple to win overall...

I truly believe it now and there is no going back!! smile

sailorleo
yeah b/c if you ask me i think their relationship is like the song from phantom of the opera...past the point of no return

Chiki Mina
well...i have never seen that movie lol BUT!! im sure the liz/will shippers have reasons but IMO i think are not good enough.

sailorleo
THE POINT OF NO RETURN

PHANTOM:
You have come here in pursuit of your deepest urge,
In pursuit of that wish, which till now has been silent, silent...

I have brought you, that our passions may fuse and merge
In your mind you've already succumbed to me,
Dropped all defenses, completely succumbed to me
Now you are here with me, no second thoughts, you've decided, decided...

Past the point of no return, no backward glances
Our games of make believe are at an end
Past all thought of "if" and "when," no use resisting
Abandon thoughts, and let the dream descend
What raging fire shall flood the soul? What rich desire unlock its door?
What sweet seduction lies before us?

Past the point of no return, the final threshold
What warm, unspoken secrets will we learn?
Beyond the point of no return...

CHRISTINE:
You have brought me to that moment where words run dry,
To that moment where speech disappears into silence, silence...

I have come here, hardly knowing the reason why
In my mind, I've already imagined our bodies entwining,
Defenceless and silent, and now I am here with you
No second thoughts, I've decided, decided...

Past the point of no return, no going back now
Our passion play has now, at last, begun
Past all thought of right or wrong, one final question
How long should we two wait, before we're one?
When will the blood begin to race, the sleeping bud burst into bloom?
When will the flames, at last, consume us?

Past the point of no return, the final threshold
The bridge is crossed, so stand and watch it burn
We've passed the point of no return...

PHANTOM:
Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime
Lead me, save me from my solitude
Say you want me with you, here beside you
Anywhere you go let me go too
Christine, that's all I ask of...

here are the lyrics they're pretty hot

Chiki Mina
so its sort off like a romeo and juliette thing huh lol
serenade

LovelyOne
LOL you made me laugh again ow!^^^ Chiki Mina

and the lyrics are pretty hot..thanks for posting them

sailorleo
well it doesn't end well for them as a couple....christie leaves the phantom for raoul....(raoul...im sorry to say is like will)

Chiki Mina
LMAO sorrrry

LovelyOne
Originally posted by sailorleo
well it doesn't end well for them as a couple....christie leaves the phantom for raoul....(raoul...im sorry to say is like will)

well people went into that movie knowing that would happen..people went into romeo and julliet knowing how it ends (book/play)

people went into titanic knowing it ends on a downer for the characters so it actually softens the blow for them...(history)

PotC?? no one knows..they want Jack to be happy..and are expecting him to be happy...it would piss a lot of people off if Jack had his heart ripped out and stamped on..especially if no one was expecting it like they were with phantom and romeo/juliet etc

there's nothing there to soften the blow..

T.Maria
someone quick!!

think of some of the films (besides shrek) that the writers have done!

sailorleo
legend of zorro mask of zorro treasur planet small soldiers godzilla ALADDIN!

LovelyOne
Ted elliot did the mask of Zorro

aladdin

ALL storys where the rogue gets the princess

LovelyOne
the road to el dorado??? what happens in that one?

Chiki Mina
i dunno where the hell el dorado ends but yea now that i come to think about it aladdin!! princess wanted freedom just like liz and aladdin is suppose to be a street rat as jack a pirate/scallywag however u spell it..oooo now my hopes are even higher!! OO IM IN HEAVEN!!

T.Maria
right then....a challenge for anyone who has the time...

Think of some of these films and see if ANY of them identify with POTC...its a good way of seeing how the writers work .... which could be good for us shippers lol smile

Chiki Mina, your right about aladdin!!!!!!!
Scallywag gets the girl....

Jacky Sparrow
i would do so, but i don't know all these films blushing

T.Maria
lol smile

No worries Jacky Sparrow...although the road to eldorado is VERY interesting....

does anyone know what the plot is about?

i think its about 2 male friends who go on the hunt for treasure?? (am i right??) and then theres a woman involved...right?? somewhere??

Chiki Mina
yea sexy scallywag gets me-err i mean the girl..(damnsneaky2) oh and jacky u should buy aladdin its so great especially the first the second and third...uh..well....why spoil the surprise hehenosweat

LovelyOne
OK WHAT THE HECK!! I just went back to KTTC and where it once said 206 votes for Jack..now its 203 mad

what the??

someone screwing around with the results?

the site just stopped working for a few mins..I go back and the results have been tampered with mad

I'm going to keep my eye on that!!..I'm gonna take a screencap of it and if tha happens again..im gonna complain lol

LovelyOne
get over there and vote guys!!

http://forums.keeptothecode.com//viewtopic.php?t=6182

T.Maria
ooooh!

A nasty little W/E shipper must have tried to saboutage the results!

Honestly, they'll do anything to keep their ship a float...even go into battle with ours...

But it you think of it in the size of followers that each 'ship has...

Us Jack and elizabeth shippers are sailing along in the titanic...and the will and elizabeth shippers are lagging behind in a dingey smile

Chiki Mina
ok my ass is already there!! and im so gonna shit on them!!

LovelyOne
the titanic did sink though lol..cuz of a tiny iceberg..

we are moving along like..like...the DUTCHMAN!! lol

Chiki Mina
OMG!!! We are worst than the kraken-worst than davey!! We are swallowing them whole and then we could spit them back out!!
...gosh im so violent lol

T.Maria
oh yes! so it did...ok that was not a good example...

Yes, the dutchman sounds about right smile

we need to convert these will and elizabeth shippers...if they jump ship now they wont be called traitors...it will only b after the 3rd movie is out that there is no going bak lol

Chiki Mina
lol we are sinking their ship heheee
but its bc ignorrance really doesnt pay off

T.Maria
put it this way;

if the Will/elizabeth thing stays...

i will eat my own ship..you can hold me to that smile

ivebeendepped43
lol ok

Chiki Mina
ok im so sure about the jack/liz thing that im willing to appoligize to KTTC..um..first i will practice lool then medatate THEN appoligize lool

ivebeendepped43
NO dont give in to kTTC. they r never right and never will b!!!

Chiki Mina
nooo i wont!!
in fact i think they should come here and appoligize lol
but i really dont care about them they can piss off for all i care lol as long as we have our theories..yup we're goodkicking

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.