DMC= plan to get Liz/Jack Together

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptinJackLover

JaehSkywalker
you're good. reallll good.

CaptinJackLover
lol really? i was just bored and htought id post something REALLY long! big grin

JaehSkywalker
laughing out loud i know. but the logic... its as-toun-ding >.<

its all loopy.. like what jack always says... some of his lines are all loopy...

CaptinJackLover
happy thats me! lol

JaehSkywalker
laughing out loud

just wish those writers would see that was where they should be heading...

CaptinJackLover
well they HAVE to i mean they basically wrote it as the plan to get them together....they just werent thinking it at that time lol but now they should have realized thats what they have done and thats why they will continue the plan and make the movie end with them happily together!

JaehSkywalker
wOOt... i like how you think... thumbsup

CaptinJackLover
THANNK YOU! big grin io feel special now lol

JaehSkywalker
smile

think will would turn up to be a new gov?

sailorleo
if he did we'd have to turn in our script for POTC 4

CaptinJackLover
yepp of course!

Chiki Mina
yea i thought about the same with the jail thing.

but there were too many guards. even though it didnt stop hi before at potc 1 but the guards at that time were distracted planning the rescue mission for elizabeth and cleaning up the town.

T.Maria
i agree with everyone!

As i have said on another thread;

POTC1 planted the 'seed' (the island scene) so that the flirting and so on would be accepted by the audience in movie 2 and they werent going;

"wtf is going on here? Whya re they flirting? Where did that come from?"

So therefore by the end of potc2 the audience WANTED that kiss...because it is the AUDIENCES LOVESTORY. The one we have followed from the beginning, and thought about all the 'what ifs' ....

which means by movie 3 the characters of jack/liz will indeed get closer....(especially if the spoilers and stuff are right and elizabeth and jack spend the most time together..they are the only ones in asian clothing...)

ill stop rambling now smile

LovelyOne
yes some amazing points!! thats the ONLY reason I ever thought his father was introduced lmao..so that when Liz breaks his heart he actually STILL has what he was longing to have in his life since before he even met Elizabeth.

you dont just randomly add in a father figure when Will's main priority is supposed to be Elizabeth...and many W/E fans say "well this is so Will can learn to juggle 2 prioties in his life so that his and Liz's relationship can mature" BS! you dont add two main priorities for a character in a movie..its either 1 or the OTHER IMO.

When you think about it. Will has pretty much failed with Elizabeth..already..He was never actually there in time to save her...EVER..It was always Jack.

and now he has his father..he has the chance to succeed in his challenge

katelovespirate
yeah this is a great thread. it makes tons of sense.

they bring a lot of lines about "destiny" and "fate" into this film... so in the world they have created, fate functions like an outer character, and many events they accredit to "fate". the locus of control revolves around this idea of "fate".

so the events of two--- which some people try to pass off as coincidence or explain away as character motivation junk--- are events caused by this "FATE" they keep bringing up. Looking at it this way, its easy to see that Liz teamed up with Jack NOT ONLY because she was trying to find Will, but because it was FATE... (a writing device used to say that the writers are basically hemming the characters in, blocking off their paths so they end up doing certain things, like kissing each other and then chaining someone to a mast...) its just one "FATEFUL" thing after another... like Will showing up on the beach at just the right moment, Norrington joining them, and Most hugely... Beckett arriving on the MORNING OF their wedding to arrest them.

those arent just plot coincidences they get away with cause its a film--- they have created the subtext of FATE and DESTINY and therefore all those actions and events have deeper meaning and are LEADING UP to something big.

JaehSkywalker
i love how you think tooo.. thumbsup

katelovespirate
thank you! big grin

LovelyOne
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
i love how you think tooo.. thumbsup

LOL you as a star wars fans should know big grin..as soon as Luke has a new priority/challenge *cough* darth/dad*cough* Leia completely gets written away from him...and ends up with Hans Solo

katelovespirate
Han Solo is HOTT, and AMAZING> big grin yay for Han!

the thing is, Jack is even cooler than Han in some ways (dont kill me star wars fans) so it will be total murder and complete injustice if HAN got the girl and JACK doesnt.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by katelovespirate
yeah this is a great thread. it makes tons of sense.

they bring a lot of lines about "destiny" and "fate" into this film... so in the world they have created, fate functions like an outer character, and many events they accredit to "fate". the locus of control revolves around this idea of "fate".

so the events of two--- which some people try to pass off as coincidence or explain away as character motivation junk--- are events caused by this "FATE" they keep bringing up. Looking at it this way, its easy to see that Liz teamed up with Jack NOT ONLY because she was trying to find Will, but because it was FATE... (a writing device used to say that the writers are basically hemming the characters in, blocking off their paths so they end up doing certain things, like kissing each other and then chaining someone to a mast...) its just one "FATEFUL" thing after another... like Will showing up on the beach at just the right moment, Norrington joining them, and Most hugely... Beckett arriving on the MORNING OF their wedding to arrest them.

those arent just plot coincidences they get away with cause its a film--- they have created the subtext of FATE and DESTINY and therefore all those actions and events have deeper meaning and are LEADING UP to something big.

