Thor vs Wolverine... with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Accel
Thor doesn't get Mjolnir. In fact, he doesn't have any powers except his strength and durability.

Fight takes place in the jungle. This is Classic Thor BTW. No CIS.

Who wins?

Draco69
Does Thor get his god-reflexes?

steverules
Thor still kicks Logan's ass. One punch from Thor and Wolverine can say hello to the 40th century

darthgoober
Originally posted by steverules
Thor still kicks Logan's ass. One punch from Thor and Wolverine can say hello to the 40th century
Not necessarily, if he's lucky, he might just say hello to Mars.

rotiart
Namor knocked Wolverine out with one punch... sure it was a sucker punch... but Thor > Namor.

Wolverine KOed.

Accel
Originally posted by Draco69
Does Thor get his god-reflexes?
Let's say his reflexes are as fast as Logan's for this fight.

steverules
Thor win's...now get some wolverine than boy's in here damn it. I need some comedy.

Draco69
Thor 10/10.

His adamantium claws might hurt Thor in the event they land but it won't do much damage than it would a plastic knive to normal human skin...

steverules
Wolverine doesn't have the strength to have any effect on thor.

Accel
Ah, hell with it. This is Thor. Let's say his reflexes are Thing's level.

Jesse7
Going by showings that is not true that wolves would not be able to hurt and or kill Thor with a clean shot, Wolverine almost completely severed King Thors arm off in one swipe.

Call it PIS if you want, but Wolverine has been doing feats of that calibur for a while.

steverules
Wolverine wins if Thor turns into a normal human being.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Jesse7
Going by showings that is not true that wolves would not be able to hurt and or kill Thor with a clean shot, Wolverine almost completely severed King Thors arm off in one swipe.

Call it PIS if you want, but Wolverine has been doing feats of that calibur for a while.
That's not PIS, it's SMvF.

darthgoober
Originally posted by darthgoober
That's not PIS, it's SMvF.
Actually, I guess it'd be both. PIS on Thors part, and SMvF for Wolverine.

bigbran
Originally posted by Jesse7
Call it PIS if you want, but Wolverine has been doing feats of that calibur for a while. He goes around cutting skyfather's arms off everyday?!?!?!?What the f**k? When has he done this?
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

juggernaut66666
He did cut off thor's arm no expression

Tassadar
Thor.

bigbran
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
He did cut off thor's arm no expression I know, but he/she/it said Wolves does this everyday.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by bigbran
I know, but he/she/it said Wolves does this everyday.
but after that Thor killed him evil face laughing laughing

bigbran
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
but after that Thor killed him evil face laughing laughing Still pis.
Thor should have been able to see him coming, even when not looking. (especially since Thor has those reflexes.)
Plus it should have bounced off him arm.

Validus
Depends. Let Wolverine get a warm up battle against the Sentry to get the juices flowing then he'd probably win.

magneto1992
Thor 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000000000000000/10

Grimm22
Thor 100/10 no expression

tkitna
I refuse to believe that Wolverine could beat Thor ever. Thor wins every single time no matter what the fanboys print.

Grimm22
*Waits for Capt and Riceroost* shifty laughing

Accel
Originally posted by Grimm22
Thor 100/10 no expression
But he now has Thing's reflexes. whistle

Grimm22
Originally posted by Accel
But he now has Thing's reflexes. whistle

Oh if thats the case... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thor 99/10 wink

darthgoober
Thor could be asleep when the fight started, and still take it.

Priest
wow...wolberine 10/10

jinzin
Originally posted by rotiart
Namor knocked Wolverine out with one punch... sure it was a sucker punch... but Thor > Namor.

Wolverine KOed. one punch?

you mean after wolvie got nuked and was fighting namor's sleepers for a while, and AFTER namor alreayd hit him twice before? What the f**k?

yyyyyeahhh one punch.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinzin
He goes around cutting skyfather's arms off everyday?!?!?!?What the f**k? When has he done this?
probably since he's been plunging his claws 12 inches deep into thanos' chest.

Grimm22
Originally posted by jinzin
one punch?

you mean after wolvie got nuked and was fighting namor's sleepers for a while, and AFTER namor alreayd hit him twice before? What the f**k?

yyyyyeahhh one punch.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Are you trying to justify Wolverine fighting Namor What the f**k??!??!

badabing
I thought it was Napalm and not a Nuke. Anybody have the answer?

Grimm22
It was napalm no expression

And even that was complete crap

Hell his pants survived?!!?

bigbran
probably since he's been plunging his claws 12 inches deep into thanos' chest. And this equates into an arm....how?

