Mr. Fantastic v.s. Plastic Man v.s. Elongated Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JWangSDC
PM?

The King of All
plastic man

snoopdogg
Plastic Man

DigiMark007
Not sure how powerful Elongated Man is, but between Reed and Plastic Man, the two opinions above me state it well.

Scoobless
Reed, he knows enough about stretchy guys to know their weakness .... their powers are all so similar i gotta go with the smartest guy in the bunch

snoopdogg
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Not sure how powerful Elongated Man is, but between Reed and Plastic Man, the two opinions above me state it well. Your opinion is definately much better. wink

Well put.

TheKahn
This is a test of their stretchability. You have Superman on one arm and the Savage Hulk on the other. Both start pulling like hell, who snaps first?

Scoobless
i think Elongated man would snap first

ZephroCarnelian
Plastic Man would win. Reed next. Then EM.

roughrider
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Plastic Man would win. Reed next. Then EM.

Ditto. yes

DigiMark007
Plastic Man has more control over himself, but we don't really know about his overall stretching length. Backed by actual evidence, I think Reed has stretched the furthest (about 2 miles) but I'd be inclined to side with PM too.

Wynndar
When Franklin evolved the F4's powers Reed could stretch into space and grab a starship out of orbit.

DigiMark007
Was that cannon though? And did it last, or did they eventually revert back to normal? Because I doubt PM could stretch into orbit (though it might be possible).

Wynndar
It was cannon...but it also got the attention of Roma, Galactus, and Eternity. He went back to normal afterward. But it demonstrates how each FF character has the potential to evolve to higher levels.

DigiMark007
Oh...ok, cool. It might still be Reed winning this thread though. He can't turn himself into a toilet and flush someone down himself (which is why he'll never be as cool as PM) but he might stretch just as far. But Elongated Man is definitely the odd man out.

Sentry
The thought of this match reminded me of that crappy movie Anacondas Blood Orchid... "Shudder"

jesserw21
who wins?

ZephroCarnelian
Plastic Man.

Very very easily.

spetznaz
Originally posted by jesserw21
who wins?

Plastic man is leagues beyond both Reed and Elongated Man. He can do far more than simply stretch.
(I am assuming this is a physical match).

Wynndar
Even if it were purely physical Im not sure how plastic man is going to KO either of the others. If ur considering Reed's mind in this fight then he easily wins IMO.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Wynndar
Even if it were purely physical Im not sure how plastic man is going to KO either of the others. If ur considering Reed's mind in this fight then he easily wins IMO.

Obviously if one adds Reed's mind into the fight then suddenly you have super-genius who can invent some whirly-jig that can disassemble matter, create black holes, and steam coffee grounds at the same time.

However in a physical match Reed, and the Elongated Man, are largely limited to feats of stretching and size (basically stretch feats).
Plastic Man on the other hand is a true morpher. He just doesn't stretch but can truly 'shapeshift' (actually more than that since he can turn into inanimate objects, eg he has turned into a ball, a car, a glider, and once even into an entire room). The only caveat in his powers is that he keeps his silly red and yellow colors. However when it comes to abilities the dude is basically like a Tom-N-Jerry toon .....he does some insane stunts.
In terms of physical ability PM is honestly beyond anything Reed and/or Elongated Man can do.
And by far.

Wynndar
Yea I understand...but he cant win by turning into a car and running him over...cant "ball" or "moon" him to death. So in a fight where one considers the entire scope of all these characters Reed wins...otherwise its a non-fight.

Scoobless
this match never gets past the first page

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=356454&highlight=mr+fantastic+plastic+elongated

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=364920&highlight=mr+fantastic+plastic+elongated

ZephroCarnelian
You're not grasping the stupidity of his powers, Wynndar! lol.

He could turn into a giant red and yellow can of spray paint, spray them in the eyes so they're blind, then as they stumble about, he turns into a catapult and fires them into the sea, lol.

big grin

Maybe, maybe not.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Wynndar
Yea I understand...but he cant win by turning into a car and running him over...cant "ball" or "moon" him to death. So in a fight where one considers the entire scope of all these characters Reed wins...otherwise its a non-fight.