TIA DAHMA LOL..

sums all of these things up.

LovelyOne
You also have to look at the fact they are introducing a character called Calypso. The goddess of the sea.

This is a greek goddess. And the only other story I have ever seen her is is the Odyssey written in ancient times..and what we actually see emotionally happen to Jack basically mirrors what happened to Odysseus when it came to being around women...she basically changed his whole perspective of them and how he should behave around them..and hello what do we see happen to Jack in DMC?

Also..this whole fate/ destiny thing Katelovespirate I totally agree with you..and when you look at ancient Greek literature..the most interesting ones are the greek tragedies..and they are ALL based around fate and what people choose to do..divine providence etc..(we actually hear Ragetti SAY these two words in the long boat)

Calypso/Tia is probably making events happen so that certain emotions can arise through Jack/Liz/Will..She's defiantly trying to make something happen in the future and I think Beckett is in on the deal.

I read so many tragedies in college..and honestly..this whole fate, intervention theme..and all the events we see happen? Its all leading to tragedy for one character..and IMO its Will.

and when I say tragedy..It means two things..something tragic happens to him(dramatic realization) and then he does something incredibly stupid either to himself or someone else...or even both..

Oedipus...look up that name and read about him lol..it aint pretty

I think Will is heading for a similar fate..

katelovespirate
i like the reference to pintel and ragetti.

that scene is kind of important, IMO...
there's a reason they were given lots of "comic relief" time with wierd conversations that didnt seem to fit with the rest of pacing... but it was all important.

its the conflict of "divine Providence" and "me being clever"

the characters are realizing more and more that they cant control everything around them-- that there is something else influencing events and stuff--- this idea of "divine providence" or "fate" or whatever. But some of the characters still are arguing that its just them being clever, or doing things themselves or whatever.

the 3rd one, IMO, will cross way over into the fate edge of the map... so to speak... because they are going to be REVERSING fate by bringing Jack back...

LovelyOne
Reversing fate?..I dont think that was the fateful ending we are expecting

Tia made that happen to jack IMO

..its to make him stronger for the future..

the most important aspect of the fateful ending in DMC appears to be breaking Will and Liz up..not Jack dying IMO

Its actually revolving around William..he is going to have a tragic fate. IMO

LovelyOne
basically what I'm trying to say..Jack dying there was not a fateful ending..it was only an event leading up to what his real ending will be..because the story hasn't finished yet we still have movie 3..I think we will learn how important that death was to what ever ending he meets in movie 3

the real, real ending the tragic one all points to Will

he is the one with a "touch of destiny" aout him lol

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by LovelyOne
LOL you as a star wars fans should know big grin..as soon as Luke has a new priority/challenge *cough* darth/dad*cough* Leia completely gets written away from him...and ends up with Hans Solo

read this already? http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f69/t421889.html

big grin

KLP>> he totally is... and no, i'm not gonna kill you, just hit you with a hammer that's all.. smile bangin big grin

done.. you're forgiven lol

CaptinJackLover
Originally posted by LovelyOne
basically what I'm trying to say..Jack dying there was not a fateful ending..it was only an event leading up to what his real ending will be..because the story hasn't finished yet we still have movie 3..I think we will learn how important that death was to what ever ending he meets in movie 3

the real, real ending the tragic one all points to Will

he is the one with a "touch of destiny" aout him lol

^^ so true!

Ok lets look back to movie one...

Who was it we all wanted Liz to be with? Will....but she was with (well not really but kinda in a way) Norrington, but taht all changed by the end...

Now lets look at movie 2...

Who did we all want Liz to end up with? Jack!.....but she is already with Will...and movie 2 still isnt quite finished yet, cuz i mean movie 3 is supposed to finish off everything that was happeneing in movie 2 so movie 3 is basically movie 2. does that make anysense? lol itsk inda confusing. so anywayz...Liz changes her mind alot in the movies as we have seen, but she hasnt FULLY gone over to Jack's side yet, because he is ya know dead. but at the end of movie 3 she will probably FULLY go over to Jack's side, once she realizes that its ok because its what she really wants. After all that is what she did with Will so why should it be any different with Jack

T.Maria
im still gonna stick by what T&T said in their interview about if the second film was the ending then they would be happy with it (which hints at what will happen in the end anyway?)