Plus you do realize, that, that was bad writing?
Thanos with the IG?
That would mean his duribilty would be over his when Thanos got trapped in the black hole.
How would you compare a black hole, that rips at every fiber of your being, to a person with maybe one ton strength, and unbreakable claws?

How would he be able to put his claws into Thanos's chest?
When Thanos's duribilty, is over people like Hulk(by far), Surfer, Drax, Thor, Superman, etc.

badabing
It was napalm no expression

And even that was complete crap

Hell his pants survived?!!?
He uses the same tailor as the Hulk. shifty

Accel
Originally posted by badabing
I thought it was Napalm and not a Nuke. Anybody have the answer?
He's referring to the Nitro incident.

Grimm22
He uses the same tailor as the Hulk. shifty

Bah Hulk has super pants powers eek!

The stronger he gets the more powerful his pants get big grin

badabing
Bah Hulk has super pants powers eek!

The stronger he gets the more powerful his pants get big grin
eek! laughing

Accel
And this equates into an arm....how?

Plus you do realize, that, that was bad writing?
Thanos with the IG?
That would mean his duribilty would be over his when Thanos got trapped in the black hole.
How would you compare a black hole, that rips at every fiber of your being, to a person with maybe one ton strength, and unbreakable claws?

How would he be able to put his claws into Thanos's chest?
When Thanos's duribilty, is over people like Hulk(by far), Surfer, Drax, Thor, Superman, etc.
I don't believe Thanos actually went into a black hole...

bigbran
I don't believe Thanos actually went into a black hole... Is this because I mentioned, Hulk in a reference to Thanos's duribilty?

Accel
Is this because I mentioned, Hulk in a reference to Thanos's duribilty?
Why would it be because of that? huh

I just recall seeing him travel into some kind of portal and I thought that was what the reference was. Did he actually go through it or was it his spaceship?

long pig
Thor has an amazing healing factor that hardly anyone says anything about. I've seen his arm broken and it healed up in less than an hour.

But, although it sounds horrid, Wolverine only needs one lucky hit to throw the fight his way, at least for a little while anyway. Would he get it? Probably not.

I can see Thor just grabbing Wolverine's arms and playing the ol' "Quit stabbin' yourself!" game.

bigbran
Why would it be because of that? huh

I just recall seeing him travel into some kind of portal and I thought that was what the reference was. Did he actually go through it or was it his spaceship? Wouldn't that mean that his spaceship would have been ripped apart, with him in it?
Wouldn't that be worse?

Accel
Wouldn't that mean that his spaceship would have been ripped apart, with him in it?
Wouldn't that be worse?
Depends if his ship stayed in tact or not. I dont see how it would be worse though...

bigbran
Depends if his ship stayed in tact or not. I dont see how it would be worse though... Obviously it got ripped apart.

And it would be worse because he was trapped in the ship. The ship gets ripped apart, while all of the pieces rip against Thanos,(along with the black hole doing the same)
Plus Thanos doesn't have light speed, speed. So him being in a black hole, it would really test his duribilty.

long pig
Thanos' powers are open ended. There have been no limits set for his strength, durability, speed, skill and blast power.

Writers have said he's stronger than any Hulk. They've said his reflexes are instananeous. They've said his durability's limit is so high that there is nothing he couldn't take. They've said his power reserves are limitless.

Basically, Thanos can do whatever the story wants him to do. If it's one-hit k.o'ng Hulk, that's ok. If it's one-hit blasting a planet, that's fine.

He's not meant to have limits.

Superboy Prime
Well at least Thanos wet his pants when an agry Galactus went after him.

bigbran
Originally posted by long pig
Thanos' powers are open ended. There have been no limits set for his strength, durability, speed, skill and blast power.

Writers have said he's stronger than any Hulk. They've said his reflexes are instananeous. They've said his durability's limit is so high that there is nothing he couldn't take. They've said his power reserves are limitless.

Basically, Thanos can do whatever the story wants him to do. If it's one-hit k.o'ng Hulk, that's ok. If it's one-hit blasting a planet, that's fine.

He's not meant to have limits. But then people turn around and use the pis feat of Wolverine stabbing Thanos..... no expression

badabing
But then people turn around and use the pis feat of Wolverine stabbing Thanos..... no expression
I use that feat as a joke. Do people really consider that not to be SvFL?

confused

bigbran
I use that feat as a joke. Do people really consider that not to be SvFL?

confused Apparently so...
probably since he's been plunging his claws 12 inches deep into thanos' chest.

