The inevitable death of Qui-Gon Jinn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Archangelysses
Though there has been a few threads discussing what would have happened if Qui-Gon had of lived (personally I was P*ssed off that he died as I thought him the best of the PT Jedi) there really never was going to be that option.

Qui-Gon Jinn was a maverick, an outspoken Jedi and the only real challenge to Darth Sidious' plans. For a little proof of this read "Cloak of Deception" Qui Gon was the only one who believed there was more going on and the Council dismissed this. If they had of listened then, the whole scheme could have fallen apart right there and then. The entire Jedi Council was pwned by Darth Sidious. They never saw it coming.

Only Qui Gon would have been able to train Anakin and keep him to the light. It was the Council's crap that Qui Gon had already dismissed that made Anakin Susceptible to Sidious. The limitations and strict guidelines from the stagnating order is what frustrated and alienated Anakin. Again something that would not have happened under such a maverick Jedi.

I have already stated (on a previous thread "Anakin Skywalker's Father"wink that I have a 100% belief that it was Plagueis who was the catalyst that caused the vergence in the force that brought about Anakin. I have also stated that Sidious had brilliant foresight abilities. It appears quite possible that Sidious new that Anakin would be found/discovered by Qui Gon.

I also recall that Valorum sent Jedi to the Naboo blockade at the urging of Senator Palpatine. After all the evidence of the machiavellian scheming that Sidious put in place, I strongly believe that he also had a hand in which Jedi would go.

I also believe that the reason that Darth Maul was more physical than force powered was because he had been honed as nothing more than a weapon to assassinate Qui-Gon Jinn, who was highly regarded as one of the best swordsmen in the Jedi Order.

Would Qui-Gon have failed in Training Anakin Skywalker - NO

Would Qui-Gon have been as easily duped by Dooku as the rest of the Jedi coucil were until the Battle of Geonosis - Hell No.

Would Qui-Gon have fallen to order 66 - Not bloody likely. He listened to the will of the living force to intently to have been caught off guard.

Qui-Gon knew that Anakin was the chosen one. Not just thought he was, or possibly was but KNEW it. Sidious knew this as well.

It is also quite possible that the Death of Qui-Gon was the final factor in the fall of Count Dooku. The death of his Padawan, and the only other Jedi that saw the corruption in the senate, was quite likely the deciding factor in the rise of Lord Tyranus.

The death of Qui-Gon was a lynchpin that the entire downfall of the Jedi rested upon. In all of the Jedi Order, Qui-Gon was the closest to being Sith whilst still in the light. He followed his instincts and listened more intently to the will of the Force at each precise moment than any other Jedi.

The emergence of the Sith, the death of the Jedi, the downfall of the Republic, The rise of the Empire, all of this was only possible after the death of this noble, wise and heroic Jedi Master.

Darth Volter
.... wow u know i agree with all of this

Quinlan_Vos
Dude, that was pretty nice. I don't believe the full shatterpoint of the galaxy was Qui-Gon but some portions of it, like about Count Dooku, is right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.