Survival of the Fittest-NY

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpunkySmurph
Ok, so this is my new idea, I don't know if it's been done before.

Taking place in a city strangely absent of its inhabitants- New York, in this case- contestants are placed at random points throughout the 'arena', and pitted against each other for whatever reason. Anyways, the last man standing is the winner, if somebody loses they dissapear.

So, the idea is to use everything at their disposal to win. Stealth, Strength and Enviroment.

Heres the contestants:

Beast
http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/index.php/Beast_%28Hank_McCoy%29
Wolverine
Daredevil
Gambit
Captain America
Psylocke (tk katana)
Spiderman
Nightcrawler
The Joker (A couple weapons, assuming he had them on hand, or where he was)
Batman (same as Joker)
Deadpool
Mystique
Rogue (Miss Marvel)
Lady Deathstrike
Black Panther
Elektra
Black Cat (classic)
Doc Ock

A long lineup, I know- so, who do you think would inevitably win? Note that any of them have any given amount of prep time, as they are stuck in a ghost city, so who knows how long they are left without a fight? Only, they must salvage materials from the enviroment.

magneto1992
either one of those 3
the famous for been so overated person Wolverine
Octopus might be able to kick some butts
Spider-man might be good, he got spider-sense.

Draco69
The Joker somehows discovers a nuclear device and hotwires it to blow everything to kingdom come...

magneto1992
So can ocotpus, plus batman will destroy him and the Captain america kill him like in the miniserie Marvel vr DC, anyways i DIDNT SEE gAMBLIT on the list sorry, he wins Omega level duh

Draco69
Gambit isn't Omega Level....

erm

I would bet on either Batman or Black Panther.

They would spend all their time hiding until they had a full assessment of who they were facing and allocating the best resources for them to win.

They'll strike when they're ready....

magneto1992
This is for Marvel Universe.com
Gambit has the mutant ability to tap into the potential energy contained within an inorganic object and transform it into kinetic energy upon touching it. When Gambit thus charges an object and throws it at a target, the object releases this energy explosively on impact. Gambit is unable to use this power to charge organic objects.

After surgery performed by Mister Sinister, Gambit's powers were increased to their maximum potential. He was able to use his power simply by looking at an object that he wished to charge, including organic objects. Gambit could also manipulate the potency of the energy release. Following his climactic battle with the New Sun, Gambit lost this enhanced level of power.

Gambit's ability to tap energy also grants him near-superhuman agility and dexterity, as well as creating a static interference that shields his mind from detection and intrusion by even the most powerful telepaths.

Gambit also possesses a hypnotic charm that allows him to exert a subtle influence over any sentient mind. This power allows Gambit to compel others to believe what he says and agree with anything he suggests. More powerful minds have proven immune to Gambit's charm.

Draco69
Originally posted by magneto1992
This is for Marvel Universe.com
Gambit has the mutant ability to tap into the potential energy contained within an inorganic object and transform it into kinetic energy upon touching it. When Gambit thus charges an object and throws it at a target, the object releases this energy explosively on impact. Gambit is unable to use this power to charge organic objects.

After surgery performed by Mister Sinister, Gambit's powers were increased to their maximum potential. He was able to use his power simply by looking at an object that he wished to charge, including organic objects. Gambit could also manipulate the potency of the energy release. Following his climactic battle with the New Sun, Gambit lost this enhanced level of power.

Gambit's ability to tap energy also grants him near-superhuman agility and dexterity, as well as creating a static interference that shields his mind from detection and intrusion by even the most powerful telepaths.

Gambit also possesses a hypnotic charm that allows him to exert a subtle influence over any sentient mind. This power allows Gambit to compel others to believe what he says and agree with anything he suggests. More powerful minds have proven immune to Gambit's charm.

That's not Omega Level....

Omega Level is someone like Phoenix.

Or Quentin Quire

Or Iceman.

SpunkySmurph
Well, I was kindof thinking non-omega gambit. I mean, I didn't exactly want to put New Sun in this... after all, that would kindof defeat the purpose. I might as well have gone ahead and added phoenix. I'll clarify- I was reffering to the classic, card-throwing, non-organic charging Gambit. Traditional, I suppose.

In any case, Draco's right.

SpunkySmurph
Well, I was wondering about DD- I mean with his Radar and super senses, you'd think he would be able to detect if somebody was near.
Same with Wolvie and Beast

SpunkySmurph
bump

marvelprince
Wolverine, Deadpool, Spider-Man, Batman, Black Panther. These guys understand that advantages of stealth. They don't have big flashy powers which would easily attract the attention of the others. Batman will only have so many gadgets to fall back on and after exhausting his supply, same with Panther. Wade normally has quite an arsenal and knows how to use it and his insane healing factor will definitely keep him in the fight for a while. Same with Wolverine. Spider-man outclasses everyone here in speed, reflexes and agility so he'll definitely hang in for a while.

BTW, is that Classic Rogue, the one with super strength, flight, etc?

Scoobless
I could easily see Deadpool being in the last 5 people here... along with Spider-Man .... and probably Black Panther, Wolverine and Mystique

Next most likely to succeed are Cap and Batman... and I just noticed Rogue is there with her Ms Marvel powers... no expression

Jyppe
Psylocke could take most of them out, if shes aware of their presence.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Jyppe
Psylocke could take most of them out, if shes aware of their presence.

She only has the katana

Omega-level
Black Panther survives. The man's a king, damn it, he could just bring his whole army and pay plenty of other soldiers or heroes to do the job while he drinks some lemonade and bangs Storm (who could be very useful too).

DigiMark007
Please read the forum rules before making more threads. Thank you. This is much too large a battle to form an accurate assessment about the outcome, and thus doesn't inspire actual debate...just mere guesswork.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.