X-Factor Investigations vs New Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
Standard rules. Fight in Mutant Town.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3f/XFACT013.jpg
X-Factor Investigations
Jamie Madrox
Wolfsbane
Strong Guy
Siryn
Rictor (pre-HOM)
Monet St Croix

vs

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ea/Newavengers7.jpg/400px-Newavengers7.jpg
New Avengers
Captain America
Iron Man (pre-Extremis)
Luke Cage
Spider-Man
Spider-Woman
Wolverine

Scenario 1: No prep.
Scenario 2: 1 days prep, X-Factor can consult with Layla Miller.

Discuss.

Alfheim
I have a feeling that X-factor investigations will get slightly owned, due to the fact that the Avengers have more experience..are you saying in scenerio two X-factor get prep and the Avengers dont?

xmarksthespot
Madrox has gained a veritable crapload of experience from sending out and reabsorbing his duplicates.

As far as working as a team goes, Rictor and Wolfsbane go back as far as New Mutants, Jamie, Wolfsbane and Strong Guy worked together as X-Factor, Rictor and Siryn were both in X-Force together, and Jamie and M were both in X-Corps. They've worked together a lot, which is more than can be said for some of the New Avengers.

Scenario 2, both get prep, and X-Factor can consult with Layla Miller.

Frankly the only threat as per usual from the New Avengers is probably Iron Man.

Lucid Lui
M's telepathy should take care of most of the Avengers. Iron Man's the problem though.

I'm looking forward to Raimondi's art on X-Factor. big grin

ExodusCloak
Well we know that Layla is a Deus ex machina...and she has an apparent form of omniscience...allowing her to see all possible outcomes...of the future...and she is also able to alter those possiblities...which renders the New Avengers prep useless...

Fight 1...not sure but IronMan is there biggest problem
Fight 2...X-factor in a curbstomp...

X, What do you think of a thread where you have Magneto, Professor Xavier and Forge with Prep and they are able to consult Layla Miller vs Batman, Doom and Reed with Prep?

Scoobless
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Frankly the only threat as per usual from the New Avengers is probably Iron Man.

I actually think that Iron Man could own the whole X-Factor team on his own

no expression

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
X, What do you think of a thread where you have Magneto, Professor Xavier and Forge with Prep and they are able to consult Layla Miller vs Batman, Doom and Reed with Prep? I think the masses would still side with team Gods of Prep purely due to reputation.

The combination of the the Maker and the Deus Ex Machina should be sufficient though.

ExodusCloak
I think the masses would still side with team Gods of Prep purely due to reputation.

The combination of the the Maker and the Deus Ex Machina should be sufficient though.

laughing sad It's kind of sad that people would do that....though...

Prep Gods get beat by a little girl...

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Scoobless
I actually think that Iron Man could own the whole X-Factor team on his own

no expression I should probably add some former members of X-Factor then like Jean Grey and Iceman...

Siryn could technically manipulate him using her powers though.

Scoobless
I should probably add some former members of X-Factor then like Jean Grey and Iceman...

Siryn could technically manipulate him using her powers though.

Telepaths are cheap... I try to avoid using any telepaths in forum matches against the Avengers of FF (unless you stick Moondragon or someone on the Avengers team to balance it out)

I would think that Tony wouldn't be susceptible to Siryn's manipulation... it's all sound wave based and he filters out the harmful stuff

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Scoobless
Telepaths are cheap... I try to avoid using any telepaths in forum matches against the Avengers of FF (unless you stick Moondragon or someone on the Avengers team to balance it out)

I would think that Tony wouldn't be susceptible to Siryn's manipulation... it's all sound wave based and he filters out the harmful stuff That seems a bit preppish.

Telepaths don't really get enough play on the vs forum because they can take down so many people so easily; it's "cheap" but it's their power. My Cuckoos have pretty much no threads. sad

Scoobless
It's prep in that he prepped for it years ago... it's the same as the IM armour blocking out light that would blind him or sound that would deafen him

xmarksthespot
It's not as simple as a low pass filter to remove high decibel sound that would deafen him though. He'd have to know exactly what was distinguished about these particular sounds - if there even is anything particularly distinguishing about them - and prepare a contingency for them. Thus it seems relatively preppish.

Also it would be nice to have some scannage to show that Iron Man actually is protected from telepathy. The inner layers of his suit that are apparently housed within his body nowadays(?) don't do jack against Emma.

marvelprince
Jess just lets her phermones run amuck and has Strong Guy, Jamie and Rictor fight for her

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by marvelprince
Jess just lets her phermones run amuck and has Strong Guy, Jamie and Rictor fight for her

Monet St Croix

marvelprince
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Monet St Croix

...is a really cool name

ExodusCloak
...is a really cool name

Yep... laughing

Ext@nt
Ironman and Sentry take them alone.

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by Ext@nt
Ironman and Sentry take them alone.

Co-signed.

Add Wolverine, Cap, and Spidey?

The New Avengers are just too much for them to handle.

ExodusCloak
Um...Sentry is not even participating in this thread...see the first post...

Ext@nt
He's In the picture you supplied.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Ext@nt
He's In the picture you supplied.

1. I never made this thread...
2. I never supplied the picture...
and
3. I never typed the list of participants under the picture...

BTW I'm flattered that you, mistook me for X.... big grin

Jesse7
I noticed some thing, in the new avengers picture posted....the 3 characters on your left hand side are pro registration in the civil war arc, well the 3 on the right hand side are anti registration, I dont know which side spidey woman is on.

P.S. As of right now up to date, is Sentry still on Ironman's side? Or is Sentry going to help Cap, possibly fighting against Thor?

Black Adam

she's not purple man.

from what I seen they only slightly influence.

Lucid Lui
And they need time to work.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Black Adam
she's not purple man.

Or Purple Girl... cool

What? oh come on I went a whole day without a Alpha Flight reference sad

Grimm22
Whats Layla going to tell them confused

That they're gonna get their asses kicked laughing

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Grimm22
Whats Layla going to tell them confused

That they're gonna get their asses kicked laughing

Well she'll probably tell them that initially...but....her power allows her to change the current future to her liking by effecting specific events in the present(She has a type of omniscience that's just a vague way of describing her power) shifty....so she'll then tell them the exact things they have to do during their so called prep time.... in order to hand the New Avengers there asses...

Meaning X-factor take Fight two is a curbstomp....

marvelprince
Originally posted by Black Adam
she's not purple man.

That wasn't to be taken seriously. Just messing around. With Layla's abilities and Monet I think X-Factor has it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.