JuanJohnboy

long pig
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Well at least Thanos wet his pants when an agry Galactus went after him.
Who wouldn't?

Thanos knocked his hat off...Galactus' mom made that hat for him.

But then people turn around and use the pis feat of Wolverine stabbing Thanos..... no expression
I don't think it's PIS really.

Thanos is a Titan, and like other Titans his body can be diamond hard or slightly soft depending on what mood they're in. Thanos' body was probably that of ballistic jell when Wolvie stabbed him. Thanos healed up before Wolverine was able to pull the claws out.

bigbran
Who wouldn't?

Thanos knocked his hat off...Galactus' mom made that hat for him.

Thanos is a Titan, and like other Titans his body can be diamond hard or slightly soft depending on what mood they're in. Thanos' body was probably that of ballistic jell when Wolvie stabbed him. Thanos healed up before Wolverine was able to pull the claws out. You really think Thanos would make his skin into jello?
Thanos's skin has always been that hard. He has complete control of his body down to a molecule level.
But still, if he was at the duribilty of when he fought Odin.....

batdude123
You really think Thanos would make his skin into jello?
Thanos's skin has always been that hard. He has complete control of his body down to a molecule level.

Then Wolverine is abstract level.

bigbran
Originally posted by batdude123
Then Wolverine is abstract level. Obviously.

long pig
You really think Thanos would make his skin into jello?
Yes, he's done it before. All Titans can do it.

Thing is, he has to concentrate to make his body super durable.

xmarksthespot

Thanos is a Titan, and like other Titans his body can be diamond hard or slightly soft depending on what mood they're in. Thanos' body was probably that of ballistic jell when Wolvie stabbed him. Thanos healed up before Wolverine was able to pull the claws out. Technically wouldn't the fact that he can be a lot more durable if he wants but in those panels was "ballistic jell" so that Wolverine can stab him make it PIS.

batdude123
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Technically wouldn't the fact that he can be a lot more durable if he wants but in those panels was "ballistic jell" so that Wolverine can stab him make it PIS.

Or CIS. However you want to look at it...

xmarksthespot
A lot of the time the two are pretty interchangeable. I always find it weird how one is meant to be allowed while the other isn't.

long pig
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Technically wouldn't the fact that he can be a lot more durable if he wants but in those panels was "ballistic jell" so that Wolverine can stab him make it PIS.
Nah, CIS more likely. Or hell, maybe he likes messing with people's heads.

The same way it was CIS when Thanos allowed himself to lose when he had the I.G.

Erik-Lensherr
Wolverine solos.

Thor has rarely shown combat speed on the level that Wolverine has, and considering his claws, healing factor and speed, Logan takes it.

OneDumbG0
laughing out loud

srankmissingnin
Classic Thor without Mjolnir, grounded and pigeon hold into a melee fight against Wolverine... in a jungle no less? Um, Wolverine wins? confused

carver9
wolverine win this almost everytime.

darthgoober
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Classic Thor without Mjolnir, grounded and pigeon hold into a melee fight against Wolverine... in a jungle no less? Um, Wolverine wins? confused
Doubtful considering the "No CIS" stipulation. Without "character" as an issue Thor would just destroy the entire area with things like thunderclaps and ground pounds and Wolverine would never even get a chance to get in close.

One punch would send Wolverine flying out of the solar system.

The difference in physical strength and durability is too great. I'm sure that a fighter jet with a mounted machine-gun that fires .50 cal bullets has more piercing power than a man with blades.

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
laughing out loud

I'm just having some fun.

This is the 'opposite' week stick out tongue

jinzin
Originally posted by #1110

The difference in physical strength and durability is too great. I'm sure that a fighter jet with a mounted machine-gun that fires .50 cal bullets has more piercing power than a man with blades. Well you're absolutely wrong about that.

llagrok
I thought thunderclaps did a number on Wolverine's enhanced hearing?

Placidity
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Wolverine solos.

Thor has rarely shown combat speed on the level that Wolverine has, and considering his claws, healing factor and speed, Logan takes it.

Don't be silly, sure those things you mentioned help, but its his fast reflexes and combat skills that are the main factors here.

DestinyGuy678
wouldnt this pretty much happen exactly like wolverines fight with sentry?

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8876/sentry1ca8.jpg
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5227/sentry2ve3.jpg

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
wouldnt this pretty much happen exactly like wolverines fight with sentry?

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8876/sentry1ca8.jpg
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5227/sentry2ve3.jpg

Why would it ?

Silent Master
Well you're absolutely wrong about that.