In one case he simply turned into a room (basically enveloped the entire room by spreading himself perfectly over it, including furniture and stuff) and simply enveloped the foe.
Basically Plastic Man is like mr mxyzptlk ....in that he is a cartoon within a comic, and packs some extremely ridiculous powers. By cartoon I mean the Tom-N-Jerry type.

Oh ....and one more thing (since you claim that PM is not a contender). In JLA:Trial by Fire, when Martian Manhunter basically went evil and turned into The Burning, and was basically about to destroy the world.
Who stopped him?
Superman tried, but was soundly (and easily) defeated.
Green Lantern tried, and was thrashed.
And then Green Lantern brought in the Guardians of Oa, but they couldn't do a darn thing.
MM even went after a bunch of White Martians ....and slew the bunch.
He used telepathy to reach all around the world, making the governments with nuclear weapons launch them.
The entire JLA couldn't do nada.

Only one person could stop him, and only one person did.

Plastic man.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by spetznaz
Oh ....and one more thing (since you claim that PM is not a contender). In JLA:Trial by Fire, when Martian Manhunter basically went evil and turned into The Burning, and was basically about to destroy the world.
Who stopped him?
Superman tried, but was soundly (and easily) defeated.
Green Lantern tried, and was thrashed.
And then Green Lantern brought in the Guardians of Oa, but they couldn't do a darn thing.
MM even went after a bunch of White Martians ....and slew the bunch.
He used telepathy to reach all around the world, making the governments with nuclear weapons launch them.
The entire JLA couldn't do nada.

Only one person could stop him, and only one person did.

Plastic man.

So.... basically you're saying Plastic Man can beat Martian Manhunter.

Draco69
Not necessarily. The Burning was only matching him in strength and shapeshifting. He certainly didn't employ speed, Martian vision, etc.

ImmortalOne
PM !!!

nimbus006
Reed always has something up his sleeve and he is way to quick of a thinker, you have to believe he will come up with an answer for these guys. IMO Reed not sure tho.

spetznaz
Originally posted by K Von Doom
So.... basically you're saying Plastic Man can beat Martian Manhunter.

Nope.
All I am saying is that he was the only person who could even get close enough to the Burning to allow Jjon to fight free from within (some weired-out split personality thing). Everyone else, including the guardians and the JLA, couldn't do squat.

Redatom65
who wins this out of the strechers

backspace
plasticman

batdude123
Plastic Man for the win.

Psyquis52
Plastic man

marvelprince
Reed Richards. Come on. Plastic Man? Reed traps them all the negative zone

Broly92
No way
Elongated Man wins stick out tongue

batdude123
Originally posted by marvelprince
Reed Richards. Come on. Plastic Man? Reed traps them all the negative zone

What the f**k? Plastic Man.

Whittdawg92
Fantastic doesn't even need any powers to win this fight, he's got brains.

batdude123
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
Fantastic doesn't even need any powers to win this fight, he's got brains.

He has brains but he doesn't have prep. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Whittdawg92
prep time isn't necessary for Reed. he isn't called Mr. FANTASTIC for nothing. smile

batdude123
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
prep time isn't necessary for Reed. he isn't called Mr. FANTASTIC for nothing. smile

So basically your argument is: "He wins because he's Mr. Fantastic." roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please, I could just as easily say that Plastic Man wins because he's Plastic Man.

Redatom65
what about elongated man............. lol

batdude123
Nah, the guy smells like pee. stick out tongue

Redatom65
u would know lol

batdude123
HA HA!!!! WHOO!!!!! no expression

marvelprince
Originally posted by batdude123
So basically your argument is: "He wins because he's Mr. Fantastic." roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please, I could just as easily say that Plastic Man wins because he's Plastic Man.

He doesn't need prep. He usually has a convenient little device stored in a pocket somewhere

batdude123
He doesn't need prep. He usually has a convenient little device stored in a pocket somewhere

And what does he have stored in his pocket? What the f**k?

marvelprince
Dude its Reed Richards. I'm sure its not chap-stick

xmarksthespot
And what does he have stored in his pocket? What the f**k? Originally posted by marvelprince
Dude its Reed Richards. I'm sure its not chap-stick Is that chap-stick in your pocket or are you just happy to see me...

