The Last Kiss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dea_will
Anyone watched The Last Kiss?

Mr Parker
never heard of it,whos in it?

bakerboy
Not knowed actors. People like Blithe Danner(Gwineth paltrow mother and she was in met the parents), Harold Ramis( ghostbusters and stripers), Tom Wilkinson ( batman begins), Cassey Afleck( Ben Afleck Brother) etc. But i have heard that is a pretty good movie. Is writter by Paul Haggis, the crash director and writter and its a mix of comedy and drama about the relationships between some couples.

forumcrew
Originally posted by bakerboy
Not knowed actors.

first wow

second Zach Braff is the star, and he is pretty well known. Hes been the star of scrubs for 5 years, and really broke onto the film screen by writing/directing/staring in/doing the soundtrack for Garden State. Rachel Bilson from the OC is also in this.

bakerboy
I tried to say not stars or great names here. Zachary Braff maybe is a knowed actor on tv, but on cinema , he isnt a really knowed name.

SheWants
I haven't seen it, is it good?

.Dance_Inside.
I really want to see it smile I'm actually seeing it on Friday

forumcrew
can you stop saying knowed..

dea_will
I didn't think there will be so many interested in it. Although it is a new movie (hardly a week in the cinemas) it is still ... really nothing special.

If anyone wants to you can read a review about it in my blog (it's listed in my profile).

Solo
I tried to say not stars or great names here. Zachary Braff maybe is a knowed actor on tv, but on cinema , he isnt a really knowed name.
You obviously haven't noticed the amount of attention he got fot "Garden State".

Morning_Glory
I tried to say not stars or great names here. Zachary Braff maybe is a knowed actor on tv, but on cinema , he isnt a really knowed name. umm... Garden State thumb up ... good movie!

bakerboy
So, keeping your theory, he is now a big name in cinema because he did garden state.

jainasolo55
he did the soundtracks for both garden state and the last kiss as well theyre both really good smile i wanna see the last kiss

Maple Sugar
it was a pretty good movie..i liked it..but it isn't much of a crowd pleaser hence the bad ratings..which this actually comes from the typings of Zach braff himself..and then there is that..scene...worlds most akward 3 minutes of my life erm

-Tired Hiker-
I'll probably rent it when it comes out on DVD.

Maple Sugar
december 25th i believe it is coming out..early i know..or 26..i forget..most likely 26th 'cause the 25th is christmas as i remember

.Dance_Inside.
so basicallly I saw The Last Kiss last night.
to be honest, I was SOO disapointed, and I was really looking forward to it.

jainasolo55
Originally posted by .Dance_Inside.
so basicallly I saw The Last Kiss last night.
to be honest, I was SOO disapointed, and I was really looking forward to it.

really? it seems good i havent seen it yet but i probably will anyway

MildPossession
It looks absolutely rubbish, think I will miss this out. Friends have said it was terrible.

ariwin
I unfortunately heard the same thing. The majority of people who I know that went to watch it were very disappointed with how it turned out. I still have it on my Netflix queue just bc I want to judge it for myself, and I can't help but love Zaxch Braff, but I am not expecting too much of it.

Solo
A friend of mine with quite good taste liked it a lot. He hated Garden State, I'm excited, I'll be seeing it soon.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I'll probably rent it when it comes out on DVD.

I don't even remember posting that ^^^ but I saw this movie last night on DVD and I liked it .

The only thing that bugs me is that this is one of those movies where a guy cheats on a girl and expects her to take him back, in real life I find it hard to believe a girl would do this because it's something so devastating that its too hard to forgive unless she gets him back by boning his best friend or something, "an eye for an eye", but in this movie it doesn't happen and I just find it hard to believe. But I still liked it.

Solo
I saw it a few weeks ago and I thought it was pretty awful. What a shame, the story didn't have much going for it anyway.

SnakeEyes
Is this movie worth renting?

Wolfie
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
The only thing that bugs me is that this is one of those movies where a guy cheats on a girl and expects her to take him back, in real life I find it hard to believe a girl would do this because it's something so devastating that its too hard to forgive unless she gets him back by boning his best friend or something, "an eye for an eye", but in this movie it doesn't happen and I just find it hard to believe. But I still liked it.
Actually, I think that happens in real life more often than it should. erm

On the movie, I haven't seen it. These romantic movies are starting to get on my nerves.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Wolfie
Actually, I think that happens in real life more often than it should. erm

On the movie, I haven't seen it. These romantic movies are starting to get on my nerves.

the thing with this movie is its more raw and real than your standard romance movie which follows the romantic comedy formula. This and Closer are done in a way that makes for a much better movie.

Morning_Glory
I just watched this movie today... it was sort of depressing, but there was a lot of truth in it, unlike the standard romance movies - that have a happy/good feeling ending

I liked Garden State better but Last Kiss wasn't that bad

forumcrew
well it shouldnt be help up there with Garden State just because of Braff. Because Braff wrote, directed, and did every thing possible for garden state on his own. This time around he just got to put the soundtrack together and star.

The Core
I loved "Garden State" as well. It's kinda funny how "Last Kiss" bombed, and although Braff said he was done with "Scrubs", here he is, back for another season.

forumcrew
He was always doing this season. His comments about maybe being done concern further seasons after #6

LindbergMTL
hey,
I saw that all the DVDs were rented out at Blockbuster this morning. Is is a sleeper type of movie?

manorastroman
the last kiss blows garden state out of the water, mostly because paul haggis doesn't write like he's a hallmark card creator being forced to emote at gunpoint.

i liked it alot. the building tension surrounding braff was very well done, theres some funny and some truth...my only real issue was the pointless subplot about braff's friend still being in love with that random girl. oh, and the soundtrack was mostly abysmal.

.Dance_Inside.
actually I must say the acting in this movie was really good.
the whole message and story was bad.

LindbergMTL
what is the massage... i mean the message?

Solo
Originally posted by manorastroman
the last kiss blows garden state out of the water, mostly because paul haggis doesn't write like he's a hallmark card creator being forced to emote at gunpoint.
Seriously? Paul Haggis is an awful writer.

manorastroman
nah. i don't love him the way the academy seems to, but crash was expertly paced. and he sure as hell does emotion better than zach braff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.