Thor has punched people into orbit before, he's also thrown people out of the solar system.

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by Placidity
Don't be silly, sure those things you mentioned help, but its his fast reflexes and combat skills that are the main factors here.

Those reflexes sure didn't help him against fights with Hulk, Juggernaut etc.

Combat skills ? Wolverine is quite skilled, having mastered many forms of unarmed combat.

jinzin
Originally posted by Silent Master
Thor has punched people into orbit before, he's also thrown people out of the solar system.

The the hell does that have to do with Wolverine's ability to stab something? confused

Silent Master
The the hell does that have to do with Wolverine's ability to stab something? conceived

What does Wolverine's ability to stab something have to do with you disagreeing that Thor could punch Wolverine out of the solar system?

Let's recap

Originally posted by #1110

The difference in physical strength and durability is too great. I'm sure that a fighter jet with a mounted machine-gun that fires .50 cal bullets has more piercing power than a man with blades.

Well you're absolutely wrong about that.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Why would it ? well doesnt thor have strength and durability on par with sentry?

jinzin
What does Wolverine's ability to stab something have to do with you disagreeing that Thor could punch Wolverine out of the solar system?

Let's recap I was clearly responding to the second part.
Thors launched people into orbit before so I'm not inclined to argue with that other than it's likelyhood.

llagrok
I was clearly responding to the second part.
Thors launched people into orbit before so I'm not inclined to argue with that other than it's likelyhood.

I don't think it's something Thor would do all the time.

Thunderclapping would do a number on Wolverine though, wouldn't it?

D-Block
Thor wins.

Silent Master
I was clearly responding to the second part.

You quoted the whole post and made a blanket statement. IOW, you didn't "clearly" do anything.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by llagrok

Thunderclapping would do a number on Wolverine though, wouldn't it? theres a sectio nin the respect thread which has wolverine taking thunderclaps and beings fine....but one hit should put wolverine down

jalek moye
Wolverine is great and all. but Thor beats his ass even without the hammer

SuperiorTech
Given the rules of this fight no hammer and no other powers other than strength and durability.I dont see how thor is gonna win this fight it would be like hulk vs wolverine only thor is faster a better fighter but with no healing factor.

jalek moye
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Given the rules of this fight no hammer and no other powers other than strength and durability.I dont see how thor is gonna win this fight it would be like hulk vs wolverine only thor is faster a better fighter but with no healing factor.
one good strike and wolverine is out from blunt truama combined with that hes gonna be knocked like 40 miles away

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by jalek moye
one good strike and wolverine is out from blunt truama combined with that hes gonna be knocked like 40 miles away

Wolverine has fought a majority of the bricks in marvel and its rare that he is knocked out and I dont believe I have ever seen anyone launch him the kind distance you talking about.Thor is not faster than wolverine neither does he have a healing factor without his hammer and only his strength and durabilty to depend on he is gonna lose.

llagrok

Only Thor is far above savage Hulk's base strength.

One or two punches from the likes of Namor and Wolverine is hurt bad. Thor hits much harder.

SuperiorTech
Only Thor is far above savage Hulk's base strength.

One or two punches from the likes of Namor and Wolverine is hurt bad. Thor hits much harder.

Yes but most of wolverine hulk fights are long and drawn out if hulk is not enraged by the start of the fight he sure is hell is during.We also saw what it took for wwh to knockout wolverine and that was catching him in midair not given him anyway to avoid the blows all will he was slashing the hulk.Thor does not have the luxury of a healing factor.

I am sure thor is capable of knocking out wolverine but given the lost of his hammer and other powers plus I see wolverine getting some shots in and just one well placed stab or slice and thor is in big trouble.

jalek moye
Wolverine has fought a majority of the bricks in marvel and its rare that he is knocked out and I dont believe I have ever seen anyone launch him the kind distance you talking about.Thor is not faster than wolverine neither does he have a healing factor without his hammer and only his strength and durabilty to depend on he is gonna lose.
it was an exageration

thor is probbly just as fast as wolverine.

but i still think he can get a KO

jinzin

Thunderclapping would do a number on Wolverine though, wouldn't it?

Dunno he has 4 examples of standing up to thunderclaps and only one of them is remotely a negative one. Though I would assume so.

jinzin
You quoted the whole post and made a blanket statement. IOW, you didn't "clearly" do anything. lol fair enough.

llagrok
Dunno he has 4 examples of standing up to thunderclaps and only one of them is remotely a negative one. Though I would assume so.

When thinking logically, it would.

Giant boom, superhuman senses. This is all why things like reality warping especially messes him up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.