Not very impressive for a man who has the power to stretch.

batdude123
Dude its Reed Richards. I'm sure its not chap-stick

*sigh* Speculation. roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Is that chap-stick in your pocket or are you just happy to see me...

Not very impressive for a man who has the power to stretch.

eek! laughing laughing out loud

marvelprince
*sigh* Speculation. roll eyes (sarcastic)

This isn't to sound mean or anything, but do you read fantastic four. I don't have issues in front of me but there have been countless times he's pulled out crap like rays and wormhole generators. Heck, Spidey even made a comment in a issue where he wonders how he can get pockets like Reed's to hold crap like that

batdude123
This isn't to sound mean or anything, but do you read fantastic four. I don't have issues in front of me but there have been countless times he's pulled out crap like rays and wormhole generators. Heck, Spidey even made a comment in a issue where he wonders how he can get pockets like Reed's to hold crap like that

Yes, actually I do have plenty of FF comics. However, that doesn't change the fact that your arguement is based on if Reed were to pull crap out of his pocket. Like it would do anything to PM anyway. We're talking about a guy that posed as a distraction to FERNUS for about eight pages.

marvelprince
And I thought that was very cute at the time, but battle field removal or containment will easily take care of Plas. Not to mention he sceptible he is to freezing

batdude123
And I thought that was very cute at the time, but battle field removal or containment will easily take care of Plas. Not to mention he sceptible he is to freezing

And yet, he reconstitutes in seconds. Not only that, having a "BFR" tool in his pocket would hint at the fact that he has prep for this fight, and he doesn't. He also doesn't usually carry around those kinds of instruments with him. So basically, Reeds in a fruitless situation here.

marvelprince
And yet, he reconstitutes in seconds. Not only that, having a "BFR" tool in his pocket would hint at the fact that he has prep for this fight, and he doesn't. He also doesn't usually carry around those kinds of instruments with him. So basically, Reeds in a fruitless situation here.

But thats my point. In his pockets he carries crap like that around so if he had something lke that in the fight it wouldn't qualify as prep, kinda like Bats utility belt. And come on, when does Reed not have a very convenient gadget lying around

batdude123
But thats my point. In his pockets he carries crap like that around so if he had something lke that in the fight it wouldn't qualify as prep, kinda like Bats utility belt. And come on, when does Reed not have a very convenient gadget lying around

When he fights monsters, he usually preps and picks out what gadget would do the trick, but he doesn't have it on normally as a part of his arsenal. On normal circumstances, he uses his stretching powers, and that's why Reed would get pwned because PM is at least 10x better at that than Reed is. I seriously doubt that he would have something in his pocket that would hurt PM. PM has taken stuff and reconstituted in seconds that would make Reed's head spin. messed Read certainly doesn't carry around a BFR gadget with him, if he did, then what the hell would be the point of fighting? confused No, I'm sorry but Reed goes down hard on this one, and same with Elongated Man. They simply cannot compete with a guy that was fighting with Fernus for eight solid pages.

Psyquis52
When he fights monsters, he usually preps and picks out what gadget would do the trick, but he doesn't have it on normally as a part of his arsenal. On normal circumstances, he uses his stretching powers, and that's why Reed would get pwned because PM is at least 10x better at that than Reed is. I seriously doubt that he would have something in his pocket that would hurt PM. PM has taken stuff and reconstituted in seconds that would make Reed's head spin. messed Read certainly doesn't carry around a BFR gadget with him, if he did, then what the hell would be the point of fighting? confused No, I'm sorry but Reed goes down hard on this one, and same with Elongated Man. They simply cannot compete with a guy that was fighting with Fernus for eight solid pages.

