Dooku died around 32 yrs BBY

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Archangelysses
One thing that I am actually becoming tired of is the continuing usage of people using the name Dooku.

Count Dooku - Count of Serenno and Respected Jedi Master died around 32 years BBY.

The moment that Dooku left the Jedi order and became Darth Sidious' second last apprentice was the time of his death.

The name Count Dooku, and the usage of that name by anyone in the Republic and or the CIS is just formality.

Count Dooku was nothing more than a public facade. Made to keep up appearances and to sway beings into gullibility.

Assassination is not in his character - Mace Windu (AOTC).

Count Dooku ceased being known by that name and instead became Darth Tyranus. At this point there was no longer any benevolence or justice or righteousness left within him. As the name Lord Tyranus suggests, he was and would have become a Tyrannical oppressor of freedom. He killed Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas (a long time friend and confidant) as his first show of loyalty to the Sith.

To kill a friend and colleague as a test of loyalty shows that "Count Dooku" to all intents and purposes had ceased to exist and had from that time forth become known as Lord Tyranus.

Just as Anakin Skywalker ceased to be known as such and had become Darth Vader.

((The_Anomaly))
Yes but he's hardy ever called "Darth Tyranus" in the movies and even in most EU, its almost ALWAYS just "Dooku" so people call him what he is normally called, and thats Count Dooku. Only Sidious calles him Tyranus, and sometimes Grievous, but even he calls him Dooku in the movies.

Archangelysses
So, only goes to show that he portrayed his part to perfection.

Dooku, the person that name represented ceased to exist, the same as Anakin ceased to exist.

Palpatine was referred to as Palpatine for years until we were told his sith title of Sidious. Now he is referred to more as Sidious than Palpatine and he had that name for over 20 years.

I am upset with the EU authors for not being accurate enough in that regard to use his proper sith name once the war had begun. It seems almost stupid that we refer to Palpatine more as Darth Sidious, Anakin more as Darth Vader, yet always refer to Dooku.

As Darth Vader put it - That name no longer has any meaning for me.

I personally prefer to refer to people by the name that has meaning. Dooku stopped being Dooku when he joined the sith and should be referred to as his proper name.

Darth Tyranus, Lord of the Sith

Captain REX
The 'death of your former identity' thing really only pertains to Anakin/Vader, I should think. After he became Vader, NOBODY called him Anakin.

Meanwhile, Dooku and Palpatine did not go by their Sith names.

And Palpatine did not tell the Republic that he was Darth Sidious, either.

Archangelysses
So was Palpatine who he really was....

No, Palpatine was the face that he gave the republic. His true self was Darth Sidious.

As Obi Wan Kenobi would say, What I said was true from a certain point of view.

Sith Lord Windu
Originally posted by Captain REX
The 'death of your former identity' thing really only pertains to Anakin/Vader, I should think. After he became Vader, NOBODY called him Anakin.

Meanwhile, Dooku and Palpatine did not go by their Sith names.

And Palpatine did not tell the Republic that he was Darth Sidious, either.

anakin stopped being known as vader mainly because he was encased in his suit after mustafar.

it obvious that dooku and palp' didn't tell them thier sith names. if they did thied have 10,000 jedi (if it was before the clone wars) hunting them.

Archangelysses
Considering the words of Sidious

Henceforth you shall be known as Darth Vader. Therefore Anakin Skywalker stopped being the name he thought of himself as.

This would also pertain to Dooku. Who would also have thought of himself as Lord Tyranus.

Council#13
Technically, he was always Dooku. I mean, he was born it, and he did become the Count of Serenno. So he was Count Dooku. If you think he is infact Tyrannus and not Dooku, then you have the right to say Tyrannus, but it cannot affect what the rest of us say.

Nupe Kill Droma
Even Palpatine still referred to Count Dooku as... "Dooku," despite "revealing" to Anakin and Obi'wan that "he's a Sith Lord!" I think you're right: he's not the same guy as before. But it's like the old cliche' goes: what's in a name?

Doesn't really matter, considering that Dooku/Tyranus is a pawn the entire time... Sad, because I thought he had a very cool-looking, graceful, effortless fighting style.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Archangelysses
One thing that I am actually becoming tired of is the continuing usage of people using the name Dooku.

Count Dooku - Count of Serenno and Respected Jedi Master died around 32 years BBY.

The moment that Dooku left the Jedi order and became Darth Sidious' second last apprentice was the time of his death.

The name Count Dooku, and the usage of that name by anyone in the Republic and or the CIS is just formality.

Count Dooku was nothing more than a public facade. Made to keep up appearances and to sway beings into gullibility.

Count Dooku ceased being known by that name and instead became Darth Tyranus. At this point there was no longer any benevolence or justice or righteousness left within him. As the name Lord Tyranus suggests, he was and would have become a Tyrannical oppressor of freedom. He killed Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas (a long time friend and confidant) as his first show of loyalty to the Sith.

To kill a friend and colleague as a test of loyalty shows that "Count Dooku" to all intents and purposes had ceased to exist and had from that time forth become known as Lord Tyranus.

Just as Anakin Skywalker ceased to be known as such and had become Darth Vader.
Doesn't matter, and Darth Tyranus is a horrible, horrible name.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Nupe Kill Droma

Doesn't really matter, considering that Dooku/Tyranus is a pawn the entire time... Sad, because I thought he had a very cool-looking, graceful, effortless fighting style.

I agree. A more in depth look at Dooku as a character would have been appreciated. Also a much larger part in ROTS. I am disgusted that Lucas only gace him about 2 minutes in ROTS. Its an insult to Christopher Lee.

Originally posted by FeceMan
Doesn't matter, and Darth Tyranus is a horrible, horrible name.

No. No its not.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Archangelysses

Just as Anakin Skywalker ceased to be known as such and had become Darth Vader. I find this true.

The only reason I'd ever keep calling him Dooku is because Tyrannus takes longer.

Captain REX
I just think this is all looking into things too much...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.