Beckett, Tia Dalma, and why I love Disney

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

katelovespirate
Hehehe i am one lazy bum... i could find different threads to post this on but man, that would take a lot of work.

i went and saw the movie again last night (while at disney world) and made some interesting observations...

Scene 1: Liz isnt crying, as she sits in the rain "mourning" her lost wedding. She doesn't look sad at all, actually... she looks contemplative. And then in that one shot where she turns around the man comes into the shot, but we dont see who it is? Could it possibly be someone she had made an alliance with previously? Who knows...

AND when Beckett makes his remark after they say "Captain Jack Sparrow" He is looking DIRECTLY at HER, and not at will, when he says "Yes I thought you might." It just seems that she and Beckett know each other or something.

this is extremely far-fetched, but I began to wonder during the movie if all her movements where in some way connected to Beckett- like, she was working for him or something--- to try to save will--- or i dont know... but mercer shows up in tortuga and doesnt try to get her or anything... he's just spying on her (perhaps making sure she is doing things according to plan?) and where did Liz get her lad clothing? And could Beckett have asked her to get rid of Captain Jack?

OKAY so the scene with Tia Dalma's hut...

the thing I noticed MOST in this scene is the fact that WILL FLIRTS BACK with Tia. If you watch the scene closely, He actually SMILES and looks kind of intrigued when she starts caressing his hand and jaw. Not that he was going to make a move back or anything, but he wasn't pushing her away either. And Will's line "it seems we have a need to find the flying dutchman" is Will trying to be flirtatious--- seriously=---- we all know Will doesn't flirt much, but he is trying to flirt there. He is smiling, making eye contact with her, and Tia is responding.

I get the feeling there might have been another scene in the Tia hut that was cut out--- perhaps before they leave, there is a private scene between Will and Tia or Tia and Jack where they are talking or something...

Another thing I just need to state for the record. Will is flipping adorable in this movie. He really is. He is much goofier this time around, he is sweet. And he is really smart. He does a great job taking charge with the bone cages, when the kraken attacks, etc. He is a natural leader. I really respect him, and I'm looking forward to seeing him develope more. I am turning into a Will fan, guys. And I'm okay with that. it took me 8 times seeing it to come around and start liking him, but now i have! big grin

ANd at the end--- i am more and more convinced Will knew what Liz had done... chaining Jack to the mast. He isn't acting like a jealous lover in the last scene, he is acting like a confused lover who knew she had to do something for a greater good and he wants to make it right for her... like when he suggests they go and try to get Jack... its not angry. its not sarcastic. he like, genuinly wants to make things right for her. he wants to give her a chance to remedy her decision. thats just the vibe i got last night. lol.

wow i talked a lot and didnt make too many deep points. smile oh well! the movie gets better every time i see it!!!!!!

tee_pirategirl
yeah you DID and I hope that liz working with becket thing isn't true but you made it seem possible and you made good points..something though now that your a will fan you don't HATE jack do you? cause I can respect you liking will but hating jack I dunno lol. and yeah he is sorta sweet I guess and uh..not saying this in a mean way I swear..I'm just saying shouldn't you change your avatar and siggi though? and I loved your points keep them coming

willofthewisp
I don't think Liz was in leage with Beckett at any time. I don't think the spy nabbed her in Tortuga because Beckett's goal isn't to make Will and Liz suffer and die. His goal is to get the heart, and if Liz is on its trail, it's much more beneficial to let her stay free and see where she'll go and what she'll do than capturing her.
As for Will, I like him too. I fully agree with all the things you said. He's just growing up, and this isn't really the kind of world he does best in. He's not used to being a pirate, and he doesn't want to be. I mean, a pirate ship attacked him when he was 12, and he lives at a place where everyone can really be hurt if there is a pirate raid. Liz is in the minority for being into pirates at all.

tee_pirategirl
but liz has maid a point that she DOES like pirates though I do agree with the point you made about liz/ not being spy thing

willofthewisp
Yeah, Liz does, but very few other people in Port Royal do. She stands out because of that fact. Will and most of the other people fear/hate pirates.

tee_pirategirl
yeah port royal IS total anti-pirate you're right

katelovespirate
hahaha woah guys i NEVER said I didnt like Jack anymore... i love Jack more than ever.

and yeah the liz working for beckett is major far fetched lol.... i'm just being random today.

i noticed a lot more fate/destiny lines as well.... they really went all out with that in this movie.

i dont think Will hates pirates anymore. He sort of likes it in 1 when Liz finally calls him a pirate. I think he understands the uses of piracy and why you sometimes have to do that.
but like Jack, he doesnt do things without a cause, ya know? There was a REASON Jack turned pirate, and a good reason too.
And there is a REASON Will is getting more and more piraty.

i read this amazing review yesterday... about how kinky the 2nd movie is, and how all Jack's lines are incredibly ambiguous, and how awesome his character is, and how SHOCKED everyone STILL IS that Disney made these films. i think the line was something like "Not since Disney killed Bambi's mother have they packed so much punch for a PG13 rating..."
LOL i know, right? its so true. they really push the envelope.

OH another thing I was thinking... you cant see the voodoo doll in the hut at all. so where did that go? perhaps that was a deleted scene? because there was a lot of publicity using that doll. so perhaps there was an extra scene between tia nd will where will found the voodoo doll or something. i dont know. just an idea.

tee-pirategirl, i LOVE your siggy. made me laugh hard big grin

and willo, i agree with you on Will. it will be fun to watch where he ends up in 3.

tee_pirategirl
glad you like it lol sooooo glad you don't hate jack cause lots of will fans dobut now i can be happy again and totally agree with you on will having a REASON to turn pirate that's a good point

LovelyOne
I just hope its not him Tia is interested in at the end because that would mean Will ends up With Liz instead Jack ending up with her..

I dont think he knows that she betrayed Jack..he's looking at her as if to say where's Jack..

when she says that he must be thinking she kissed him because he said to her he's staying behind

Jacky Sparrow
why that?

katelovespirate
Originally posted by LovelyOne
I just hope its not him Tia is interested in at the end because that would mean Will ends up With Liz instead Jack ending up with her..

I dont think he knows that she betrayed Jack..he's looking at her as if to say where's Jack..

when she says that he must be thinking she kissed him because he said to her he's staying behind

thats a good point. that makes more sense. all in all i just think that Will knows the kiss was about Jack staying behind, one way or another. meaning, whatever Liz is ACTUALLY feeling, I dont think WILL thinks she doesnt love him anymore... ya know?

oh and... who doesnt like Jack?!?!! oh my goodness, are there people out there who like Will MORE than Jack?!?!?! what is wrong with this world?!?!?!?! big grin

willofthewisp
I think the deleted scenes will be big clues to how things will go down, possibly even more helpful than the trailer itself. That line I found in wikipedia about Jack liking marriage because it's a wager to see who will fall out of love first is just amazing and I hope that the curiosity scene is extended and we only saw a cut portion of it. They will be very telling.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.