Like Lovelyone said, its where they are mentally that counts at the end...and that is what the writers are pointing at.

So technically if movies 2 ended the way it did and there was no 3...will got elizabeth physically, but jack got her mentally...and the mentally is always the most important thing.

So yes, DMC IS a movie to inevitably get jack/liz together...aswell as being a pirate movie, very well realised!!! you are alot smarter than me!! smile
But as i have said before...lets not go all dawson's creek on eachother..remember it is a pirate movie and not gone with the wind.... lmao big grin as i often forget myself!

CaptinJackLover
hahah yes thats true! i know it is a pirate movie...but its also dealing with their life...like everyone's life they deal with problems like this....so they have to think about the life problems in the movie also because if they didnt then the movie would just be boring because all thye owuld be doing is searching for treasure without worrying sbout anything else...does taht make sense?

T.Maria
Originally posted by CaptinJackLover
hahah yes thats true! i know it is a pirate movie...but its also dealing with their life...like everyone's life they deal with problems like this....so they have to think about the life problems in the movie also because if they didnt then the movie would just be boring because all thye owuld be doing is searching for treasure without worrying sbout anything else...does taht make sense?

that makes absolute perfect sense, and the reason WHY this film is so popular is because the characters ARE intergeral to the story.

Many films i have seen are your two dimensional (only so much you can do with them) characters...like neo from the matrix.

and this film breaks the mould because the character boundaries are endless.

In film/media studies there different character roles that the characters have to fill...but this movie changes the characters so often that it is often hard to realise who is doing what and who is really thinking what, which means that it is hard to put the characters under one particular character role.

THAT is why this film sells. The characters are different and they will go down in history.

What i meant before about it being a 'pirate movie' was the fact that a large percent of the fans who will see this (like my 7 yearold brother) film will go to watch the ship and the guns and the fights...but interestingly enough....they will also go to see JACK frollicking about...

The fights and the ships and the JACK sell this movie.

Everyone wants to see what will happen with JACK...will he win? Will lose? ...

But the big questoin is;

what is it that he will win or lose?

CaptinJackLover
yeah the writeres of the movie had said that they hwanted to make the movie interesting enough to entertaon the audience and the only way to do that is keeping adding htings that would or might happen to people in real life to make it more and more confusing but easy enough to undertsnad whats going on

T.Maria
god bless those writers! smile

For making us all the more confused whenever we even THINK about jack/liz because they wont even give us ONE bloody interview!! ...so they leave us hanging like maggots on a fishing line...(sorry for the odd referrance but atm thats exactly how i feel!)

CaptinJackLover
hahaahha

the only way to make us confused and unaware of whats going to happen is keep adding more conflicts and "drama" into the story...and its working, cuz we still dont know whats gonna happen, we THINK and WANT liz and jack to happen but with the way they are writing...you jsut never know

T.Maria
hahaahha

the only way to make us confused and unaware of whats going to happen is keep adding more conflicts and "drama" into the story...and its working, cuz we still dont know whats gonna happen, we THINK and WANT liz and jack to happen but with the way they are writing...you jsut never know

ah so true CJL..we never know what to expect.

But then thats just down to the writers doing a thoroughly bloody good job smile ...i take my imaginary hat off to them smile

i wonder if the writers THINK and WANT jack/liz to happen? confused

i mean disney and T&T TOTALLY contradict eachother...T&T say never have a storybook ending...and DISNEY do NOTHING BUT storybook endings...

so who will win???

But then again...im sure disney LOVE jack (who doesnt?!) so may be they would want to see jack/liz together? ...dont disney win overall?

Ahhh! see!!! im confuzzled again now sad

help confused

CaptinJackLover
ok well what i htink is that they will even out each other because they will most likely NOT come to an agreement....if Jack and Liz end up together, in a way its a storybook ending because Jack is the main charatcer and he is in love, but normally people wouldnt htink of it that way, so in a way its both kind of endings...but if Liz and Will end up together then it most definatley will be storybook ending and we dont want that

T.Maria
ok well what i htink is that they will even out each other because they will most likely NOT come to an agreement....if Jack and Liz end up together, in a way its a storybook ending because Jack is the main charatcer and he is in love, but normally people wouldnt htink of it that way, so in a way its both kind of endings...but if Liz and Will end up together then it most definatley will be storybook ending and we dont want that

ah yes that very true!