That and PM is @#$%ing insane!

marvelprince

He doesn't do it all the time cause Reed isn't the kind of person to dump someone in another without a thought, not cause he doesn't have the means. Plas may have held Fernus for a while, but he didn't beat him. Reed has done some amazing stuff by stretching too, like giving himself mental powers by stretching his brain not to mention that he's a freaking genuis. He could probably come up with a way to take out Plas in the middle of the fight

batdude123
He doesn't do it all the time cause Reed isn't the kind of person to dump someone in another without a thought, not cause he doesn't have the means. Plas may have held Fernus for a while, but he didn't beat him. Reed has done some amazing stuff by stretching too, like giving himself mental powers by stretching his brain not to mention that he's a freaking genuis. He could probably come up with a way to take out Plas in the middle of the fight

Not really, Plastic Man has been shown to stretch around the entire world. There's really nothing Reed could do to him without prep. Besides that, you're entire argument is based on speculation. You're right, Plastic Man didn't beat Fernus, but then again neither did any of the other JLA members. They were his only hope at distracting him. cool Anything Reed can do, Plastic Man can do better, power wise that is.

Draco69
Doubtful. You're ASSUMING that Reed has "some sort of gadget, I don't know, it's SOMETHING" powerful enough to defeat Plastic Man.

Which is foolhardy. And it's invalid in forum rules.

I can assume Superman carries Kryptonian tech to defeat Magneto (and he does use it several times in his comic). I don't know WHAT it is but it's something, right? Right....

Reed won't be able to think of something. He'd be too busy fending off a person with comparable stretching skills AND a person who can turn into anything he damn pleases. Read the rules.

"Reed will think of SOMETHING" is a cliched and broken tactic that's simply invalid on KMC forums.

marvelprince
Ok, since everyone likes to be specific, Reed using the electronics in his suit links up to his computers in Baxter Building to get some of his robots on the scene. Or even better he could stretch his brain enough to give him telepathic powers which he could use to shut down PM's mind

xmarksthespot
Ok, since everyone likes to be specific, Reed using the electronics in his suit links up to his computers in Baxter Building to get some of his robots on the scene. Or even better he could stretch his brain enough to give him telepathic powers which he could use to shut down PM's mind No. smile

marvelprince
No. smile

And would we mind sharing why? He's done the thing with his mind before so thats possible unless I missed something about Plas

xmarksthespot
For one thing Plastic Man is completely immune to telepathy.

For another, just no. smile

marvelprince
For one thing Plastic Man is completely immune to telepathy.

For another, just no. smile

Didn't know he was immune to telepathy. Where was this stated? I thought he used telepathy of some kind to make himself forget he was Plastic Man right before the whole Fernus debacle

galan7777777
30 mins of prep, they are all bloodlusted, fight takes place in NYC, and they start at 100 feet from each other.......who wins?

marvelprince
W/ prep Reed wins. Plas and Elon get introduced to the negative zone

galan7777777
W/ prep Reed wins. Plas and Elon get introduced to the negative zone lol true

Endrict Nuul
Blood lust is on

Couldn't find this.

Who wins?

batdude123
Plastic Man.

Deathstroke
Another fight with Plastic Man in it. Sweet.

Plas wins.

DigiMark007
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=421108& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Plastic+Man%29+forumid%3A

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=376331&highlight=title%3A%28Plastic+Man+vs.+Elongated+Man%29+forumid%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=364920&highlight=title%3A%28Plastic+Man+vs.+Elongated+Man%29+forumid%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=356454&highlight=title%3A%28Plastic+Man+vs.+Elongated+Man%29+forumid%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=319486&highlight=title%3A%28Plastic+Man+vs.+Elongated+Man%29+forumid%3A77

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=424558& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Plastic+Man%29+forumid%3A

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=426034& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Plastic+Man%29+forumid%3A

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=467100& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Plastic+Man%29+forumid%3A

lol

...anyone can do it kids.

batdude123
laughing

Endrict Nuul
Well if it works, than sure....

suprmanvsbatman
Plas wins. It would be a visually amusing fight lol

Endrict Nuul
Please lock this.....

jamond1
plasticman? Mr fantastic? elongated man?.......any....

who can stretch furthest?

how fast can they stretch? like how long does it take to touch the moon

Jonah Hex
RICHARDS

Galan007
Plastic Man.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Galan007
Plastic Man.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Galan007
Plastic Man. no contest

jamond1
any info about how quickly plastic man can stretch?

fast enough to make a bullet punch

wammamram
that one strechy guy

Badabing
Been done several times. Merging.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.