just a thought...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-savvychick-
ok, we all know that will has wanted to see his dad since the beginning of the first movie, and in the first movie we thought he was dead. so what was the point of introducing him in the second if they wanted a will/liz ending, because it would take away from the relationship instead of adding to it.

if they were trying for a jack/liz ending, then introducing will's dad would make more sense, so at the end of the trilogy, we have everyone happy, whereas if they give will his dad, and elizabeth, that leaves jack with nothing, and will with everything, making will really happy, but jack not happy at all.

i hope that made sense, but hey, i tried!smile

ivebeendepped43
it made perfect sense, and i totally agree! why should Will get everything he wants and not Jack! JAck deserves it more! hes 10x...........no 1000,000x ssexxier!!

Captain's Wench
Well i do agree, but I think liz can go either way! Jack would be happy with liz, but Jack was incredibly happy at the end of the first film with just his crew and ship. If you notice Will doesn't really have the best relationship with his dad...plus he's already dead so wouldn't Will just want to set his soul free?

Jacky Sparrow
No, I think like we said, the characters are changing and I don't think that Jack would be happy at the end with only his pearl and the crew! and Will wanted to know his dad not only to find him and free his soul. why else would he come to the Caribbean and try to find his father???? (why haven't they Will let drown, instead of rescuing him?)

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Captain's Wench
Well i do agree, but I think liz can go either way! Jack would be happy with liz, but Jack was incredibly happy at the end of the first film with just his crew and ship. If you notice Will doesn't really have the best relationship with his dad...plus he's already dead so wouldn't Will just want to set his soul free?

i would STRONGLY disagree there..Jack as a man wasn't happy in movie 1..the most telling moment of his character (according to johnny and he writers) was the beach scene..and also how the dog/Jack(in both movies) reacted when it came to accepting love..he wants it from one person but is terrified to take..(in movie 1 that is)

when you took away his material things..everything...is hat his ship his rum you basically saw a man who had absolutley nothing in his life to live for except those very objects..its a really unhealty way to live..he was living like a druggie or an alcoholic..material things were the short term fix to feel confident and brave..you take that way from him..and you see him react the way a druggie.alcoholoc would if their heroine or booze had been taken away..which is a bumbling, shaking idiot who cant even speak properly..he almost murdered the person who ripped his quick fix away from him....

movie 2 showed us how much Liz had got to him..right from the very beginning he was thinking about her.and he slowly started to let his material thigs go..he became so brave and so confident and its all because he believes he has her in his life to protect..he's going through rehab basically..she is the long term answer for his bravery/confidence..and if Liz gets dangled in front of him and then ripped away from him I think its gonna be so very cruel for him.,,he'll probably "perish" like bekett said in my sig:

"Jack must find his place in the new world or perish. Not unlike you, Mister Turner. You and
your fiancée face the hangman's noose." - Beckett

Pretty grim for Will/Liz if they stick together too ay?? laughing out loud

Will has basically wanted his dad since before he even met Elizabeth..at first he was wary of him but he realized that his dad stepped in and whipped him because the OTHER man would have hurt him a WHOLE lot more..his dad stepped in to save him again..and Will basically makes a promise to free him..suddenly Liz takes a backseat in his life

If Will had his dad dangled infront of him and then ripped away from him..I think that would be the crulest thing for him to endure

Elizabeth has wanted to be with a pirate since before she even met Will..she's begun to live the way she's always wanted..she's free..there were numerous hits in the movie that she's not actualy interested in marriage..and her old way of life...she's more interested in sex..which is very piratey lol...She did have to rip Jack away from herself becuase Will was there to stop her being happy..and you can actually see how much it HURT her when he was gone..its was a cruel way to end it for her too..

Captain's Wench
haha thanks guys, you are absolutely right! I actually contradict my theories in that one statement! in other threads I've said that the characters are changing! Man school knocks your senses around haha. I'm so for the jack/liz movement!!!!

BUT I still don't think that Will will have his father in the end to balance him out. I dont know why but that doesn't sit right with me. I mean yes Will would love to set his fathers soul free from Davey Jones, but then what? Watch the love of his life sail away with his best friend...there's got to be more to his happy ending dont you think? I think another girl for Will would be great, but to replace liz...eh I dont know. I just don't know how Will is going to find his happy ending!

Maybe he'll die a heroic death....new possibility in my mind!

*hopefully that wont happen*

Jacky Sparrow
Originally posted by Captain's Wench
haha thanks guys, you are absolutely right! I actually contradict my theories in that one statement! in other threads I've said that the characters are changing! Man school knocks your senses around haha. I'm so for the jack/liz movement!!!!

BUT I still don't think that Will will have his father in the end to balance him out. I dont know why but that doesn't sit right with me. I mean yes Will would love to set his fathers soul free from Davey Jones, but then what? Watch the love of his life sail away with his best friend...there's got to be more to his happy ending dont you think? I think another girl for Will would be great, but to replace liz...eh I dont know. I just don't know how Will is going to find his happy ending!

Maybe he'll die a heroic death....new possibility in my mind!

*hopefully that wont happen*

Oh, if it happens: the *poor* people on KTTC won't survive it too wink

Captain's Wench
haha, but I mean really, what will happen to Will if Jack gets the girl?

Jacky Sparrow
i don't care!!! he could become governour and find a new girl

Chiki Mina
i just really hopw will and jack just shake hands u know make a truce or something. they both work so well together jack with his witts and brains will with his strength and physical abilities. I just hope Will understands.

Im sure Will wil find the exact gurl for him!!! ME!! lool jk

Captain's Wench
DUDE!!! I just remembered...a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong
time ago when the first movie just came out I married Will on this forum!! other girls had jack and johnny and orlando....but I claimed Will and we had a HUGE party when we all married our men and had lots of rum...everyone on KMC was merry at the pirate wedding...LMAO wow good times!

Jacky Sparrow
really??? i''m not long aboard!! wink

Captain's Wench
haha if you can find umm...the pirate party thread...our whole soap opera is on there...hilarious!!!

Chiki Mina
lool damn!! wihs i was in those good times lol

Captain's Wench
I had a monkey named Elizabeth Taylor and he...yes he...and he hated me and loved me at the same time! haha

Jacky Sparrow
nice!!! and then???

Captain's Wench
Um I remember one time me and one of my mates Shoinkness got blasted to Mars...with my hubby Will and I belliiiive she was married to Jack...yeah so we were all there! OH and her monkey was there with mine!!

Chiki Mina
o-ma-gosh

Captain's Wench
ahh I miss ET...haha thats what my monkeys nickname was!

*ET pokes his head out of the bushes*

ET: please dont let her bloody find me...

ivebeendepped43
ET?

Chiki Mina
ET= Elizabeth Taylor not ET the alien dude with the flying bycicle and the finger or watever it was lol hopefully it was a finger

Captain's Wench
lol twas a finger!!!

*ET comes out*

ET: "I believe the details about me have been previously posted....learn to read ya scalleywag!"

*grabs ET by the tail*

Me: "You be nice Elizabeth or else your going in with the Kraken!!!"

ET: *rolls eyes* "Anythings better than you love"

Sorry ivebeendepped, he has anger issues.

ivebeendepped43
oohh that makes more sense!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.