But also, if the will/liz ending happens then the audience will throw a wobbler! (me included hehe)

So either way we wont know...ALTHOUGH the storybook ending kinda happened in 1 with will/liz...in 2 it was all up in the air and although there was a kiss...it deffinately WAS NOT a storybook ending....

so three leaves us with??... ah...to bookend, or not to bookend...that is the confuzzlement!!!!! confused

CaptinJackLover
well yes it kinda happened in one but it didn tendwith one because now there is a 2 so it isnt over yet! although movie 1 did end like that, that was all ruined in 2!

T.Maria
well yes it kinda happened in one but it didn tendwith one because now there is a 2 so it isnt over yet! although movie 1 did end like that, that was all ruined in 2!

yes thats a really good point!

I think we need to look at the BIG movie overall..its a BIG film with 3 chapters...and each is going to be different.

i keep thinking of potc1 as a stand alone and the other-two as a 2part film..for the life of me i cant explain why...probably because the 1st one was complete to the extent that there was a beginning, a middle and an end...

whereas if you put all three together...we've witnessed the beginning, the middle - and it was HOTT - ... and i just hope to god they carry this on through the end of the BIG film.

CaptinJackLover
yeah i never really htought about them all being onbe long story at first, but then i kept having to refer to movie one to thik about hwat happens in movie 2 and thats when i began looking at them as one large story

ivebeendepped43
me too!

lovethemtigers
DMC must equal Jack and Liz...cuz there are not Will/Liz moments except the jail scene...which Jack is mentioned...the wedding interrupted (which is actually fate intervening) because of Jack....and the beach scene...where Jack is...Will and Liz do not have one single moment in the film together that is not revolving around Jack...but Jack and Liz's moments have nothing to do with Will...in fact, IMO, it is very obvious that when Liz is around Jack...she barely thinks about Will...even when she kisses Jack in the end...Will is the last thing on her mind...although some would have us believe she kissed Jack to save the life of the man she truly loves, WIll....Hogwash

Elizabeth and Jack are so hot together and have so much chemistry...Disney/Writers/Producers/Directors would be crazy not to cash in on this chemistry...obviously is is worth 1.1Billion dollars so far...so ...get the hint DISNEY...do you want AWE to even top that, possibly top AWE...then give the audience what it wants...it's too bad we don't have a magic ball and see the 2 scenarios..Will and Liz...it doenst' even pass the original POTC in the rankings..in fact, well below...but...Jack and Liz ending..its soars past Titanic - for highest grossing movie ever....Disney, surely, you can't pass that up....

CaptinJackLover
When Liz is arounf Jack, Will isnt even on her mind at all! and you can tell....even when she says "i was so ready to be married" she wanst htinking about Will, she was thinking about having Jakc at that moment....she very rarely htought about Will...ad if she was she was proably saying "oh Will wont even know im flirting like crazy, it doenst matter, ill just not think about him" then she automatically forgets about him

lovethemtigers
I know...even when they are talking about the compass....she has to keep reminding herself about Will..because you can sooo feel the pull between Jack and Liz...ever notice how every scene they have together they are so close to each other...face to face.

"It points to the thing you Want Most in this world...."

"Ah, Jack. Are you telling the truth?"
"Every word, luv. And the thing you want most in this world is to find the chest of Davy Jones."
"To save Will" ( she says a bit defiantely...as if to remind herself)
"By finding the chest of Davy Jones."....

Jack is just so sexy in this scene...especially the way he prances in front of her and is gazing at her so intently and then sweeps his hand to invite her onto the Pearl, "Miss Swann".....

And I so love the look on his face when he says, "As I said, Persuade Me." Its such a sensual suggestion...LOVE IT>>>>

CaptinJackLover
omg i know i love it too! ahh i love him <3

yeah eveything he says he says in a sentual way and it tempts her and she has to keep think ing ok just rember Will. but then she is just like screw it! bloddy will isnt even here!

ivebeendepped43
hahaha! bash will!

lovethemtigers
I really don't know how any woman could think of anyone else but this man when facing him face to face....OMG if I was her...I'd say...forget Will...why marry Will...when I can have this sexy, gorgeous, beautiful, wonderful, fun-loving, adventurous PIRATE>>>>

CaptinJackLover
exactly...although Will isvery good look9ing, JAck is the ultimateb guy! he has everything any woman could dream of being with!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.